Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do we continue this game or start anew?

Continue
Start the Sci-Fi RTD

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20

Author Topic: Roll to Doom, Turn 19: One hundred coins, up front  (Read 19200 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Doom, Turn 6: A mixed bag of rolls
« Reply #120 on: June 21, 2011, 01:42:06 am »

*clears throat* I warned you about bandits bro!!!! I told you dog! I told you man, I TOLD you about bandits! 8-y Seriously, you should've tried to enslave them. You could have always executed them later.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 21, 2011, 02:25:18 am »

Aha!!!! The bad roll pile doesn't stop getting taller!!!!!.... 8^Y
Raggle Fraggle

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 21, 2011, 02:28:35 am »

...and then Riccto schooled me with a more correct emoticon. ^^;
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 21, 2011, 02:33:53 am »

Now if only I could win over the village that thinks I have a mental condition with my correct emoticons and quoting SBaHJ....I think that reaffirms the mental condition position. (HEY THAT RHYMES.)
Raggle Fraggle

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 21, 2011, 02:56:50 am »

You could always try:

Warning them about stairs
Teaching them how to properly put silverware back into the drawer
Teaching them effective distactions
Teaching them how the ecology works and why you should get all their money
Showing them what angel to use

And if all that fails you could easily just escape from above. :3

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Doom, Turn 7: Bandits finally start to die.
« Reply #125 on: June 23, 2011, 08:30:35 am »

Quote from: Tarran
"Ahhh... Raaaahhhh!" Tarran screamed somewhat weakly. The fighting was taking it's toll on him and he was loosing blood somewhat quickly.

Tarran continued fighting by spitting out Bandit 1's dagger at a very high velocity, and throwing Bandit 3 into Bandit 2.

[6]  You spit the dagger back out of your mouth at the Bandit Leader, but he knocks it away with his sword. [5] [3x2=6 damage] [4x2=8 damage] Grabbing ahold of the bandit you throw him into one of the others, killing both as their heads slam together.  Pathetic mortals!

Quote from: adwarf
Hellbringer stared at the ones he had sent to collect the funds, and said "It is alright, but I expect you to get it right this time now once again I ask you to go, adn collect more funds while I stay here, and over see the training of these men." He then went to overseeing the training of the bandits to be better soldiers, as the others went out to gather money.

[6] You're followers manage to get you 10 gold coins.  YEY! [2] They might be better soldiers, if you some how managed to actually get some weapons and armor for them.  As it is however, they're probably about as skilled as they are going to get.

Quote from: KaguroDraven
Grin. "Good little mortals, now bring me innocents who you can steal away from their homes without the guards getting too suspicious, if you do that I'll show you something interesting."

[2]  "Yeah. . . about that not attracting the guards attention.  That didn't exactly goes as planned as the guards killed five of us as we were trying to abduct some children."

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
So-zar took a deep breath and kept himself from falling back into his true form. "First, we will pay these treacherous snakes back ten fold for this," he said to the dog-men. "Follow. I will show them the true face of your new leader." With any luck, their inevitable victory over the snakemen would increase their faith in him. When they got to the village, he would order the dog-men to sneak in and steal whatever weaponry they could, then wait for his signal to begin the attack.

[4]  The Dog-men quickly gather up what little weaponry they have and take off after the snake-men.  You follow along behind them.  The sands of the desert aren't great for travel but you manage to keep the traders in sight.  Not too much longer until they face your wrath.

Quote from: Riccto
Rasputin curses as he sulks back towards the Tavern, keeping his ear figuratively to the ground for any rumors or secrets that may be floating around the smokey rooms, Information is Power also

[5] You head back to the Tavern, quite sad about your recent failures when you suddenly hear about a lightly guarded Dwavern Caravan headed hear with gems and precious metals on board.  They're planning on trading them for the plentiful food supply available here.  Suddenly you start thinking about ways to profit from this.  All you should need is a few bandits on your side to distract the dwarves.

((YEY, you didn't roll a [1] :D))

Quote from: IronyOwl
Attempt to convince the "King" to aid me in my conquest, as the kings of yore did before him.

Also check if the loon has any actual mooks.

[5] "Very good.  Yes, you might be able to assist me in reclaiming my throne.  Lead the way Baron Makavai, to conquest!"  says the "King" quite spiritedly. 

[1]  You expect a crazy to have any real followers?  He does have a pretty good collection of skulls going on right now however.  According to him they are skulls he picked up while hunting in the wilds.

Enemy Actions

Bandit Leader:  [4]  The Bandit Leader, seeing he has no chance starts to run away.  Not only that he gets a fair distance away.

Enemy Status

Bandit Leader:
Health:  2

Bandit 2:  *dead*

Bandit 3:  *dead*

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Riccto (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: KaguroDraven (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: adwarf (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 23, 2011, 08:45:53 am »

Tekrushar kept walking, thinking over the plan in his head. It had to be simple; the dog-men probably didn't have the intelligence for to plan much. I'll send the thieves in first to retrieve whatever armor and weapons they can, then we'll attack en masse. Easy enough. With their weapons on our side it shouldn't be overly difficult.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 23, 2011, 10:41:14 am »

Eye-twitch of doom at their incomptitance. Think 'fuck it, thrice damned mortals, once I get my powers I won't even bother getting these ones sick, let them starve to death!'. Stand up and dust myself off. "Very well, I suppose I must handle it myself." Sneak out and attempt to find innocents and feed upon their souls without being seen.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 23, 2011, 10:59:22 am »

Explore the nearby trade routes for some Bandits and convince them to join me.

The RNG decided to spread my good rolls from other RTD's to this one.
Raggle Fraggle

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 23, 2011, 12:47:10 pm »

Tarran changed back to human form, swinging violently from one side to another. He then stabilized himself and tried to get to town.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 23, 2011, 01:00:33 pm »

"Since we need more weapons I am going to teach 5 of you to be blacksmiths. The rest of you will go gathrr anything that might be of use for our cause." said Hellbringer as he gathered up 5 of his men to make blacksmiths. The rest would go get supplies, weapons, armor, money, and other such useful items.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 23, 2011, 03:21:08 pm »

Lead John to Village #3 and meet up with Claire and followers. Attempt to figure out what skills said followers have, what the village might have to offer, or any other relevant information concerning the immediate area.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Doom, Turn 8: Good evening officer, may I dine on your soul please?
« Reply #132 on: June 24, 2011, 09:29:25 pm »

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
Tekrushar kept walking, thinking over the plan in his head. It had to be simple; the dog-men probably didn't have the intelligence for to plan much. I'll send the thieves in first to retrieve whatever armor and weapons they can, then we'll attack en masse. Easy enough. With their weapons on our side it shouldn't be overly difficult.

[1]  Your dog-men get thirsty and stop at a near-by oasis.  The snake-men slip away but your dog-men aren't going to die of thirst now, which is probably good.  [5]  You can just barely see the snake-man village on the horizon.  If you wait until night this would probably be a lot easier, or you can just rush in now.

Quote from: KaguroDraven
Eye-twitch of doom at their incomptitance. Think 'fuck it, thrice damned mortals, once I get my powers I won't even bother getting these ones sick, let them starve to death!'. Stand up and dust myself off. "Very well, I suppose I must handle it myself." Sneak out and attempt to find innocents and feed upon their souls without being seen.

[1]  Their incompetence, what are you talking about?  You take a step outside and run straight into the Captain of the Town Guard.  [2] Your followers suddenly pretend that you were holding them captive and were going to eat their souls.  Damn.

Quote from: Riccto
Explore the nearby trade routes for some Bandits and convince them to join me.

[3]  It doesn't take too long until you find a small collection of Bandits that aren't particularly well-armed but will make fine meat-shields.  [4] You tell them your plan, with a shrug they agree that they could use a large payday like that and agree to follow you, at least as long as there is money in the offering.

Quote from: Tarran
Tarran changed back to human form, swinging violently from one side to another. He then stabilized himself and tried to get to town.

[2]  You change back into your mortal form but you are a bit exhausted now.  You keep moving but don't exactly make much progress.  By the elder gods you are getting hungry.  ((Eating restores 1d10 health, unless it's wall meat, then it's full health.  ALL HAIL WALL MEAT!))

Quote from: adwarf
"Since we need more weapons I am going to teach 5 of you to be blacksmiths. The rest of you will go gathrr anything that might be of use for our cause." said Hellbringer as he gathered up 5 of his men to make blacksmiths. The rest would go get supplies, weapons, armor, money, and other such useful items.

[2-1(no equipment)=1]  They stare at you with vapid expressions as you try to teach them about the wonders of smithcraft.  "Desu?" [5] At least the other fifteen are more competent and manage to collect some food and water, and a little bit of additional money.

((3 days worth of food and water, 5 gold coins))

Quote from: IronyOwl
Lead John to Village #3 and meet up with Claire and followers. Attempt to figure out what skills said followers have, what the village might have to offer, or any other relevant information concerning the immediate area.

[6]  You and John "ride" off into the distant sunset.  By the time you reach the village you see the base surrounded by the Guards and Claire and her followers waiting.  "I was wondering if you were going to show up?  As you can see, we're at a bit of a loss for what to do right now,"  [4]  The followers are all vessels to be molded into what you want them to be (read:  have no skills).  Claire seems to be skilled at gathering followers and running an economy while, John... well he can smack things and take a lot of damage before he goes down.

Enemy Actions

Captain of the Guard:  [3] [3/2=1 damage]  The Captain of the guard thwacks you upside the head with his fist.  It would hurt a lot more if you were only a mere mortal, but luckily you happen to be a demon.  [4]  He also yells for the other guards to come quick as he found the demon from earlier.  At a guess have a minute until the rest of the guards show up.

Enemy Status

Captain of the Guard: 
Health:  5 of 5

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Riccto (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: KaguroDraven (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: adwarf (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile

Even bigger eye-twitch of doom. "Fuck it" Try to eat his soul, if that fails, pull my sword out of the cane and kill the human!
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Keep limping back to town. Then limp again. (both actions)
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20