Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 58

Author Topic: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 51  (Read 86714 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 23
« Reply #450 on: September 25, 2011, 09:19:50 am »

971 smiled back. Two Silvers was a petty thug, and probably a murdereress-but she also knew how to clean a gun, he gave her that. As far as he knew, she never betrayed the rebels either. Her name-her real name-she had cast off long ago. Her Gang name was based on her first kill-she had killed a man, so it was said for just "two silvers". Ganger bull, most likely. Two Silvers never did anything that cheap.

From what he understood, more conventional Humanoids called her a "looker"-nicely proportioned body, bright eyes, well built. 971 didn't know anything about that. She just looked sleek and dangerous to him-like one of those Ancient Earth water predators he had once read about in the lab library, a "Shark".

But in truth-there was something off about her. Maybe a tinge of true, honest madness behind those beguiling blue eyes and pleasing face and body-that smile, always so bright...especially when she had run with the rebels-usually as a gun runner-and sat in on tortures-or executions. Yeah, 971 and Two Silvers had a past...and none of it was good. He'd just as soon forget the darker things he did. She was known to brag about them.

So, he drew his gun on her, and he was ashamed to find it gave him a certain vicious satisfaction to watch those insane, calculating, yet innocent blue eyes drop a shade or two darker.

"Two Silvers, my old friend. I hope you weren't stupid enough to try and come armed...nothing personal, but you've always made my scales crawl. I guess you can take that as a compliment...It's easier if you just put any weapons you have on the table. Then we can both breath easier."

Action: 971 draws down on her with the revolver, and searches her for weapons. Assuming they don't manage to slaughter each other right away, he invites her to the den and gives her the gun-removing the ammunition-for her to clean.

OOC: Note, my actions said to attach the targeting system to the 'clean' gun-it hasn't been cleaned yet. If the crazy ganger chick runs away with my gun or breaks it, I'd probably ask you to undo that :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: September 25, 2011, 10:05:24 am »

Get a Taxi over there and do some scouting himself
Raggle Fraggle

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: September 25, 2011, 11:36:30 pm »

Loria walked around the club casually, looking for alternative entrances. She paid close attention to any receiving areas, and high windows that might be easy to get to.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: September 26, 2011, 07:51:46 am »

Damn you future technology!

Try again on the datacube.  If that doesn't work, check the black market for what intel I can dig up.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: September 30, 2011, 09:01:34 am »

Akhain Gazhorn
Try to resist the compulsion and tell Jinan what's happening.

[4] - Akhain fights desperately for control of his mind. His entire body aches for him to stop, to go back to listening the sermon. [3] Some of the priests and guards at the walls throw curious glances at him. They seem unaffected by the pull of the sermon.

+I cant... he's doing something to me. Pheromones, I... I think. Help.+ Akhain's frail mental message goes through, interrupted several times by his swirling thoughts. Jinan doesn't answer immediately. Akhain can sense a variety of emotions from the other side of the link, somehow.

+Understood. We can't let you get captured. If you can, find cover. Now.+ she finally replies.

[4] Akhain forces his protesting body up and turns towards the wall. Every movement seems to take like an eternity, like wading through thick mud. He's painfully aware of everybody's eyes on him. Kosh interrupts his sermon for a polite question which roots him in place for a few moments. The guards and priests standing near the edges of the chamber begin to approach with varying expressions. Akhain spots the mercenary from earlier with them.

[1] There's a distant thud from above, then another. Dust shakes off the ceiling and falls down on the people below. Coughing erupts all over the chamber, and Akhain joins them, trying to get the stuff out of his body. Kosh has stopped the sermon, and is shouting orders to his guards. Screams come from beyond the chamber's walls, and Akhain picks out the clatter of AA guns.

Then a bunker-buster accelerator round from Jinan's shuttle penetrates through the ceiling and slams into the bench rows, vaporizing a hundred people in the span of a single second.

Akhain watches the weapon enter in a strange state of utter calm. Everything seems to happen in slow-motion, the thick stone of the ceiling cracking and collapsing under the weight of the smart-bomb. There's no time for anyone to utter a shout of warning or even a panicked scream. His eyes follow the missile as it descends towards the floor right in the middle of the bench rows, bringing with it most of the ceiling. Then the world goes white, a wave of heat washing over Akhain. [3] He screams as the shockwave picks him up like a ragdoll and tosses him against the rapidly-collapsing side wall. Splinters of wood and stone cut into him like blades of steel and little fires race up his thighs and armor.

[Damage:33] Though the pain is immense and reaches every fiber of his being, he realizes quickly after his vision returns that he was one of the luckiest people in the room. The center of the chamber is gone, replaced with a vast smoking crater. The people there are nowhere to be seen, and almost all of the few surviving guards and priests seem grievously injured. The ground in the crater bubbles and hisses, cooling quickly in the chamber air.

The bounty hunter doesn't immediately realize why the sunlight flooding in through the collapsed ceiling is so strange, but then it hits him - the fortress had been built into the side of the mountain. Jinan's orbital strikes have just punched a gigantic, gaping hole through the mountain itself.

[3] He looks around for the body of Father Kosh. It's difficult to see in the dust hanging in the air of the chamber, but Gazhorn's visor enchances his eyesight enough for him to see. The platform the Father stood on has been drowned beneath several tonnes of rubble, but his end of the chamber seems relatively intact aside from the wrecked walls. There's a new doorway which he's sure wasn't there before. Looks like the bastard escaped the bombardment. While looking for a safe route across the rubble-strewn chamber, he finally becomes aware of a voice in the back of his head.

+Please, Akhain, I know you're not dead. Talk to me. How badly are you wounded?+

Spoiler: Talarion (click to show/hide)

Systar
Try again on the datacube.  If that doesn't work, check the black market for what intel I can dig up.

[6] - This time, the datacube opens like nothing had ever happened. Systar stares at it for a few moments in disbelief and gets to work. [6] Boka yl Vsiri is immensely rich, the head of the prestigious Majahi family, and suspected of everything ranging from shoplifting to sponsoring interplanetary terrorism all across civilized space. His family had strong ties with the previous regime, but nothing incriminating enough to warrant an arrest. According to the dry notes of whoever composed these documents, he's a hedonist at heart, hosting week-long parties, feasts and orgies in his manor, a walled compound in the heart of the Old District, guarded by [6] run-of-the-mill rent-a-cops and security, who shouldn't pose too much trouble to a professional like him.

Recently, the Republic has received word from a trusted source that Boka's personal datasphere carries detailed information about Boka's dealings against his supporters, who include several planetary governments and big corporations. The bastard was trying to play all sides of the game, and they want to make him pay for it. Unfortunately, getting to this datasphere is proving difficult. The billionaire maintains an intricate network of spies in the government and is believed to possess the names and pictures of every single reliable Republican agent. And due to his many implants, he never forgets a face. That's why they're relying on an off-worlder like Systar.

There are some suggestions for approaches to the task. The government could forge an invitation to one of Boka's parties, or locate one that could be stolen. The man doesn't usually know that much about his guests, so Systar could fit right in. The simpler alternative would be infiltrating the manor while the guards are preoccupied with handling the party. The manor is supposed to have a good security system, but nothing that can't be bypassed.

Mulling over the information in his head, Systar puts the word out on the Black Market that he's looking for any info on Boka. [2] Little comes up - intel on his guards, some useless speculation, a list of his lieutenants in the criminal underworld. Looks like the man keeps his secrets well.

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Gaosaron
The Vantahin thought quickly. Go for the backstab while the alien was distracted or try to work alongside it while they investigated the noise? He didn't have long to choose! ...we already killed his ally, I doubt he would help us. Gaosaron moved to finish the lifeform off with a stab through the back; once it was dead, he would switch back to his shotgun and take point, pausing at the corner for cover while he looked around it.

[1] - Gao hesitates, but the sound of his step is enough to turn the alien back to him. The element of surprise is lost. [3+3=6] It lunges at him, [Dodge:1] pushing the welding torch against his jaw and pulling the trigger. [Damage:21+9=30] The pain is horrible, and Gao can't stop himself for screaming out. He staggers back, smoke arising from under his head.

[6+1=6] Fortunately, Ratrik is there for his friend. [Dodge:4] Unfortunately, the alien is faster than him, dropping the torch and breaking into a run. He races down the corridor, [1] and disappears into a side chamber quickly. Tarur turns to his comrade.

'Shit, you okay? That looks pretty bad. We need to find something for that wound.' he says, his visor clicking as it focuses on the scorch mark on Gao's face.

[2] Gao switches to his shotgun and attempts to move silently to take a look at the corner. He's having trouble thinking clearly with the alien's strike.

Surrounded by the corpses of several similar aliens, a huge, misshapen humanoid rages blindly at the surrounding walls. He - it - seems to be composed of several different humanoid bodies and is covered in surgical scars. Crudely-placed implants stick out from under its skin, and the uneven muscular growth across his body shows signs of clear body-engineering. Its left arm has been replaced by a black Golgo HMG, sticking out from the elbow. Even without the visor's analyzing capabilities, it's clear the creature is a dangerous opponent.

'What the hell?' Ratrik mouths, peering over to look over Gao's shoulder. He has no answer for him.

Allies

Spoiler: Tarur Ratrik (click to show/hide)

---

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)

Subject 971
Action: 971 draws down on her with the revolver, and searches her for weapons. Assuming they don't manage to slaughter each other right away, he invites her to the den and gives her the gun-removing the ammunition-for her to clean.

[4] - Two Silvers shrugs, raising her arms above her head with a mocking smile. 'Search away, officer.'

971 doesn't dignify her with a response, patting her body systematically for any hidden weapons. The ganger lets out a moan of pleasure. 'Ohh, if you want to go any further, you're going to have to pay me first.' she says. 971 ignores this comment as well, and she seems disappointed that he isn't willing to play her game. She bites her lip, remaining silent and brooding for the rest of the search.

The bounty hunter places what he finds on the table - two pistols and a long, jagged knife with the insignia of whatever gang she's in right now.

[6] 'Alright, that's it? Lemme see.' she says when 971 picks the Revolver up, removing the clip carefully before giving it to her. He removes the targeting system, pausing the calibration for now. Two Silvers takes out a small scanner of some kind and waves it over the weapon. There's a long silence, which 971 is tempted to break, and the device lets out a bright 'ping'. Two Silvers smiles broadly as she studies the display.

'This is an easy one. Give me some time to work and it'll be like new!' she says, placing herself in 971's favorite couch with the gun and her tools. An uneasy fifteen minutes pass, 971 keeping an eye on the ganger's every move and Two Silvers hacking away at the side of the gun with physical tools and a small communicator. Then she gets up, throwing the gun over to 971. He catches it with ease.

[4] 'It's done. I'll take my three hundred and go. It was so nice seeing you, 971. You should gimme a call sometime.' she says, hands open for the money.

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Barauc
Get a Taxi over there and do some scouting himself

[3] - As strange as it sounds, Barauc can't seem to get a cab at this hour. He waits the first thirty minutes patiently, and the second not-so-patiently. When the taxi finally arrives, the driver doesn't seem to understand him at first, perhaps due to a malfunctioning translator. When he finally gets to his destination, he's already hating this job.

[5] The first thing the map didn't show is the construction yard that seems to have sprung up after the images were taken. They seem to be building a new tenement next to the warehouse. Not the best of locations, but no doubt cheap. It should be relatively easy to jump from supports near the fence inside the warehouse, though it seems as bleakly open as the satellite pics showed. As Barauc watches, two small hover-engined freighters arrive and land inside the fenced area. Perhaps these are used to deliver the drugs.

Baseba isn't due to hit this place in a while yet.

Spoiler: Riccto (click to show/hide)

Loria
Loria walked around the club casually, looking for alternative entrances. She paid close attention to any receiving areas, and high windows that might be easy to get to.

[2] - Loria tries to look as casual as possible when she circles the club, but has to stop when a guard starts getting suspicious. It doesn't seem too good. The only obvious alternative way in seemed to be a long ladder to the roof, but it had been locked out of her reach. Breaking the lock would probably bring it down for her, but with the guard standing right around the corner, she would probably get caught. Otherwise, her quick glances didn't reveal much else, aside from a back door guarded by a single man.

Spoiler: Theodolus (click to show/hide)

Kaviv Otoli

Kaviv Otoli lets himself fall into his computer chair, giving up trying to adjust the temperature in his dusty little single-room apartment. It was the cheapest he'd been able to find. Hopefully this job could get him a much better one. He'd been given a list of black market contacts by his revolutionary comrades and had been listed in some advertisement or something like that. He wasn't entirely sure on the specifics, but he'd been assured the jobs would just start flowing in. There was also a box of weapons behind his bed that he hadn't dared to open yet.

Surprisingly, it seems his friends had been telling the truth. His inbox displayed several new messages, and the black market addresses would hopefully work as well.

[spoiler=Yoink]
Kaviv Otoli
HP: 75/75
Equipment:
Funds: 5000¤
Known Perks: Navigator Uplink Package
Faction: Bounty Hunter
Target: None
---
If I was using turn names in this RTD, this one would've been called Akhain Brings Down The House.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 24
« Reply #455 on: September 30, 2011, 09:31:08 am »

One of his hands to his jaw, Gao shrugged back at Ratrik. It was taking a lot of self-control to keep silent, although that was helped quite a bit by the fact he did not want to be cut down by a HMG right now. He manged to whisper, "can you see a way around that damn thing?" Maybe they could avoid it, or get a superior position somehow. Or lay a trap for it. In any case, Gao was pretty sure Ratrik had a mine they could use. Just set it down, lure the beast into it... hopefully kill it, or if not, injure and stun it enough they could finish it off quickly.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: September 30, 2011, 09:52:00 am »

Two Silvers knows how to be friendly, if it gets her close to you-she was also very good with knives, 971 remembered that. Give her a knife and a few hours to work on someone...well, they would just about sing. A disturbingly good asset to the rebel cause.

He *claks* the bullets back in his revolver, and lays her 400 credits on the table beside her weapons, and motions for her to take them.

"Thanks...there you go-and an extra 33% for a job well done. I can't say it's been a pleasure."

He sniffs, checking his watch. He has a funny idea. Possibly a fatal one.

"You know, I do some wetwork now and again, maybe I could use some back up now and again. I could do worse than you. Maybe you get tired of stabbing ganger trash and working for scraps, you might want to take a real job?"

He smiles, stands back and waits her response. He could do worse than her...Two Silvers was as crazy as she was Greedy-she really never had betrayed or abandoned the Rebel cause as far as he knew, only because they made enough to keep paying her. And she was far from stupid. In that way, she was much more reliable than some of the people they worked with...maybe she was getting to him, after all.

Two Silvers did have that effect. She induced a sort of fatal apathy...you let your guard down around her. Maybe he could use the ganger on some less sensitive missions, 971 thought.

Whatever she does, 971 will check his computer to see if the datalinks are working if he can...need a new job.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: September 30, 2011, 10:05:54 am »

Or "Toaster sees the Number of the Beast."  But yeah, how many credits to get our own personal craft with that kind of weaponry?

Well, this won't be too hard.  All I need is an invite- I get in, get beyond the party, get the data, and get out.  No problem, right?

See if I can find someone who can make me an invitation.  Failing that, see if I can find someone who is willing to part with one.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: September 30, 2011, 10:08:28 am »

Kaviv grimaced and rubbed his eyes tiredly with a finger. Why hadn't he been sleeping, he ought to have been glad of this new occupation...
Proud, even. He knew his many siblings would be, after all.
Returning his focus to the task at hand, and forcing himself to be more enthusiastic about the prospect of finally risking his life for the cause, he hesitantly tapped at the keys to bring up his inbox. He was feeling rather apprehensive about what he might find, nevertheless it was time to see what jobs were there.
He cast an uncertain glance over his shoulder at the weapon box, and felt a little reassured. After all, there were sure to be enough high-tech weapons in there to make up for his inexperience, right? He would be like a real revolutionary, putting all his brothers to shame as he gunned down countless thugs of the old Regime...
Yes, he could see it now.
Kaviv will check his inbox for jobs. Then he will put himself in an optimistic mindset and go check what's actually in the box of weapons.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: September 30, 2011, 10:28:45 am »

Well, what the hell. You only live once. She handed over the entry fee and walked into the club, keeping a sharp eye out for anything that might pose a threat to her. Once inside she searched for her contact, trusting that he would be relatively easy to pick out in the club filled with party-goers. Spotting him she approached him and asked for the details of the job.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: September 30, 2011, 10:59:08 am »

Akhain struggled to get up. He quickly ran a check over his body as he hissed in pain, his head spinning. He felt like he wanted to vomit, shudder and collapse, or roll around and scream in pain. Or both. But he didn't. +I... have various cuts in my legs, and my entire body feels like it's bruised. I have... three? broken ribs, or maybe more, I feel so impossibly painful it isn't funny... but I'm alive. Thanks for the save, but I think he got away... I need to finish the mission. Any chance of a quick patch up before I go hunting? I don't want to take any chances when I'm this injured.+ Akhain continued to struggle up, bracing himself as he pushed himself up to his feet, a small cry of pain pushing past his lips. He cast his eyes about for weapons, as he was disarmed.

Get up, possibly get first aid, and try to go after Father Kosh. Find weapons first, though.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: September 30, 2011, 03:44:53 pm »

Scuttle towards the construction site and find yourelf a nice perch
Raggle Fraggle

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: September 30, 2011, 04:20:58 pm »

Name: Kilksa
Appearance: Gold Hair, Gold Eyes, 3 Ft 3 In
Background: Foreign Mercenary
Starting Implant: Focus Improvement Package

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 05, 2011, 09:02:05 am »

Akhain Gazhorn
Akhain struggled to get up. He quickly ran a check over his body as he hissed in pain, his head spinning. He felt like he wanted to vomit, shudder and collapse, or roll around and scream in pain. Or both. But he didn't. +I... have various cuts in my legs, and my entire body feels like it's bruised. I have... three? broken ribs, or maybe more, I feel so impossibly painful it isn't funny... but I'm alive. Thanks for the save, but I think he got away... I need to finish the mission. Any chance of a quick patch up before I go hunting? I don't want to take any chances when I'm this injured.+ Akhain continued to struggle up, bracing himself as he pushed himself up to his feet, a small cry of pain pushing past his lips. He cast his eyes about for weapons, as he was disarmed.

Get up, possibly get first aid, and try to go after Father Kosh. Find weapons first, though.

[5] - +I'd have to come back down for a proper fix-up, but hang on.+ Jinan says. After a few moments, Akhain feels a slight jolt go through his brain. There's a thump and a hiss from the back of his skull, and a shiver goes down his spine. +Stimulants.+ Jinan explains. +If you insist on still running around, you should have a clear head for it.+

Akhain blinks hard, looking around. The world seems... slower, somehow. The pain begins to dull away, and he wonders for a moment how much these implants are actually capable of - and shivers at the realization his employers can pump strange chemicals into his body without his consent.'

[4] Akhain moves around, his steps gaining confidence with every passing moment. Thankfully, it seems these stimms do work with his biology, unlike the surgical bot from earlier. [5] He crouches to get behind a wrecked stone pillar and the poor guard under it. He pulls the Inferno SMG off his mangled body, checking the clip - almost full, fortunately. The bounty hunter looks around the broken chamber for any more useful weapons. Grievously wounded guards and priests stagger around in shock and pain or scream for help from beneath the debris. Akhain moves past him, picking up a Thermal Blade from a dying man's belt. He doesn't object.

[6] He makes his way to the hidden door Kosh fled through, trying the edge with his hand. Even though he's looking at it right now, it's hard to believe the door isn't just a part of the wall. The transition is seamless. Akhain pushes the door open, revealing a cramped metal corridor. Emergency lights blink in and out, throwing a pale blue glow over the path. It looks nothing like the rest of the cathedral, harsh and industrial.

The bounty hunter follows the corridor through, which proves much longer than he'd thought. He emerges to a rough path hacked into the mountainside, overlooking the rest of the cathedral and the opening into the area. Akhain can see the layers and layers of defenses positioned on the other side of the cathedral, out in the sunlight. The generator on top of the ziggurat lights up the path around him, helped along by the ray of light coming through the hole in the mountain.

Akhain gazes up the path, seeing a humanoid form move up the path at a surprisingly brisk rate. Father Kosh must be in a better shape than he thought. The path seems to disappear inside the mountain wall close to where Father Kosh is. It's impossible to tell what lays beyond.

[1] Gazhorn gets a few steps up the path before a section breaks beneath him. He can't regain his footing in time and crashes jaw-first into the ground. [2] He's unharmed, but there's no chance in hell Kosh didn't notice that. When he looks up, the cult leader is running up the remaining path, [2] though not too fast - the path is narrow, and the wooden railings don't look too sturdy.

Akhain considers his options. He could try to take a shot from all the way back here, or try to close the distance before engaging in combat. He might also be able to take the man alive. The original Republic offer wanted him that way, and they'd probably pay less for just a body.

Enemies

Spoiler: Father Kosh (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Talarion (click to show/hide)

Systar
Well, this won't be too hard.  All I need is an invite- I get in, get beyond the party, get the data, and get out.  No problem, right?

See if I can find someone who can make me an invitation.  Failing that, see if I can find someone who is willing to part with one.

[4] - Systar checks the numbers listed on the datacube - a few ex-revolutionary identity thieves and a ganger who deals with this kind of thing. They seem alright, if somewhat inexperienced.
Their fees are modest, and it's unlikely he'll get into a situation where his cover is badly enough scrutinized anyhow. It's 500-2000¤, depending on the guy.

Systar knows someone much better, though - Calamien el-Malan Dal'Vantahin, the infamous gene-forger and information broker. She's not cheap, and FTL Comms to a high-ranking member of the Vantahin isn't cheap, but she could make him a pass claiming he was Boka himself, and the crime boss would buy it.

She could probably give his new ID full security access to the manor as well, which would come useful. She usually charges atleast 10 000¤, plus the cost of FTL Comms, but they're old acquitances. Maybe he could get a discount or something.

Of course, there's always the choice of just stealing one, though the fastest way would just be hiring one of the Republican contacts.

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Gaosaron
One of his hands to his jaw, Gao shrugged back at Ratrik. It was taking a lot of self-control to keep silent, although that was helped quite a bit by the fact he did not want to be cut down by a HMG right now. He manged to whisper, "can you see a way around that damn thing?" Maybe they could avoid it, or get a superior position somehow. Or lay a trap for it. In any case, Gao was pretty sure Ratrik had a mine they could use. Just set it down, lure the beast into it... hopefully kill it, or if not, injure and stun it enough they could finish it off quickly.

[4] - 'Can you see any way past that?' Akhain whispers to his comrade, who shrugs. The maddened construct around the corner doesn't seem to hear them. The continous thud-thud-thud of the heavy weapon grafted into its hand doesn't show any signs of wavering. It doesn't seem to have a clear target, its arms moving with random jerks as if pulled by some unseen force. Some of the shots come dangerously close to Akhain, peering around the corner.

The bounty hunters are at a T-shaped junction of the corridor, the gene-engineered beast in the bottom corridor. Running to the other side would most likely alert it to their presence. Along the corridor on both sides of the creature are doors, but there's no way to get to them. A door would separate them from the beast, but it's open, and the controls are on the inside - which strikes the bounty hunters as incredibly stupid.

[1] 'I dunno. Maybe we should just shoot it.' Ratrik says. Gaosaron suggests using the mine instead.

[4] 'Alright. I think we ought to wait until it has to reload. If it works like a normal Golgo would.' he says to Gao's suggestion, taking the mine off his belt. The construct continues its wild fire, [2] but is interrupted by a pack of aliens from further down the corridor. They look haphazardly armoured, with makeshift wall plating and similar improvised defenses tied around their bodies. Instantly, it snaps to action, HMG spinning around to target the aliens. Then it stops, head shaking wildly. [6+1-1=6] The Golgo opens up anyhow, [Dodge:2] destructive fire shattering the aliens' makeshift protections and tearing through the vulnerable flesh beneath. [Damage:40] One goes down immediately, the rest reflexively hit the ground to avoid the hail of bullets.

[Combat Rolls: Five Passed, One Failure] They bounce right back, showing no fear at their very possible deaths. [Dodge:6-1=5] The creature acts surprisingly quickly, slamming to the side with the HMG to send its first opponent crashing against the wall, [2+1-1=2] and halts, seeming confused. [Dodge:2-1=1] The next one executes an impressive leap, planting a bent scalpel between the construct's eyes. [Damage:9+3=12] It lets out a hiss of pain, shaking the small alien off it and staggers back towards the bounty hunters' end of the corridor.

[2+1-1=2] By the time its regained its senses, a third attacker charges forwards with a whirring surgical laser, [Dodge:2-1=1] performing an upwards slash across its torso. The cloud of superheated blood envelopes them both, [5+1-1=5] but the construct doesn't seem at all bothered by it. [Dodge:1] The alien is sent flying by its kick, the sound of bones cracking quite audible to the others. The light little thing goes far, landing with a crash further in the corridor. [Damage:3+23+14=40] It's dead even before it hits the ground.

[Dodge:4-1=3][Dodge:6-1=5] The next two attack in unison, but the construct spins away from the other before it can hit. The other scores a glancing blow on its leg. [Damage:4-3=1] The weak strike barely leaves a mark. [1+1-1=1][3+1-1=3][Dodge:1] It strikes back at the second, slamming the Golgo down with such force [Damage:4+27+14=45] the alien's skull shatters instantly. Fragments of bone and brain tissue pour down all over the corridor.

The construct is slowly inching towards the bounty hunters' end of the corridor. It might be best to use the mine now, though it could deal with the aliens for them if they left it alone for long enough.

Enemies

Spoiler: Rampaging Construct (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Other Enemies (click to show/hide)

Allies

Spoiler: Tarur Ratrik (click to show/hide)

---

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)

Subject 971
He *claks* the bullets back in his revolver, and lays her 400 credits on the table beside her weapons, and motions for her to take them.

"You know, I do some wetwork now and again, maybe I could use some back up now and again. I could do worse than you. Maybe you get tired of stabbing ganger trash and working for scraps, you might want to take a real job?"

Whatever she does, 971 will check his computer to see if the datalinks are working if he can...need a new job.

[6] - A flicker of surprise goes through Two Silver's face at 971's proposal, quickly turning into a smile. 'I thought you'd never ask.' she says, scooping up the 400¤. 'Gimme a call anytime, and I'll be there.'

Then she's out of the door, gathering ugly stares from neighbours and passerbyes. 971 watches her go for a while and then heads over to the computer. [4] He brings up his inbox, looking through the job offers. As always, there is work to be found for the hero of the revolution.

Number one has been forwarded to 971 from his friends in the government. An outer city police chief has requested help locating a serial killer on the loose on the outskirts. Tracking drones sent after him don't return or are otherwise stunned, and he continues to evade search patrols, sometimes committing his murders right beneath their gaze. Payment would have to be negotiated personally with the chief.

The second is from a simple store owner, who's received threats from some gang and wants someone to wipe them out, or atleast convince them to stop disrupting his business. He's willing to pay 8000¤ if they're all dealt with, and 2000¤ if they stop bothering him. From his description, this seems like your standard street gang. Arresting or killing the leader should suffice.

The third is somewhat amusing - a Republican Guard recruiter wants 971 to go through a combat simulation, for a few vids and images for the new PR campaign. Showing the hero of the revolution in action and all that. His department is offering 5000¤.

The fourth and last one is old, from a distressed museum curator. Apparently in the chaos following the coup, some Old Regime commander looted his museum and loaded everything on trucks. They headed for the mountains, and he believes they're still there. He's willing to pay 15 000¤ for their retrieval.

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Barauc
Scuttle towards the construction site and find yourelf a nice perch

[3] - The construction yard isn't empty, some workers still scurrying from place to place, but Barauc finds himself a relatively safe platform anyhow. He leans back, allowing his Visor to zoom at the freighters in the warehouse yard.

[2] The angle is pretty bad, and he can't make out what they're doing. The freighters seem to be opening up, but he doesn't need to see them to guess that. He can't say what's inside without changing positions, and this is the only one protected from the workers' prying eyes. [6] Fortunately, their shift appears to be ending. He could climb up the supports to get a better view of the area.

Spoiler: Riccto (click to show/hide)

Loria
Well, what the hell. You only live once. She handed over the entry fee and walked into the club, keeping a sharp eye out for anything that might pose a threat to her. Once inside she searched for her contact, trusting that he would be relatively easy to pick out in the club filled with party-goers. Spotting him she approached him and asked for the details of the job.

[6] - Loria walks up to the bouncer. The big man looks her up and down with disdain, but says nothing. He takes the offered money and hands her a shiny black pass. Strange shapes, like wisps of smoke, dance across the top, presumably generated by some machinery inside it.

[1] Loria walks in to a large, open space serving as the main section of the club. She's immediately assaulted by an array of wildly-flashing lights and a chaotic mix of sounds she doubts sounds good to any species. The club is large, and there seem to be hundreds of people there, of all races and species. Loria's Visor reports a variety of sophisticated implants and gene-fixes in a majority of these people, suggesting a high amount of wealth. She's suprised the entrance fee wasn't even higher. Loria's implant pulls up a scan, but it's not nearly advanced enough to, say, spot anyone acting unlike most of these people.

She wanders into the crowd, soon losing sight of the door. Dancing and moving bodies crash into her. Faint traces of various drugs hang in the air, and after a while, her thoughts begin to blur. She tries to get away but hits just another batch of rich idiots. There's an abrupt movement behind her and something bumps into her. Loria staggers and trips, crashing onto the floor. Everybody turns to her, and Loria blushes, hurrying to get up and away. She makes her way to the nearest with a snail's pace, slumping against it when she gets there. She closes her eyes and breathes deeply. She's never going to find the PI like this.

[3] She raises her head, and sees someone staring at her from the upper level. It's hard to tell, but it might be the PI. There's some resemblance to the picture she got. Before she can do anything, the man breaks off his stare and disappears somewhere else.

Spoiler: Theodolus (click to show/hide)

Kaviv Otoli
Kaviv will check his inbox for jobs. Then he will put himself in an optimistic mindset and go check what's actually in the box of weapons.

[4] - Jobs, jobs, jobs. Kaviv opens his inbox and looks through the list.

The first is from an upriver store owner, who's received threats from some gang and wants someone to wipe them out, or atleast convince them to stop disrupting his business. He's willing to pay 8000¤ if they're all dealt with, and 2000¤ if they stop bothering him. It doesn't say whether he wants them dead or just arrested, but Kaviv has never done either one before.

Kaviv is pretty sure the second's sender is some infamous criminal. He's offering 10 000¤ for the death of an associate of his. He doesn't want to be linked to the death, so the bounty hunter's supposed to be discreet. Reading between the lines, this 'associate' seems to be a ganger boss, with all the risks that entails.

The third is also from what is obviously a front for a crime organization. They're offering 10 000¤ for tracking down and killing what seems to be one of their rivals. This 'Three-Cogs' apparently has an army of gangers with him and is holed up somewhere in the Industrial district.

Spoiler: Yoink (click to show/hide)
---

Yoink, Inexperienced Revolutionary starting gear can be found here, while their stats are in the second post, which I should really update.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 25
« Reply #464 on: October 05, 2011, 09:15:55 am »

OK, we gotta do this tactically. Laying the mine right here is a good idea but we'll be too close to the blast. Gao put a hand on Ratrik's shoulder and squeezed to get his attention; he didn't want to risk talking right now. Too many hostiles in the area. Once he had it, he took three steps towards the doorway they had just came from, then knelt and put a hand on the floor to indicate where he wanted the mine. Afterwards, he went through the door and took cover behind the right side of it, gesturing for his friend to take the left. If the aliens and construct survived the blast, they at least had cover and a good line of fire.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 58