Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Guild Wars (and 2!)  (Read 1479 times)

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Guild Wars (and 2!)
« on: June 15, 2011, 05:44:07 am »

So, I've just started playing again. My highest level is a level 12 (shameful, right?) and I'm trying to level up my warrior / ranger in pre-Searing so I can get that achievement or whatever it's called. I'm seriously considering abandoning that idea, though. :p

Anyone else playing or thinking about coming back for 2? Character names and do you fancy levelling together? :p

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars (and 2!)
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 06:06:53 am »

Worth noting levelling to 20 in pre is a serious amount of effort. You want to know you're doing it straight off the bat so you can skip all the quests then you'll need to level up purely by killing enemies, eventually the only enemies you can kill are 4 bosses and you need a partner to open the gate to get to them. Then you have to get started on death levelling. Allowing enemies to level up by killing you until they are finally worth exp. You'll be looking at getting a few hundred exp a day that way.

Personally I gave up after a couple of months.

The game itself is fun but has got less so over time now that there's hardly anyone to play with. Personally I'm really looking forward to Guild Wars 2 though, looks fun.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 06:10:54 am »

actually there's now a repeatable(daily?) quest in presearing. it's a bit hard on your own, though. at least at level 12. ... i have an ele left in pre. might come on later when i'm home from work.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 06:17:15 am »

Wait, what? Surely that makes it really easy to get to 20. No more hours of running GW in the background?

Hang on, can you get LDoA and Survivor now?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 06:19:22 am by Jreengus »
My HoM.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 09:32:39 am »

I found it rather easy to get lvl 20 in GW. What I did find hard was get the bloody abilties I wanted

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 10:04:47 am »

Lvl 20 in Pre isn't easy, even with a repeatable quest, I imagine. I've never tried, all four of my Prophecies characters left at around level 8.

With prophecies alone, Level 20's still a bit of a trek. With Factions, it's a cakewalk.

I have all 10 character classes, all of whom are Level 20 and have at least one campaign completed. I spent far too long on this game.

At the moment, what I really need is to consolidate my assets; I'm on about 26 points in the HoM, need 30 to get all the free gear in GW2. After 30 it's just titles, which I don't care about enough to grind every last point.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 10:49:12 am »

I'm up to 24, want to work on any titles together? I need one more title to get another point and if I can get the rest of my vabbian armour that'll be another 3 points taking me up to 28

Make that 25 points I have now, turned out my dervish had turned 4 and I got a rare miniature from the present.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 10:59:44 am by Jreengus »
My HoM.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 11:05:10 am »

Looks like I'm on 24, too. I can get to 27 with the Minipets I have lying around, especially given the amount of time I've been away from GW. Guaranteed to have some of the latest batch on my prophs chars. After that, Vabbian armour for sure, and if I can get a PvP title that'll get me to 31. I need 4 statues/titles to get another point from that, so the other way would most likely be easier. Also, if I can get a Torment or Oppressor weapon, those'll give me one each.

I'd definitely be up for a bit of GW. I need to do a lot of Domain of Anguish for those Torment Weapons, a lot of money making for the Vabbian gear and a bit of character searching to find any undedicated Minis. Also a lot of PvP. Given my usual PvP tactic is to take the piss with a Touch Ranger, I'm probably a long way off getting that.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 10:52:15 am »

you just need one torment weapon. the Shining Blade weapons are a lot easier to get ... and cheaper. reminds me that i need to complete that storyline soon-ish.
in game character: Ten No Juin
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 11:58:08 am »

I watched the gameplay for GW2 a couple days ago...

Wasn't impressed at all. After all the hype every GW fanboy threw at me and Considering I thought GW1 was one of the most unentertaining MMOs I've ever played, I'm skipping. It basically looks like a mix of GW1 and Warhammer (the mmo, you douches). The best parts of course being taken from Warhammer (such as public quests and quite a bit of cast on the run) and the worst from GW1.

The guy presenting the game was saying their idea was to not stand there pressing one and two... And then he had to constantly tell the player to move and use dodge... That's how bad it was.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2011, 09:11:34 am »

Managed to get 30 points, so that's all the items in the bag. Now I'm thinking of working on 35 so I get the next title.

Canthan cartographer is so easy, once you have a mod highlighting unexplored but explorable areas it's a joke.
My HoM.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2011, 12:13:03 pm »

Canthan cartographer is so easy, once you have a mod highlighting unexplored but explorable areas it's a joke.
That's... kinda cheating.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2011, 01:04:05 pm »

It's also one of the only ways to get the 100% exploration titles without wasting hours trying to figure out where that last 0.1% is.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2011, 02:37:10 pm »

I watched the gameplay for GW2 a couple days ago...

Wasn't impressed at all. After all the hype every GW fanboy threw at me and Considering I thought GW1 was one of the most unentertaining MMOs I've ever played, I'm skipping. It basically looks like a mix of GW1 and Warhammer (the mmo, you douches). The best parts of course being taken from Warhammer (such as public quests and quite a bit of cast on the run) and the worst from GW1.

The guy presenting the game was saying their idea was to not stand there pressing one and two... And then he had to constantly tell the player to move and use dodge... That's how bad it was.
The big thing people are getting hyped about is that the world doesn't stand still - and not just in the public quests aspect, but the ability to have entire towns wiped out due to action or inaction and have a real persistent world going. Of course RIFT already has done the basics of that, but ArenaNET are promising a bit more to it. If they can pull it off it'll be sweet.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 04:03:24 am by Tilla »

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2011, 03:04:31 pm »

That's... kinda cheating.
At least I didn't use any of the bugs to get extra percent easily. like the canthan outpost where you can actually travel into an area you aren't meant to reach and uncover a large black area worth about .6%
My HoM.
Pages: [1] 2