Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 58

Author Topic: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 51  (Read 86764 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 25
« Reply #465 on: October 05, 2011, 09:31:58 am »

"Hmm... if my future's on the line for this mission, I'll have to spare no expense.  Time to call in the big guns.  Hopefully, I can get a good rate."

Contact this Calamien and try to get a good rate.

Normally, I'd go for the 2k deal, but if I'm looking at prison for failing...

I need that cash to buy stuff for the big mission!  (Which I'm still planning to attempt if at all possible.  I assuming I have 4 days left before the big meeting- right, DH?)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 05, 2011, 09:48:52 am »

Time in this game is very... flexible. Four days could take five turns or fifty, so don't even try to keep track.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: October 05, 2011, 09:49:52 am »

971 scratched his chin. The VR thing was easy money...he could probably get that done by this afternoon-he sent a PM to the recruiter asking how much of his time this would take. 971 held off on accepting right away though-he wanted to do one more thing.

He had seen another message, way at the bottom-apprently, Kaviv Otoli had finally gone into business for himself. It was good to see another honest man join the game...he penned in a quick message to him

Quote from: PM to Kaviv Otoli from 971
I saw your ad. Nice to see you join the game, brother!

If you're ever interested in working together, just give me a call. I've got some good missions lined up...

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 05, 2011, 10:08:59 am »

Yeah, I was going more on "I slept off escaping that damned judge mission, so that's one day down."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: October 05, 2011, 12:02:15 pm »

Loria shook her head trying to clear it of the various chemicals floating around the air. She tried to find a pocket of fresher air and then took stock of her situation. This place is worse than the warrens! She thought back to her days of scuttling about the warrens in her home city doing third rate work for the Old Regime. Back then they had thought all she was good for was gentle spying and bit of police work. She had showed them her true skills though, and she had to show this PI that she knew what she was doing. Taking a final breath of the marginally cleaner air she headed to the stairs and went for the upper level intention finding this mysterious person. Even in this haste to find him, though, she kept a wary eye out for any trouble.

try to shrug off some of the effects of the drugs floating around and then head upstairs to find the PI. Cautiously.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 07, 2011, 07:02:00 am »

"Hm... Guess Jabik was right about these adverts. Three already..."

When he went back over to the computer he saw a message. Not from his potential employer, but-- He felt a bit of a thrill-- None other than the famed 971 himself! Oh oh wow, his siblings would be so jealous! Him getting a message from a famed hero of the revolution! Overcome with a wave of fanboyism, he sat down and hammered out a reply:
Quote from: PM to 971
Thankyou, brother!
I simply look foward to doing my part for the cause, fighting alongside such brave warriors as yourself! I have an offer to deal with some filthy gang for a shopowner, a trifling job, most likely not worthy of someone of your abilities. But certainly, sometime in the future we could 'team up'! :D

He frowned suddenly. Was he really supposed to tell anyone, even the great 971, exactly what he was doing?!... Shit. Oh well, already clicked send now. He shrugged.
The smileyface he added should make it all better.

Reply to first offer, from the store owner, asking for info, gear up, and send 971 some dorky fanmail.

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: October 07, 2011, 07:05:37 am »

I'm sure you noticed already, but I gave you the same job offer just for the chance for you two to work together. Imagine, you'd be the first players who've actually co-operated in the game! Not that I've given people much chance to do that.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 07, 2011, 07:09:12 am »

That'd be pretty cool. Maybe I wouldn't even die! :o Fancy that!
Also, Kaviv is fun to play. 'Swhy I took so long posting...
Booze is Life for Yoink

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 07, 2011, 08:44:31 am »

Taking bets now on how long it takes for one to backstab the other...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 07, 2011, 09:16:49 am »

971 answered back. Oy, he was excitable wasn't he?  Those Otoli family we're known as clever fighters-with an almost unnatural degree of good luck...he hoped Kaviv still had that.

Compliments aside, I've heard of you too. You and your family did some good work, and it hasn't been forgotten...You were the one who took out the 'Minister of Improper Reading Materials' with a few dozen kabob skewers tied to an explosive canister, right?

Anyway, I was thinking, why not take that job together? I got the same offer myself, and we could use a simple mission together to get to know each other better. Taking out gangers is always a hoot. You'll find the Hero of Revolution still bleeds for the cause.

Granted, we'll have 'deal with them' for the 8K payout, and take it 50/50. Should be pretty easy.

OOC: Rebels stick together! :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: October 07, 2011, 04:35:18 pm »

Kaviv's eyes widened as he read the newly-arrived message. 971 asking him to team up?!
"I... Just..." He took a deep breath, muttered, "Wow!" And then started typing.
'Yes, of course! Really? That sounds great! We should totally team up! But what do I do, exactly? Kinda new to this, and all my Brothers and Sisters have told me about' He paused, frowned and sat back in his chair thoughtfully. "No, that sounds stupid. He might change his mind if I write anything too dumb..."
Chastened by the thought, he quickly tapped away at the backspace key on his human-optimized keyboard and started over.
Quote from: PM to 971
'Well, not me personally of course, that was my sister Galybe, a very quick-thinker. In fact, pretty much all of my older siblings have serves the revolution in some way, I just need to catch up!
Anyway, yes, it could be a good idea to work together, "join forces" and all that. I must admit, though, to being rather new to this stuff, so perhaps it's best if I let you handle the planning this time, okay? I look foward to working with you. I guess we should meet up somewhere and deal with this gang? I've gathered up a fairly decent assortment of equipment, should be plenty, I think.
He smiled and nodded with satisfaction, then leaned back in his chair and waited, still not completely believing these events, for a reply either from the illustrious 971 or from his future employer. He narrowed his eyes suddenly. "This had better not be some... Daydream or something, oh no!" He pinched himself. He didn't wake up. He grinned.
"Wow... 971 teaming up with me, Kaviv Otoli, not any of the others!" He then really did start to daydream for a while, of his and 971's future exploits.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: October 07, 2011, 05:00:21 pm »

Muttered a stream of explicitness as he safely attempted to get up to the next level of the supports
Raggle Fraggle

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: October 08, 2011, 01:38:09 pm »

Let's all speculate whether Akhain becomes the first person to complete what Dwarmin aptly described as 'suicidal schmuck bait missions' while we wait for Talarion to post. He lacks the equipment to take the man alive at range and it's unlikely he'll survive in melee for long enough to knock him out, but a kill is still possible.

Well? Your thoughts?

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: October 08, 2011, 01:50:30 pm »

He should use the POWER OF FRIENDSHIP to overcome his foe. But otherwise yeah. He's dead.
Raggle Fraggle

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: October 08, 2011, 01:52:14 pm »

As long as he keeps Kosh at range, he still has a chance. If he gets into melee/speaking range, Akhain is in trouble.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 58