Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do we continue this game or start anew?

Continue
Start the Sci-Fi RTD

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20

Author Topic: Roll to Doom, Turn 19: One hundred coins, up front  (Read 19170 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Doom: Starting in a Forum near you!
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2011, 02:08:29 am »

Not necessarily Irony, if they are sleeping though they have a chance to wake up.

Yes, Tarran.  Looks like a fine sheet to me.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2011, 02:37:22 am »

I was going to sit and watch, but I think I'll in so we can get this show started sooner. :3

Name: Tekrushar, So-zar, Shuakegu, Tel'ars, The Screaming One, The Shambling Dreamer, The Voice Which Must Not Be Heard
Horror Type: Abomination
Appearance: As a human, Tekrushar appears to be a normal looking man, 5'10, 200 pounds. A bit chubby but not exactly fat, one might say. He has long black hair touching his shoulders and brown eyes. But if seen out of the corner of your eyes, he appears wrong; his eyes and mouth are black hollow voids, and his body appears to be patched here and there with thin purple veins and rotting yellow flesh. If his shadow is stared at for too long, one can almost see shapes waver and break away from the main mass, slithering towards all nearby forms of life such as grass and animals while shaking back and forth like tentacles and making desperate lunges as if to devour whatever they can. Even when looked at directly, sometimes he appears to shimmer like a mirage as he moves. Just viewing him gives one a sense of dread, discomfort, unease. In his true form, The Screaming One most resembles a horrific giant mass of yellow flesh, eyes bleeding a viscous purple fluid, and fanged mouths, both dragging itself along and capturing prey with a multitude of black tongues, shrieking in Brown Notes and emitting a thick smoky fog behind it as it moves. In human guise Shuakegu always speaks with hollow, rasped, lifeless tones that seem to echo endlessly yet are just barely within hearing, and is generally smoking a cigarette.
Background: Where does an eldritch lord come from? Who can say how long one has lived? All anyone can say for certain is that this beast has haunted the nightmares of holy men for time untold...
Starting Region: Unseen Forests
Ultimate Goal: Devour all living creatures, from the smallest of worms to the sentient races to the great beasts and follow horrors themselves.
Inventory: Tel'ars, as a human, generally prefers appearing in the most modest clothes befitting the region he's in so as not to stand out. He usually carries a halberd since its versatile and practical.

Edit for spelling errors and to make a few small adjustments to appearance.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 05:38:48 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2011, 02:42:45 am »

Just waiting for one last vampire.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2011, 06:47:06 am »

Hold up. I'm writing a sheet now.

Name:  Rasputin Ava
Horror Type:  Vampire
Appearance:  He often choses to take the form of a wealthy nobleman of a moderate build, wearing rich clothing and various forms of jewelery , The true noteworthy detail is the golden eyes and gem laden teeth seen when he (Often) smiles.
Background:  The third son of a Nobleman of no great repute he was forced to join a monastic order but he had spited them from the begining. He hated the vows he was forced to take, especially those of celibacy and poverty. Through a series of (self-inflected) events he put in motion his becoming a vampire. Only to put his plan to action
Starting Region:  Marshes of the Wild
Ultimate Goal:  To Surround himself with the ultimate riches and bring about a time of consumption and wild avarice
Inventory: Noble Clothing, Rapier
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 07:04:01 am by Riccto »
Raggle Fraggle

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2011, 09:21:57 pm »

Nudge.
Raggle Fraggle

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2011, 09:25:46 pm »

Calm down Riccto you are getting a bit impatient V-Norrec is GMing three a RTDs, adn has matters to attend to pkus its only been three hours since your post.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2011, 09:28:13 pm »

Calm down Riccto you are getting a bit impatient V-Norrec is GMing three a RTDs, adn has matters to attend to pkus its only been three hours since your post.
???

Quote from: His post before his last in my time
04:47:06
Quote from: His last post in my time
19:21:57
That's about foureen, Adwarf, not three.

But yeh, have some patience Riccto.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2011, 09:30:44 pm »

Well that confirms it my mom waking me up after getting only two hours of sleep,a dn then her procedding to yell at me is bad for my health, and my sanity.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2011, 09:38:38 pm »

Ok, seriously, sometimes I like to hang out with my fiancé.  I don't abandon games that quickly so stop your worrying, I am getting to it in my own time.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2011, 09:39:33 pm »

/HideInShellFunctionIsAGOGO.
Raggle Fraggle

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2011, 09:51:18 pm »

Ok, seriously, sometimes I like to hang out with my fiancé.  I don't abandon games that quickly so stop your worrying, I am getting to it in my own time.
I know I learned to trust you from the Starcraft forum gaem of yours.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2011, 10:01:07 pm »

Yeah, I regret not finishing that, but that game had serious issues that I hadn't thought through and a bad case of over-complication.  I ought to lock that thread but maybe someone can learn from my mistakes.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2011, 10:02:34 pm »

Yeah, I regret not finishing that, but that game had serious issues that I hadn't thought through and a bad case of over-complication.  I ought to lock that thread but maybe someone can learn from my mistakes.
I thought it was amazing combat just needed a bit of refining thats all.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2011, 10:08:41 pm »

That wasn't the only issue though, I hadn't thought of end game, there were no clear goals among other issues such as an item and skill system that wasn't fully thought out and balanced.  I do know one thing is sure though, if I'm ever doing anything like that again, I'm getting a co-GM and maybe a couple of volunteers to help us beta-test the damn game over Skype or some shit.  There were so many things I hadn't thought of that I was just making up on the fly.  Combat was pretty damn awesome though.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2011, 10:10:57 pm »

It really was I was lookign forward to burning some zergs as they broke into our bunker on that second training exercise, but it took me to long to put my suit on.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20