Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Roll to Die, Die to Win - Extreme Turnover Edition - WE HAS A WINNER  (Read 8534 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Die, Die to Win - Extreme Turnover Edition
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2011, 07:25:47 pm »

Unlock the metal boxes.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2011, 07:25:59 pm »

Practice with the claymore, then go find a few bandits to slay with it. Blood must be spilled!
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

BowlSoldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't **** with the Great Long Axe.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2011, 07:29:21 pm »

Grab the woodsaw form inside the room, then try to squeeze out of the hole and set off to cut down some of the straggly-looking plants. Time for some industry!
Campaigning for wheelchair rights for legless adventurers since 1995.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2011, 07:42:30 pm »

Explore
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2011, 07:53:37 pm »

Join waitlist with Hexagon.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2011, 07:55:25 pm »

Derm attempts to start a fire. He gathers up some wood, but everything here is pretty moist, and he's honestly got no idea how to get started. [2]As he ponders the situation, the sounds around him suddenly get very quiet.
DEM HAS SURVIVED FOR TWO TURNS
DEM HAS SURVIVED ONE ROLL

A dwarf tries to unlock the metal boxes. [5] He finds a key hidden under the bottom shelf, and opens them up. [2] Most of the boxes are empty, but one contains [1] a swarm of hornets, who launch themselves from the box into his face and begin stinging. A dwarf tries to swat at them, backing away [6]. Their stings enrage him so much that he punches the swarm so hard it explodes. The room is now full of dead hornets.
A dwarf has unlocked the ability Shock Wave Strike! You can punch the air so hard it sends out a damaging shockwave to destroy your enemies!
A dwarf HAS SURVIVED FOR ONE TURN
A dwarf HAS SURVIVED SIX ROLLS

SC attempts to practice with the claymore, then go find a few bandits to slay with it. "Blood must be spilled!" he yells!
He grabs the claymore[2], but finds it is too heavy for him to lift. He is dejected by his pitiful show of strength.
SC HAS SURVIVED FOR TWO TURNS
SC HAS SURVIVED TWO ROLLS

Bowl attempts to grab the woodsaw form inside the room, then try to squeeze out of the hole and set off to cut down some of the straggly-looking plants. Time for some industry!
Unfortunately, the woodsaw is gone and in its place seems to be a horde of angry hornets and a surprised looking a dwarf. Figuring he might as well try his look anyways, he attempts to squeeze through the hole. [6] Finding himself unable to get through at first, eventually the hole seems to widen as he redoubles his efforts, and he slithers through successfully.
Bowl has unlocked the ability Shape of a Snake! You will turn into a giant snake in situations that call for it.
BOWL HAS SURVIVED FOR TWO TURNS
BOWL HAS SURVIVED TWO ROLLS

Kaguro attempts to explore[6], but not physically. Instead, he sends his mind out along the paths and roads of the city, mapping it thoroughly with his burgeoning psychic powers. He listens to the chatter of the cities inhabitants, hiding in their homes from the creatures that prowl the night. He visits the strange holographic man on a nearby corner, who happily chatters some message he cannot hear over and over again to the empty air. He visits the unnerving mechanical carnival that thrills those visitors brave enough to experience its delights, and he identifies the location of the Rippers, the abominations of flesh and steel that prey upon the unwary. There are many interesting places and people in this city, yes... [2] And unfortunately, there appears to be a Ripper on the brightly lit street just outside, following his scent and homing in on his position.
Kaguro's eyes snap open, and he returns to reality.
Kaguro has unlocked the ability Telepathic Awareness! You can send your mind out among the pathways of reality to explore without needing to go anywhere - it does take time and concentration, however, and you cannot hear or smell, and you can only see that at which you choose to look.
KAGURO HAS SURVIVED FOR TWO TURNS
KAGURO HAS SURVIVED TWO ROLLS

What do you do?

IronyOwl has been waitlisted.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2011, 07:56:58 pm »

Grab anything I can use, and run otu one of the doors that no one has entered

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2011, 08:02:44 pm »

Do push-ups until I can lift the claymore. I'm not leaving it behind!
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2011, 08:07:23 pm »

Smack it on the nose with the hammer to distract it with pain then run away establish dominance!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 08:12:40 pm by KaguroDraven »
Because I can"-WolfTengu

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2011, 08:08:49 pm »

Smack it on the nose with the hammer to distract it with pain then run away establish dominance!
Fixed it for ya.

BowlSoldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't **** with the Great Long Axe.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2011, 08:10:15 pm »

Take a look at the straggly-looking plants, see if anything useful can be removed or extracted.
Campaigning for wheelchair rights for legless adventurers since 1995.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2011, 08:13:03 pm »

Fixed it for ya.
Fixed what? It's always been like that.
Because I can"-WolfTengu

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2011, 08:19:13 pm »

"Abomination-hearst"...

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2011, 08:19:26 pm »

Investigate silence!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2011, 11:21:17 pm »

A dwarf tries to "grab anything he can use" and then runs out the "~" door. [5]
He fills one of the boxes with the dead hornets, closes it back up and takes it and the key with him, grabbing the chair from the corner on his way. He then throws open the door and hurries out.
A dwarf is now underwater and in darkness![4]+2=6
Luckily, the chair and mostly empty box are buoyant, and quickly float him to the surface where he gasps for breath. He finds himself in a large and featureless ocean - featureless, that is, except for the crash of waves, the fluffy white clouds, and the enormous ship, sails billowing, that's about to run him over.
A dwarf HAS SURVIVED FOR TWO TURNS
A dwarf HAS SURVIVED EIGHT ROLLS

Derm attempts investigate the silence!
[6] He succeeds amazingly. He leaps into the trees, racing along on a jolt of adrenaline, utterly silent himself, until he hangs, grinning, over the foolish jungle cat.
Dem has gained the ability Mega-Ninja.
He quickly swings down, attacking the creature[6]. He drops down on to the creatures back, his hands glowing with energy, as he infuses it with chaos to the point where it becomes a mere extension of his will. The creature becomes infused with unholy energy[4], increasing in power in addition to coming under Derm's command. He dismounts, and looks at himself through the new pair of eyes.
Derm has gained the ability Derm Infusion
DERM HAS SURVIVED FOR THREE TURNS
DERM HAS SURVIVED FOUR ROLLS
DERM HAS GAINED AN EXTRA LIFE

SC attempts to do push-ups until he can lift the claymore. After all, he's not leaving it behind!
[4]He works out a little bit. He feels stronger, but unfortunately the claymore is still to heavy for him to lift. He sees a rhino lazing about in the distance. [2] He does not see anything moving through the tall grass behind him, however.
SC HAS SURVIVED FOR THREE TURNS
SC HAS SURVIVED FOUR ROLLS

Bowl attempts to take a look at the straggly-looking plants, to see if anything useful can be removed or extracted.
You examine one of the plants. It looks like you can extract some delicious nutrients from it! [1] After devouring the plant, you realize it is interacting quite adversely with your snake metabolism. The poison [6] quickly spreads throughout your body, crippling your ability to shapeshift and dealing [6]+[4] points of damage. 0_0
BOWL HAS BEEN KILLED ON HIS THIRD TURN!
BOWL SURVIVED FOUR ROLLS
WE HAVE A NEW RECORD!

Kaguro attempts to smack it on the nose with the hammer to establish dominance!
[3] He swings the hammers against what he believes to be the Ripper's nose. The attack draws blood, but the Ripper does not recognize your dominance. Instead, it roars at you and fires[5] barbed laser spikes from its eyes at you. You [4] barely avoid the brunt of the attack, but a few lodged themselves in one of your arms. You take [3] damage!
The creatures skin across its wrists splits, and two enormous blades push themselves out. It prepares to live up to its name.
KAGURO HAS SURVIVED FOR THREE TURNS
KAGURO HAS SURVIVED FIVE ROLLS
KAGURO HAS 7 LIFE REMAINING

What do you do?

A note for those in the future, if you want a bit more control, make sure to mention what you will do if, say, a or b happens as a result of your command, so I can do that. As is, in absence of direction I will simply attempt to come up with something appropriate for your roll and shape.

Also,
WE HAVE A WINNER!
Congratulations to Bowl for the quickest win I've ever seen in this game, for a series of amazingly unlucky rolls! (A 1 player roll, followed by 2 opposing 6s)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4