Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Roll to Die, Die to Win - Extreme Turnover Edition - WE HAS A WINNER  (Read 8537 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Die, Die to Win - Extreme Turnover Edition
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2011, 11:25:07 pm »

I assume we continue until only one is left so

Sit in the chair, and try to fir the box underneath it to help make it a floatation device. Then head in on direction as fast, adn as far as possibel while looking for sharks to wrestle.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Die, Die to Win - Extreme Turnover Edition - WE HAS A WINNER
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2011, 11:25:39 pm »

Choo awakes in the original room. The shelves are empty except for two opened metal boxes. There is no one else around

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2011, 11:25:46 pm »

Screw working, attempt to alter reality so I can pick up that claymore and then go kill the rhino to try it out! If I still can't take the sword then I guess I'll go explore a bit.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2011, 11:27:44 pm »

Roar a challenge to the entire jungle!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2011, 11:38:17 pm »

Wear a box as a helmet!

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2011, 11:47:42 pm »

Jump on it and try to hammer nails into it's eyes, or something that looks soft and fleshy if it lacks eyes. If I fail to jump on it then try to get around it to do the same thing.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

BowlSoldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't **** with the Great Long Axe.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2011, 02:23:08 am »

VICTORY!

Interesting how I ended up dead first when I was in what looked like a considerably less dangerous place than everyone else. No rhinos or killer robots or anything.

Well at least now I know never to trust the cacti.
Campaigning for wheelchair rights for legless adventurers since 1995.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2011, 10:47:24 am »

A dwarf tries to sit in the chair, and tries to fir the box underneath it to help make it a floatation device, and then head in one direction as fast, and as far as possible while looking for sharks to wrestle.. [6]
He quickly fastens his box and chair into a primitive boat. The ship is bearing down on him, however, and he knows he needs to get out of the way, so with a flurry of concussive punches he propels himself across the ocean looking for sharks to wrestle!
A dwarf has leveled up his Shock Wave Strike ability, gaining Shock Wave Flurry! He can no launch shockwave strikes in rapid succession! Useful for taking out hordes of enemies, doubles as a boat motor apparently!
He looks for a shark to wrestle [1], but find yourself completely and absolutely alone in the ocean. It appears to be totally devoid of life, with the exception of the ship that has now disappeared into the distance. You are also very lost, though you've seen nothing of note to be lost in comparison too, so that doesn't mean much.
A dwarf HAS SURVIVED FOR THREE TURNS
A dwarf HAS SURVIVED TWO ROLLS

Derm roars a challenge to the entire jungle! [5]
Both Derm's let lose all the power contained in their lungs. The jungle is thoroughly intimidated - it is quiet except for the occasional sound of an animal fleeing before his potential wrath.
DERM HAS SURVIVED FOR FOUR TURNS
DERM HAS SURVIVED FIVE ROLLS
DERM HAS TWO LIVES

SC attempts to screw working, and attempts to alter reality so he can pick up that claymore and then go kill the rhino to try it out! If he still can't take the sword then he guesses I'll go explore a bit. [1]
His attempt to alter reality succeeds admirably. The claymore is now about the size of a toothpick, and he easily pick it up. Unfortunately, he fumbles it while preparing to wield it in his fight against the rhino, pricking himself in the finger and dropping it in the tall grass. SC has misplaced the claymore.
[2] Also there is a lion he still have not noticed, or did not notice until it was biting at his calf. Kind of sucks to be him right now. Luckily, it's attack [1] is only a glancing blow, drawing a bit of blood but leaving him otherwise fit to run or fight. SC takes 1 damage from a claymore prick, and 1 from a brutal lion attack.
SC HAS SURVIVED FOR FOUR TURNS
SC HAS SURVIVED SEVEN ROLLS
SC HAS 8 LIFE REMAINING

Choo attempts to wear a box as a helmet! [1]
He fails miserably, managing to clonk himself in the head and knock himself out instead. Choo takes 3 damage from the attempt, and is now unconcious. He will automatically attempt to regain consciousness every turn, but will not succeed until he rolls a four or higher.
CHOO HAS SURVIVED FOR ONE TURNS
CHOO HAS 7 LIFE REMAINING
CHOO IS UNCONSCIOUS

Kaguro attempts to jump on it and try to hammer nails into it's eyes, or something that looks soft and fleshy if it lacks eyes. If he fail to jump on it then try to get around it to do the same thing.
[5] You jump onto the creatures back before it can strike you, and begin to hammer nails into. [4] The creature roars in pain, and struggles to reach you with its weapons. [3] Unfortunately, you are just out of reach, and it seems completely unable to do anything to you. Your attacks [3], unfortunately, do not seem to be doing enough damage to bring the Ripper down, no matter how many nails you sink into it's fleshy bits. You DO [5] manage to destroy it's laserbarb launching eyes though. It may also be blinded, though you aren't sure if the organs actually served both purposes.
KAGURO HAS SURVIVED FOR FOUR TURNS
KAGURO HAS SURVIVED TEN ROLLS
KAGURO HAS 7 LIFE REMAINING

What do you do?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 11:26:18 am by GlyphGryph »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2011, 10:50:44 am »

Ninja to the top of the tallest tree to see what there is to conquest.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 10:56:55 am by dermonster »
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2011, 10:56:31 am »

FOLLOW THAT SHIP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2011, 11:04:32 am »

Right hand > Lion's head, gouge eyes, rip out eye teeth, gouge cheeks. Left hand > Lion's throat, place stranglehold, choke. Repeat until the lion is dead... then use its corpse as a bludgeon on the rhino. Like a boss dwarf.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 11:20:06 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2011, 11:17:39 am »

Choo has actually only survived for one turn.
Have a good dream

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2011, 01:55:56 pm »

Hit it's head as hard as possible, repeatedly.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2011, 10:26:19 pm »

Hey guys, been really busy so no updates, but I got kind of an interesting idea, and was wondering if anyone would be interested:

Rolling to die, the person who dies is gamemaster until the next person dies? Might be fun? I don't know, just throwing it out there.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2011, 10:27:26 pm »

Nope.

(I do not want to be a GM)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4