Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 58

Author Topic: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 51  (Read 86711 times)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 47
« Reply #795 on: October 21, 2012, 08:41:00 pm »

"In any case, I hope that my presence here will make your job easier, and also reduce friction between the two parties we represent." Hurid smiled, in a way as smooth as he could manage, before continuing. "Should you have anything to request of me, then please ask. Also take note that our... interests here do go beyond merely 'a job', so I will be ensuring that it is carried out with the utmost of efficiency... Not meaning to debase your skills, of course, merely letting you know that I have been instructed to assist you, to the best of my own abilities." At this point, Hurid would holster his weapon. "Now, if you would excuse me for avoiding your statement for so long, I will be leaving now. I'll stay in touch, however."

After leaving and finding his own place to stay, Akhain would contact Jinan. +Not meaning to be rude, or anything, but what exactly are my goals and limits on this assignment? I apologise if this was stated before, I seem to have a habit of forgetting important information...+

((Sorry about taking so long. Also, I really have forgotten what I'm meant to be doing here D: so a refresher would be nice.))
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: October 21, 2012, 09:15:32 pm »

Systar glared at this Hurid fellow.  Figures those assholes would send him a babysitter.

"Yeah, well, don't just come in here again," he says as Hurid leaves.  "Also, tell your bosses I don't need a babysitter, okay?" he yells at Hurid's departing figure.

Assholes.

Now, what was he doing in here?

See what Hurid touched.  Also see if there is any information on him available.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: October 22, 2012, 08:47:32 am »

((Sorry about taking so long. Also, I really have forgotten what I'm meant to be doing here D: so a refresher would be nice.))

Hmm, didn't I already do a recap in the PM? But yeah, a more thorough one might be good for you.

Hurid, aka Akhain, has been sent by the humans he's working for now, to get into Systar's good graces in the identity of a Republic intermediary. Systar has been ordered, in exchange for a pardon, to infiltrate the mansion of the crime lord Boka yl Vsiri to steal his data. Systar's identity grafter associate also requested a copy. The humans also want yet one copy and/or the data destroyed, preferably before Systar gets his copies.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: October 23, 2012, 11:47:06 pm »

So it winds down to my choice of "Help him, lesser mission goal, OR Sabotage him, greater mission goal"?

Sounds fun. Either that or I'm misunderstanding, as I am wont to do with exams fast approaching >.>
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: October 24, 2012, 12:00:00 am »

Well, no, it's more like 'help him till the very last moment, then sabotage, preferably without him realizing.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: October 24, 2012, 05:26:08 am »

Lovely.

What more do you need?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: October 26, 2012, 07:57:30 am »

Err, just now noticed Riccto hasn't actually posted. I'll do the update up to him, anyway.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: October 26, 2012, 07:21:40 pm »

The Crunch of Bones! Oh how the Scorekeeper enjoys this. Baruc dashes in and attempts to hit him with a double handed blow to the temple in a attempt to break some more facial bones
Raggle Fraggle

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: October 27, 2012, 10:02:46 am »

Akhain Gazhorn and Systar
"In any case, I hope that my presence here will make your job easier, and also reduce friction between the two parties we represent." Hurid smiled, in a way as smooth as he could manage, before continuing. "Should you have anything to request of me, then please ask. Also take note that our... interests here do go beyond merely 'a job', so I will be ensuring that it is carried out with the utmost of efficiency... Not meaning to debase your skills, of course, merely letting you know that I have been instructed to assist you, to the best of my own abilities." At this point, Hurid would holster his weapon. "Now, if you would excuse me for avoiding your statement for so long, I will be leaving now. I'll stay in touch, however."

After leaving and finding his own place to stay, Akhain would contact Jinan. +Not meaning to be rude, or anything, but what exactly are my goals and limits on this assignment? I apologise if this was stated before, I seem to have a habit of forgetting important information...+

See what Hurid touched.  Also see if there is any information on him available.

[4] - The two men part with not-too-kind words. Systar watches 'Hurid' walk to the elevator and down before stepping away from the door. For his part, the disguised hunter waits until he's safely out of reach outside before contacting Jinan. She takes some time to answer.

+Of course. Try to aid Systar in infiltrating Boka's manor in any way you can. Once inside, get inside his vault, with or without Systar. His data should be inside - send us a copy or bring it to us. If needed, you can eliminate Systar to get him out of the way. We cannot allow the files inside to fall into the wrong hands.+

---

[5] Meanwhile, Systar studies his apartment for any signs of the intermediary tampering with his stuff. His computer has been used - this instantly raises alarms and Systar rushes to check what's been accessed last, [3] but the computer doesn't appear to save all the information about that. He can see Hurid has seen his fee from the comms terminal at the airport, but there's nothing to indicate who he was calling - though the Vantahin's grafts were related to the mission anyway - and stampeded through his email and job requests, but it's hard to tell if he's seen anything else.

[1] A quick search brings up various database profiles and reports related to Hurid yl Bassdrom. Systar can find nothing out of the usual in them. It looks like he's more of a paperpusher than anything else, but with considerable field experience, so hopefully if they have to work together he won't be totally useless. He was packing a lot of gear for this simple meeting. Perhaps he'd still expected trouble... interesting.

Spoiler: Talarion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Gaosaron
Gao reported the situation to the AI, then tried to sneak to one of the fighter ships. Maybe, if he was lucky, it had a self-destruct he could use to take out the hostiles in the area. Also, he made sure his shotgun was still equipped and fully loaded, just in case.

[5] - Gaosaron moves quietly over to the terminal and fires it up. He wonders for a moment how he's supposed to contact the AI but in a few moments the screen changes and text appears on the screen. A keyboard slides out - looks like the AI wants to maintain audio silence. Gao writes a quick summary of the situation and sets off down the stairs from the balcony overlooking the bay, keeping himself as low and silent as possibly. The first of the freighters conveniently masks his approach. Gao decides to see if he can use it somehow.

[3] He circles around the back of the freighter, looking for a way in. The cargo ramp is up and he can't find a way to open it - eventually, Gaosaron realizes he's just going to try the 'front doors' of the airlock, where the aliens can see him. [3] He tries to use stealth, sticking to the shadows and the crevices of the freighter hull as he moves, but it's in vain. The moment he sees the aliens, the construct sees him. Gao quickens his pace, hurrying towards the airlock, while the aliens attempt to make sense of the agitated construct.

[5] They finally spot Gao as well, but it's too late. He pulls himself up into the airlock, smashes the door activator, steps in and closes it behind him. Darkness falls, and a moment passes with Gao wondering if he just sentenced himself to a slow death - but then the scanner beeps green, reporting that his Guard Pass was accepted. The second door slides open as well.

Gao quickly checks that the freighter is empty before - hearing a pounding and something that sounds suspiciously like a laser at the airlock - heads into the cockpit to see what he can do. [3+1=4] The controls are very loosely locked, and the bounty hunter is fairly sure he could get them activated quickly enough. There's no self-destruction function as so, but Gao figures he could overload the ship reactor given enough time. Or, of course, crash the ship into the enemy and hope the labship wouldn't be wrecked beyond salvage. Or both - at the same time. [6] While the freighter itself doesn't carry weapons, it appears it was carrying highly volatile chemicals before being locked down. The containers are still in the cargo bay.

Allies

Spoiler: Tarur Ratrik (click to show/hide)

---

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)

Subject 971 and Kaviv Otoli
Action: Get healed up, then head back home to get a goods nights sleep, and hopefully meet up with Kaviv in the morning to meet the shopkeeper for payment.

If successful, look for the next job.

>Go catch some Z's. If sleeping is proving impossible, either pop a couple of sleeping pills or comfort eat- whichever works!

>Meet 971 tomorrow.

[4] - The pair of bounty hunters say their goodbyes and head back home. After fishing the remaining bullets out of their bodies and poking experimently at their wounds, they lay down and sleep all the day's troubles away. Kaviv struggles with his conscience for a moment, but eventually he's just more tired than bothered and falls asleep.

The next morning, they return to the shopkeeper. He meets them with the same glum expression, but is happy enough to pay the promised 8000¤. He relaxes further as he handles the money.

'The neighbourhood feels safer already,' he says. 'My sister called. Larro's safe and sound... more or less. He was very impressed by your assault. So impressed he's quit the gangs forever, or so he says.'

They exchange the remaining formalities and get on their way, splitting the reward money between them.

Back at his apartment, 971, never resting, goes to check the jobs available for him.

Number one has been forwarded to 971 from his friends in the government. An outer city police chief has requested help locating a serial killer on the loose on the outskirts. Tracking drones sent after him don't return or are otherwise stunned, and he continues to evade search patrols, sometimes committing his murders right beneath their gaze. Payment would have to be negotiated personally with the chief.

The second is the old one - a Republican Guard recruiter wants 971 to go through a combat simulation, for a few vids and images for the new PR campaign. Showing the hero of the revolution in action and all that. His department is offering 5000¤. 971 has technically accepted this mission already, and there's a new message reminding him of it.

The third is a strange one. Try as he might, 971 can't figure out the encrypted sender. He's requested to meet him or her at a park in the Old District to discuss a mission against the local branch of the Victory Corp merc outfit.

---

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Yoink (click to show/hide)

Barauc
The Crunch of Bones! Oh how the Scorekeeper enjoys this. Baruc dashes in and attempts to hit him with a double handed blow to the temple in a attempt to break some more facial bones

[3] - Barauc grins, feeling the approval of the crowd through their roars reveberating through his body. His opponent seems to realize he's outmatched, his posture dropping visibly. Barauc almost feels sorry for him before springing into attack.

[Dodge:3-1=2] He leaps inside the man's defense with a light step and brings his hands together for a [Damage:1] rapid blow at his opponent's temple. This stumbles right, [6+1=6] going for a hasty return blow that [Dodge:6] Barauc dodges with ease. He steps back to [5+1=6][Dodge:4] counter a kick from the pit fighter, letting it pass under his arm before snapping it shut. The heavy pit fighter struggles in his hold for a moment [4] before Barauc [Dodge:4-1=3] throws, sending him sprawling back down. The pit fighter moans in pain, [Damage:2-2=0] but more from his earlier wounds than this.

[5] The crowd-noise grows and grows, but suddenly Barauc can make out a distinct chant in it. Kill! Kill! Kill! it goes, and there's a clatter of metal as a weapon is thrown into the ring by the audience. [1] It lands straight before his opponent, [6] a simple combat knife - but anything is better than your fists.

---
Enemies

Spoiler: Pit Fighter (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Riccto (click to show/hide)

Loria
Loria knelt down next to the pale, little alien and took his head in her hands. Listen to me. If there's trouble in there you need to tell us, and you need to tell us now, because we're the only ones who can possibly help you. Her face hardened and her voice took on an intimidating tone. But if this is just a case of your boss trying to wave us off because he's too busy to meet with us, or he's banging a two-bit hooker... Well, let's just say that by letting me know in advance you'll save yourself a ton of pain.

Intimidate the alien in to giving us more information on why he's scared, and what's going on in the building that they so desperately want to keep us away.

[4] - Loria puts her palm under the alien's jaw, drawing him to eye-level with her. She puts enough steel into her voice to fell an army.

'Bu.. buh... you can't say things like that!' the alien exclaims, whimpering. Tears well in his eyes and his voice breaks. 'Mr. Tresun isn't... Mr. Tresun...'

'Mr. Tresun is dead!' he finally shouts, as dramatically as he can. With Loria momentarily stunned, he turns around and tries to make a run for it, [5] but Téodosio grabs him and pulls him back in.

'Dead?' he asks. 'How? What happened?

'Let me... I don't know! One minute he was fine and the other... b...boom. Mr. Gray s..said it was the augment overloading.'

[1] Another head peers out from the office, a human with a military look. He reaches inside his coat without a word when he sees Téodosio keeping hold of the secretary.

---

Spoiler: Theodolus (click to show/hide)

---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 48
« Reply #804 on: October 27, 2012, 01:36:02 pm »

Unless I luck out, this is probably it. Another fine predicament I've gotten myself into. Gao considered the engines; if he could somehow lure or at least check if the hostiles were in front of the exhaust, he could probably kill them that way. Perhaps there was another way off the ship - a venting system, maybe - that he could go through while they were occupied at the airlock. Or maybe he could just move the ship close enough to the lab ship that he could sprint from one to the other before he got shot.

That was probably his safest bet, and he put his plan into action.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: October 27, 2012, 03:41:07 pm »

Run and go for the low tackle and attempt to scoop up the knife. Stab?
Raggle Fraggle

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: October 29, 2012, 11:05:47 am »

Systar was sore, tired, and completely worn out.  He was concerned about this break-in and babysitter he had, but he simply didn't care right now.  He needed sleep.

Sleep off injuries.  Check the Consul data packet in the morning.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: October 29, 2012, 01:35:39 pm »

971 tapped away, sipping his morning caf.

He watched the news feed, only half interested in what it had to say.

...Celeb-u-brat Melson Cruise Neeson arrested for Drunken vehicular incident, supposedly heard saying 'Vantahin are responsible for all the wars in the universe'...
...12 Senators indicted by Justice department for ties to Criminal gangs 'More Arrests will be coming' says General Dalia yl Rochen in firey speech...
...Former Regime Commander Argodon Manifeso claims to want to write tell all book 'Secrets of the Black Baron' from prison...
...'971 stole my gravcar!' states mentally ill man arrested for  disorderly conduct and assaulting a peace officer...
...AugeanTech FlexiSpeed Aid under review by Medical board due to lawsuit-'I just couldn't stop dancing!' claims injured woman...
...Sebbhak architectural monument not damaged by nearby gang violence, thankful Curator reports...
...Mystery Dronedodger Serial Killer strikes again, Drone effectiveness questioned...
...Father Kosh confirmed eliminated...Cult members vow revenge on Government in holo-tape...
...Slain Mercenary in Government CSC building breakin remains unidentified, Heroic Republic Guard Barry White given commendation for taking down shooter, states 'I was just doing my job-protecting the Republic. I hesitate to call myself a hero, but...I am a hero..and single, ladies.'...
...Judge Tegarr returns to work after short time in hiding, victorious speech stating 'I will not rest until every criminal receives his due justice'...
...Noisy Firefight in Old District Factory leaves several dead, shooters remain at large, crazed, inebriated young woman states 'It was a little lizardman and a cute kebab vendor, I saw the whole thing!"...
...Fashuk il-Maldas shipped back home, for state funeral-'We will not forget his commitment to peace' Says Sikhet Fed president...
...Mystery Factory Predator found cruelly slain by Mercenaries possibly identified as Harkian Metaglampcruncher by animal rights group, one of the last of his kind 'The real Monster will pay for killing such a beautiful animal' says...
*Breaking news* Argodon Manifeso found dead in Prison, Victim of Lasershanking assault
*Breaking news* CSC Hero Barry White revealed as fraud, not even on work on the day in question, also married "No comment!' says Barry.

971 laughed a bit, clicking past.

What was the Victory Corp, anyway?

He sent a message back the mystery sender.

Whats the nature and scope of this job?

Action: Do some research on the victory Corp-the who and why would they be under a contract? Send the above message
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 02:18:30 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: October 29, 2012, 01:42:49 pm »

...Celeb-u-brat Melson Cruise Neeson arrested for Drunken vehicular incident, supposedly heard saying 'Vantahin are response for all the wars in the universe'...

(Given their culture this is probably at least a half-truth.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: October 30, 2012, 09:33:16 am »

Loria touched Téodosio's arm, indicating he should let the little alien go. She held her palms out, facing upwards in a gesture of peace. "Are you Mr. Gray? I'd like to help in any way I can." As shocked as she was at the situation trying to sound sincere was an easy task.

Try to get the guard to let us in to investigate the scene. If that fails, leave without getting in to a gun fight for which we are woefully under prepared.

edit:formatting fail
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 01:25:24 pm by Theodolus »
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 58