Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Biggest wtf moment  (Read 56138 times)

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
Re: Biggest wtf moment
« Reply #120 on: December 19, 2011, 04:25:02 pm »

I had an adventurer today who I think spawned without an arm or something. I went to fight a night-creature (heavily wounded, as he had taken out 3 adventurers with full parties before-hand. I had paid close attention to the combat log, but in the middle of the fight, I went to put my spear away to free my hand to grapple, and I notice that he's holding both his shield and sword in the same hand and the other seems to be missing.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #121 on: December 19, 2011, 05:08:46 pm »

Run into abandoned fortress.

Pick up candy battle axe, gear up in candy plate.

Water somewhere melts.

Bye bye dwarf.

PijanySmok

• Bay Watcher
  • For mother Celestia, THIS IS PONYVILLE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 20, 2011, 09:58:05 am »

I had an adventurer today who I think spawned without an arm or something. I went to fight a night-creature (heavily wounded, as he had taken out 3 adventurers with full parties before-hand. I had paid close attention to the combat log, but in the middle of the fight, I went to put my spear away to free my hand to grapple, and I notice that he's holding both his shield and sword in the same hand and the other seems to be missing.

Owned

@my wtf moment now:
Killed lots of minotaurs and giants, but killed by single goblin.
Why my pic doesn't work?

Check me or pm me there if you want something:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmokNiszczyciel

To all ponies: let's take control over the world!

Leif

• Bay Watcher
  • Octopi
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 21, 2011, 06:30:44 pm »

I dont know what happened in world-gen, But there where 3 shrines right next to eachother. Along with several bandit camps.I thought I could take the beasts one at a time until..... 3 Bronze colussi and uncountable amounts of bandits engange in a battle that the bards will sing about for the next hundred generations. I walk out of this battle with a few scars and 13 more notable kills including two bronze colussi. On the way back to a fortress an elf ambushed me. Bastard shot me in the throat. I made him suffer before I bled to death.
Indeed.

the woods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 01, 2012, 04:45:25 pm »

This was a weird one from 40d:
I decided to mess with all the world gen parameters at random. So I look at the map, cold world, all ice and tundra except for little islands of warmer areas, and of course the mountains. So I roll up an adventurer in a human civ in an interesting area.
"You dodge the jet of steam."
I'm like what!? Why is everything on fire?!? Turns out, when DF says it's burning it means literally. With further exploration I found places where one tile would be burning hot, and the next deathly cold. Most environmental deaths I've ever had.

I'm getting some weird tricorder readings...

I passed out from exhaustion after throwing a turkey around. That turkey pecked at my head for 3 days while I faded in and out of consciousness. I eventually bled out.

I've never seen a turkey get tired or exerted. They would be good for pulling chariots.

InfiniVide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 03, 2012, 03:52:09 pm »

Been playing as a human adventurer and doing quests for a lord.  I asked for permission to stay the night and slept.  I woke up outside the fortress and went back inside.  Found limbs strewn across the building and the lord's corpse on the ground.  An alligator had somehow come into the fortress during the night.

That must've been some party.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 04, 2012, 04:00:52 pm »

My biggest what the fuck moment was grabbing a bronze colossus and throwing it(on a massively overpowered char) wondering where it went, taking one step away, then it landing behind me and kicking me into a tree.

apparently i somehow threw a bronze colossus one Z level. i also survived that incident with *only* 12 broken bones and massive bleeding.

Chinese Immigrants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 05, 2012, 08:00:37 pm »

I just killed a Hill Titan made of Black Pyrope with no real problems, looted his shrine, and then decided to take one of his severed toes with me as a trophy. Apparently he was a REALLY HOT titan, even though my Pikeman buddy was fine after being carried a long ways by the titan in his armpit. Anyway, I picked up his toe, and all of my toes started melting. I didn't think it was such a big deal since it was just my toes, and I had recently gotten all my foot fat melted off by a dragon and I came out fine. I dropped it and started waiting. Bled to death. You will be missed, Isa Talkedtoasts. :(

Leif

• Bay Watcher
  • Octopi
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 05, 2012, 08:07:51 pm »

I suppose the time when the world fell from beneath my feet would count......
Indeed.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #129 on: January 05, 2012, 08:22:12 pm »

My biggest what the fuck moment was grabbing a bronze colossus and throwing it(on a massively overpowered char) wondering where it went, taking one step away, then it landing behind me and kicking me into a tree.

apparently i somehow threw a bronze colossus one Z level. i also survived that incident with *only* 12 broken bones and massive bleeding.

Maybe you threw it into exactly one orbit of the world.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 10, 2012, 07:20:48 pm »

*whistles*
wait, what? I suffocated?

a yak bull gored me in the chest, puncturing my lung, and I never noticed.
So how did you know that was what caused you to suffocate if you never noticed?  ???
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 10, 2012, 07:22:53 pm »

*whistles*
wait, what? I suffocated?

a yak bull gored me in the chest, puncturing my lung, and I never noticed.
So how did you know that was what caused you to suffocate if you never noticed?  ???

You can still do a few things immediately after you die, including (I think) checking the combat log. 
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

spiderik

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 19, 2012, 02:13:48 pm »

You stab The Troll in the upper body with your copper spear, tearing the fat!
The Troll misses You!
The Troll gives in to pain.
The Troll falls over.
You grab The Troll by the right hand with your right hand!
You lock The Troll's right wrist with Your right hand!
You bend The Troll's right hand with Your right hand, shattering the right wrist's bone!
A ligament in the right wrist has been torn and a tendon has been torn!
You release the joint lock of Your right hand on The Troll's right hand.
You pinch The Troll's right hand with Your right hand, tearing apart the muscle and bruising the bone!
An artery has been opened by the attack, many nerves have been severed, a ligament has been torn and a tendon has been torn!
You release the grip of Your right hand on The Troll's right hand.
You grab The Troll by the left hand with your right hand!
You can't rest because you are swimming.
You lock The Troll's left wrist with Your right hand!
The Troll regains consciousness.
You bend The Troll's left hand with Your right hand, tearing apart the left wrist's muscle and bruising the bone!
A ligament in the left wrist has been torn and a tendon has been torn!
The Troll gives in to pain.
You release the joint lock of Your right hand on The Troll's left hand.
You pinch The Troll's left hand with Your right hand, tearing apart the muscle and bruising the bone!
An artery has been opened by the attack, many nerves have been severed, a ligament has been torn and a tendon has been torn!
You have been encased in ice.

WTF!!!!

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 22, 2012, 02:14:05 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

and your complaining? you should wear that post like a badge of honor. too bad the print on the badge would be too small to read...

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 22, 2012, 03:16:39 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The temperature is based on the time of day. In a lot of temperate regions or colder, the water spontaneously turns solid en masse when it becomes night in adventure mode. As you may have noticed, this causes instant, unavoidable death to every living thing in the water.

Incidentally, this includes all the large fish. ::) Makes one wonder why they live there.
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12