Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26

Author Topic: Roll To Survive the War of Mutations Turn 7 Year:3  (Read 25844 times)

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Survive the War of Mutations Turn 23
« Reply #225 on: July 03, 2011, 05:50:43 am »

ok... i may have failed biology but that cant be normal, nevermind
i wonder if i can get loose...

ha i knew that was what that mutation meant.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 03, 2011, 07:22:34 am »

hahah  ya still kinda mad no one took bad cough, that one isn't what you would expect it to be :D  anyways turn coming in an hour or two just woke up
Nom nom nom

squishynoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 03, 2011, 08:14:08 am »

Description: 5 Ft 9 In, 100 Lbs,

I'm unfamiliar with non-metric system, but isn't your character a little too... stretched?

Could you put me also on a waiting list?
Name: Nub o' Rofux
Sex: Male

Description: Squat hairy body, short black hair, very dark brown eyes. His clothes are often stained with oil and marks from his tinkering.

Biography: Has settled just recently in town, working in an electronics repair shop. Has a passion for any kind of tinkering - from mechanical to electronics.
Has been unsettled recently by sudden, occasional twitches and spasms he never experienced before.

Items:
Custom-made 25mm Shotgun (6 round magazine) -- large item
Ammo Box ( 30x 25mm shells, 20x 25mm slugs) -- medium item
Water Flask, 3L -- medium item
Bread loaf - small item
2x pipe bombs - small items
Flashlight - small item

Mutation Seed:  Muscle spasms

Also, are these X-Canisters some kind of Nazi Wunderwaffen?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 03, 2011, 08:37:01 am »

ya 5ft9 and 100lb is a pretty small man, but it's also kinda short and for an asian 100 lb isn't abnormal.  I don't know what the Wunderwaffen is, but no it's more like WWII biological warfare, and is completely fictional.
Nom nom nom

squishynoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 03, 2011, 10:28:53 am »

ya 5ft9 and 100lb is a pretty small man, but it's also kinda short and for an asian 100 lb isn't abnormal.  I don't know what the Wunderwaffen is, but no it's more like WWII biological warfare, and is completely fictional.
Don't know... if the scale is right, 100 lb = 45 kg (Very, very light), and 5ft9 = more or less 1.7m, (just a little under average here).
Sounds quite stretched :P

About the wunderwaffen, I give you these two links :P
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wunderwaffe
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StupidJetpackHitler
Basically another top-secret high-tech Nazi project that only generated a few prototypes.
I know they're fictional, but some top-secret wunderwaffen (that actually never existed) pop up often in all kinds of fiction
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 10:30:41 am by squishynoob »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 03, 2011, 02:30:48 pm »

sigh this turn took me so long thanks to squishynoob, that TVtropes link took an hour of my life
Turn 24:Was that an Offer or a Demand?
Grab any food that's still edible then get out of there!
(6)  While edible may not be a word often described for cafetiere food, you decide it's better then nothing.  You bolt across the dark lunch room, knocking over a half dozen chairs and making a huge noise.  (3) The door comes open with a squeal, and you pull it shut behind you.  (6)  You grab a large box labled food, and turn to leave, (5)  You notice a back entrance designed to deliver things directly to the kitchen and push out the door, as you leave you look behind you.  Huge rats with only a single eye, and fangs that are dripping a reddish yellow liquid are attempting to crawl through the grating over the counter.  (5)  You step out into the street and the door slams shut behind you.
-gained large box labeled food

...That can't be good.

Andrea pushed open the front door, shotgun in hand. She so wanted to believe it was her parents... but what if it were looters? She was all on her own, and that made her very scared and nervous. If one of the guys was with her she probably would just walked right in and looked for the voices, but by herself like this she didn't want to take any risks... and that meant making as little noise as possible.

Action: Investigate while trying to stay as hidden and quiet as possible. Gather food, water, and other supplies while I do so.
The closer you get to the house the colder it gets.  (1)  You push open the door and see your father, on his knees gripping the old television, sparks jump from his hands to the screen keeping it powered, as it plays old family videos, he appears completely oblivious to you and doesn't even blink the whole time you watch him.  Sneaking past you move into the kitchen (4), your mother is standing over the stove, her one hand pressed hard to the element as it glows red, and the other holding a slowly rotating ball of ice.  She however notices you enter (6) and looks at you calmly.  "Andrea, so nice of you to come home, your father has been in there for two days now and every-time I try to stop this my nose starts to bleed, but it's not that bad.... I know I can't do this much longer so there's something I want to give you, please come here."  You notice that there is boot prints everywhere, and all the cupboards have been emptied, it looks like someone raided your house and just walked around your parents at the same time.

Steve stared in shock.  His house... gone?  This was... the only true mark he had on the world.  He had few friends, and his family was all long since dead or living far away.  His house was all he had... and it's gone?

He dropped to his knees and just stared in shock for a while.

"...Why?"

Silently, he trudged downtown to the shops to look for food... but was there a point now?

Head to the shops to look for food.  Grab a shopping cart or something to carry it in.
(6)  You stand up and wander off towards the stores, it took a lot longer then usual but at least nothing interrupted you.  (4)  You see a convience store, it looks largely untouched so you sneak inside (6,6,6,6) the place is loaded with stuff, but as you stare in awe two guns jab into either side of your head, and someone tells you to move if you want to die.  It sounds like there must be at least 8 people here, but they are all out of your view.

ok... i may have failed biology but that cant be normal, nevermind
i wonder if i can get loose...

ha i knew that was what that mutation meant.
(2) You attempt to spit on the ropes, but it seems to not be working very well, the others are mostly plastic based ropes, you wonder if that affects anything (2), when the second rope finally snaps it makes a rather large sound  (1)  You try to work quicker but someone hears you and comes back. (?) A tall women wearing a business outfit walks in, carrying an insanely large handgun.  She looks down at you and says "So you're awake, and I see that you are one of those nasty spitter things, so tell me boy can you talk?"  she has a incredibly thick accent of something like russian.  You just nod, but then realize what she asked and say yes.  She brighttens up a bit and says, "Well then do I have an offer for you.  Now it's something I could do myself but I rather dislike blood, so I would be happy to pay you in various things for your work.  I have in my possession a needle, that when driven into a mutants flesh, will cause a massive blister to form, you then take a vial and fill it with what comes out of the blister.  See why I want someone else to do it?  Now I'd be happy to just give you this advanced piece of technology and take you on your word that you will do as I ask, but sadly my employers won't allow that.  You've been implanted with a tracking and communication device, don't try and find it I promise you won't like where we put it, suffice to say if you squeeze your wrist it will contact my partner here."  A single finger runs down the back of your neck, and you attempt to see who it is, but when you turn around there's no one there, as you turn back another women appears beside the first, though she looks more like a street urchin then a business person.  The first speaks "She will take any vials you collect and then give you a reward fitting the amount and quality of what you collect, and going by the nature of collecting I'm gonna say you'll want alot of ammo and weapons.  Now when you do harvest one of them, be aware that if they aren't already dead, it will kill them, so don't try it on yourself honey."  The second women walks over with a smile and undoes the ropes, she then tosses you your gear, along with a needle-like machine and a box of vials.  "Oh and as a incentive to work well, if you manage to get me 20 vials I'll give you a special little gift to really compensate you."  The urchin women says.  A force lifts you from the chair, pushes you through the store, and then throws you out into the street, the doors slam shut behind you.
-regained items
-gained Extraction Needle
-gained 100 vials

Time:8:00AM day 2

Weather:Bright, clean, clear

Environment:Taric's House:Door Barricaded.  All Windows barricaded, Chain fence fixed, and lightly reinforced.  Shed is fine.  Nearby Houses have been largely stripped of usable wood, you'd need to use a sledge hammer to make anything loose enough to use.  Top Front Windows made into Sniper's Pillboxes.  3 Usable Vehicles sit across the road.

Group Inventory(aka what's laying around Taric's house):
Make-shift gasoline fireplace, burned out
Wheel Barrel (lets you move 4 large items)
Chainsaw (1/1L gas)
Gas can (8/10L)
Portable Power Generator (5/5L gas)
-4 Mustard gas grenades
-4 Smoke Grenades
-2 Red X canisters.
2 10 MM 12 shot pistols
8 12 round 10mm clips
-3 sets of car keys

Taric: Street
Not Hungry
Not thirsty
Not Tired
Gas mask

Steve: Convenience Store, being held up
Not Hungry
Not thirsty
Not Tired
Gas mask

Andrea: Andrea's Parents House
Not Tired
Slightly Hungry
Slightly thirsty
Gas mask

Henry:Taric's House
Slightly Hungry
Moderately Thirsty
Not Tired
Gas Mask

Jessie:Taric's House
Not Hungry
Not Thirsty
Fine
Apparently Telekinetic, only mildly, unaware of power.
Gas Mask
Has 'pet' Lizardman

Alan-Street
Slightly Hungry
Slightly Thirsty
Not Tired
Nom nom nom

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Survive the War of Mutations Turn 24
« Reply #231 on: July 03, 2011, 02:33:57 pm »

Head back home to drop off the food, then head to the milsurp store.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 03, 2011, 02:35:08 pm »

Head back home to drop off the food, then head to the milsurp store.
.......what?
Nom nom nom

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 03, 2011, 02:37:44 pm »

Military surplus store.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 03, 2011, 02:38:38 pm »

there's a hunting supplies store, but no military supplies store, unless you wanna drive to the city :P
Nom nom nom

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 03, 2011, 02:39:09 pm »

Oh. Go to the hunting store then. after dropping off the food.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 03, 2011, 02:41:19 pm »

my head ... ah well lets see if i can find the damn store again
--------------------------------------
get to hunting store and loot whatever thats not bolted to the floor
so this shit is weak against (inorganic) nylon ropes but good agains organic?
what about metal?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 03, 2011, 10:11:44 pm »

Did you seriously roll five 6s for me?  I'm surprised I didn't mentally fly the store back to Taric's house.

Shit.

"Understood."

Try to read their intentions.  If I get a chance (don't be a hero) with just a single guard, fry his brain and book it.  Don't go straight back to Taric's house if so.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 04, 2011, 03:15:15 am »

Andrea took a step back. "Mom... what's going on?" she asked. "What's wrong with Dad, and who's been in here?"

Action: Keep an eye on EVERYTHING and run if approached. Try to find a nearby building to hide in.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 03:21:56 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 04, 2011, 09:19:12 am »

turn will be a bit later today, but ya I did roll five 6's for you.  I was kinda unsure what to do, but ya it's heavily guarded but also full of food water, and various other things like ammo.
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26