Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Motor nerves  (Read 4207 times)

CriticallyAshamed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Motor nerves
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2011, 02:42:42 am »

Platinum mace-legs would be even more blinged out.

Hell I'm just imagining modding in a Strogg type race and making a "Bereserker" race like those crazy arse guys with the Sword-Arms in QII. Much fun would be had by all.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2011, 03:49:27 am »

We could mod in dwarves to occasionally come with peglegs, or hook hands. That would provide some more flavour. How to get peglegs though, I have no idea. However, with interactions, this might be possible.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Sandrew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2011, 05:13:58 am »

Bad idea, candy is so sharp can sink into stone under it's own weight and it's about as heavy as styrofoam.

Doubt that. Even if the leg would be shaped and sharpened like a blade or spike it would still require force to overcome the resistance posed by rock as well as friction between the blade and the rock. What I mean by resistance is that though it will sink into the rock, your blade widens so the crevice made should widen too, thus a significant amount of force needs to be applied to displace this rock (shatter it, presumably as it is rigid) to allow deeper penetration past the molecular edge of the blade. Even if the blade would be an infinitesimally thin plane there would still be significant friction between its side and the surface it's penetrating, preventing it from penetrating too deeply. The only way I can see candy sinking into rock would require an infinitesimally thin rod, as it would minimize friction as well as surface area.

But I'm probably looking too deep into it, and possibly even plain wrong.

p.s. what was the subject of this thread anyway? I have a feeling I'm being horribly off-topic.

Chakravanti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2011, 07:01:54 am »

Even so, having your peg leg stuck in every floor for every step would be kind of annoying.  Steel Warhammer is probably the appendage.  and should retain its damage values when kicking.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2011, 07:04:55 am »

Original topic was whether motor nerves could be healed.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."
Pages: 1 2 [3]