Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 58

Author Topic: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 51  (Read 86910 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 40
« Reply #690 on: June 13, 2012, 05:15:49 pm »

@Tiruin: Welcome the side of Good. It's a hard path. :P

As I promised with Yoink before me, If you ever get the game, expect a leg up from 971.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: June 15, 2012, 11:31:48 am »

Sorry for the wait. I've got files to move'n'shit, so I can't fully write the update today. I'll do the parts that don't require combat rolls and other stuff I'd need the word documents for now and the rest later.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: June 17, 2012, 12:01:03 pm »

Akhain Gazhorn
+Yes, I'm interested. Send me the details, and the fake identities. Do we have any information on who this outsider is?+ Akhain nodded, pacing. Once he got the details, he would head on his way to... Where-ever he needed to go. Straight to the mission, basically.

[5] - +That's good to hear,+ Jinan says. After a moment, you receive an encoded transmission that rapidly unpacks and installs itself. She continues shortly afterwards. +The outsider's a human, though not on our payroll. He's made somewhat of a name for himself off-planet. Calls himself Systar. We can't find his real name on the records. Owes no particular allegiance to the Republic, and we're pretty sure he may have been involved in the escape of an Old Regime general last week. I'm sending you the address of his hotel now.+

Akhain goes over the files and digital database rewrites - they look like fairly solid, professional jobs. He has a choice of two apparently real people already embedded in Republic files. The first is a government special agent called Hurid yl Bassdrom, tasked with working as an intermediary between Systar and the Republic - this also hopefully ensures he doesn't immediately ask the people who hired him about Akhain. The second is a defected human calling himself Bravo who used to work for Boka, attached to Systar to help him plan his assault. The files contain villa blueprints and other information to help with this role.

Once Akhain has determined the other hunter's plan, he'll receive further assistance.

[3] Still thinking, Akhain calls a cab and sets him on the way to the human bounty hunter's hotel. Ideally, he will have chosen by the time he gets there.

Spoiler: Talarion (click to show/hide)

Systar
"See you later, joker."

Apply blade to ganger until dead.  Continue to move around building.

[3] - Systar spins his Thermal Blade around and drops it in one smooth movement, [Dodge:2] sinking it in the ganger's chest. There's a nasty sizzling of boiling flesh and blood as he pushes deeper and deeper, a wet gurgle erupting from the ganger's mouth. [Damage:18] In a moment, he stops moving. Systar gets up and moves on.

The front of the church is devoid of any nasty surprises. [2] Systar moves quickly, slipping through the heavy doors, and enters the main church hall. The long space is occupied by trashed rows of chairs and smashed icons, as well as scattered piles of food and ammo. At the far end, two peeking into the side room Systar was in earlier, one [1] looking up just in time to see Systar enter, are the remaining gangers. He lets out a shout of warning and [5+1=6] raises his shotgun, ferociously tugging at the trigger.

[Dodge:6] Systar is already rolling out of the way, hitting the ground behind a still-standing bench row. [6] The bounty hunter retaliates, [Dodge:4] but his quick shot goes wide. Neither side has weapons really effective at this range - but there's plenty of cover in the room to close the distance behind.

Enemies
Spoiler: Ganger Boss (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Big Ganger (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Masked Ganger (click to show/hide)

---

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Gaosaron
"My specialty. Watch my back, OK?" Gao trusted Ratrik to do so as he began the process of hacking through the door.

[6+1-2=5] - Gaosaron moves for the heavy doors, settling comfortably in the corner next to the panel. Then he sets to work. After a moment, the device projects a bright holographic presentation of the system.

The AI strikes almost immediately, but Gao is ready and cuts it off, his implant humming loudly as his hands move faster than the eye can follow. The intelligence comes for another try. [5+1-2=4] Gao makes a quick scan of it to determine its full capabilities - and traps it in a rudimentary file loop, deletes the related files and kicks it off the system. With nothing hampering his effort anymore, Gao pulls up the code effortlessly and the doors groan open.

[3] The duo is greeted by a sweating alien in a security guard's uniform, pointing a low-power stungun their way. After a few moments, he lowers the weapon. Gao notices crude barricades behind him.

'I wasn't sure if anyone was actually coming through,' he says. 'I can't tell you how happy I am to see you. Do you have a ship? We need to get out of here.'

Allies

Spoiler: Tarur Ratrik (click to show/hide)

---

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)

Subject 971 and Kaviv Otoli
971 felt no sense of satisfaction, as he pulled the trigger once again on the scraggly looking kid...

"...Let's circle around, flush them out of their cover."

Action: Shoot the exposed youth-then, circle around the catwalks, staying under cover and picking off any enemies I see.
Kaviv, still a bit dazed from the whole affair, was in no state to question 971's plan even if he did have another idea. Gripping his shotgun tightly, with the stock resting against his shoulder just like he dimly remembered a couple of his cousins showing him at some point, the young kebab vendor-turned-bounty hunter followed his comrade, ready to put a Widowmaker blast through any gangers who showed themselves.
>Follow along with 971, trying to cover whatever direction he isn't focusing on if possible, and fire on any gangers!

[4] - The bounty hunter team prepares to move on, 971 taking one last shot at the standing ganger. [Dodge:5] He's far away and the shotgun isn't the most accurate of weapons, and unsurprisingly, the shot goes wide. The ganger [3-1=2] seems to get the message anyhow and leaps down from his position with a fearful cry. The pair can hear derisive laughter at him from amongst the machines. For a moment, he seems familiar to 971.

[6] The pair move quickly, keeping to the cover of the railings. Night vision kicks in in their visors as they try to make out the forms of the gangers in the shadows. [5] They move quietly enough to avoid notice, but the gangers don't have the same skill. They make enough noise for an army. 971 spots a bulky alien climbing half-way up a machine, two others holding him by his legs, close enough for their soft cursing to be heard. He motions for Kaviv to follow his lead and takes aim.

[6] 971 targets the ganger held aloft, pulling his Revolver's trigger softly. The targeting system settles into a [Dodge:3-1-1=1] perfect shot that slams into the back of the ganger's skull. [Damage:24+7=31] He doesn't make a sound, but the Aurora does.

[5] Kaviv fires next, [Dodge:5-1=4] but too high, the shotgun blast impacting on metal instead. [3] Return fire comes a moment later, [Dodge:6+1=6] but comes nowhere near the bounty hunter.

[2] Of the two survivors, one decides to split and starts off running down the path between the machines, shouting for help, [6] while the other drops behind a sturdy assembly of gears and long-dead pistons, safely in cover. [5] His trying shot finds [Dodge:1+1=2] flesh with incredible luck, smashing through the light metal plating in the walkway's side. [Damage:10] Widowmaker shells scrape across Kaviv's side and punch holes in his armor.

Enemies

Spoiler: Headband Ganger (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hiding Ganger (click to show/hide)

---

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Yoink (click to show/hide)

Loria
Operating on pure instinct at this point Loria grabs her gun and unloads it in to the guard at point blank range.

[1] - Loria goes for her gun, but it's nowhere to be found. She scrambles wildly around the floor for the carbine, panic rising - [2] but the bodyguard has no better luck, holding his head. He seems too dazed to act. The two spend a few moments in worthless effort until [1]vs[5] the bodyguard gathers his wits and pushes the Flechette Shotgun under Loria's ribcage. She barely has time to blink [Dodge:3-2-1=1] before the man pulls the trigger. [Damage:39+18=57]

There is pain. It wipes Loria's mind clean for a few moments, silencing all sentient thought. Some part of her mind hears her armor shatter, feels explosive bolts enter her skin, feels a terrifying warmness spread through her body from the points of impact, sees the bodyguard's expression turn from dazed triumph to horror and pain as he catches the backlash from an area-of-effect weapon being used at point blank range.

[Dodge:1+1+1=3][Damage:43-18=25] He throws himself back, but it's not enough. The high-explosive darts rip through his torso and detonate, spraying blood and guts everywhere.

Loria drifts into unconsciousness for a second - she hopes it's only that - and comes around with her armor desperately trying to administer emergency sealants and blood-stemmers. She forces herself up to her knees and studies the bodyguard's ruined form for a moment. There's probably no hope of scavenging the implant from that.

A while later, she becomes aware of a message popup in the side of her visor. The contents are simple; Found anything? I think I've got a lead. Let me know as soon as you can. -Teodosio

It seems the PI has had better luck than her. Hopefully she can explain the firefight and destruction of this apartment, if needed.

---

Spoiler: Theodolus (click to show/hide)

---

Oh wow, I only know noticed Riccto hadn't actually posted. Ah, what the hell. Less stuff to write. I can't say I didn't give him time, ehehehe.

Theo, congrats on not getting the kill on the bodyguard anyhow.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 41
« Reply #693 on: June 17, 2012, 12:46:32 pm »

"Wait. I want to know something first... Can you tell us just what the hell happened here?" Gao said, trying to look past the man and see more of the room behind him.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: June 18, 2012, 12:52:38 am »

Wait for arrival, choosing Bravo. He could play off his skin as a deformity, and planning assault was more his forte.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 07:26:18 am by Talarion »
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: June 18, 2012, 06:58:36 am »

Wait for arrival, choosing Bravo. He could play off his skin as a deformity, and planning assault was more his forte.

Huh, I wonder why it says human there. Assume changes would be made to make him of your species.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: June 18, 2012, 07:25:42 am »

Oh. Well then. As Akhain isn't exactly deformed, and I'll assume that the other was of my species also?

I'll go with Hurid yl Bassdrom
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: June 18, 2012, 08:16:44 am »

Huh, why did you change? But yes, sure.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: June 18, 2012, 08:57:26 am »

Seriously, Loria has the worst luck of all the various characters I've ever played! Amazing that she didn't die.

Loria made a token effort to recover the bodyguard's implant. Even if it was destroyed she might be able to get a manufacturer's ID off it. That done (or not) she quickly rummaged through the bedroom's dresser trying to find a loose covering to hide the damage to her torso. She headed out of the apartment building, taking the stairs to try and avoid meeting anyone in the elevator, aiming to meet with the PI.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: June 18, 2012, 10:27:53 am »

971 aimed at the fleeing target...

And after that, he called out loudly to the rest of the gangers in the factory.

"Last chance boys. Clear out of this place and never come back. You know you've not got the numbers to hold out against a rival gang anymore-you've not even got enough to continue harassing little old shopkeepers. At this point, you're finished. It's either die or run.

Your choice. So, anybody feel like a Hero today? Who wants to be next?"

Action: Kill the Headband Ganger and autoreload my pistol.

Either way, Try to end the fight through some forceful diplomacy.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: June 18, 2012, 10:15:52 pm »

Head out to somewhere with considerable less "Heat"
Raggle Fraggle

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: June 19, 2012, 01:01:51 am »

Huh, why did you change? But yes, sure.
Because Bravo was described as being deformed, and I changed my mind on a whim. D:

What more do you need?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: June 19, 2012, 02:53:07 am »

Bubut, you described him as defo- oh well.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: June 19, 2012, 03:10:53 am »

Wait, I described Akhain as deformed? Did I really?

Blink blink.

I described him as Alien. He is a human-like Alien. The only deformity I mentioned was his eyes, which are just an odd colour (slightly odd for his race, not unheard of.)

I was rationalising the description of Bravo being a deformed human as explaining Akhain's appearence.

What more do you need?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: June 19, 2012, 06:56:44 am »

We're not talking about Akhain. We were supposed to be talking about Bravo the cover identity who you just claimed was described as deformed above. I have no idea what's going on anymore. I said the identity would be changed to Akhain's species, unnecessarily I suppose, but yeah.

In any case... I thought Akhain also had odd skin or something?
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 58