Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58

Author Topic: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 51  (Read 86694 times)

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 50
« Reply #840 on: December 24, 2012, 01:41:15 pm »

Waitlist please!

Name: Erusiah
Appearance: Human, 25, approximately six feet tall. Rather slim, but athletic build, pale skin, black hair, and blue eyes.
Background: Former Regime Operative
Starting Implant: Focus Improvement Package
History: Erusiah was born on a far away planet, built upon peace and justice. On this planet, every child is tested at the ages of 12,14,16,18,19,20, and 22 for any "disagreeable" personality traits. After being tested and diagnosed with Dissocial Personality Disorder/Antisocial Personality Disorder at the age of 19. She was taken in the night by the government, placed on a small ship and launched into space alone. She crashed on ((Is there a name for this planet?)) a far away planet where she was adopted/taken in her unconsciousness by a member of the regime, three years later, she decided to join the regime as an operative until it's downfall.

Code: (CASE: 18434861) [Select]

--------------------------------------------------------------------BEGIN LISTING--------------------------------------------------------------------
Theft ------- 23 Counts
Possession ------- 15 Counts
Assault ------- 9 Counts
Arson ------- 3 Counts
Murder ------- 1 Case Pending
Done.
--------------------------------------------------------------------END LISTING--------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------BEGIN SYMPTOMS--------------------------------------------------------------------
-Persistent Irritability
-Callous unconcern for the feelings of others
-Reckless disregard for safety of self or others
-Irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults
-Incapacity to experience guilt or to profit from experience, particularly punishment
-Incapacity to maintain enduring relationships, though having no difficulty in establishing them
-Very low tolerance to frustration and a low threshold for discharge of aggression, including violence
-Deception, as indicated by repeatedly lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure
-Lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another
-Markedly prone to blame others or to offer plausible rationalizations for the behavior that has brought the person into conflict with society
Done.
--------------------------------------------------------------------END SYMPTOMS--------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------BEGIN DIAGNOSIS--------------------------------------------------------------------
-Antisocial Personality Disorder
-Dissocial Personality Disorder
-Depression - Major
-Bipolar Disorder
Done.
--------------------------------------------------------------------END DIAGNOSIS--------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------IMMEDIATE ACTION--------------------------------------------------------------------
Terminate.
--------------------------------------------------------------------END REPORT--------------------------------------------------------------------
Done.

--------------------------------------------------------------------CASE--------------------------------------------------------------------
CLOSED.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 07:13:59 pm by Urist McBeanie »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: December 24, 2012, 01:52:49 pm »

Added, welcome aboard. And no, there's no name for the planet. I... don't know why.

Everyone else - I've written part of the update, buuuuuut Christmas stuff, gets in the way. I'll see you lot after the 26th, happy holidays!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: December 27, 2012, 02:11:57 pm »

Akhain Gazhorn
Take myself a stroll, going around the area where the villa is located. Try to survey the area, see if there are any defenses/traps that could be taken care of in advance, or merely note them down. Basically, more intel gathering while being stealthy.

[1] - Akhain marks the villa's location down - just on the city outskirts - and calls a cab. While waiting he receives a message from Systar, attached with some bits of info on Boka Akhain hadn't found out himself. According to the other bounty hunter, Boka's security is lackluster - some cheap private security firm, ex-police at the most. A few inexperienced rent-a-cops are unlikely to trouble the pair much. Of course, he has little to no info on the digital defenses of the place and the quality of the security system.

The bounty hunter also includes a request for 'reimbursement' for acquiring forged ID - Akhain's not sure what that's about, presumably for access to one of Boka's famous parties. To keep up the illusion, either Akhain or Jinan's people should make the call and provide the cash, if needed.

Akhain walks out as the cab arrives - and is hit by volley of heavy armor-piercing Golgo rounds, the driver wrenching the controls away, his scream of surprise carrying through the cab walls. Akhain throws himself to the ground and the cab crashes into the wall nearby. Dragging himself back inside, Akhain looks around the corner to see the source of the fire, which continues booming through the district. Screaming and weak return fire begins to follow - this isn't the best of neighbourhoods, and practically everyone is armed.

[1] Akhain expects a solitary drugged-up ganger, but to his surprise sees a figure in heavy, state-of-the-art full-body armor, two large canisters - of gas? - strapped to his back. He sprays wildly with the Golgo HMG in his hands - probably not a professional. Akhain considers the possibilities. A poor neighbourhood is an odd choice for a terrorist attack. It could still be a ganger, but the armor he's wearing seems to be prototype Zuche tech - hardly the stuff they usually get their hands on. Regardless, it's an unwelcome delay with the job.

Spoiler: Talarion (click to show/hide)

Systar
Forward what I have on Boka, minus anything incriminating or regarding the Consul.   Also ask for a partial reimbursement on the cost of getting an ID from his superiors.  Don't mention the source or wanting the data.

Also buy a thermal blade and two grav traps.

[3] - Systar collects any information the intermediary doesn't already have into a convenient file and sends it over, making sure to keep anything even slightly suspicious off. Figuring his fancy ID would go under work expenses, he also asks 'Hurid' to request reimbursement from the purchase from his superiors. That's his job, after all.

He also uses his usual contacts to replenish his stash, purchasing equipment that's served him well so far. The Thermal Blade and Gravity Traps arrive soon with the funds deducted from his account.

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Gaosaron
Gao continued to fall back to the opening, taking shots at the thing's laser as he did so. If he could disable that, it was possible he would be safe inside.

[5] - Gaosaron fires as he moves, [Dodge:1] a lucky shot with his Widowmaker ripping across the construct's back. [Damage:37+12=49] The creature howls, pushed back by the force of the impacts. The laser [4] is hit, and erupts in sparks. Gao wouldn't be so sure it's completely destroyed, though. Regardless, he [6] rushes inside before the beast can attack, hammering the door controls on the inside. A thick metal plate slams shut, the ramp detaching. Gao hears the construct slam into the door soon after, but it can't get through. If Gao's in luck, the laser won't come back online anytime soon.

Gao looks around. The labship is a long rectangle, the main corridor going all the way into the cockpit. A spiral ladder on his right leads into what seems to be a floor full of tanks filled with a bluish liquid, surrounded by banks of equipment. He spots a few dead aliens still in the tanks. This appears to be where the aliens were bred before being unleashed on the station.

The AI's voice soon fills the air. 'Please remove my constraints as soon as possible. I will vent this bay and the aliens with it. We will be unharmed.'

[5] Gao can't help but to wonder how the AI intends to clear the station. Presumably by venting every single compartment, but the damages that would cause would be severe. Perhaps it would be best to evacuate the survivors and let Ratrik's employer send in a purging force later. And then there's man they left on the medical table - it may be best to contact Ratrik and find out how he's doing with the survivors.

Enemies

Spoiler: Doglike Construct (click to show/hide)

Allies

Spoiler: Tarur Ratrik (click to show/hide)

---

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)

Kaviv Otoli
>Lead the man to the bar I was heading for, inspect the place and then buy a drink for each of us. (Don't drink anything too strong, though, since I am going back to work sooner than expected, it seems.)

>Quiz him about this cop, ask what his sister looks like and where she might be being held, all that relevant information.

[1] - Kaviv tries to get the man to come with him, but he's drowned out by the frantic crowd. It pushes him forward and he loses sight of the man. With shouting and gesturing at his guns, Kaviv eventually manages to drive the crowd away - but as the people wander off, the youth is nowhere to be seen. Kaviv curses. Looks like he'll have to backtrack and find him again if he wants this job, or try to find out who the corrupt cop is on his own.

Spoiler: Yoink (click to show/hide)

Barauc
>Palm the revolver and get close enough to get a sneaky shot off, Hopefully drowned out by the roar of the crowd

[4] - Fumbling, Barauc takes a step back and pushes his hand inside his coat. He strides forward and then pulls the pistol out - there's no way anyone missed that, though - and fires. The high-power revolver booms through the arena, carrying above the howling crowd. [Dodge:5+1-1=5] But his hunter is faster, showing no fear or surprise, but rolling forward and [2+1=3] springing himself at Barauc. [Dodge:6-1=5] Barauc sidesteps and prepares to fire again, [3+1=4] but his opponent doesn't stop, turning his forward movement to the side and sending a heavy fist towards. [Dodge:1-1=1] This time, Barauc has no time to jump free. The fist smashes in just below his ribcage, [Damage:4+2=6] sending him stumbling back.

Barauc keeps his hold on the pistol, focusing his pain into wrath, and regains his balance. [3] He raises the pistol and fires again, the heavy blast drawing booing and screaming in equal amounts from the audience. [Dodge:6+1-1=6] His opponent moves like fluid again, being out of harm's way at unnatural speed. He smiles, reaching for his Thermal Blade.

In the corner of Barauc's eye, the two other combatants fight undeterred by the gunfire, [3+1=4]vs[5+1=6] the enemy pit fighter [Dodge:3-1=2] pummeling Barauc's teammate with rapid punches and kicks. [Damage:2][4+1=5][Dodge:1-1=1][Damage:5+2=7] Another attack, powered obviously by the man's implant, sends him staggering back. [1+1=2][3+1=4] He counters with a heavy punch, [Dodge:3+2=5] but the faster opponent slips away, [3+1=4][Dodge:3] and sends the brute reeling back with a solid kick on his feet. [Damage:3-2=1]

---
Enemies
Spoiler: Pit Fighter (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bounty Hunter (click to show/hide)

Allies
Spoiler: Tattooed Brute (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Riccto (click to show/hide)

Loria
Lower the gun, but don't drop it. Wait and listen as he makes the call. Be prepared to shoot if he makes the wrong move.

[4] - Mr. Gray seems satisfied, keeping his gun up as he moves inside. Loria and Teodosio follow. He closes the door to his bosses' office as he passes it - Loria momentarily smells burning flesh and has to fight against gagging - and walks over to a comms terminal at the end of the corridor instead. He motions Loria and the PI to stay at the other end of the corridor.

[6] The calls is picked up quickly enough. The call is audio only, and the pair can hear only fragments and Mr. Gray's side.

'Yeah, it fucking well is a tragedy.'

'...right, right. I just find it a little bit suspicious that you'd give my boss for free something that would then undergo an 'explosive malfunction', just like that. Uh-huh, sure it's a coincidence. You got anything to back that up?'

'...what do you mean by that, eh?'

'Damn right I'm angry. I want a fucking explanation, okay?'

It continues like this for a while, Mr. Gray getting steadily more angry. Eventually, there's a pause, and he begins shouting, getting off an impressive litany of swearing into the comms system. Then he bashes down the disconnect button and mouths yet something more obscene. He walks back up the corridor with a sneer.

'What the hell, right? We have rules, in this, in this fucking business. And then, then you get these stupid offworld pricks who turn up, kill your boss and then tell you to fuck off - just polite. I miss the times I didn't have to work with these bastards.'

He pauses his tirade and shakes his head. 'Okay, I still don't trust you. But I'm just saying... for a price, I think I could give you the keys to a guncutter out back and the location of the offworlder. You could wreak some nice havoc with that thing... big guns and everything. Totally outside the sort of business we do, but hey, I don't know what you'd do with it.'

[3] Loria glances into the private bay behind the office through the windows. There's what appears to be a makeshift gunship, a transport aircraft with a grenade launcher strapped to it, sitting in the hangar. Full frontal attack, especially this indiscriminately destructive, might not be the best of ideas with the results the pair want, though - and that is if they could afford it.

---

Spoiler: Theodolus (click to show/hide)

Kilksa
Look for some low end mercenary work, and browse the gear I can buy and what I already have

[3] - Kilksa fires up his computer and goes through minor merc offers going around. He discards long-term offers and focuses on single jobs.

First, a ganger boss called 'Three-Cogs' is looking for someone to eliminate the people sent after him, offering 5000¤ for the deaths of four agents of his rivals and a Republican investigator. He resides in the Industrial District, and he wants them dealt with cleanly and quietly.

A bunch of escaped convicts have holed up in the sewers under the Habiri District. The syndicate that used to work there is looking for help with clearing them out. A reward of 8000¤ is split between whoever survives. The staging area for the operation is topside in the District.

The third offer is from a rich industrialist who wants someone to hunt down several people in an abandoned junkyard, of all places, and filming everything. Looking around, Kilksa learns the man is known (or rumoured, as nothing has been proven) for hosting hunts for 'the most dangerous game', letting hired killers loose on kidnapped captives who try to escape in various locales. He's offering 10 000¤, with bonuses from undisclosed sources.

There's a variety of black market sources and smuggler depots Kilksa could purchase from. The wealth of different options means he would have to specify what he wanted to buy, from implants, to mission intel, or even straight-up hired mercs.

---
Spoiler: adwarf (click to show/hide)
---

I replaced your Incendiary Grenade with the Grav Traps, Toaster, but feel free to choose whatever configuration you want for your gear.

adwarf, your starting gear is at the Foreign Mercenary part of this post.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: December 27, 2012, 02:17:34 pm »

I replaced your Incendiary Grenade with the Grav Traps, Toaster, but feel free to choose whatever configuration you want for your gear.

That's fine- thought I had already chucked the I-nade into the stash anyway.

I've lost track of timing- how long do I have until the Boka party?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 51
« Reply #844 on: December 27, 2012, 02:20:50 pm »

(Isn't that dude escaping with Ratrik right now? I'm pretty sure we didn't leave him tied up.)

Gao decided to contact his partner first and see if he was somewhere where he would be safe - like Gao himself was - if the AI did choose to vent the ship. "Just a moment, AI. I need to check on my partner. Also, how are you going to clear the ship station? I want to know just in case it's dangerous to me."
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 02:32:30 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: December 27, 2012, 02:23:42 pm »

@Toaster: That, my friend, is a mystery for the ages.

That is, whenever you want, to an extent - you can't take all of eternity, but there's no rush. It's the same for the Consul's speech, though I think I actually gave that a definite date. It's the problem with not actually keeping track of days and whatnot. Also, my own memory is beginning to fail me so - did you actually receive your forged ID already?

I do suggest letting Akhain go check out the place first, as soon as he deals with this delay.

@Serious: Uhh. Good question. I'm pretty sure, yes, Ratrik did intend to retrieve him. I'm sure he'll know.

Also, not a ship. Space station. The AI's not going to vent the labship, just the landing bay it's in.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: December 27, 2012, 02:31:58 pm »

(I'll edit that word. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: December 27, 2012, 02:35:08 pm »

I think I was waiting for it to arrive.  Can I safely assume it's time to go fetch?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: December 27, 2012, 02:39:58 pm »

I think I was waiting for it to arrive.  Can I safely assume it's time to go fetch?

Sure. Want to pretend Calamien just sent a message to you that she's arrived and ready to meet at... say, the starport.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: December 27, 2012, 04:03:51 pm »

Systar checked his messages again after the equipment arrived, and saw a note that his ID was ready for pickup.  Well, at least one thing is going right- better go grab it.

Head to the spaceport to pick up his ID.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: December 31, 2012, 10:50:31 am »

I'm figuring I should probably start PMing everyone when I update. That seems like a sensible idea, doesn't it? Not noticing these updates is perfectly understandable, though.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: December 31, 2012, 02:31:17 pm »

Take the escaped convicts mission.

Gear
 - Zuche 4 Railgun
 - Thermal Blade
 - RUS10 Breaching Charge
 - Zuche 19 High Power Visor

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: December 31, 2012, 07:13:05 pm »

I've noticed but not having much time to do actual updates for the time being. I'll probably put something up on Wednesday or Thursday when I have a few minutes. Holidays... love em and hate em.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: December 31, 2012, 07:40:00 pm »

(I don't need PMs to keep up with it either, I just use the 'new replies' page. :P)

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: January 02, 2013, 10:40:02 am »

Loria looked at the 'guncutter'. More like a mobile death trap. She turned to Mr. Gray. "Tell you what, you give me the location of the offworlder and I'll figure out my own transportation."

Get the location of the offworlder and then thoroughly investigate the location (both via information publicly available and anything else we can dig up).

I want to find out everything I possibly can about the next place I'm going in to including blueprints and possible strength I may be encountering. I'm not planning to walk in to another apartment situation. Also, should my HP be at 35? I thought I had taken the time to heal up, but if not then I definitely need to be back up to full strength before throwing myself at more thugs.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58