Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do we continue this game or start anew?

Continue
Start the Sci-Fi RTD

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20

Author Topic: Roll to Doom, Turn 19: One hundred coins, up front  (Read 19162 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Doom, Turn 19: One hundred coins, up front
« Reply #270 on: August 08, 2011, 05:27:03 pm »

But yeah, you got the right answer. Though mind you, it could be MUCH worse >:3

Enjoy the gumball though.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 08, 2011, 05:30:36 pm »

Once again, Taric, you prove you and I are the two sides of a coin with the homebody attitude. :3 Clearly I'm the 'tails' of this quarter because of the eagle (America, **** yeah) on it while you get to be 'heads' due to all the weird mad science-y stuff. And we both drive Tarran insane. So he can be the 'edge' of the quarter.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 08, 2011, 05:31:20 pm »

Must be one very thin coin then :3

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 08, 2011, 07:37:49 pm »

Ok then, everything is set, I'll post a description of the new RTD after I finish my shift.  Then just tell me if you want in or not.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 10, 2011, 12:15:50 am »

Take in such a horde of treasure that Tala instantly forgets about her anger and takes us back.  WE ARE BREADWINNAR!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 10, 2011, 12:17:11 am »

Wrong thread much?

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 10, 2011, 12:17:47 am »

Very much so in fact.  Here's a preview of some talking points I was going to pull.

-Players are special forces sent to go put down riots and other such nonsense that disrupts normal living.

-All Players and NPC's live in one completely enclosed area that either is, or roughly the size of, a city.

-Players are given weapons/armor by Research and Development that may or may not be useful, necessary, or even safe to use.

-Players work for an omnipotent-force be it an A.I. or psychics or aliens or something like that.

-Knowledge is restricted in such a way that if players ever begin to show signs of knowing too much they are terminated for conspiracy.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 10, 2011, 12:18:58 am »

Very much so in fact.  Here's a preview of some talking points I was going to pull.

-Players are special forces sent to go put down riots and other such nonsense that disrupts normal living.

-All Players and NPC's live in one completely enclosed area that either is, or roughly the size of, a city.

-Players are given weapons/armor by Research and Development that may or may not be useful, necessary, or even safe to use.

-Players work for an omnipotent-force be it an A.I. or psychics or aliens or something like that.

-Knowledge is restricted in such a way that if players ever begin to show signs of knowing too much they are terminated for conspiracy.

Hmm. Sounds like an interesting challenge. :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 10, 2011, 01:48:45 am »

This is heavily influenced by Paranoia, but with enough originality I think it passes for not being blatantly copied from.

I still haven't worked out an appropriate title for it, but oh well.

Spoiler: Background (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sub-factions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

So, who's interested?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 10, 2011, 01:58:37 am »

Name: Darwin Marsh
Sub-faction: The Templars

...Does that count for interested? :3

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 10, 2011, 01:59:47 am »

That's some mighty rules!

2033 characters! WOW!

AND 3 LINES FOR CHARACTER SHEETS HOLY SHEET!

... :P

Ehh, why not. I'm bored out of my mind anyway.

Name: Tarran Grittsburg (4th clone)
Sub-faction: Resistance
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 10, 2011, 02:01:13 am »

Yep, that counts.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 10, 2011, 02:23:23 am »

All right, I'll keep an eye out for that starting then. ^^ Also, Tarran, since we're basically using this thread for randomness until it's locked, how's your own RTD coming along? (Clarification: I'm not hinting or demanding 'start nao,' legitimately just curious as to how it's going.)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 10, 2011, 02:43:24 am »

I knew someone was going to ask sometime.

It's moving slowly. I spent 3 days doing absolutely nothing, not working on it some time ago. But I'm working on it again.

Size of RTD from direct copy-and-paste including the guns, armor, shields and vehicles: 66844 characters.
Size of RTD without format, including the guns, armor, shields and vehicles: 65538 characters.
Size of fluff weapons, armor, shields and vehicles with format: 34683 characters.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 02:45:08 am by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 10, 2011, 02:53:31 am »

All right, cool. ^^ Keep at it, youngster. :3
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20