Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 58

Author Topic: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 51  (Read 86866 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 29
« Reply #525 on: December 03, 2011, 03:02:31 pm »

Durr, I wrote the update up to Riccto before I realized he hadn't actually posted. Oh well, I'll just continue where I left off when he does. Nothing much happened anyhow - even Kaviv managed to get those two beers!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: December 03, 2011, 04:19:27 pm »

Baruc attempts to call up his informant and see what je can learn about the other chief[\b]
Raggle Fraggle

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: December 03, 2011, 08:59:19 pm »

This RTD has been going for nearly half a year.

Just sayin'.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: December 04, 2011, 03:59:29 am »

This RTD has been going for nearly half a year.

Just sayin'.

And I'm still only at 29 updates. There are plenty of RTDs that have lasted much, much longer.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: December 04, 2011, 04:13:27 am »

I know. Like Serious' CvRTD, 10 months now, I think. Or so. Dev22 and Multiworld Madness also would count, though I'm not too sure how long they've both lasted. Oh, and Zealots and Demons... But yeah.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: December 04, 2011, 04:28:01 am »

At the risk of sounding defensive, updates for this thing usually take several hours whatwith all the stat-changing/ammo-updating/etc, mechanics and maths and writing each player their own story.

But whatever, 30th update coming straight up. Partyyyyyyyy!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: December 04, 2011, 04:45:45 am »

Akhain Gazhorn
"I believe they were constantly being emitted. I certainly didn't notice a halt in their progress..." Akhain said wearily, passing a hand over his eyes. A smidgeon of his alien accent began to creep into his voice, showing how tired he was. "It was... close to medium range, I think. Enough to permeate to all of his followers while he was making a speech, I believe." He shook his head slightly, to try and clear it a bit. He was speaking in 'Maybe's' and 'I think's', and that just wasn't professional. "Now, that's something I can answer with certainty. The pheromones were... incredibly hard to resist. Every time I thought against him, every time he spoke, I felt the feeling of love, euphoria and.. pacifism... enter my mind. Everything was blank, warm... I thought of him as a loving mentor, I wondered why I would want to lay a hand on him, let alone kill him. To be honest, I still feel a small pang, the effect wearing off still, I think. That's all I know about them, though." Akhain selected a piece of fruit, biting into it slowly and letting the juice slide down his throat. "What next?"

Continue with the report.

[4] - The human pilot listens to Akhain's report, nodding every now and then to acknowledge she's heard him. She doesn't seem to be writing it down anywhere, but Akhain guesses she just relies on her memory or an implant.

'That should wear off soon.' she assures at the last part. 'What's next, indeed?'

Jinan briefly drums her fingers on the table. 'Well, we could always use any extra intel on the cathedral-complex and Kosh's defenses. From the sound of it, they're not going to stop being a problem for the Republic just because he's dead. It's not really that important, though. I think we're done here.'

She takes another bite of the bread, gnaws it down and swallows. [6] 'Oh, by the way, good news - the higher-ups have decided to pay you for this mission after all, even though this wasn't strictly our operation. They're grateful you brought the body along to us. We'll also compensate you for your lost gear - or you can check you what I have in the back, if you wish. It's either-or.'

Then she taps the side of her skull lightly. 'If there's anything else you need to ask, just use these things. I'm gonna take a shower. Don't break anything while I'm gone.'

Spoiler: Talarion (click to show/hide)

Systar
Right, right... don't hurt the church.  Suits me- high explosives usually aren't my thing anyway.  Hope they don't mind blood on the floor, though...

Go stake out the church, determining the location and number of gangers, and checking for any sentries they have.

[3] - Systar dresses up and heads out, catching a cab from the hotel entrance. It's located on the border of the so-called MoHan and Industrial Districts, hidden behind a mass of run-down storefronts and bars. An odd place for a church, but in those days they didn't really have a choice. The taxi drops him off a block or so away. [1] Systar begins to look for a high-up place to survey the scene from, but doesn't get to take a single step before he hears a soft crash and a curse from the adjourning alleyway.

Three shapes emerge from a building doorway, carrying various cheap ganger-trash guns. From the way they carry themselves and the way they're armed it's obvious they're gangers, maybe even members of the one he's come here to put down. The only human in the group can't be older than fifteen.

'Got ourselves a little tourist from the big towers, ehh? Why don't we ask him to give a few coins to us beggars, ehh?' the lead one croaks, stepping closer. They don't appear to have noticed Systar is much better equipped than your average visitor.

[4] Two of them carry Widowmaker Shotguns, and the third has a big butcher's knife.

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Gaosaron
Gao turned off his translation for the moment and emitted a long string of buzzing noises. "Szzassiaazaasz!!! Zazssszza!!!" Had any others of his race been standing around, they would be giving him odd looks for such blasphemy as he turned it back on. "Kill them!" he yelled as he opened fire with his shotgun.

[4] - Gao spends a moment wishing he could turn off Ratrik's translator and then unleashes a terrifying series of curses which admittedly don't make much sense to his partner, who decides to instead use the chance to actually fire at the thing. [6][Dodge:1] He downs the alien in one try with his Flechette Shotgun, sending him sprawling to the ground on top of the construct's body. [Damage:36+15=51] His torso comes apart from the direct hit, practically disappearing before their eyes as the shredder shards do their grisly work, cutting bone and flesh with the same speed and efficiency.

[6] Working as quickly as they can, they drag the alien's body inside the lab in case the earlier patrol returns and recognizes him. Then they go check the adjourning corridors, but nobody seems to have heard the shotgun's relatively silent discharge. They're free to continue deeper into the testing chambers.

Allies

Spoiler: Tarur Ratrik (click to show/hide)

---

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)

Subject 971 and Kaviv Otoli
Action: Try and Defuse the situation, and reassume the watch.
Do as 971 said and track down a pair of beers for effect, desperately trying to look casual and not like some small-time kebab-vendor-turned-revolutionary-bounty-hunter with a shotgun, taking them back to continue watching from the window as planned.

[6] - 971's intervention is quick, reassuring and believable enough for someone with her head full of drugs. The girl allows herself to be pulled back up.

'Oh, uhh... okay.' she says, blinking hard. She smiles weakly at the younger bounty hunter. 'Sorry, I'm still a bit messed up from the sans. I think I'm going to lay down for a bit.'

True to her word, she closes her eyes and drops onto a chair, curling to her side and making little humming noises. Kaviv stares at her for a few moments before heading to get the beers like 971 ordered. Moving through the crowd is by no means an easy task for him, but he retrieves two bottles from the side without any further trouble. They seem drinkable to humans, but he has no intention of disobeying 971's orders. Everybody else seems to be too focused on the party to pay any attention to the noticeable shotgun sticking out from under his coat.

When he returns, though, 971 is gone, back at the window, and the girl has regained her senses. Kaviv looks at her for a little too long and she seems to take this as a signal to talk - and also that the beer is for her.

'Oh, thanks.' she says as she takes it from Kaviv before he can object. 'Who did you say you were again? Are you two friends of Hanna? He looked pretty familiar.'

[3] 971 keeps his eyes on the street, hoping he didn't miss anything while he was getting Kaviv out of trouble. He can make out the storeowner's worried face in the window, looking towards the end of the street. There's little people moving about at this time of the day, which both makes it harder to follow the gangers without being spotted and decreases the chance of innocents getting hurt. Though if these gangers continue like this, the bounty hunters will die of old age before anyone comes around.

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Yoink (click to show/hide)

Barauc
Baruc attempts to call up his informant and see what je can learn about the other chief[\b]

[4] - Barauc puts out the call for any intel on Alsas. A few responses come back immediately, demanding a few thousand for info that could be found by skimming through his public files. An hour passes before anything worthwhile comes up - [4] 1000¤ for a comprehensive packet of data, including his usual daily routines and the locations of his apartment and precinct house. It might be a little bit overkill to learn all that, but if he wants this op to go as smoothly as the last...

Spoiler: Riccto (click to show/hide)

Loria
Loria struggles back to her feet, and does a quick scan of the room discreetly noting the bodyguard and the couple she's watching to make sure they haven't slipped out during her momentary interruption. If they're still in place she'll alter her plan and take a seat at the bar (ordering a fruity drink of some sort, but not actually drinking any of it), and watch them from there. If they're gone, or she can't spot them she'll head for the exit as fast as possible.

[2] - Frustrated and getting tired of this place, Loria makes her way to a corner of the large space and tries to scan the room for her targets. A thorough survey doesn't bring up the pair from the dancing crowd, [2] and the bodyguard isn't anywhere to be seen either. Damnit.

[2] Loria begins heading for the exit, skirting the edge of the crowd, but even so, she's slowed down several times and when she finally gets outside, her targets are gone. She immediately activates her Uplink Package, waiting patiently for the satellites to focus. It provides her with a good aerial view of the street.

[6] There are dozens of people in the area - but only one group of three, striding down the street towards the south. Hoping her luck is finally returning, Loria rushes after them, running as fast as her feet can carry her. The implant tells her they've turned around the corner directly to her right and she stops, peering in.

[6] And it's them. Anthony and Roskank are walking hand in hand, supporting eachother. The bodyguard trails after them, glancing back every now and then. Loria gets out of view just in time.

There are no hiding places in the alleyway, and if she follows them normally she risks the bodyguard recognizing her. Of course, she could just follow them with the Navigator and hope they don't move too fast for her to trail behind.

Spoiler: Theodolus (click to show/hide)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 30
« Reply #532 on: December 04, 2011, 05:03:56 am »

Akhain nodded at Jinan's final statement. "Will do..." He then stood up, and walked out, heading to (What he thought was) the armory, or storage, or 'the back'; The place where he could get some gear.

Go check out the gear in 'The back'

What more do you need?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: December 04, 2011, 05:31:25 am »

971 didn't have a drink, and he noticed a few odd, maybe hostile stares beginning to be cast in his direction-but most of them were in too much of a good mood to confront him, for now. He helpfully snagged an empty bottle from the outstretched hand of someone standing near him. There, relax.

Then he noticed the girl had latched onto Kaviv once again. She was a clingy one, wasn't she...and probably attractive in a human sense. This wasn't the time, though-and 971 would bash the young bounty hunters head in if the took advantage of her in this state.But, it couldn't be helped. If 971 tried to step in again, he would be seen not as a friend helping a friend like before, but for what he was-an intruder, trying to keep a low profile. Even these zoned out freaks would sense that. And, they would pounce on an outsider-he knew that too.

He had spotted the usual assortment of people, mildly happy under the effect of kiddie stuff like Sans, Hap-pills, Talathrax and Blue-Rayz....

...and he had seen a few others, nostrils flared, eyes angry and scared, with red and orange milky discharges from their sinuses-probably those who preferred Horka Dust, Blackadder, King Chip, Bullion, Devils Bone or Necrogeddon. That shit turned people into monsters, looking for lunch.

So, he kept his eye on the street. The boy was going to have to learn some things on his own. If it was him, he would have murmured something indistinct-and then took her dancing or something.

She wasn't trying to grill him, just have fun-her state merely made her curious and suggestable. It wasn't hard to deflect someones interest in that state, but you had to be careful what you said and did, since they were unpredictable.

Action: Keep an eye on the street. Let Kaviv sink or swim!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 05:33:33 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: December 04, 2011, 05:34:38 am »

I just realised, I've been in the same mission for... well, 90% of the game. And for about half of the game I wasn't even at the site of the mission...

What more do you need?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: December 04, 2011, 05:50:54 am »

Well, I've only done 1 mission as well-and a really frakked up bonus mission where I almost died.

RTD's are slow. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: December 04, 2011, 07:13:39 am »

Indeed. Too true. Absolutely correct. Insert other vaguely positive statements here.

You get the drift.

What more do you need?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: December 04, 2011, 07:42:24 am »

Ahh, Dwarmin, have I mentioned that I love you? You just do all the world-building for me, I can just basically lean back and relax. Keep it coming!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: December 04, 2011, 08:13:01 am »

I mostly do it for you to bring the lulz upon other players. and myself.

[1] Oh no! A bunch of psychotic Necrogeddon junkies begin pouring out of the community center! Your bullets have no effect on their drug crazed forms! They keep chanting "NECCCRO! NECCCRO!"

When I see that, I am vindicated.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: December 04, 2011, 12:03:05 pm »

Baruc sighs which sounds like a low hiss through his rebreather as he prepares to send payment for the packet of Data, he also looks up a page of implants.
Raggle Fraggle
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 58