Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 58

Author Topic: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 51  (Read 86837 times)

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 28
« Reply #510 on: October 26, 2011, 09:23:55 am »

Loria breathed out at a steady pace, calming her nerves. This isn't the time to be getting jittery like some first year cadet! Still, she wasn't getting any good information by just sitting here and she wasn't exactly dressed to be out on the floor dancing. Her mind made up, she headed out of the club. Scouting around, she found an adequate place to watch the entrance to the club and settled down there, waiting for the targets to emerge.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: November 02, 2011, 07:39:25 am »

Kaviv nervously licked his dry lips. His eyes darted from the apartment door ahead, to 971 and back again.
"D-do you think they're the, er, gangsters?" He says in a hoarse whisper, uncertainly fiddling with the strap holding his shotgun close to his body.
"Probably not. Stow your guns, lets try to get in here without any trouble."

971 put his weapons out of sight and knocked on the door. If it opened and looked liked gangers, he would have said...

"My man! Sorry we're late. Brass caught us on making nails, you know? Where's chigger? He said I was good to come here. Chigger, right? Tall guy, Green hair..."

and such and such assorted street talk and lies.

Action: Charm my way into the party to get a good look on the street.

OOC: Ahh, I knew I was forgetting something. You should have just passed me up... >_>
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: November 02, 2011, 07:43:22 am »

I haven't had time to update, but thanks anyhow. An update will come at some vague point in space and time.

The door is open, though, but I'll take that as 'if they ask who we are' or similar. The Hero of the Revolution trying to charm his way may have a penalty for celebrity-ness, though.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: November 30, 2011, 02:51:22 am »

Methinks this deserves a bump...
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: November 30, 2011, 07:00:48 am »

Methinks this deserves an update!

...in a bit.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: November 30, 2011, 07:09:42 am »

Don't procrastinate too long. I enjoyed this one :P would be a shame if you let it die off.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: November 30, 2011, 09:15:40 am »

Civilizations might fall, mountains might crumble, history turn to myth, myth turn into half-forgotten legend, endless aeons pass and turn to dust, but I forgot the point I was making. Rest assured it had something to do wth this game not dying.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: December 01, 2011, 12:10:32 pm »

Akhain Gazhorn
"I'd prefer rest, right now. Thanks for the help, Jinan."

Akhain smiled slightly before going off to rest. He would go over the mission later.

[3] - Jinan insists on a thorough application of first aid, and Akhain is too weary to resist. An eternity seems to pass before the pilot allows him to find a nice cushioned spot in the passenger space for himself and lie down. The aftermath of the drug load jammed into his brain tries to keep Akhain awake forever, but eventually he drifts off to sweet, merciful sleep.

His dreams are abrupt and disconcerting, random series of lights and bright colours brought about by his chemical-addled brain.

[6] He awakes - as his visor is quick to tell him - seven hours later. From the abscence of engine-roar and the slight shaking of an in-transit vehicle, he determines they're safely back in the city, and the noise of traffic from outside seems to confirm this. He makes his way up and hears Jinan call from the adjourning room. He finds her idly munching on a slice of bread while writing something down in a clipboard. She looks up and gestures Akhain to take a seat as he approaches.

'So,' she starts, 'help yourself to the food. You must be starving. In the meantime, I'm gonna go over the mission with you.'

'First of all - talking your way in like that - brilliant, if a bit too risky. Upstairs doesn't like me using the ship guns, but you couldn't have known about the pheromones. Speaking of those - can you tell us how they worked? Was he constantly emitting them, or was did he trigger it personally? What was the effective range of those things? How easy was it for you to resist?'

Spoiler: Talarion (click to show/hide)

Systar
Take the priest's mission, and get details.  From my room inventory, check on how many Zuche 20 Shock Mines and Railgun clips I have.

[4] - Systar contacts the priest who put up the job offer and gets the details. The church used to be a Light of Progress hideout, but was abandoned after bigger, flashier churches opened in the Old City after the coup. The tech-head priest had been monitoring the situation from afar and was ready to defend the place, but he found to his horror that the security system had died without proper maintenance. The gangers put an end to whatever remained, and have begun trashing up the holy machines inside. They've apparently chosen it as their new base of operations.

Collateral damage or damage to the church must be avoided at all costs. If Systar is found guilty of destroying church property on purpose, his reward will be severely reduced.

The priest doesn't care if the gangers are simply driven out or killed.

[3] Systar has three Zuche Shock Mines and [5] five shots for his Railgun.

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Gaosaron
Gao shrugged. "All right then, but if we get jumped from behind then this time it'll be my turn to tell you 'I told you so,'" he said, referencing a mission about three years ago. He was sure his partner remembered the incident. In any case, he looked for a place to conceal himself until the little bastards passed, so that the pair of them could continue moving forward afterward without a fight.

'Always you gotta mention that.' Ratrik says as he crouches into cover under a lab table, huddling against a burning-hot mess of water pipes. [3] Gaosaron hides himself nearby as well, hoping the aliens won't come inside the lab to notice him.

Several minutes pass, with the aliens' footsteps getting closer and closer. It's obvious they've found the construct and their dead brethren when the snarling and screeching begins. Running steps tell them they're heading back - and are likely to return, so the pair needs to move fast.

[1] They head back out to the main corridor, thinking the aliens gone - but are immediately spotted by another blue-furred creature that had been poking the construct's body with a medical needle. It lets out a piercing shriek and prepares to charge at them.

Allies

Spoiler: Tarur Ratrik (click to show/hide)

---

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)

Subject 971 and Kaviv Otoli
Kaviv nervously licked his dry lips. His eyes darted from the apartment door ahead, to 971 and back again.
"D-do you think they're the, er, gangsters?" He says in a hoarse whisper, uncertainly fiddling with the strap holding his shotgun close to his body.

Action: Charm my way into the party to get a good look on the street.

[6] - The door is open and nobody's keeping an eye on the corridor, so 971 and Kaviv can walk in without anyone confronting them. They look around at the partygoers, the booming bass of the music threatening to mute them out. They don't seem to be gangers, and the party doesn't seem too rough - alcohol and various mild drugs go around in great quantities, but nothing outright law-breaking seems to be happening.

[2] 971 says something to the younger bounty hunter, who can't make out anything in the noise. He heads through the room and to the large windows. Kaviv realizes he should probably follow, but before he gets two steps forward, someone crashes into him and sends him sprawling onto the lap of a passed-out alien.

Kaviv's fighter's training kick in and he prepares to counter-attack, but quickly realizes his opponent is no ganger. She seems to be a partygoer who's had a little too much to drink, smiling weakly at Kaviv from the floor. Her eyes wander across his gear and she frowns.

'Err... hi, I think.' she manages. 'You're not a cop, are you?'

[5] At the dirty window, 971 surveys the street below. The store is well in sight from it. [3] No gangers visible, atleast just yet. He should've asked for a more specific time estimate from the storeowner.

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Yoink (click to show/hide)

Barauc
The Scorekeeper will be pleased by the clean kill. Sadly there is no time to take a trophy, the credits will do.
Action : Escape, Quickly and Efficiently through the construction yard.

[6] - Barauc slips down from the platforms and leaves, quickly and calmly, before anyone can even get close. By the time the cops figure out where the shot came from, he's long gone, going home by the longer route. He lets his employer know of the first kill, and receives congratulations in return.

Back at his apartment, he looks at the next two targets. [5] A quick search reveals Tegarr has become the spotlight of the media, so taking him out now might not be the easiest task - though it'd bring him a lot of fame in these circles as well, and no doubt extra points in the eyes of the Scorekeeper. The other chief seems like an easier target. His house should be easy enough to access, in the Old District.

Spoiler: Riccto (click to show/hide)

Loria
Loria breathed out at a steady pace, calming her nerves. This isn't the time to be getting jittery like some first year cadet! Still, she wasn't getting any good information by just sitting here and she wasn't exactly dressed to be out on the floor dancing. Her mind made up, she headed out of the club. Scouting around, she found an adequate place to watch the entrance to the club and settled down there, waiting for the targets to emerge.

[3] - Loria decides to leave - and immediately spots the bodyguard coming up the stairs. There's no time to hide, but, as it turns out, no need to either. The bodyguard walks up to the bar desk and orders a drink, heading down the lenght of the balcony after getting it. It seems he's watching the pair from afar as well. Loria's visor notes several modified implants under his bulk, as well as a Zuche Railgun and a pair of silenced coilgun pistols.

[3] No reason to stay around him for any longer than necessary. Loria heads down the stairs and into the crowd, heading for a table near the entrance. She ends up getting pushed around and towards the sides again, and [1] it's just worse than last time, and she gets several elbows to the face that manage to reboot his visor twice. As she tries to get away to the side, another push sends her crashing down - again. She hopes the bodyguard didn't spot her.

She has no idea if the pair is still dancing, and the momentarily disorientation from the repeated blows makes it hard to tell which way the entrance is.

Spoiler: Theodolus (click to show/hide)

---

Aww, I wanted to use 971's awesome street jargon. Damn those sixes.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 29
« Reply #518 on: December 01, 2011, 12:32:15 pm »

Gao turned off his translation for the moment and emitted a long string of buzzing noises. "Szzassiaazaasz!!! Zazssszza!!!" Had any others of his race been standing around, they would be giving him odd looks for such blasphemy as he turned it back on. "Kill them!" he yelled as he opened fire with his shotgun.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: December 01, 2011, 01:49:14 pm »

Hooray it's back! :)

Loria struggles back to her feet, and does a quick scan of the room discreetly noting the bodyguard and the couple she's watching to make sure they haven't slipped out during her momentary interruption. If they're still in place she'll alter her plan and take a seat at the bar (ordering a fruity drink of some sort, but not actually drinking any of it), and watch them from there. If they're gone, or she can't spot them she'll head for the exit as fast as possible.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: December 01, 2011, 03:30:55 pm »

971 looked back at Kaviv, who was close to earning some bad attention...over the din, he could almost make out the one word he didn't want to hear...in these sort of parties, the word 'cop' spread faster than wildfire. Next came the shouting, and the running, and maybe the guns being drawn, if this party attracted that kind of person...

He went and helped the female party goer up off the floor.

He tried to remember the awkward street accent he used.

"Nah, lovey-we're no brass, just some guys, lookin' for a good time. That gun is for show...not even loaded. We wouldn't want to hurt nobody. 'Specially not somebody as pretty as you. Ah, you aint hurt, are ya? My buddy, he's real sorry for bumping into you. Aint ya, Kavi?

You know, why don't you go sit down for a bit on the couch, and rest ya head. You seem a little dizzy.

Don't worry, we'll keep the party going for ya-my buddy here, he's an excellent dancer, and a gentleman. He'll treat you like a lady ought to be treated, when you're feeling a little better."

After the woman (hopefully) stumbles away, 971 leaned up and whispered into Kavivs ear inbetween one of the songs
"We're on a job right now, so try not to pick up anyone else, all right? Time for fun later. Also, go get us some beers-not to drink, just so we look like natural, all right? Good man."

971 took stock of the party at that time, and those particular species that had the want and capability to link with someone like him seemed sadly absent. So, no game for anyone.

Action: Try and Defuse the situation, and reassume the watch.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: December 01, 2011, 03:33:25 pm »

Woo!

Right, right... don't hurt the church.  Suits me- high explosives usually aren't my thing anyway.  Hope they don't mind blood on the floor, though...

Go stake out the church, determining the location and number of gangers, and checking for any sentries they have.

That loadout I have seems to be my perfect setup for all my missions.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Spartan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: December 01, 2011, 04:37:00 pm »

Name: Kentus Silon
Appearance: A 7ft tall bipedal Ape like creature. He has white fur and large bulky muscles.
Background: Foreign Mercenary
Starting Implant: AugeanTech LightningBolt Pack
History (optional): Kentus comes from a race of savages.They had reached space faring technology many years in the past only to destroy themselves in a massive civil war leaving their home planet in a nuclear winter. Having to adapt even further then their mighty bodies already had Kentus's race grew to be some of the most feared and rare species in the galaxy. Kentus himself is a relatively young member of his species,seeking to bring fear into the hearts of many at the very mention of his name.
@ Spartan - For some reason I am imaging you as Master Chief sitting at a computer drinking tea, and eating cookies. I don't know why

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: December 02, 2011, 04:34:27 am »

"I believe they were constantly being emitted. I certainly didn't notice a halt in their progress..." Akhain said wearily, passing a hand over his eyes. A smidgeon of his alien accent began to creep into his voice, showing how tired he was. "It was... close to medium range, I think. Enough to permeate to all of his followers while he was making a speech, I believe." He shook his head slightly, to try and clear it a bit. He was speaking in 'Maybe's' and 'I think's', and that just wasn't professional. "Now, that's something I can answer with certainty. The pheromones were... incredibly hard to resist. Every time I thought against him, every time he spoke, I felt the feeling of love, euphoria and.. pacifism... enter my mind. Everything was blank, warm... I thought of him as a loving mentor, I wondered why I would want to lay a hand on him, let alone kill him. To be honest, I still feel a small pang, the effect wearing off still, I think. That's all I know about them, though." Akhain selected a piece of fruit, biting into it slowly and letting the juice slide down his throat. "What next?"

Continue with the report.

What more do you need?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: December 02, 2011, 05:03:58 am »

Kaviv, rather bewildered by the behaviour of this (rather lovely) female, flapped his mouth uselessly for a moment or two, and had just opened his mouth to speak glowing praise for the Revolution- and his brave involvement in it- when 971 interposed himself.
"My buddy, he's real sorry for bumping into you. Aint ya, Kavi?"
Kaviv simply nodded, dumbly, desperately trying to get in synch with whatever plan his heroic companion was acting out.
'Agh,' he thought, 'We have only just walked in here and already I'm making a fool of myself! I'm not sure why 971's putting on that accent, but I'm guessing he has a reason...'
He endeavoured to look casual as he stood by 971, occasionally nodding his head quickly in agreement at what was said. Though of course, his various weapons and equipment, not to mention his poorly-hidden worry made 'casual' a remote goal.

He heaved a mighty sigh of relief as the woman (hopefully) stumbled off, and looked to his companion for any helpful instructions--
"We're on a job right now, so try not to pick up anyone else, all right? Time for fun later. Also, go get us some beers-not to drink, just so we look like natural, all right? Good man."
"I-I wasn't-- I mean, she-- I'm not--" He trailed off, grimacing with resignation. This was not going well. 'Pick your battles,' he decided, 'At least he thinks you're some kind of typical party-going type, and not the bumbling idiot you're really turning out to be...'
He simply nodded at 971's words, glad to have some sort of task. Carrying his shotgun sort of... Behind his back in an attempt to appear inconspicuous, he headed through the party to the nearest fridge/bar/esky/cooler, trying for a friendly, casual (hopefully with more success this time) smile to anyone looking in his direction.

Do as 971 said and track down a pair of beers for effect, desperately trying to look casual and not like some small-time kebab-vendor-turned-revolutionary-bounty-hunter with a shotgun, taking them back to continue watching from the window as planned.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 58