Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 58

Author Topic: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 51  (Read 86951 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 33
« Reply #585 on: January 15, 2012, 05:30:18 am »

Kaviv lapsed into silence, quietly digesting what 971 had said. He knew he didn't want to 'get out', but then he hadn't even seen any action yet, had he? Was fighting for the Revolution as glorious as his family, his uncles and father, his siblings and cousins, had made it out to be? What if he ended up like Cousin Yabid, who ended up getting riddled with bullets, set on fire and--
He shook his head and pushed these thoughts aside, deciding the whole thing was just nervousness. He'd be fine. 971 was probably just teasing him, anyway.

Waitin' on Riccto. In the meantime, err, share your thoughts about the game?
Hey, I'm liking it! Kaviv hasn't seen any excitement yet, but it's entertaining just playing him.  Reading through the RtD, though, it seems to be pretty well-done, with a good mix of action, descriptions, ('Fluff', if you like) and plot stuff. :) Sure, sometimes it doesn't update in a while, but I'm probably just impatient... And really, I'm not the one to talk about slow updates. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: January 15, 2012, 05:31:58 am »

Share your thoughts about the game?
Lurking on it  :P . Great so far!

Edit: Officially posting to watch.

Spartan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: January 15, 2012, 02:03:27 pm »

share your thoughts about the game?
Really good so far.
@ Spartan - For some reason I am imaging you as Master Chief sitting at a computer drinking tea, and eating cookies. I don't know why

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: January 15, 2012, 06:56:30 pm »

It's been an excellent read so far. Sadly, my creative role-play juices have been running a bit low for the last six months or so, but hopefully I'll be able to post up fluff regarding Loria sooner or later.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: January 15, 2012, 07:19:51 pm »

Where's Gaosaron when we need him?

We need a three thumbs up :I
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: January 15, 2012, 07:35:07 pm »

Your Gaosaron is on a different planet. :I My only problem with it - and this is on my end - is I keep forgetting what it is I'm trying to do. :X
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: January 15, 2012, 08:47:44 pm »

I'm enjoying it.  Hope I still get to completely destabilize the planet and become gloriously notorious!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: January 15, 2012, 09:26:25 pm »

Baruc curses his lack of funding. If only the Scorekeepers points were currency. He would be a wealthy man indeed. But he just waits for the info to finish downloading
Raggle Fraggle

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: January 21, 2012, 05:58:15 am »

Akhain Gazhorn
"Uhh... Can I get evidence of his death, then? I do have to report to the republic, still..." Akhain looked pointedly at Jinan, as if to say 'Well duh'

[6] - 'Umm... right, sorry.' Jinan says, going slightly red. 'I can cook up some material for you and send them over when they're ready. I'll put in a DNA sample if you think they'll buy it.'

'Was there anything else you needed? I have to be at the equator in a bit so unless you want to tag along, you might want to get off the ship.'

Spoiler: Talarion (click to show/hide)

Systar
Shit.

Go stab the little bastard in the back for putting a hole in me, then hang back.  If a group of more than 2 comes, use another gravity trap on them and stab away.  Otherwise, start shooting them with the pistol.  If no one comes, move in, following previous strategy.

[3] - It takes way too much time and Systar's strenght to stand back up, but when he does, [Dodge:3-2=1] the ganger is dead. [Damage:18+12=30] The blade burns right through his neck and his head goes rolling to the right, while his body slumps down onto the left. A millisecond after that moment, Systar's blade goes silent and fizzles out, the corporate-enforced small energy pack running out. He drops the dead weapon and prepares a Gravity Trap for the ganger's friends.

[6] He's in luck - only a single ganger appears in the doorway, brandishing a rusty Widowmaker. He screams in alarm when he sees the body, [3] but Systar has already switched to his Revolver and pulls the trigger. [Dodge:6-2=4] There's a resounding boom as the heavy pistol fires and a explosion of brick and plaster as it blows apart a chunk of wall beside the new ganger. [4+1=5] His reaction is immediate and his shotgun kicks and fires, spraying shells [Dodge:4+2=6] over Systar's head and into the wall. He rolls away as the ganger [6+1=6] fires again, [Dodge:2+2=4] another blind shot going to waste.

[6] Systar goes for another shot, [Dodge:3-2=1][Damage:22+11=33] and sprays his opponent over the church wall, which he hopes does not count as damage.

[3] A burst of automatic fire races out of the open back door and impacts on the opposite wall. Systar hears a voice call out something, which his visor quickly translates.

'Toss a grenade out there! Smoke this fucker out!'

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Gaosaron
Gao grumbled. "Damn little bastard... I'll handle him, you see if this guy is still alive." Gaosaron, his two lower left arms pressed to his wounds, dove towards the table to drag the little alien out and introduce him to the business end of his mechanical blade.

[1] - Gaosaron reaches out under the table to grab a hold of the little alien, forgetting the scalpel in its hands. [2+3=5][Dodge:2] The blade swings out, cuts into his palm and [Damage:6] draws blood. Gao jerks back, [5+1=6] but Tarur is ready and [Dodge:1][Damage:9+15=24] reduces the floor under the table into rubble with one blast of his Flechette Shotgun. The alien is turned into red mist alongside it. The creature dealt with, they turn their attentions to the man on the table.

[3] His eyes are shut and he's biting his wavering lip, breathing heavily. He doesn't seem to have reacted much to the firefight around him, except to stop screaming.

His stomach is cut open and reeking like a charnelhouse. He's in no condition to move on his own even if that's closed up again. Ratrik bends over and begins talking, but doesn't get further than a few words when his eyes snap open and he lets out a deep, rumbling noise that could just as well be laughter as his last words. He goes silent again, and just as they've given all hope of him ever speaking again, he continues.

'T...took your fucking time.' the alien manages, his words mixed in with a worrying gurgling sound. 'Now either get a m...medical team in here, or put me out of my fucking misery. Don't you dare just stand there.'

Allies

Spoiler: Tarur Ratrik (click to show/hide)

---

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)

Subject 971 and Kaviv Otoli
Action: Follow the gangers at a comfortable pace-if they're rushing, they're not paying attention to us.
Kaviv follows along with 971, filling him in on what he learnt of the gang in an attempt to change the subject.

[6] - The pair of hunters follow the pair of gangers at a comfortable pace as they hurry back down the street and towards the Industrial District. They seem to know where they're going and at a few points 971 almost loses them from sight. They're joined by several other gangers in the same colours after a while after they enter the heart of the Gutter Hounds' turf, easily recognizable by a hundred different graffitis and symbols torn into the walls of buildings and signs.

971 and Kaviv stick out quite a bit in this new area, inhabited mostly by poor souls huddling around makeshift fires and moving respectfully from the way of any gangers that pass. The smell gets worse as they move further in as well, fuel and industrial vapors mixing in with the wet, dusty reek of the rotting tenements that make up the block as well as the myriad stenches of people. The factories loom gigantic in the horizons all around them, casting the neighbourhood in eternal shadow.

The hunters cannot follow the gangers forever, and 971 calls them to a stop when the pair - now a group - slips inside a perimeter of nervous, armed gangers who after a while follow them inside an old factory hall, obviously abandoned for years.

[3] 971 performs a quick scan of remaining guards and possible entrances. Lone guards are positioned at both front doors on this side, with a third patrolling the metal walkway built into the side of the upper floor of the hall with a heavy Golgo machinegun. Behind a metal fence on the right is a ladder up to the walkway. There are probably other doors on the other side of the hall, though it's impossible to tell if they're better guarded or not.

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Yoink (click to show/hide)

Barauc
Baruc curses his lack of funding. If only the Scorekeepers points were currency. He would be a wealthy man indeed. But he just waits for the info to finish downloading

[5] - The files download quickly enough, and soon Barauc has in his hands the layout of the entire precinct house and all its entrances and ways. The best route in looks to be the maintenance entrance, if he can deal with the lock without causing an alarm. Disguing himself and just walking in through the front doors could also work, if his story and props were believable enough. Then there are various ways in through the roof and windows, best for an all-out attack approach.

Of course, the best way to take him out would be by Railgun. His room doesn't have a window, but Barauc could wait for him to come to any other window open to the surrounding rooftops, perhaps even placing cameras for a little extra cash so he'll always know if the chief comes to a window.

Spoiler: Riccto (click to show/hide)

Loria
Loria thought for a few minutes. If I wait until they leave I might miss out on an important meeting. If I go in after they're asleep I run the risk of being found. Either way there's an element of risk. Well, what the hell, go big or go home, right? Having made up her mind she tries to find a concealed corner where she can watch the doors and wait for the residents to fall asleep. Once they are asleep she'll slip in, search for any clues in their apartment and slip out. Hopefully without being detected...

[2] - Loria moves aside and waits and waits for the sounds of the apartment to die down. She waits long into the night, checking the Navigator Package every now and then on thermal, but the trio doesn't seem to have any intention of going to sleep. [4] A good hour in, bored and tired out of her mind, the door suddenly opens and Roskank and Anthony walk out, chatting idly. Loria moves around the corner and listens to them go. They head downstairs towards the exit.

Loria isn't sure how to proceed. She could follow them, or now that they've left, enter the apartment. The bodyguard doesn't seem to be with them, oddly enough. She doubts he'd left them alone on his own free will, so he's probably still inside.

Spoiler: Theodolus (click to show/hide)
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 34
« Reply #594 on: January 21, 2012, 07:13:43 am »

"That is all I need... You have my thanks, Jinan." Ask Jinan to drop me off somewhere relevant.

I apologise about my vague response, I'm not in a good state of mind  at the moment, but I thought I'd post so you know vaguely what I want to do if I dissapear for a bit.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: January 21, 2012, 11:25:09 am »

"Sorry, no medical team is coming," Gao said, wincing through his wounds as he put his weapons away. "Ratrik, secure the area." He turned back to the man. "I'm Gaosaron el-Anaula Ra'Vantahin, this is Tarur Ratrik. We were sent to find out what had happened here." He looked around for some medical supplies. "Can you tell me anything?" he asked. If he found some medical supplies, he would try to patch the man up, then tend to his own wounds.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: January 21, 2012, 11:39:24 am »

Kaviv was seriously on-edge as he stood there beside 971. Perhaps he didn't spot the various armed guards his companion did, but he'd seen enough on their way in to know this was one rough neighbourhood.
He'd always hated selling kebabs in this kinda place, and that was when he'd had his cart to hide behind, and his status as a food vendor to at least convince people to leave some life in his mangled body once they were finished robbing him. This time, he was standing here, weapons strapped to him, in the company of a known, elite bounty hunter, no cart to hide behind and certainly not a kebab in sight.
He ran a hand nervously along the strap of his shotgun, trying to calm his nerves and keep his fear from showing outwardly. "So, I, uh, guess that's the place, over there?" He mumbled, nodding towards the building before casting an anxious glance about the area. "Their, um... Base."
Kaviv took a deep breath and waited nervously for 971's lead, trying to stay out of sight and unnoticed by any of this area's unsavoury occupants.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: January 21, 2012, 03:49:09 pm »

Head to the police station. Look at it with your own eyes and see if there is anything else the info missed
Raggle Fraggle

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: January 21, 2012, 10:25:43 pm »

Grenade me? Not on my watch.

Wait a second to ensure the doorway is clear of fire.  If so, dart in and get to a safe spot before opening fire.  If the door's too hot, dodge down the alley and pick them off as they come out.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: January 22, 2012, 06:44:33 am »

971 didn't like the looks of this...machine guns? They were carrying machine guns now?

He spoke quietly.

"We need to get rid of the Overwatch up there, the guy with the Golgo. Quietly. Keep out of sight Kaviv, but get ready to fight. If you hear gunfire or shouting, then the game is up...if that happens, they'll probably pile out of the front door, and we can catch them between you down low and me up high, on the walkway."

Action: 971 circles around the building, trying to find a way to climb up onto the walk way without being seen. Once he gets there, try to stealth kill the machine gun guy from behind with the thermal blade.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 58