Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do we continue this game or start anew?

Continue
Start the Sci-Fi RTD

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20

Author Topic: Roll to Doom, Turn 19: One hundred coins, up front  (Read 19182 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Doom, Turn 3: Well played
« Reply #90 on: June 17, 2011, 12:18:15 pm »

I would say I am pure Neutral since I will only attack someone if they plan on destroying the world, or in some way harming my followers, and supporters.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Doom, Turn 4: It was the best of luck and the worst of luck.
« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2011, 01:28:49 am »

Quote from: Tarran
"Do you know who I am?" *Tentacles appear from behind* "Get out of my way before I rip you to shreds and feed you to dogs."

Partially expose my true form. Also get ready just in case they attempt to attack.

[3]  You do expose your true form, but all it does is make them want to attack you for being a freak of nature.  [2]  You're so surprised by their not running away you do absolutely nothing to avoid or stop their attacks.

Quote from: adwarf
Hellbringer looked at the leader, and said "Yes do so, and gather as much funds as possible for now I have much to do." with that Hellbringer got up, and walked out deciding to search the town for more to join the cause.

[5]  Your new worshipers and find several people likely to join your cause.  They want to meet with you before they make any commitments though. [3] You think about approaching the town, but you realize that would bring a lot of soldiers down on you since there is an active guard presence here.  Instead you decide to just wait for the moment and let your minions do the work.

((I'm too nice, I really should have just brought down the soldiers on you, thank me.))

Quote from: Riccto
Attempt to round up some dull-witted yet (hopefully) wealthy/influential followers

[3]  You manage to find one moderately (and I use that term loosely) wealthy traveling merchant in town.  He's not really interested in investing in a no-name like you though.  Damn it all to hell.

Quote from: IronyOwl
"If you don't like the local service, start your own," Makavai said smoothly. "How would you like to aid me in acquiring an empire, and rule over a free-willed piece of it yourself?"

"And while we're on the topic... do you have any followers? Allies? Enemies?"

[3]  "You don't seem like one of Xavier's men.  I think I can trust you.  I will help you Mr. Makavai."  [4]  She has a few loyal followers, but Xavier may very well start cracking down on you now if he catches wind of your where abouts.  She also has a hidden base in a nearby Village

((Claire is a lieutenant, she can govern a town/city for you while you are gone, as well as have above-average statistics and being able to perform many of the same actions that you could.  Villages have no need for a Lieutenant to govern them.))

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
So-zar looked around at the revelers. So weak-minded. With the drink clouding their senses they will be easy prey. But perhaps I should be careful with this. Mortals panic so easily. Tekrushar entered the nearest construct, making sure he was hidden from view, and leaned his halberd on the wall. He dropped to all fours, growling like a feral animal as the change took him, his body and clothes melting into an amorphous mass, his eyes and mouth becoming hollow voids before splitting his skull into pieces and joining the rest of the mass, spreading across the interior and filling the entire floor space. Not his full size; he couldn't manifest completely in the mortal realm yet. He didn't have the power yet; wouldn't until he had consumed enough. But for now what he had would suit his purposes.

He reached out to the thoughts of as many drunken dog-men as he could, filling their minds with a horrendous cacophony of voices screaming to worship The Voice Which Must Not Be Heard, to give their hearts and minds, souls and lives to The Shambling Dreamer, to bring others to this place so they too could become a part of his glory...

[4]  You head inside one of the nearby buildings without being noticed before transforming into your true form, albeit a little bit more wee.  With very little effort you start speaking directly into the minds of the dog-men.  They're not your slaves yet though, you can only influence them for the moment.  Everyone is soon gathered in the village square though.  Of course, only being able to enslave one at a time is problematic. . . how to solve this issue?

Quote from: KaguroDraven
Kaguro sighed to himself before trying, again, to find these supposed demon worshipers while not being seen.

[5]  You manage to get near the town unobserved this time.  You manage to find the basement belong to the demon-worshipers.  Nobody is there right now though, probably isn't safe for them to meet this soon after a demon sighting you reason.

Enemy Actions

Bandit 1:  [4] [4 damage]  The leader takes charge and slices off one of your many tentacles, it almost instantly begins to rot away into nothingness.

Bandit 2:  [2]  Misses as you writhe in pain from the multiple people attacking you with swords

Bandit 3:  [3] [4/2=2 damage]  This bandit nicks one your many tentacles.  It stings, but you'll live.

Bandit 4:  [3] [6/2=3 damage]  This bandit attacks your human form stabbing his swords straight through your chest, it is embedded in the wound and try as he might he can't get it back out.

Bandit 5:  [2]  Also misses for the same reasons as the second bandit.

Enemy Status

Bandit 1:
Health:  2

Bandit 2:

Bandit 3:

Bandit 4:

Bandit 5:

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ricto (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: KaguroDraven (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: adwarf (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)

Tarran, a bit of advice, you can attack twice, they can't.  Tear them apart quickly or their numbers will in fact overwhelm you.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Doom, Turn 4: It was the best of luck and the worst of luck.
« Reply #92 on: June 18, 2011, 01:31:34 am »

Ow, jerks.

"AAARRRGGGHHH! NOW YOU DIE!"

Turn fully into my true form and rip the heads off the first and fourth (two attacks).
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 18, 2011, 01:36:00 am »

Convince him of the investment opertunities and future buissness partnerships

Damn I am getting shitty rolls.
Raggle Fraggle

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 18, 2011, 01:36:48 am »

He probed their thoughts, looking for the most influential among the dog-men, the one the others trusted most. His mind would be enslaved and totally bent to the The Screaming One's will, and that dog-man would speak his praises to the others until they believed in him of their own will... and if they didn't, he could spare a little of his willpower towards pushing them to believe their leader's words.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 18, 2011, 01:41:59 am »

"Bring them here then, and see if you can't find a way of securing some weaponry for our cause while you are at." said Hellbringer as he sat there waiting to see these prospective followers, and excited at the opportunity to gain some weapons, and begin training these followers to be his first warriors.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 18, 2011, 05:32:53 am »

Sit in a dark corner of this place and wait as long as it takes for the demon worshippers to arrive.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 18, 2011, 05:39:14 am »

"Excellent! You may wish to assemble any of your followers that don't wish to stay here; we'll be leaving for someplace a bit less... contested, shortly.

First, however, I need to call on another potential ally; fancies himself a king, I believe? In any case, I'll return in relatively short order."

Find this King John or whoever he was, inquire as to his opinions on Xavier and such.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Doom, Turn 5: Riccto, the worst persuader EVAR!
« Reply #98 on: June 18, 2011, 10:04:06 pm »

I AM A UPDATING EVERYTHING TODAY, I FEEL TEH AMBITION!!!

Quote from: Tarran
Ow, jerks.

"AAARRRGGGHHH! NOW YOU DIE!"

Turn fully into my true form and rip the heads off the first and fourth (two attacks).

[6]  You attempt to rip the head off of the Bandit Leader but he dodges out of the way, straight behind Bandit Four who. [4] [3 damage]  Loses his head in a spectacular fashion.  The blood, it is everywhere.

Quote from: Riccto
Convince him of the investment opertunities and future buissness partnerships

[1]  "So... investing in me is a good idea." 

"How so?

"I. . . I wasn't expecting to get this far."

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
He probed their thoughts, looking for the most influential among the dog-men, the one the others trusted most. His mind would be enslaved and totally bent to the The Screaming One's will, and that dog-man would speak his praises to the others until they believed in him of their own will... and if they didn't, he could spare a little of his willpower towards pushing them to believe their leader's words.

[6]  With no effort whatsoever you warp the pathetic dog-man leader's mind beyond recognition until he is merely an extension of your will.  [4] vs. [3]  Though initially doubtful, the entire village soon believes that you, The Screaming One, will lead them to future glory and conquest against the elves. 

LONG LIVE SHUAKEGU, LEADER OF THE DOG-MEN, DESTROYER OF ELVES!

Event Roll:  [5] A snake person trading caravan is on it's way here now, it brings weapons for the dog-men in exchange for the dog-mens elven slaves that were recently capture in the raid on the forest.

Quote from: adwarf
"Bring them here then, and see if you can't find a way of securing some weaponry for our cause while you are at." said Hellbringer as he sat there waiting to see these prospective followers, and excited at the opportunity to gain some weapons, and begin training these followers to be his first warriors.

[6]  Not only are they brought before you but they instantly agree to serve you.  Nice.  [3]  Your undead followers are soon armed with daggers and clubs.  A start, but hardly professional.

Quote from: KaguroDraven
Sit in a dark corner of this place and wait as long as it takes for the demon worshippers to arrive.

[4]  You merely sit down and wait for the demon worshippers to arrive.  You're beginning to feel hungry, hungry to feast upon the souls of the innocent.  One of the worshipers heads down to the basement and sees you.  "Why hello, I was wondering when somebody would show up?"  You say.

Quote from: IronyOwl
"Excellent! You may wish to assemble any of your followers that don't wish to stay here; we'll be leaving for someplace a bit less... contested, shortly.

First, however, I need to call on another potential ally; fancies himself a king, I believe? In any case, I'll return in relatively short order."

Find this King John or whoever he was, inquire as to his opinions on Xavier and such.

[6]  "I understand, here, it's a map to our base, come as soon as you finish your business here, we'll prepare the way for you," says Claire.  You'll be able to locate them with ease later.

[2]  You can't find any trace of King John the Fourteenth though.  How is a skeleton who calls himself king this good at hiding?

Enemy Actions

Bandit 1:  [6]  You writhe out of the way of the bandit leader's attack

Bandit 2:  [3] [1/2= no damage]  While this bandit manages to hit you, you shrug off the blow and let out a ferocious roar.

Bandit 3:  [1]  This bandit kinda has an accident and is in need of new britches now.

Bandit 5:  [3] [6/2= 3 damage]  This bandit manages to slice off another one of your tentacles which also begins to rot immediately after being separated from your body.

Enemy Status

Bandit 1:

Bandit 2:

Bandit 3:

Bandit 4: *dead*

Bandit 5:

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Riccto (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: KaguroDraven (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: adwarf (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)

It is now midday, in 5 more turns it will become night.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 12:32:11 am by V-Norrec »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 18, 2011, 10:14:20 pm »

"Ok now begins our main operation. I want ten of you to go out, and begin secureing funds, resources, and items for our cause, and the other ten of you I want to stay here, and begin training in combet I will instruct you in the arts of war. Now let us begin." said Helbringer a s he stood up, and began overseeing the training of his new warriors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 18, 2011, 10:16:37 pm »

The power of belief... It had been a long time since any mortal being had accepted him as their lord, and it was a nostalgic feeling for Shuakegu. Yes, he would destroy the elves these dog-men despised. An elf's flavor was wholly different than most races, probably due to their diet. They would be a fitting first course. He showed the leader what he looked like in his human guise so he would be recognized, then changed back and grabbed his halberd.

A trader - a snakeman, specifically - was arriving soon to exchange elven slaves for weapons. "We will wait," he said, leaning on his halberd. "We will trade these slaves. We will march on their home. We will burn their forests to smoldering ashes and we will gnaw on their bones, feast on their flesh and desecrate their graves." He smiled to himself. That last was always a fun diversion. The last time he had manifested - when was that, even? It had been too long ago - he had had a field day in a building humans had considered holy. It was always so satisfying to devour the faith of weak-willed mortals and replace their beliefs with belief in him.

It's been far too long. I can't even remember what happened. He had gotten banished back, somehow, to gather his strength until he could again rip through the void. He would have to be a bit more careful this time; gather resources and followers slowly and methodically.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 18, 2011, 10:26:53 pm »

"RAAAAAHHHHHHH YOU IDIOTS! DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!" 

Tarran whipped a tentacle towards Bandit 5 and attempted to eat his head while smashing a bolder into Bandit 2's head.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 19, 2011, 12:02:00 am »

Make another attempt to find and converse with this elusive king.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 19, 2011, 12:11:39 am »

Elaborate DAMMIT.
Raggle Fraggle

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 19, 2011, 08:47:33 am »

Dust myself off and introduce myself "Hello mortal, I am Pestilance" Grin darkly "I had heard you worship demons. Let me guess the object of you worship is a lesser demon like an imp right? wouldn't you prefer to worship a greater demon, a being has the power to grant you your hearts desire?"
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20