Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 58

Author Topic: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 51  (Read 86731 times)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 22
« Reply #435 on: September 13, 2011, 01:03:02 am »

+Look, there's no point anymore... I don't know why you want to kill this guy.+ Akhain paused, before mentally grinning. +Oh, I forgot... Glorious, GLORIOUS money... I knew there was a reason I became a Bounty Hunter. Kosh is giving a sermon right now, and damn is he charismatic... almost more charismatic than money, which is scary.+ Akhain let himself be guided to the Father. "Most humble greetings, Father. I come offering to you my services... Many people aim for your life, and seeing as how we share our old allegiances, I thought that I could help you. Akhain Gazhorn, at your service." He bowed, or knelt down, whichever is appropriate. +I'm thinking of trying to get him to accept me into service as a body guard... Even if it doesn't get me close enough to him, I should be able to access his private rooms to deal with him, giving you a target to level, yes?+

Execute Plan 'Get-Kosh-to-Trust-Me-So-I-Can-Kill-Him-For-Money.' With special emphasis on the money part.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 13, 2011, 06:22:22 am »

Look up that Drug drop off point by the River, See if there are any particularly tall, nearby buildings he can park himself ontop of, But otherwise just try to bring up Maps

Be Prepared.
Raggle Fraggle

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 14, 2011, 06:00:32 am »

Sorry, wasn't aware a turn had been run. >.>

Gao frowned. What the hell were these things? He wondered if his friend had any idea. Well, they would have plenty of time to talk it over when the things were defeated... and speaking of that, it seemed like they wanted to be close-quarters. Gao could live with not wasting ammo and switched over to his blade, taking a swing at the one in the welding mask.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 22, 2011, 08:02:45 am »

Just popping to say that I haven't forgotten about this and am not going to let it die. Updates will come when, uhh, I umm... I'll get back to you on that.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 22, 2011, 11:22:45 am »

Hooray! I was afraid of that. Glad to hear you're still planning on moving it forward. :D
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 23, 2011, 06:43:14 am »

Fucking fuck in the fuck. I want this shit fixed, must've been the fourth time now.

Because this has happened before and I've explained it in another RTD - sudden bluescreen, lost everything. I'd only written Taric and a bit for Akhain and thus hadn't saved a backup yet, but it's a hell of a demotivator. And always seems to happen when I'm writing an RTD update. Coincidence? I think not.

Because I'll reroll stuff and everything will go differently anyhow - Taric died but got an awesome death scene. Why do you want to die, though? I thought you were doing so well.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 23, 2011, 06:46:19 am »

That's just Taric's style! :P I think in just about every forum game I've played with him, he's always the one doing the 'suicidal attack', the 'bloodthirsty charge' or the 'doomed last stand'. :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 23, 2011, 08:05:04 am »

Type it in notepad and save a lot?

Also, what stop code (format: 0x00000000 except the last couple digits are different) are you getting?  It'll tell you what's going on.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 23, 2011, 08:25:01 am »

That's just Taric's style! :P I think in just about every forum game I've played with him, he's always the one doing the 'suicidal attack', the 'bloodthirsty charge' or the 'doomed last stand'. :D
Because fuck it, I'm going out the way I want to!

And maybe I'll win, but that's not the general plan :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 23, 2011, 08:35:01 am »

Type it in notepad and save a lot?

Also, what stop code (format: 0x00000000 except the last couple digits are different) are you getting?  It'll tell you what's going on.

I usually write it here and copy-paste+save to a word document two or three times per update, but that's probably a better idea. I write all forum tags on my own anyhow so that's not a problem.

I'll have to write that down the next time it happens, which could be anything from a day to six months. *sigh*

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 25, 2011, 04:49:56 am »

Ignore, this is not meant to be here yet.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 25, 2011, 05:32:47 am »

Taric Taiservi
Jump up onto the drone and tear it apart!

[1] - Taiservi, worn out by exertion, pain and the cold, falls to his knees. His skin feels numb, his senses dying in the cold. He finds himself unable to move, unable to do anything else than stare at the Assault Drone hovering a few metres up the lake from him. [5] Perhaps a human opponent would see this and have mercy, or atleast let the bounty hunter have his last breath of life, but the simple machine has no such problems. [Dodge:1-1=1] The drone moves closer, the heavy industrial laser set in its fragile chassis humming and whirring as its powered up. Taric closes his eyes, feeling the heat of the weapon brush away the coldness in his bones. It reminds him of home, the cold season finally giving away to the hot. There's a faint click as the drone gains a perfect lock between Taric's eyes. Even if he'd try to escape now, it would be too late. Taric does nothing but waits.

[Damage:199+60=259] He doesn't feel a thing. The laser lights up the blizzard-torn landscape, and Taric's body, down to his knees, disappears in an eyeblink. The heat melts the ice beneath it, vaporazing several tonnes of liquid water beneath. What little remains of the bounty hunter's body sinks to the depths, never to be found again.

In a ship hidden inside the blizzard high above, the Black Baron frowns slightly. He looks at the files open on the dataslates on his desk and deletes them with a flick of his wrist. He quickly forgets about it. The Baron has more important things to think about than just another potential operative lost.

Spoiler: Taricus (click to show/hide)

Akhain Gazhorn
+Look, there's no point anymore... I don't know why you want to kill this guy.+ Akhain paused, before mentally grinning. +Oh, I forgot... Glorious, GLORIOUS money... I knew there was a reason I became a Bounty Hunter. Kosh is giving a sermon right now, and damn is he charismatic... almost more charismatic than money, which is scary.+ Akhain let himself be guided to the Father. "Most humble greetings, Father. I come offering to you my services... Many people aim for your life, and seeing as how we share our old allegiances, I thought that I could help you. Akhain Gazhorn, at your service." He bowed, or knelt down, whichever is appropriate. +I'm thinking of trying to get him to accept me into service as a body guard... Even if it doesn't get me close enough to him, I should be able to access his private rooms to deal with him, giving you a target to level, yes?+

Execute Plan 'Get-Kosh-to-Trust-Me-So-I-Can-Kill-Him-For-Money.' With special emphasis on the money part.

[3] - It's impossible to tell what Father Kosh is thinking when he listens to the bowed Bounty Hunter's heartfelt speech. Most of his audience doesn't seem too convinced - hostile whispers and suspicious questions go around the chamber. He finishes, but Kosh doesn't dignify him with answer just yet. A silence descends upon the chamber. The anticipation in the air can almost be felt.

+Uhh, yeah, we don't particulary care what you do with him, Akhain. I'd suggest you do kill him to retain a good reputation with the Republic, though.+ Jinan says. +Be careful. This guy is smarter than he looks.+

Finally, Father Kosh breaks the silence. He speaks with a voice full of warmth, and Akhain once again feels a strange draw towards him. He reminds himself of the money involved, steeling himself. He'll do what is necessary, even killing this... harmless old teacher. Why had he ever thought of him in another way?

'That is good to hear, Akhain. The Family can always do with new believers in these troubled times.' he says gently. Akhain feels himself nodding at the words. It is good people can feel themselves part of something, especially in this chaotic and violent age. 'You may undergo the Initiation as soon as our sermon is finished, if you so wish. Please, feel free to take a seat in the front row.'

The bounty hunter finds himself swelling with pride. Chosen for what must be an important event so quickly! He takes a seat as near to Father Kosh as he can. The old man returns to his platform and continues from where Akhain interrupted him.

[5] +Akhain? Are you feeling alright? I'm seeing some weird activity in your brain. What's going on?+

Hmph. The bounty hunter frowns. Why is the annoying little voice interrupting his enjoyment of the sermon? Perhaps he should let Father Kosh know about the devices in his brain, so he could... wait. Akhain blinks hard. No, he sure as hell isn't feeling alright. [2] He tries to avert his gaze from the Father and block out his words, but finds himself quickly reassuring his mind that it's alright. Jinan repeats the question, sounding more insistent and worried.

Spoiler: Talarion (click to show/hide)

Systar
Stealth mission, huh?  I might need to grab some more info.

Study the datacube for mission intel.  Head to the black market and search for anything stealth-related.

[1] - Systar walks over to the datacube, then stands a good five minutes trying to remember how these things are used. Eventually, he gives up, heading online for the black market sites instead. [4] Systar looks through their stealth gear, organizing it all into a list for himself to use.

Spoiler: Stealth Equipment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Gaosaron
Gao frowned. What the hell were these things? He wondered if his friend had any idea. Well, they would have plenty of time to talk it over when the things were defeated... and speaking of that, it seemed like they wanted to be close-quarters. Gao could live with not wasting ammo and switched over to his blade, taking a swing at the one in the welding mask.

[6] - Gaosaron draws his Mechanical Blade and crosses the distance to the masked alien with one giant leap. He crashes into the small creature, [Dodge:5] but it's sturdier than it looks and slips out from under the bounty hunter, [1+3=4][Dodge:5] executing a clumsy upwards slash with the welding torch that doesn't even come close to hitting.

[6+1=6] Tarur has no intention of going to melee, [Dodge:4][Dodge:1] and scores a perfect hit on the second alien with his Shotgun. [Damage:39+15=54] The fragile thing goes down trailing blood, bouncing down the corridor like a ragdoll. It looks almost comical.

[1+3=4] The first alien tries another strike at Gao, [Dodge:5] but in vain. The bounty hunter takes a single step back, [2] but sees no chance to counter-attack and freezes in place.

[6] Before they can continue, there's a scream of sheer agony and heavy gunfire from somewhere around the corner. The alien throws a worried look back, seeming to forget all about its opponents.

Allies

Spoiler: Tarur Ratrik (click to show/hide)

Enemies

Spoiler: Masked Alien (click to show/hide)

---

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)

Subject 971
Actions: Search for new jobs!

Call up my weapon contacts and order four more clips for the Aurora revolver and two more clips for the Widowmaker-also, call a cleaner that can wipe the gun of any physical or digital trace of Fashuk.

Attach the Analytic-Reactive Targeting System to the clean Aurora Revolver.

[1] - 971 tries to open his inbox, but can't seem to connect online. Useless government networks, they're never reliable. [3] While he's waiting for the machine to reconnect, 971 calls through his contacts but has similar luck. Everybody is either busy or not replying to him. Finally, he tracks down Two Silvers, a ganger with some experience with this stuff. Even in his rebel days, he could never fully bring himself to trust the ganger. But there are no other options. 971 calls her in.

[5] His black market friends are more reliable, and soon there's a package with four Aurora clips and two Widowmaker clips waiting on his doorstep. He pays the 3300¤ and takes the ammo. The weapon aug is surprisingly easy to use, and he fixes it against the Revolver. It hums silently as it begins calibrating itself for the gun.

After a while, Two Silvers appears on his doorstep, looking very out of place in the Old District. She grins widely when 971 opens the door. 'Ehh, you're doing pretty good for yourself. Hero of the Revolution and all that. So, where's this gun?'

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Barauc
Look up that Drug drop off point by the River, See if there are any particularly tall, nearby buildings he can park himself ontop of, But otherwise just try to bring up Maps

[2] - Barauc's search for a good map proves somewhat frustrating. He can't find anything else than blurry sat photos meant to be used for entire districts. [1] What he can decipher from them isn't very reassuring either. The drop-off point is inside a fenced storage area, very large and very open. How whoever's supposed to pick up the drugs gets there, he has no idea. They probably bribe the guards or something. Hopefully he can do the same.

Spoiler: Riccto (click to show/hide)

Loria
After picking up her new equipment Loria places a call to the PI requesting a meeting regarding the job posting she saw earlier. She keeps an eye on the news until it's time to leave for the meeting, in case something important pops up.

[4] - Loria calls the private investigator, who arranges a meeting in some expensive club in the Old District. He mentions that there are... alternative ways in if she can't afford entrance. Seeing that she's still got some time, Loria turns on the news.

[6] Smuggler activity is on the rise, meaning more guns and equipment flooding to the black market and through them to the criminal underworld and you. Prices should be going down for a while. A Sikhet Federation diplomat has been killed by Habiri gangers, and there are the usual reminders that the Republic is working to get crime back under control, along with a vague promise of a major action soon by the Republican Guard commander. A 'mad doctor' of the Old Regime has been caught hidden on a freighter in orbit. The text under a video of him, starving and dirty, translates as 'oh, how the mighty have fallen!'.

Looking through alternative channels, Loria comes upon a few interesting tidbits. SychTech has announced they've made a breakthrough in 'copycat' tech and will begin mass production as soon as possible. This could mean an end to the monopoly on shapshifting gear by the Rudk, though this new stuff will no doubt be as illegal as the alien version. They're bound to arrive on the black market sooner or later.

The Sikhet Federation has decided against granting citizenship to sapient, human-level or above AI's. The legal battle for it had raged on for over a year now, but the new laws basically make AI's below organic sentients. The same debate continues on other worlds and nations, and this may affect their decisions drastically to either direction.

[3] She closes the news and leaves for the club. It's located on the outer edge of the Old District, and looks like a palace more than any club Loria's ever seen. She approaches the doors, but then remembers the private investigator's warning. The entrance fee is 1500¤. It might be best to get in some other way, but getting caught trying that would get her thrown out for life or shot to death - you never know with these kind of places.

Spoiler: Theodolus (click to show/hide)

---
Taric, you did even worse than on my first try. 200 damage is the max for that Laser. You got 199, plus the bonus from a critical hit. Auch. >_>

And wow, triple post. Nice.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 23
« Reply #447 on: September 25, 2011, 05:52:06 am »

Ohhh. Nasty :P

Ah well, went out the way I wanted too.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 25, 2011, 05:54:47 am »

...Indeed. >.>

The Vantahin thought quickly. Go for the backstab while the alien was distracted or try to work alongside it while they investigated the noise? He didn't have long to choose! ...we already killed his ally, I doubt he would help us. Gaosaron moved to finish the lifeform off with a stab through the back; once it was dead, he would switch back to his shotgun and take point, pausing at the corner for cover while he looked around it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 25, 2011, 08:49:08 am »

Try to resist the compulsion and tell Jinan what's happening.

(Can't do much of an extended post at the moment, my apologies.)
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 58