Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do we continue this game or start anew?

Continue
Start the Sci-Fi RTD

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20

Author Topic: Roll to Doom, Turn 19: One hundred coins, up front  (Read 19192 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Doom, Turn 10: IronyOwl=Lenin? Also, Kaguro meets the guards.
« Reply #165 on: June 27, 2011, 03:03:08 am »

I was going for another village, but on second thought I guess I will go to an actual town instead. 25 minions probably isn't enough to conquer it outright, but I'm not planning on doing that anyway.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Doom, Turn 11: So-zar, leader of the Spartan Dog-Men.
« Reply #166 on: June 27, 2011, 09:24:11 pm »

Quote from: Riccto
Whistle the signal and go Blood pool to get closer to the caravan without being seen before showing them my stabs

[6] You whistle the signal and you and your bandits move-out.  [5] With stealth beyond the imagining of morals you turn into a pool of blood and quickly get behind the caravan.  Your bandits are at the side and now you're ready to bring the 3 dwarves protecting it to their knees.

Quote from: KaguroDraven
Run away

[1] You try to run but you happen to have a spear embedded in you. [6] You manage to get it out and run away very quickly however.  Damn humans and their well protected lands.

Quote from: adwarf
Train the Undead Followers in the ways of combat, and send the bandits out to recruit more followers for the war was soon to begin.

[2]  The followers all look at you as you try to teach them.  "Desu?"  You're pretty sure they are mentally challenged at best.  [3]  The bandits go get a couple more "unwilling volunteers".

Quote from: Tarran
Walk up to the highest ranking guard. Casually talk about bandits while secretly making it hard for him to find me suspicious at all.

[4]  You find a guard, and start conversing with him.  "So the bandits seem to be pretty thick in the part."

"Yeah, with a lot of our forces stationed in the marshes to keep the elves and dwarves at bay there are a lot more bandits out than normal.  All the towns have built walls, and we're thinkin' about puttin' up about Palisade around the villages.  Looks like you had a run-in with them, my apologies."

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
The plan had so far went successfully. Now that the dog-men had iron round shields, one-handed spears, leather armor, and red cloaks, it was time to initiate the second part of the plan. "Kill them all, but spare the children and the elves. Those are mine," he said, blowing a smoke ring into the air. "Attack!"

[6]  Your dog men enter the village.  With the weapons that were rightfully yours, the snakes have no chance.  They are slaughtered and the buildings set aflame.  You steal the snake-men's livestock, wagons, children, slaves, and all the money you could find as well.  With all of their guards incapacitated from earlier, they don't even kill a single one of your dog-men.

(+2 Wagons, +15 elf slaves, + 10 Snake-men children, +10 camels, +50 gold coins)

Elsewhere in the desert:  A man with a primal connection to nature comes from the elf lands.  He sniffs the air, before suddenly taking off running.  His objective, unknown.

Quote from: IronyOwl
Recruit disgruntled laborers to my cause. Travel with minions to a better village.

[6] You and your men recruit many (20) disgruntled laborers to your cause before, [2] having a demonstration in the town square.  If you didn't have the Lich's attention before, you sure have it now.

Enemy Actions

None of the Dwarf Guards notice anything unusual as they continue towards the Human town of Lokfar.

Enemy Status

Dwarf Guard 1-3: 
Health:  3
(-1 physical damage received)

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Riccto (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: KaguroDraven (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: adwarf (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)

Riccto will, for the next ten days or so, be controlled by me.  In order to make it fair so you know what he's up to I'll be doing his next action at the end of this post and I won't be able to edit it (in case he gets into a situation where he has to interact with one of you.)

Explode a Dwarves heart, then attack a second.

Also, in case you were wondering how battles are decided between two opposing forces... I haven't worked that out yet but I'm thinking about reviving the V-Craft system from my old StarCraft Forum Game.  It basically works like this, 3 rolls of 1-100 are taken for both side, average the three rolls, add in modifiers (in this case modifiers would be added for size of both sides, equipment, preparedness, experience, and any defenses set up.)  The problem with that is the one side would be entirely wiped out which isn't very realistic.  Any ideas for another system that might work and be more fair to everyone.  (i.e. people from both sides would die)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 09:46:09 pm by V-Norrec »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Doom, Turn 11: So-zar, leader of the Spartan Dog-Men.
« Reply #167 on: June 27, 2011, 09:35:31 pm »

Apparently I am now SeriousConcentrate in quotes.

My mind is confused.

"Yeah, they were really nasty..."

"Listen, could you kindly look into my eyes?"

Convert him to my side. As another action, ensure that if I fail he can't scream or attack me.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 27, 2011, 09:45:26 pm »

Look for travelers to steal souls from, away from the village
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 27, 2011, 09:46:39 pm »

Apparently I am now SeriousConcentrate in quotes.

My mind is confused.

WHY DO I KEEP DOING THIS?   Fixed.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Doom, Turn 3: Well played
« Reply #170 on: June 27, 2011, 09:52:00 pm »

Hmm, how big is my radius for manipulating minds in my true form?
Depends what you are trying to accomplish.  If you want to break everyone in an area, probably about 15 yards of range.  If you merely want to influence them you could get about 100 yards.  Enthralling a person can only be done one at a time.  The village is obviously bigger than that but they are all gathered right now.

Are you trying to attempt to Enthrall a person without transforming into your true form, because I'm pretty sure Serious and I went over this already and this was the result.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 27, 2011, 10:02:21 pm »

Ummmmmm...

You didn't quote me. (I assume you're talking about my action?)
Your quotes don't relate to manipulating in human form. At all.

Anyway, I just realized that you have to assume your true form.

So just get the man somewhere dark and try to enthrall him.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 27, 2011, 10:05:49 pm »

Oh dear. Looks like this'll be an issue soon.

Triumphantly head to a town and inspect it. Recruit more followers if there's time.

As for the system, what about something involving dividing the two numbers by each other? I don't know exactly how it would work, but suppose Side A rolls 40 and Side B rolls 80 (after modifiers). Side A takes (80/40=2) something involving 2 damage (20% casualties, 2x a percentile roll in % casualties, etc), while Side B takes (40/80=0.5) something involving 0.5 damage (5% casualties, 1/2 a percentile roll in % casualties, etc).
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 27, 2011, 10:14:29 pm »

Considering you are the only abomination trying to enthrall something right now, yes, that would be correct.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 27, 2011, 10:36:30 pm »

Tekrushar grinned. It had went better than he had hoped. The dog-men were indeed capable warriors. "Herd the children and elves into this building," he instructed, pointing out the only one that wasn't on fire. "I have plans for them. You are free to celebrate as you wish and divide up the other spoils on your own." Once his orders were carried out, he went inside as well and locked the door. "Well. It's just us now." He blew a smoke ring into the air, then crushed the cigarette out against his palm and tucked the remains behind his ear. "I have many things to show you. But first..."

He reverted into his true form and fell upon the elves, devouring them, chains and all, before turning his myriad eyes to the snakemen children. He focused his will upon them, attempting to break them and make this his devoted servants.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 27, 2011, 11:01:28 pm »

Train the worshippers to be bandits, and send the bandits to steal some better equipment.

OOC: Can I eat the prisoners to gain some powers, or how do I gain more of them exactly?

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Doom, Turn 12: Riccto A.I. is watching you.
« Reply #176 on: June 29, 2011, 01:01:35 am »

Quote from: Riccto A.I.
Explode a Dwarves heart, then attack a second.

[6] The dwarves clutches his chest as his eyes begin to bulge.  He falls to ground in the last spasms of life. [3] [(6/2)-1 = 2 damage] Another dwarf is quickly stabbed in his chest. 

Bandit Rolls:
[4] [1-1 = 0 damage]

[3] [(4/2)-1 = 1 damage]

[4] [6-1 = 5 damage]

The dwarves are dispatched before the bandits even finish their assault.  (loot roll:  [4])  You rake in a moderate amount of gold and gems.  ((150 gold coins, 2 dwarf prisoners (caravan drivers), 2 small crates of assorted gems))

Quote from: Tarran

"Yeah, they were really nasty..."

"Listen, could you kindly look into my eyes?"

Convert him to my side. As another action, ensure that if I fail he can't scream or attack me.

[1] He is in no way interested in joining you. [6] You do morph and drive him absolutely insane.  So insane he just stands there drooling on himself.  (Event Roll: [1]) Unfortunately another of the guards saw you and raises the alarm.  One step forward, two steps back.

Quote from: KaguroDraven
Look for travelers to steal souls from, away from the village

[1]  It's kinda dead at night.  You see a patrol of soldiers but it's pretty pointless to attack them.  At least they didn't see you.

Quote from: IronyOwl
Triumphantly head to a town and inspect it. Recruit more followers if there's time.

[4] You quickly head to the town of Poison.  Your followers follow behind you chanting various phrases of unrest against the Lich.  [2]  You inspect the town.  It's pretty dark but you're fairly certain there is a town square.  Maybe an inn too.

Quote from: SeriousCocnentrate
Tekrushar grinned. It had went better than he had hoped. The dog-men were indeed capable warriors. "Herd the children and elves into this building," he instructed, pointing out the only one that wasn't on fire. "I have plans for them. You are free to celebrate as you wish and divide up the other spoils on your own." Once his orders were carried out, he went inside as well and locked the door. "Well. It's just us now." He blew a smoke ring into the air, then crushed the cigarette out against his palm and tucked the remains behind his ear. "I have many things to show you. But first..."

He reverted into his true form and fell upon the elves, devouring them, chains and all, before turning his myriad eyes to the snakemen children. He focused his will upon them, attempting to break them and make this his devoted servants.

[6] You eat the elves with much gusto after dismissing your dog-men to finish the looting and pillaging of the city.  Soon all that is left of the elves is a few blood stains.  Most of the snake-men children are huddled in a corner by this point, trying to not make any noise less they become the object of your attention. [2] You don't enthrall people after eating, it's just not done!  It's bad for digestion you know.

Quote from: adwarf
Train the worshippers to be bandits, and send the bandits to steal some better equipment.

[4] After much effort you believe you have finally have trained your other worshipers to be bandits.  [1] Your current bandits however are feeling pretty tired so they just sit around instead of going out and hijacking any equipment.

Enemy Actions

Enemy Status

Dwarf Guard 1: *dead*

Dwarf Guard 2: *dead*

Dwarf Guard 3: *dead*

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Riccto (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: KaguroDraven (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: adwarf (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)

Transfusion one of the Dwarves to keep my human appearance, Then drive the caravan to elven territory where we will be able to sell this without raising suspicion.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Doom, Turn 12: Riccto A.I. is watching you.
« Reply #177 on: June 29, 2011, 01:04:24 am »

Ok, What the HELL is with my luck? This is getting fucking insane

Look for more travelers while heading to a random village.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 29, 2011, 01:07:14 am »

Gather the the men leave five behind to protect the base, and head out with the other 25 to kill guards,a nd steal their stuff.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 29, 2011, 01:07:43 am »

"OH COME ON WILL NOTHING GO MY WAY?"

"You know what, how about I just fix his mind and leave you all alone? I'm having a bad day, give me a break!"

Try to fix the man's mind and then run away.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20