Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26

Author Topic: Roll To Survive the War of Mutations Turn 7 Year:3  (Read 25775 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Survive the War of Mutations
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2011, 06:41:47 pm »

Steve seems to be swatting at his ear.

'Is it just the four of us here?  Let's stick together- god knows what's out there.  All I brought was my camping backpack, which has some survival stuff... but no food."

Search the street for anything useful.  Do not lose sight of the warehouse.

You realize 10L of water is over 2 1/2 gallons, right?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 06:44:02 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2011, 06:46:26 pm »

??? Who's that directed at?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2011, 06:52:53 pm »

Everyone, but especially Riccto/Henry since he's searching outside too.

(Unless you mean the water comment, which is directed at the GM.  My camelpak holds 10L of water, apparently.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2011, 06:54:06 pm »

I meant the water. ^^; Thanks for clarifying.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2011, 06:55:13 pm »

"Lets not get too far, We dont know exactly whats on these streets."
Raggle Fraggle

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2011, 06:56:47 pm »

"Agreed- let's keep within sight of the warehouse, which is our safe haven for now."

BTW, if you hadn't figured it out, I use italics is flavor and bold for action.  Normal text is OOC.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2011, 07:16:50 pm »

Turn 2-Hey a Toolkit.... What's that sound?
"Okay, I'll Watch out for anything coming this way."
The hour is mostly uneventful, but as you stand watch, Henry suddenly runs past carrying two badly burnt metal things (1) You think that it must be something really great so you run in behind him, not noticing that he's panicking not excited.

"No. But we can find one with a bit of searching, Lets search the streets for a bit...Not too far I guess." Search the streets around the building we hid in. Not too far
(2) The street is a wreck, and the smell is even worse.  (6) You do however notice a burned out tow-truck nearby, and as you run over you can see a few metal boxes on the floor inside.  In your haste however you don't realize that it is still hot, and end up burning you left hand (4) but not badly, it will be fine in a few minutes.  You wait a bit then pull the door open (6) it drops to the ground, and makes an insanely loud noise (1) something is moving off in the woods, so you grab (6) both the metal boxes you saw, one seems to be a lunch pail, and the other a toolkit, and with that you make a mad dash back to the warehouse.  (2)Whatever it is, it's big, and it's following you.

Andrea shuddered and but a hand to her forehead. ...A tick must have bit me out in the woods. That's why I feel like crap. That or maybe it was the scene of destruction outside the window. "I'm going to stay in here, guys," she said. "Maybe there's something we can use nearby."

Action: Spend the hour searching the warehouse for useful items, or at least heavy stuff. If I only find heavy things, drag them in front of as many windows and entrances as I can while still leaving one open for entering and exiting.
(3) You don't find anything of particular interest, but you do manage to drag a fair amount of the metal rubble in front of side doors, and low windows.  (3) Even as you finish you can see Taric and Henry dash through the one open door.  How odd, Henry seems terrified but Taric is excited (2) you shiver, ugh men, what's wrong with them.

Steve seems to be swatting at his ear.

'Is it just the four of us here?  Let's stick together- god knows what's out there.  All I brought was my camping backpack, which has some survival stuff... but no food."

Search the street for anything useful.  Do not lose sight of the warehouse.
ah mistype, meant 5/5 L, dunno why I put 10L  anyways:
(1) Argh why is there so much noise, can't people just stop talking, and why are they so obsessed with killing people!?!?!?!  (1)You manage to get absolutely nothing done  (5) Suddenly at the end of the hour, Henry and Taric run past you, and then you see it, a bear, god it must have been a bear, but it has two heads, no hair and is dripping with blood.  The sound stops and you are able to think clearly, RUN!  You shoot through the door to the warehouse as Andrea shivers and turns around.  (2) You can't speak, all you can do is shut the door behind you and lock it tightly.

Group Event:As the Steve manages to lock the door behind him, it suddenly (1)Bows inwards, and as he runs back, terrified, the ancient hinges give way, and a massive two-headed bear, dripping blood bursts through, and rolls across the floor, dazed (6)It's two heads suddenly break out in a biting fight, and it seems preoccupied, if only for a few seconds.

Time: 7:00Am

BATTLE MODE!

Taric:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Andrea

Steve

Henry

Group Inventory(aka what's laying around the warehouse):
Burnt Lunch Box
Burnt Toolkit-hope the stuff inside is ok....
Broken and whole Empty Beer Bottles
Assorted large broken machinery and metal
Bent Metal Door, laying under the two-headed bear

*my god, 7 new replies!
Nom nom nom

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2011, 07:18:59 pm »

Spray at both heads with SMG fire!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2011, 07:19:57 pm »

Try to shoot it in the Vitals, Keep moving around it so it loses focus and doesn't charge!

All this for a some a Toolbox. I like this RTD.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 07:25:22 pm by Riccto »
Raggle Fraggle

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2011, 07:21:05 pm »

Try to shoot it in the Vitals!

A toolbox that may or may not be useful :D
Nom nom nom

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2011, 07:23:56 pm »

"What the hell is that thing?!" Andrea squeaked, going right for her shotgun.

Action: Shoot it in the face with both barrels and reload; repeat twice. After the third reload, fall back and let the guys take care of it. :P

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2011, 07:28:05 pm »

"Kill it!"

Shoot it- aim center mass.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2011, 07:33:22 pm »

Holy Beejezus we go fast.
Raggle Fraggle

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2011, 07:54:05 pm »

Turn 3:Crisis Averted People, well at the extreme cost of ammo anyways.
Try to shoot it in the Vitals, Keep moving around it so it loses focus and doesn't charge!

You react quickly and with amazing success (auto-succeed).  Your first shot tears open it's guts, it doesn't seem to notice though, it does however notice you.  At that point however you were behind it and both heads tried to turn in opposite directions.  (3/5/4/6) The next four shots do a bit better, every breath it takes causes blood to mist out it's nose, something seems to have given it killing intent however.  (1= fail, save=?) You trip, but before it can react you are back on your feet, keeping it distracted.  You get tired however, and really hope this beast dies soon.
-5 shells

"What the hell is that thing?!" Andrea squeaked, going right for her shotgun.

Action: Shoot it in the face with both barrels and reload; repeat twice. After the third reload, fall back and let the guys take care of it. :P
(2/5 4/6 6/5) God that thing won't die, that man, what's his name... Henry, he's keeping it distracted, and it's completely peppered with holes!  Your first shot misses terribly and nearly takes out henry, the next blows the jaw off the left face and one of the other heads eye's out, you feel sick.....  The last shot completely annihilates both heads...... It's STILL MOVING!!!!
-6 shotgun shells
Effect gained:Immobilized with waves of fever and pain

"Kill it!"

Shoot it- aim center mass.
(1)You miss the shot... wait you didn't even shoot, you just dropped your gun, it slides under a nearby pile of junk (2) Not thinking you attempt to crawl under the junk pile to get it, and manage to waste the rest of your chance to shoot the bear getting your gun.

Spray at both heads with SMG fire!
(3+tactical bonus) You spray a few controlled bursts, but the mostly hit the beasts neck and back, as it turns to follow that jumpy guy, but then the girl gets two really good shots off, it doesn't fall and you suddenly see why, most of the brain is still intact, open to the air mind you but intact, what a horrible creature. (5) With a final burst you obliterate the rest of it's head and upper spine, it then falls to the floor, seemingly in unison with the women.
-16 Shells

Time:7:10  next turn=50 minutes

Weather:Clear Sky, with slight chance of slipping on blood

Enviroment:Door to the warehouse is bashed down, everyone is rather exhausted, and there is a bloody corpse of a bear on the floor.

Group Inventory(aka what's laying around the warehouse):
Burnt Lunch Box
Burnt Toolkit-hope the stuff inside is ok....
Broken and whole Empty Beer Bottles
Assorted large broken machinery and metal
Bent Metal Door
Ex-Two Headed Bear Corpse
Nom nom nom

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Survive the War of Mutations Turn 3
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2011, 07:57:49 pm »

"Well, that bastard's dead. Looks like we have dinner sorted out. After we get the bullets out" Butcher and cook the bear.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 08:00:25 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26