Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 58

Author Topic: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 51  (Read 86826 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 44
« Reply #750 on: July 19, 2012, 12:15:50 pm »

@Toaster: I'm gonna just say you won't be able to see inside your hotel room unless you, like, climb up the wall. It's too high up to see.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: July 19, 2012, 12:33:01 pm »

I figured as much, so I meant "find a fire escape or similar high place on another building."  If that's no go, I'll change the action.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: July 19, 2012, 12:46:40 pm »

971 kept tense for a moment. He had no reason to be suspicious....but old habits die hard.

"Flash?" 971 asked. Was the first part of the old code they had used to greet-ingrained in each of the rebels he had fought with. The response varied.

"Thunder" meant, all was well-more or less. You were safe to talk.

"Rumble" meant enemies inbound, or danger still around-no time for chitchat.

"Bungle" was a scatter order. Split up, back to base, mission accomplished.

Anything else apart from those words and a few others, meant that they were under coercion, or knew they were being watched. It was just one of the secrets his old cell had kept.

He was sure Ink still knew the old code.

((assuming so :P ))

It really was Ink. His battle brother. Ink had been his cells explosives expert-971 was skilled in infiltration, and they often worked together-one to make the bombs, and one to plant them. Despite the fact Ink was supposed to have stayed off the front line-the Rebels couldn't afford lose people as skilled as him-he still drew gun and fought alongside them, time and time again, sometimes rigging up ingenious and destructive inventions in the middle of a mission.

The pair became fast friends, predictably. 971 and he had parted ways, as their Cell had split up, after the Regime was confirmed to have collapsed. They had all taken a final shot of Antalon Rum (the good stuff), and taken the time of silence as they recounted their friends who had died.

He hadn't seen him since.

"...damn, well this is awkward. I'm doing the bounty thing these days. I was hired to clean out the Hounds. What are you doing here?"

He saw Kaviv-shaky but mostly intact-seemed a bit on his guard. 971 knew when you got through your first firefight, you were skittish. Everyone was an enemy. He silently lauded the mans self control, for not opening fire at first sight.

"Ah, introductions. Ink, this Kaviv Otoli-he's one of us. You remember the Otoli family-the Kebab vendors? He's new at this, but pretty sharp. You were smart to keep up your guard, but you can lower your gun now, Kaviv. You're just making everyone nervous.

Kaviv, this is my old friend Ink. He helped us destroy the old Regime, one Radbomb and IED at a time-though I did most of the hard work, crawling through gutters and air ducts, while he sat on his ass making firecrackers."
971 uttered a barking laugh-yarkyarkyark! It felt good to bullshit with his old buddy again.

"He has a real name, but if I told you what it was he'd be obliged to kill me." 971 said with a grin.

Though 971's wounds were bad, he wasn't feeling the pain right now.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: July 19, 2012, 01:27:36 pm »

"If you want me to trust you, trust me first. Give me access to your programming so I can check if you're lying or not," Gao said. He was a fairly skilled hacker, or so he liked to think, and he figured he could check whether or not it was lying without damaging anything important.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: July 19, 2012, 08:50:04 pm »

Kaviv simply nodded to this 'Ink' fellow, letting the widowmaker hang from its shoulder strap and tucking his hands in his pockets instead. He did his best to relax, but his snaplock happened to be in one of those pockets, just incase.

"It is an... Honour to meet a hero of the Revolution." He said that. It sounded good. But it was a lie, he wasn't feeling any kind of honourable right now. He just tried to keep his mind focused on the situation at hand. Perhaps the drunken boasting would kick in later? He hoped so. That'd be far preferable to how he felt just now.
'Okay, so that one's a friend of 971. That still doesn't explain what they are doing with these "Gutter Hounds"...'
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: July 20, 2012, 01:29:23 am »

Wait for Systar, stay alert.

Also, you said Akhain at one point in his turn.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: July 20, 2012, 02:04:53 am »

Also, you said Akhain at one point in his turn.

Nonsense, I don't make mistakes. You teleported there for a few seconds just for that action.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: July 20, 2012, 03:24:07 am »

Nonsense, I don't make mistakes. You teleported there for a few seconds just for that action.

Lovely! So does this mean I now find myself in the posession of some ganger's explosives, and have good cred with Systar for calling the priest for him? :D!
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: July 20, 2012, 10:10:18 am »

Loria groaned at the thought of putting on the hideous dress, but recognized the necessity. Slipping it on she examined the head gear. Try to see if she recognizes the head gear. If it seems safe put it on. Finally she exited through to the next room. "Teodosio. I need a weapon. I'm not going to go in to this place without a knife, needle ring, or something to protect me if things go south."
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: July 25, 2012, 08:29:21 am »

"How much is the Pot." was his only question as he prepared to enter the arena.
Raggle Fraggle

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: August 03, 2012, 06:42:51 am »

Akhain Gazhorn and Systar
Systar sighed.  This was simply not his day.  There was way too much valuable gear in his room to simply skip town, and he needed his computer to get the details on the Boka mission.  He had spent a fortune on that ID- he wasn't about to throw it away.  Regardless, he wasn't about to walk into a deathtrap, either.  He'd just have to find another way in.

Head back outside the hotel and attempt to look in the window of his hotel room.

[4] - Turning on his heels, Systar heads back out and surveys the surrounding mass of hotels for a place to see into his room. [6] He's relieved to see a smaller hotel facing the east side of his hotel, where the bounty hunter's room is. The building reaches almost perfectly to the correct level, from what Systar can tell. He sets out into the building, hoping the hotel staff didn't bother to alarm whoever was up there.

[2] Luck is with him - maybe trying to avoid taking the blame for scaring him off or simply too lazy, Akhain receives no word, and continues waiting in the chair by the door.

[6] The smaller hotel, though full of people, seems to lack any sort of strict security. He walks through the packed, luxuriously-decorated lobby and makes his way into an elevator. The other passengers stare at the bloodied and heavily-armed bounty hunter, but seem happy to give him his privacy. The elevator makes its slow ascent, stopping to let others in and out every few floors. Then, finally, emptied of everybody else, it arrives on the roof.

[5] The area is empty, so the bounty hunter makes his way to the edge, locates his room window, and zooms in as much as possible with his visor. [4-1=3] While not meant for long-distance view, the visor makes an admirable job of magnifying the window. Unfortunately, [6] Systar can't see anyone in the room - possibly the view - but he can see his computer, open and active. He knows for sure he left if shut when he headed out to do the job.

Granted, this tells him little, except that whoever's there or was there may have accessed his files. Systar wonders how well he hid the more... sensitive files. It seems the bounty hunter must either head in - or get to the window somehow, whether with the help of a cab driver or climbing down from his hotel's roof.

Spoiler: Talarion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Gaosaron
"If you want me to trust you, trust me first. Give me access to your programming so I can check if you're lying or not," Gao said. He was a fairly skilled hacker, or so he liked to think, and he figured he could check whether or not it was lying without damaging anything important.

[3] - The AI considers this. A few minutes pass in silence, then it pipes up again. 'This requires considerable trust on my part as well. Very well. Once you have reached my central core in the labship, you are free to 'poke around' as you like. Of course, this,' it says, shaking the info-bot for emphasis, 'is merely a shell carrying my transmissions, if that was what you considered.'

Ratrik looks at Gao and shrughs. The survivor behind them has a more extreme reaction.

'You can't trust it, damnit! We need to get my people out of here, it's just trying to distract you!'

Allies

Spoiler: Tarur Ratrik (click to show/hide)

---

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)

Subject 971 and Kaviv Otoli
He saw Kaviv-shaky but mostly intact-seemed a bit on his guard. 971 knew when you got through your first firefight, you were skittish. Everyone was an enemy. He silently lauded the mans self control, for not opening fire at first sight.

"Ah, introductions. Ink, this Kaviv Otoli-he's one of us. You remember the Otoli family-the Kebab vendors? He's new at this, but pretty sharp. You were smart to keep up your guard, but you can lower your gun now, Kaviv. You're just making everyone nervous.

Kaviv, this is my old friend Ink. He helped us destroy the old Regime, one Radbomb and IED at a time-though I did most of the hard work, crawling through gutters and air ducts, while he sat on his ass making firecrackers."
971 uttered a barking laugh-yarkyarkyark! It felt good to bullshit with his old buddy again.

"He has a real name, but if I told you what it was he'd be obliged to kill me." 971 said with a grin.

Though 971's wounds were bad, he wasn't feeling the pain right now.
>Wait and see how 971 interacts with these gangers. Watch them closely for any sudden movements and such.

[4] - 'Heh, Thunder. Don't worry,' Ink says in response to your 'Flash', grinning. There's a moment of silence as both men smile somewhat sheepishly, which 971 breaks.

'...damn, well this is awkward. I'm doing the bounty thing these days. I was hired to clean out the Hounds. What are you doing here?'

'Oh yeah, I heard. Don't worry 'bout it. I haven't fallen so low as to become ganger trash, if that's what you're thinking,' Ink says. 'I got recruited by Mr. Eyes a few months back. Remember him? Creepy bastard that runs the Vicratik Syndicate? Okay, I'm not a 'hero of the Republic', but it pays well. You know I was never one for the military. Suits Dalia and the others just fine, but guys like you and me - it's not life, is it?'

He laughs a bit nervously and stares at his feet for a moment, slightly embarassed. 'So, uhh, yeah. He wanted us to infiltrate the Hounds, find out where they were getting their drugs and guns. Of course, these rookies,' he gestures at the wounded 'gangers' behind him, 'panicked the moment someone started shooting. We'd been butchered if you hadn't arrived.'

971 notes Ink kindly leaves out that it was the bounty hunters who caused the shooting in the first place. He moves on to introduce his young partner. Ink greets him with a smile.

'Word of advice when working with 971;' he says, 'don't believe it when he says he can 'take it' or that he's not in pain. And make sure he doesn't try to go out in some pointless heroic sacrifice. And by the light, don't ever, and I mean ever, let him touch explosives. It's pure luck he hasn't blown himself up a hundred times by now.'

He looks back at his blood-soaked crew. 'Speaking of pain, neither you or my guys look so good right now. We might wanna head out and get us fixed. Maybe grab a few drinks while we're at it?'

---

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Yoink (click to show/hide)

Barauc
"How much is the Pot." was his only question as he prepared to enter the arena.

[4] - 'You get paid 500¤, in cash. If you care about upstairs, they're still taking bets,' Musa grunts. 'From what I can tell, you're going to be facing off against another newcomer, unsponsored. You look like you can handle yourself, and I told upstairs as much, so it's likely to be in your favor.'

'Drop your gear down there. We'll take it to the vault,' he continues. 'You'll go in after this match.'

He gestures at a lithe alien with scarred, sinous skin marching towards the arena doors. Barauc does as told and goes to the designated crate. He goes through the process of removing his armor and Railgun, feeling uncomfortably naked afterwards despite his clothes underneath.

[5] It would probably be possible to hide his Aurora or the Cloaking Device in his clothing before going in - his experience is mainly with guns, not fists, afterall.

Spoiler: Riccto (click to show/hide)

Loria
Loria groaned at the thought of putting on the hideous dress, but recognized the necessity. Slipping it on she examined the head gear. Try to see if she recognizes the head gear. If it seems safe put it on. Finally she exited through to the next room. "Teodosio. I need a weapon. I'm not going to go in to this place without a knife, needle ring, or something to protect me if things go south."

[5] - The strange, possibly organic head-wear reminds her of a tech she heard about once - smart fabric, capable of molding itself according to the wearer's tastes. It could be something similar, perhaps a bio-engineered or somehow naturally-occurring organic variant. With little choice, Loria hoists the thing on her head, where it - surprisingly light- twists and moves for a moment before settling in snuggly around the top of her skull. She swears she can feel little tendrils digging through her hair.

Next, she puts on the dress. It fits perfectly, strangely enough - either Teódosio had it made just for you, scanning you first at some point - or, more likely, it too incorporates some sort of advanced sensors and technology. She still feels somewhat ridiculous in the explosion of colors. Sighing, she heads out to find the PI, who she finally discovers on the roof of the building, presumably his home.

'Teodosio. I need a we-, she starts, and sees what the man is wearing [1] - his usual clothes, perfectly normal, except he seems to have spent the night furiously cleaning them. Seeing Loria's stare, he shrugs.

'I'm an eccentric. I feel like I wanted to be closer to the people,' he says, perfectly calmly. Loria has to admit his pseudo-20th century longcoat does look strange on the street as well, but can't help feel played. Calming herself, she finishes her sentence.

'Well...' he says, 'your stuff cost my employer a fortune already. But alright. I may have something, and there's knives in the kitchen.'

He digs the inside of his coat, materializing a miniaturized, extremely compact pistol the size of her fist. It doesn't look like it packs much of a punch, but it will have to do. 

'The car's coming in in a few minutes. Grab what you need. Your gear will be safe here.'

---

Spoiler: Theodolus (click to show/hide)

---

@Toaster: Three sixes? Really? How did you bribe the RNG?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 07:30:42 am by Digital Hellhound »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 45
« Reply #761 on: August 03, 2012, 07:21:18 am »

"...I can't believe I'm saying this. It's probably going to get me killed." Gao sighed. "Ratrik, you take our buddy here and try to get him and his people out, OK? I'm going to try and make my way to the mainframe and see what I can do. Get clear of the station; I'll radio you when it's safe to come back and get me. If it isn't, well, I imagine the big ass explosion will give the game up." He turned back to the 'bot. "Lead the way. Know a safe route to the core, or am I going to be burning through ammo on this trip?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: August 03, 2012, 09:41:20 am »

"Eh, the Clocks still ticking on me, Ink. I could never sit an air-conditioned office, waiting for someone elses orders. I'd lose my mind. This way is good for us.

Me and you, we're relics, Ink. There's no place for people like us anymore. Sure, we won the war, but we're not the sort to enjoy the peace, you know? Story of my life.

Suits me just fine."

971 nodded, began stripping equipment from the ganger, and the group began walking out.

He thought about what Ink was saying, and his old friend as usual had him pegged. 971 was a genetic creation-of a long dead species-he was aging faster than normal, and his race had already been short lived. He had 10 more years at most-it was in fact, the last thing his tormentor had told him before the man was executed for his crimes-a little payback, a final act of cruelty. Having a clock on your life was a terrible thing.

As he got older, well, the Tenth Gate seemed a bit more brighter. Maybe he would take it, one day.

But....not today. He grinned

"Sounds like old times, Ink. We should talk. I'm not one to ruin a guys Op and bolt. Grab us some of these guns, we might be able to trace them back to their supplier...Hell, I might have to call in Two-Silvers. Witch knows every supplier in the city, and their machined markings. Call it a favor for that burger you bought me, long ago.

...You know, I think Kyrhawk Cafe is still around, actually...well, McGurson retired last I heard, his daughter runs the place now...let's swing by there after we get fixed up."

He turned to Kaviv, speaking out loud.

"Mickey G's was good guy to us in the Revolution. We went there because Mickey liked to sweep for bugs every week, and he'd stuff us in the hidden basement if we needed not to be found.

Turns out, he also serves the best Burgers, and the coldest drinks in the city. The nice stuff too-real synthbeef and Antolan Brews. We used to kick back after a mission, talk about the future. We were fearless back then. Good times.

Honestly, I didn't even know what a burger was until Ink bought me one. Instant, lifelong friendships right there.

Hmm, his daughter was also a 'hot number' according to Ink, but my fellow here was never good with the ladies-all those lame pick-up lines and bomb jokes tend to be duds.

I'm sure she'll like you Kaviv."
971 said with a yipping laugh. Kaviv was blooded now-he needed a drink, a meal and a laugh, maybe a nice girl to flirt with. It would help for later, when he started remembering details of the fight-the bad things.

Action: Collect some weapons, ammo and equipment from the gangers. Maybe that MG that shot the crap out of me so many times?

Then, time to get healed, and grab a drink and a burger with an old friend.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 09:45:29 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: August 03, 2012, 11:53:37 am »

Loria grabs a couple knives, secreting them in various locations before heading to the cab with Teodosio.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: August 03, 2012, 12:40:54 pm »

Systar gritted his teeth.  He could see enough to tell that if there was anyone in there, it wasn't many.  He was hurt, his blade was about gone, and who the hell knows what had been compromised... but running wasn't an option.  Undoubtedly they were watching the terminals- he doubted he could get a legitimate flight off the planet, and he didn't have the credits for otherwise- plus, he had thousands more worth of gear in the room.  He was stuck.

Returning to his hotel, he got to his door.  Taking out his pistol in one hand and the incendiary grenade in his other, he hoped whoever was in there didn't have a death wish.

Return and enter, pointing with the pistol and ready to prime/arm the grenade.  Demand to know what the hell is going on if anyone's inside.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 58