Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: What's your biggest migration wave number?  (Read 8849 times)

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
What's your biggest migration wave number?
« on: June 14, 2011, 01:46:45 pm »

I had recently just beat my record of 17 migrants with a record of 31 dwarves, I just have to check their military skills and so I can put them in my army. :D
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

ETV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's your biggest migration wave number?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 02:09:41 pm »

I usually end up with around 15-20 Immigrants on the first or second waves, as I tend to both smooth and engrave large areas, as well as mine out almost and entire z-level, in some cases, it's pretty much an entire z-level for stones to construct massive outside structures.

Being as my main form of defence is corridors of traps I like to start constructing those corridors ASAP (it is easier to do it inside, but that'd be too easy.
Hello.

Lav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 03:25:58 pm »

I think my largest immigration wave was a few dwarves short of 40. 37 or 38, not sure on the exact number but my fortress population was instantly doubled and grew to 78-79 dwarves.
Seems to be the way with things on this forum; if an invention doesn't involve death by magma then you know someone's going to go out of their way to make sure it does involve death by magma... then it gets acknowledged as being a great invention.

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 01:05:20 pm »

urgh...

I really hate how big migration waves are right now.  I just made a fort where I was trying to let them all die, but immigrants outpaced the various beasties killing them. 

My migration waves are almost always 15-25, but I really preferred the 3-7 of an average 40d fort.  It made you actually look forward to and want migrants.  If there was some way of changing the number of migrants I would tone it down, but as it is I usually just play with migration turned off to avoid headaches. 
where is up?

MiniMacker

• Bay Watcher
  • Side-effects include nausia, tantrum and insanity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 08:29:02 am »

Ach. There are so many of them. They serve no purpose other than to build and haul.
I... I can't... Magma them... I don't have the heart for it.

*Sniff*

Wait, why do they empty my entire Drinks storage, despite not even being Thirsty?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It isn't a new Dwarf Fortress version until we're made to fear some kind of regular creature.  Carp, Elephants, Unicorns, Badgers, and now Mosquitos.  I've got 5 dorfBucks on the next one being plagues of groundhogs.

Tapeworm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 02:28:07 pm »

Wait, why do they empty my entire Drinks storage, despite not even being Thirsty?
If a dwarf shows up as Thirsty, it means that they're so parched, they can't work as well as normal. So, they usually have a drink before that happens.

Myself, the most I've gotten is 25 at a time, two seasons in a row; I inevitably have neither enough beds or work for them.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 02:37:27 pm »

I think I got like 50 in one wave once or somewhere around there. Crazy shit.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 02:39:04 pm »

I make them work for their food. Most of them get farming added to their labors.
That, or get drafted.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 02:43:14 pm »

Biggest so far.
26 showed up in a fortress that had only 22 in total before this.

Smallest
1 a baby no parent guards or relations just the 1 baby (perhaps the goblins decided to throw him back)
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 07:24:24 pm »

21. In my first wave. I had finally finished engraving everyone's rooms...Then suddenly, lots of people enter my fortress. And drink my booze! Useless leeches...
Quote from: narhiril
Quote from: Putnam
Yes, they do not need booze, they can work entirely off of water.
Freaks.
Quote from: Kaplahworm
Quote from: Garath
I'm pretty sure he'd move diagonally if he could.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.
Quote from: Jake
I therefore wish rectal cancer on your senior management.

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2011, 10:27:05 pm »

I have been getting strangely many migrants lately.  Especially unusual considering my fortress' are always practically worthless during the first two migrant waves.  Lately the first wave has been modest...maybe ten dwarves...the second twenty or thirty...

My fortress' take awhile to gain anything remotely resembling value because I like to build above ground.  It sometimes takes two or three seasons for the dwarves to gather enough plant seeds to produce food.  On the bright side, this produces a lot of the carpenters and masons I tend to need to quickly build things above ground.  Although it is a little strange seeing my first legendary being the plant gatherer.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2011, 03:30:00 am »

My biggest was 28.

My recent fort was odd. 3 seasons in a row:

"A migrant has arrived".

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2011, 03:37:14 am »

Probably 50.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Mobotium

• Bay Watcher
  • I dont know who you are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2011, 06:26:21 am »

I mainly get some 15-25 each wave. Mostly because I build above ground fortresses and it always ends up stupidely overpriced ( I usualy get over 4.000.000 in arquitecture alone with a modest-sized castle made of useless stone (with a golden throne room at the top, ofcourse)
Yes he is... So the countess will never bread?
If she doesnt bread, let her cake.

pierrlot

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2012, 10:43:52 am »

Hi everybody !

I'm a new player of DF, and I allready have a lot of fun. I update this topik for a simple question :
In my fortress, I always get soon or late an immigration wave of more than 40 dwarf, meening population mutiplied by 2, and a little difficult to handel.
For example, in my actual game, I had a first wave of 5 dwarfs, a second with 7 dwarf, and the third with 41 dwarfs ! The latest was about 25 dwarfs... Now i'm running low on food and drink, but I'm really sure this will be fun !

Did you allready have such a big wave ? I play with the latest Lazzy Newbies Pack.

Thanks for your answers, and sorry for the writing errors, I don't speek very good english.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4