Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 58

Author Topic: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 51  (Read 86954 times)

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 36
« Reply #615 on: February 06, 2012, 05:36:47 pm »

Son of a bitch! Loria spun to the right bringing the carbine to bear, letting her finger tug at the trigger as soon as a target presented itself.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: February 06, 2012, 06:33:04 pm »

Wait for the target to present himself and fire.
Raggle Fraggle

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: February 09, 2012, 10:20:08 am »

"Oh... No..."
Kaviv froze in fear for a moment, eyes locked on the gun barrel pointing at him as his life flashed before his eyes in a rather cliched manner. Bizarrely, as images of his past began to rush through his head, he found time to wonder at the fact such flashbacks actually happened outside of stories...
He saw his family home, kebabs, his little vendor's stall, revolutionary posters appearing across the city and the proud faces of his siblings as they took up arms, he saw himself and his little sister collecting bits of bullet shrapnel and her shaping them into little figures... The military vehichles speeding through the streets as the family hid from the gunshots, and his brothers pressuring him to join them in their battles, as the old Regime crumbled further...

Abruptly he snapped back to reality, fingers scrabbling for the grip of his shotgun as he raised it to aim at the sneering face of this ganger, squeezing the trigger in desperation to keep himself alive. He fired again and again, racking shell after shell into the weapon in a panic. Well, unless he dies, of course...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: February 23, 2012, 05:27:20 am »

I am updating today, have no fear.

Interestingly enough, adwarf's RTD has given me ideas for a space RTD set in this world (Serious mentioned a Vantahin there, actually). Maybe a spinoff once Dwarmin gets his spaceship?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: February 23, 2012, 05:42:04 am »

Interestingly enough, adwarf's RTD has given me ideas for a space RTD set in this world (Serious mentioned a Vantahin there, actually). Maybe a spinoff once Dwarmin gets his spaceship?

What? I don't remember saying anything like that in the IRC last time I was on, and I haven't posted anything in adwarf's thread... Is somebody impersonating me in chat?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: February 23, 2012, 05:54:02 am »

Sorry, Dwarmin mentioned a Vantahin there. Nobody's been impersonating you. But anyhow.

It was a psychopath Vantahin too. Great advertising for your entire race, don't you think?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: February 23, 2012, 06:06:06 am »

OK... because I'm very rarely on IRC (I basically only go on whenever Taricus or Dwarmin asks me to) and I was worried that maybe somebody was actually bothering to try that when I read that sentence. As for the rest, eh, whatever. As long as he doesn't contradict the (miniscule amount of) lore I put down for the race I don't really mind if Dwarmin wants to play a crazed Vantahin.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: February 23, 2012, 06:08:27 am »

You should come on IRC more often. There's only really people there when it's night for me. Right now, there's lawas and afk-Taricus and most-likely-afk-Terenos.

Anyhow, Dwarmin isn't playing a Vantahin, t'was just Dwarmin In-Character RP (tm).

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: February 23, 2012, 06:22:18 am »

There's an IRC? o_o
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: February 23, 2012, 06:29:51 am »

There's an IRC? o_o

#bay12rtd, try http://webchat.freenode.net/ if you don't have a client.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: February 23, 2012, 06:41:01 am »

Eh, I would, but most of the time whenever I show up in #bay12RTD I'm usually the only person actually attempting to talk to other people. Pretty much everybody says nothing except for whoever I addressed last, and since I hate talking to people (nothing against anyone, I just never have anything particularly interesting to say) and I don't want to carry a conversation by myself, I usually stay off IRC. :\

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: February 23, 2012, 07:58:58 am »

Akhain Gazhorn
"Hmm... May we make a deal? I'm missing 500¤, but I'd be happy to pay it off after my next job, with a little bit more to make up for the inconveniance. How does this sound?" Akhain raised an eyebrow slightly. He knew that this surgeon was a reasonable man, so an offer like this should be acceptable, at least.

[5] - The doctor shrugs when you get to him and make your offer. 'Ahh, no need. Consider it a discount. So, did you have anything specific in mind? I've got everything you might ever possibly need.'

He shows you the list from earlier again.

Spoiler: Implants (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Talarion (click to show/hide)

Systar
Well, those street punks were good learners.  Looks like I have at least three more lessons to give out...

Blade the close-by ganger.  If the one headed for the door comes back (or if any others come in), blade him too.  Otherwise, reload the Aurora while I have a minute.  Go back to the alleyway to continue to hunt gangers if able.

[2+2=4] - Systar moves carefully, making as little sound as possible. With the ganger pointing his gun at the doorway, it's not fun work, but he doesn't appear to notice him. Systar stops at the ganger's side and thumbs the Thermal Blade activator. It makes a little hum, [Dodge:3-2=1] just quick enough for the ganger to jump and begin to turn his fat neck towards Systar. The bounty hunter plunges the weapon into it.

[Damage:22+12=34] There's nasty stench as flesh is fried and blood boiled, and the ganger's head snaps off to the side, half-way severed. He collapses with a resounding crash, pulled down by the weight of his skull.

There's a shout of alarm from beyond the doorway and Systar goes low, hugging the wall. As expected, a volley of Snaplock fire pings off the floor. You hear running steps, [4] but before that can happen the one ganger you left alive appears at the exit and lets out a warcry that ends abruptly as he realizes he still can't see you. Systar thanks whoever designed the Cloaking Device for letting it pull off shields of this lenght.

[3] The inside ganger appears in the doorway too, but Systar isn't sure how to act now that both exits are covered. The gangers share a moment of confusion.

[4] 'Where is he? You think he got back out?'

'Uhh...'

Looks like deduction isn't these people's strong suit.

Enemies
Spoiler: Walking Ganger (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Exit Ganger (click to show/hide)

Gaosaron
Gao nodded to Ratrik. "Let's look around. I'll lock the place up, and the machines should keep him stable for now, so we should be all right until we hear back from... whoever that was."

Lock the room down, then help Ratrik search for healing items. In the off-chance we find multiple, set the first aside for the patient. The next will go to me, then Ratrik, then if there are still any left over I'll use them until either my health is fifty or we're out. If my health does get back to fifty, use everything left on the patient to get him up and running again.

[4] - Gao activates the security locks and watches thick metal plating slide down to cover the windows and door. What few sounds came from outside die completely. The only thing the pair can soon hear is the stable hum of the machines and the whirring of moving servos, and the rasping breathing of the patient.

[5] The pair go through the cabinets and scattered equipment and substances, looking for anything useful.  At first, they find nothing overly helpful - though Tarur picks up a few stimulants for the unconscious alien - but soon they find various first aid kits and more advanced equipment, though only Tarur recognizes any of them.

[5] After swallowing a few of the pills and letting Ratrik bandage the worst of his wounds, Gao begins to feel much better. [6] His partner seems to completely fix up his lesser wounds with what he left for him.

[6] A little later, the comms wake up again, the same tired voice buzzing out from the speakers. 'Alright - there's another door, but that damned AI is holding it shut. Get back to the lobby and head up to the, uhh, crew quarters. There's still working cameras there. I can give you better directions from there.' he says, the poor quality of the broadcast hurting their ears. 'I don't know if you can override it's control on the door. If not, you'll have to head down to the loading bay and manually shut it down.'

There's a long pause. 'I'm going to feel very stupid if there's nobody listening.'

Allies

Spoiler: Tarur Ratrik (click to show/hide)

---

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)

Subject 971 and Kaviv Otoli
971 took to one knee and aimed at the one menacing his buddy...he had a good position, clear line of sight. And the guy was just standing there, showing his back. Bang.

He decided the gunfire from inside might have been some sort of...internal dispute? Who cares. Less competition anyway.

Action: Fire down on the Human Ganger threatening Kaviv!
Abruptly he snapped back to reality, fingers scrabbling for the grip of his shotgun as he raised it to aim at the sneering face of this ganger, squeezing the trigger in desperation to keep himself alive. He fired again and again, racking shell after shell into the weapon in a panic. Well, unless he dies, of course...

[5] 971 aims down from the walkway and [Dodge:1-1=1] fires an booming Aurora shot that passes through the ganger looming over Kaviv with such force his body goes spinning almost fully around before tumbling to the ground, [Damage:24+7=31] blood spurting into the air in an arc.

Kaviv, [1] finding his target floored by 971's shot in a rather brutal manner, is unable to bring his shotgun down on his other opponent. [6+2=6] He has no such qualms, drugged beyond any sense of self-protection or fear. With a mad laugh, the ganger leaps up from the ground and against Kaviv, slamming him hard on the pipes. Steel shimmers in the light and spins for Kaviv's stomach. [Dodge:2+1=3] He jerks right out of desperation that anything else and the blade snaps away from his makeshift armor, turning a stab into a cut along his waist. [Damage:5-3=2] There's barely any blood, but the ganger isn't done yet. He slams an arm around Kaviv's neck and pulls him back into place, pulling the knife back with another.

[6+2=6][Dodge:5+1=6] Kaviv moves, pushing at his opponent. He's given strenght more by fear and desperation by anything, but it works. The drugged-up killer, not anticipating any resistance, is not prepared and goes flying as Kaviv grabs him by the arms and throws. He hits the barrier hard, [5] and levels his Widowmaker. [Dodge:5] Kaviv pulls the trigger but the ganger is faster, swinging himself to the other side of the barrier with sheer upper body strenght. The shotgun blast slams into the barrier, shattering stone.

[4] Up on the balcony, 971, finally with a clear angle on the ganger, aims down with his Aurora again. [Dodge:4-1=3] The revolver booms, fixed into place by the targeting system, but either by sheer luck, or some supernatural warning, he only scores a hit on his leg. [Damage:15-7=8] The ganger goes down, looking wildly around him for the source of the shot. [3+2=5] He swings his shotgun up and squeezes the trigger, [Dodge:5+1=6] hitting nowhere near his target.

Enemies

Spoiler: Drugged Ganger (click to show/hide)

---

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Yoink (click to show/hide)

Barauc
Wait for the target to present himself and fire.

[6] - Just when he's about to give up, a figure appears at the window sipping some warm beverage, with a face he'd recognize anywhere. Barauc aims down his sights, keeping his breathing stable and... [Dodge:4-1=3] fires, the shot whipping out of the barrel and shattering the windows a millisecond later. [Damage:73-30=43] There's an explosion of blood as the shot cuts clean through his forearm and severs it before slamming through the concrete wall behind him. The man goes spinning, crashing to the ground. There's no way he'd have survived.

Time to go.

Spoiler: Riccto (click to show/hide)

Loria
Son of a bitch! Loria spun to the right bringing the carbine to bear, letting her finger tug at the trigger as soon as a target presented itself.

[5] - Loria keeps his eyes open as well as she can in this light, and with her implants scrambling to reboot in her head. She thanks herself for not filling her head with implants before this.  She moves cautiously left, covering all angles. With her visor still malfunctioning, there's no telling where he might come from.

[5] She spots movement, slight enough to go unnoticed by most people, but not her. The carbine lights up the apartment, revealing the crouched form of the bodyguard for a few seconds before he makes a leap for cover. [Dodge:6+1+1=6] Loria's volley shatters a window, but entirely misses the couch the bodyguard ends up behind. Before she can adjust her aim, [2+1=3] the man rises and Loria realizes he only went away to get his hands on a weapon. She recognizes the unique silhouette of a SychTech Flechette Shotgun.

[Dodge:5-1=4] Loria is in no way slower than the man and spins back behind the wall of the entrance corner. A millisecond later, a volley of spinning flechettes shred apart the wall. Loria hears a click as another batch goes into place in the bodyguard's weapon.

There's a warm feeling in the back of her head, like blood returning to her brain, the Uplink Package finishes rebooting and comes back online.

Enemies
Spoiler: Bodyguard (click to show/hide)

---

Spoiler: Theodolus (click to show/hide)

---

While I was working on Yoink and Dwarmin's turn, both of them appeared in the chat and then left almost instantly. HOW DID THEY KNOW.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 37
« Reply #627 on: February 23, 2012, 11:33:02 am »

(Holy crap Loria got mixed up in something way more complicated than it first appeared! Excellent!)

Hoping the bodyguard was using some sort of thermal or infrared imaging Loria pulled out her flare gun and blind fired it around the corner. As soon as the light flared she swung out from cover, opening up on the bodyguard with her carbine.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: February 23, 2012, 01:04:34 pm »

Note to self- get more cloaks.  This thing's a lifesaver.

Blade the ganger with the shotgun while still invis.  Charge the pistol one and stab him too before he can realize what's going on.  If they're both gone and it's quiet for a second, take cover and reload the Aurora.

That cloak effect is awesome.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: February 23, 2012, 08:31:02 pm »

Gao was feeling a slight bit better for the meds. "Come on. We'll leave this guy locked in here, and he can leave when he recovers." They didn't needed to burdened down with his dead weight.

After making absolutely sure he has any relevant keycards and such the man has, Gao leaves the recovering alien behind. He also ensures the place is locked down after himself and Ratrik for his protection, then hustles back to the lobby with a balance of speed and stealth so he can get to the crew quarters without any incidents. Hopefully.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 05:11:07 am by SeriousConcentrate »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 58