Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 58

Author Topic: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 51  (Read 86912 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 39
« Reply #660 on: April 23, 2012, 09:49:39 am »

Well, I intend to get a new comp in just a bit, but as computer-illiterate as I am, it might take a while to get dem files out of the old one. So uhh, hang on tight! I don't intend to give up on this even if it was the death of me!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: April 23, 2012, 09:51:49 am »

As long as the HD itself is okay, you'll only need to set it up as a secondary HD on the new PC.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: April 27, 2012, 02:41:25 pm »

Good news, everyone! Magic happened! Then black magic, and then magic again!

Long story short, I've got my old comp working perfectly again... except it's hooked to the TV and won't work with any real PC monitors. But uhh, it's a start? All NtR files are still there and happy. If things continue at the present pace, I'll be able to start updating again in the distant, distant future!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: April 27, 2012, 03:18:09 pm »

Excellent! I'm greatly looking forward to getting Loria out of the jam she's currently in.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: April 27, 2012, 03:22:27 pm »

Good news, everyone! Magic happened! Then black magic, and then magic again!

Long story short, I've got my old comp working perfectly again... except it's hooked to the TV and won't work with any real PC monitors. But uhh, it's a start? All NtR files are still there and happy. If things continue at the present pace, I'll be able to start updating again in the distant, distant future!
Maybe Back-ups in the future. You don't even need a seperate disc drive, just email them to yourself or put them on a cloud thingy(Google has a quite good free one).

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: May 04, 2012, 11:29:51 am »

Goddamnit, I don't mean to keep procrastinating with getting this back on my updating schedule. Uhh, I guess I'll blame new, good comp and all the fun that comes with it again?

And now I've probably pissed off people who thought this post meant an update. OH WELL.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: May 05, 2012, 09:35:35 am »

I confess I saw the updated post and was excited... now a bit bummed. But, it's nice to know that this is still on your radar, so back to being happy! :)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: May 08, 2012, 10:40:58 pm »

Loyal fan here, eagerly awaiting updates to either of your games that I am in!
But still, I'm not gonna pressure you to stop savouring the new computer and get back to work-- I know that feeling! :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: May 09, 2012, 12:46:27 am »

I have bounties to hunt though! D:
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: May 09, 2012, 06:53:36 am »

Oh, wow. I started updating, but I just realized I still don't have the files on this computer. They're safe and fast enough to transfer, so I'll continue the update later today. I got Akhain's section written up, though. I think several players might find it... interesting.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: May 09, 2012, 08:16:43 am »

Oh. Joy. That means something bad happened, doesn't it? D:
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: May 09, 2012, 10:17:43 am »

Interesting is better than boring. :P

No one wants to start again, thinking "I waited two months for THIS?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: May 14, 2012, 09:04:02 am »

Bitcheeeees. I am back with vengeance. Disappointing, short and horribly-delayed vengeance, though. Hmm.

---

Akhain Gazhorn
Contact Jinan, first trying to use the implant, then using more conventional methods if it doesn't work. "You have a mission for me, Jinan?"

[3] - Akhain is unsure how to reach Jinan inside his head when he's not already conversing with her. He calls out aloud at first, feeling extremely silly, but nothing happens. Closing his eyes, he feels around in his mind, focusing on the odd disorienting pressure of the implant. Gradually, he becomes aware of a distant presence, an unnerving outside looking into his brain. Akhain isn't sure if the trickles of emotions and thoughts slipping through are real or imagined.

+What do you need, Akhain?+ Jinan's voice eventually returns, reveberating inside your skull. She sounds very tired. +Are you ready for your next job already?+

Akhain confirms this, and Jinan tells him to wait a moment as she pulls up the relevant files. The feeling of being watched returns, stronger - Akhain supposes it's because of the direct communication. He's fairly sure he didn't feel this with Kosh, but then, he was preoccupied. He thinks he feels the knot of emotions again, but he can't make any real sense of them.

+Right. We... have a problem. A man called Boka yl Vsiri. You might've heard of him - rich beyond belief in any currency, and a huge player in interstellar crime. He's... taken something from us. Sensitive information and project data we would not want to fall in the wrong hands. We haven't been able to retrieve it yet, but we've just received word the Republic is mounting an operation of its own against him. They're hiring an outsider - we hope you could find him and offer your help. Alternatively, if that fails, you should still follow him, and get inside Boka's villa while they're preoccupied with him.+

Akhain's handler pauses, letting him take in the information. +We have several fake identities for you if you choose the former, if you think it's necessary. We don't want him getting too suspicious.+

+Any questions? Or, rather,+ she chuckles, +I should ask you if you're even interested. Well?+

Spoiler: Talarion (click to show/hide)

Systar
Damn.  He looked fat, though- easy target.  Shotgun means the pistol, though I hate the extra noise.

Hold ground and blast him as soon as he's clear around the corner.  Once he's dead, move to cut the others off from the front.

[4] - Systar turns around the corner and [Dodge:3-1=2] catches the ganger right in the stomach as he comes running. [Damage:20] He doubles over with a yelp, his momentum carrying him onwards past Systar and into the wall.

The bounty hunter moves, heading for the front of the church, [2] when another ganger steps in his path from the doors. There can't be many more left. [3] He doesn't quite get his weapon up in time, [1] but the ganger is too surprised to act. The bounty hunter doesn't bother halting his momentum and crashes into the ganger, driving his elbow into the lithe alien's chest. He goes down with a shout, but holds onto his blade.

Enemies

Spoiler: Lithe Ganger (click to show/hide)

---

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Gaosaron
Gao considered his mandibles for a moment. Without any lips, he couldn't exactly try to mouth words at the camera and hope the person at the other end picked them up. He gestured for Ratrik to secure the door while he picked up a tray, his gun in his lowest set of arms while his middle set held the tray.

Gao writes: "Can you read this?" on the first side of the tray. On the other he writes "How do we reach you?" Then he holds up the first side to the camera; if he gets a positive response, he'll try the other side.

[1] - Gao and Ratrik get to work, the latter moving for the door while the former carves words into a tray and fills the cuts with some sort of dark green sauce. He holds the tray up, trying to make the substance not drip. There's a moment of silence as the guard studies the tray.

'Sorry, I can't... the resolution I'm seeing things at, you wouldn't believe it. Hang on, I...' he pauses. 'Wait, what language is that? I don't have a translator on me.'

Gao puts the tray down and considers his options, [3] but doesn't have to wait for long. The guard continues;

'Alright... I'll try to answer any questions you might have once you get here. Speaking of which,' he says, 'go through the doors on your right. There's a door to here over there, but there's an AI keeping it locked. You'll have to hack or break your way through.'

You locate the doors and nod your thanks. Tarur moves to them on cue and opens the door. You can see a pair of heavy double doors at the end of the corridor, protected by an electronic panel.

Allies

Spoiler: Tarur Ratrik (click to show/hide)

---

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)

Subject 971 and Kaviv Otoli
Kaviv will stay in cover pending instruction from his far more experienced partner. If he sees any of the 'Hounds that make an appealing target or who are getting too close, he'll lean out and blast them with the shotgun, despite it not really being a long-range weapon. At least it should keep their heads down...
971 nodded.

"...Don't let them get up here." he said simply.

Action: Continue firing from cover! Prioritize shooting anyone trying to reach the ladder.

[4] - Armed with a simple plan and their Widowmakers, the two bounty hunters keep their backs to the railing wall and their eyes on the scattering gangers. [6][Dodge:2] 971 ends the grievously wounded ganger's pain with a well-placed shot, [Damage:24] splattering his guts across the factory floor. [3] His partner targets the fleeing gangers instead, [Dodge:4+1=5] but moving targets are harder to hit and his shot goes wide.

[6] To the pair's surprise, seemingly acting in unison, the gangers all head for the lines of machinery, rushing into their safety. Soon the factory floor is empty, the sound of footsteps on metal, shouting and metal clanging in between the machines echoing in the air. Somewhat bemused by this, the pair [4-1=3][2] notices a ganger climbing on top of one of the machine in the distance [Dodge:4+1+1=6] - not that they need to worry. The volley hits the ceiling far behind them, the recoil sending the youth staggering from his uneven position. [2]

Enemies

Spoiler: Carbine Ganger (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Other Enemies (click to show/hide)

---

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Yoink (click to show/hide)

Barauc
Pack everything as well as possible. NO EVIDENCE. Pay the hotel bill with a little extra to keep him quiet and get the hell outta dodge.

[5] - Barauc rushes upstairs and spends the next fifteen minutes in frantic packing, getting rid of anything pointing to his identity. He packs his guns and gear, his clothes and IDs, everything unusual he's purchased, stuffing them into his bags before hurrying back down. He heads for the front desk, giving the alien there his best smile. Barauc starts negotiating checking out, and drops an extra 500¤ to sweeten the deal. This hurries the clerk up and in a few minutes he's wishing him a good day. Barauc gets a taxi called and waits anxiously.

[5] No police or Guard cars are outside yet, but that drone escaped, which means they could be here any minute now.

Spoiler: Riccto (click to show/hide)

Loria
Loria gritted her teeth in frustration. This wasn't going at all how she had envisioned her first mission. With a silent cry of anger in her head she charged in to the room, closing with the bodyguard before unleashing hot metal with her carbine. (If she misses she'll dive for the door, otherwise she'll figure out some way to secure him if he's disabled.)

[5] - Loria bounds around the corner, already sweeping the room with her gun. The bodyguard, peeking over the sofa, comes into her sights, and Loria fires. [Dodge:1+1=2] The supercharged volley catches him dead-on in the shoulder, half a dozen whip-crack impacts drawing blood. [Damage:28] He goes crashing down, roaring obscenities. Loria crosses the distance with a few quick steps and throws herself around the sofa. [6+1=6] Before she can step on it, the bodyguard's arm goes for his shotgun which comes up impossibly fast, [Dodge:6-1=5] but too fast just as well - when the bodyguard pulls the trigger the weapon is pointing at the ceiling. Plaster rains down on them.

[1] Loria moves to kick the shotgun away, but the bodyguard is faster. With a spin and a kick he plants his foot hard against Loria's knee. The bounty hunter loses her balance and crashes down onto the wooden floor, her face just half a metre away from the bodyguard. Both combatants bring themselves to their knees, reaching for weapons.

Enemies
Spoiler: Bodyguard (click to show/hide)

---

Spoiler: Theodolus (click to show/hide)

---

And that's that. Again, my apologies for the long, long wait, even after I got my computer problesm fixed.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 40
« Reply #673 on: May 14, 2012, 09:10:58 am »

+Yes, I'm interested. Send me the details, and the fake identities. Do we have any information on who this outsider is?+ Akhain nodded, pacing. Once he got the details, he would head on his way to... Where-ever he needed to go. Straight to the mission, basically.

What more do you need?

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 40
« Reply #674 on: May 14, 2012, 09:21:41 am »

Operating on pure instinct at this point Loria grabs her gun and unloads it in to the guard at point blank range.

((At least she finally managed to hit him! He bleeds, so he must be killable! :) ))
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 58