Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 58

Author Topic: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 51  (Read 86748 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 21
« Reply #420 on: September 04, 2011, 09:42:07 am »

If I'm dying, I'm going out with style!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 04, 2011, 09:44:37 am »

Well, alright, but you could just hide. I'm not going to stop you if you want to be lasered to death.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 04, 2011, 10:38:27 am »

Since I'm, yknow, invisible, try to hide the shock mines and the Thermal Blade. Or just the Thermal Blade.

+Do ya think you could get me out of here if I just kill the guy?+
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 04, 2011, 10:42:44 am »

Since I'm, yknow, invisible, try to hide the shock mines and the Thermal Blade. Or just the Thermal Blade.

Oops, you're not actually invisible anymore. You've been walking for a while, the charge's over. And going invisible now would be... a bit suspicious. You can still attempt to hide those at a penalty, though.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 04, 2011, 11:00:38 am »

Well, whatever.  Am I supposed to know the name?

Get untied and watch the news while resting up my wounds.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: September 04, 2011, 11:07:45 am »

Gaosaron poked through the masses of material. I wonder if I could pocket any of these and try making an implant myself, he mused. Or maybe sell them to a company that could. Although he was giving it serious thought, he wasn't here for corporate espionage. As far as he was aware, anyway. While he was considering downloading some of the dataslates into his visor's database for later study, Ratrik called him over to investigate a door to the Testing Chambers. He hurried over and listened at it. "Sounds busy in there. Let's do this on three, I'll go left and low, you go right and high." He readied his shotgun and stacked up on the right side of the door. "Ready? 1, 2, 3!" He opened the door and immediately rolled in, ending up to the left of the door frame with his gun raised, ready for trouble...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 04, 2011, 11:35:45 am »

Darn. It was worth a shot! Attempt to hide them anyways.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 04, 2011, 01:42:04 pm »

Pay up for the intel
Raggle Fraggle

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 04, 2011, 05:59:30 pm »

I didn't take your black market order because, well, you obviously didn't even look for the prices. You can't afford all that. Just the railgun+clips would take up most of your money. Here's a list of weapons, there are other lists for other equipment scattered through the thread. Just tell me what you want.
Ah, my mistake.  :-[ Honestly I'm not sure which list I got my pricing from or if I mis-read something or what. In any case...

Loria decides to contact the private investigator to get more details. After daydreaming about what she wishes she could buy she snaps out of it and takes a realistic look at what she can actually afford. She decides to grab two clips for her RUS2 Carbine (1800), two Zuch 12 Gravity traps (4000), a Flare Gun with two clips (3900), and an extra First Aid Kit (1000).
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 12, 2011, 07:18:28 am »

Taric Taiservi
Continue attacking that drone.

[6] - Taric's visor picks up the drone and he moves closer, preparing for another leap. [Dodge:4-1=3] It drops lower, and he charges, slamming his shoulder against the thing. [Damage:2-2=0] It bounces away without any damage.

[4] The laser charges up again, [Dodge:4-1=3] and this time Taric has nowhere to run. He tries to anyhow. [Damage:14-60=0] And succeeds - apparently the drone isn't smart enough to follow his movement down. The laser spears through the falling snow, leaving a strange empty tunnel in the air for a moment. [1] It buzzes back, trying to get a new target lock. [3][Dodge:2-1=1] Taric sprints up to it and sends it flying with a well-placed kick, [Damage:3+2=5] which cracks the armour enough for electricity to escape into the air in bright arcs.

[5] They seem to have moved onto thicker ice by now. It shows no signs of breaking.

Enemies

Spoiler: Assault Drone (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taricus (click to show/hide)

Akhain Gazhorn

[4-1=3] - Though in full view of everybody, Akhain attempts to hide his weapons and equipment. He can't think of any way to do it without the guards noticing. They eye him suspiciously, looking impatient. Finally, he gives up and hands them over. Fortunately, they don't seem to have understood what he was trying to do.

+Well, the entrance sure seems heavily defended, but if you can provide the target co-ordinates for me, I could just level the whole area with a few barrages.+ Jinan answers your question. The easiest way to do that would be for you to walk over there so I can fix the guns on your location. Uhh... not that you'd have to stick around for the bombardment, just visiting the area is fine.+

+Naturally, you'd have to kill Kosh and get out of that cathedral first. And honestly, I don't think you can do it without your gear.+

[6] The central hall of the cathedral is certainly impressive - a long, high-ceilinged chamber with more light-machine on pedestals lining the walls, which seem to be covered in half-finished murals and mosaics. Plain wooden benches are set in haphazard lines up the lenght of the chamber. In the end stands a raised platform, upon which someone is preaching to the crowd at the moment. Father Kosh, perhaps? The crowd isn't very large, just the first few lines of benches filled.

As you draw nearer, your visor recognizes the man on the platform as Father Kosh. He's dressed in loose robes and speaking with a voice of sheer authority. [3] Even though Akhain can't make out the words, he feels pulled towards the man and agreeing with anything he might say. Why did he ever even consider killing this man?

The blue-robed alien leaves the group and hurries over to whisper something in Father Kosh's ear. He turns towards Akhain with a gentle smile.

'Ah, my brothers and sisters, allow your gaze to wander behind you! A lost brother has entered to witness our humble sermon! Please, guide him to me.'

Spoiler: Talarion (click to show/hide)

Systar
Get untied and watch the news while resting up my wounds.

[4] - The ropes have been tied pretty tight, but Systar is out of them in no time. He pulls himself over to the screen on the wall and puts on the news.  [5] Smuggler activity is on the rise, meaning more guns and equipment flooding to the black market and through them to the criminal underworld and you. Prices should be going down for a while. A Sikhet Federation diplomat has been killed by Habiri gangers, and there are the usual reminders that the Republic is working to get crime back under control, along with a vague promise of a major action soon by the Republican Guard commander. A 'mad doctor' of the Old Regime has been caught hidden on a freighter in orbit. The text under a video of him, starving and dirty, translates as 'oh, how the mighty have fallen!'.

Eventually, Systar dozes off into merciful sleep, letting his battered body finally give in.

When he wakes up, far into the morning, the TV is still on. The sun is high in the sky. Time to get back to work.

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Gaosaron
Gaosaron poked through the masses of material. I wonder if I could pocket any of these and try making an implant myself, he mused. Or maybe sell them to a company that could. Although he was giving it serious thought, he wasn't here for corporate espionage. As far as he was aware, anyway. While he was considering downloading some of the dataslates into his visor's database for later study, Ratrik called him over to investigate a door to the Testing Chambers. He hurried over and listened at it. "Sounds busy in there. Let's do this on three, I'll go left and low, you go right and high." He readied his shotgun and stacked up on the right side of the door. "Ready? 1, 2, 3!" He opened the door and immediately rolled in, ending up to the left of the door frame with his gun raised, ready for trouble...

[2] - The bounty hunter duo take up positions at the door. Ratrik quickly doublechecks his SychTech Shotgun and nods. Gao slides the card down and rolls inside, turning to the left. He comes face-to-face with a wall.

[3+1=4] There is a series of clicks from behind him, and a sound like the crack of a whip. Tarur's Flechette Shotgun fires, [Dodge:3][Dodge:2][Damage:23-15=8][Damage:15] and blood spatters all over the walls after the flechettes dig in and detonate. Gao turns to see two short, wiry aliens with bright blue fur. They look very animalistic, though the first is wearing a welder's mask and carrying a torch.

[6+3=6] Without even flinching, the first of the aliens springs up and charges towards Gao's companion, [Dodge:6+1=6] who sidesteps easily and sends his opponent spinning away with a well-placed kick. [2+3=5] It bounces right back, [Dodge:4+1=5] and this time Ratrik lets it crash into the wall. It doesn't look like the hunters will have much trouble with these things. [3+1=4][Dodge:6] Tarur spins the shotgun down and fires, but this time the alien rolls to avoid being hit.

[1+3=4] The second one charges as well, [Dodge:1+1=2] catching Tarur by surprise and slashing at his feet with a long metal blade. [Damage:9] It's not too serious, [4+1=5] and Ratrik slashes down with his Thermal Blade in return, [Dodge:6] though it only succeeds in driving it off.

[6] Gao is finally ready, [Dodge:6] but his shotgun blast impacts on the ground instead of alien flesh. [5+3=6][Dodge:3] He's a bit too slow when the first one returns the favor, [Damage:20-12=8] and gets a similar wound to his friend.

Allies

Spoiler: Tarur Ratrik (click to show/hide)

Enemies

Spoiler: Masked Alien (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Second Alien (click to show/hide)

---

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)

Subject 971
971 heads back to home and inspects the package. Then he goes for some full medical treatment.

Afterwards, check my computer for more jobs...

[4] - 971 doesn't head straight back home, instead going to the nearest hospital for treatment. Dalia lets them know to expect him, and he passes out just after the door. The next hour passes in a blur, each bullet or bit of shrapnel inside his body removed. High-tech surgical bots operate on him over and over again, and normal doctors swarm over him, letting out disapproving sounds.

But when he finally does get out, he feels like he's never even been in a firefight. Like a new man, better than before he went after Fashuk!

[4] Getting back home, 971 finds the package Dalia mentioned just inside his door. It surprises him a bit that the government can access his house at will, but it doesn't really matter. Inside is a small, nondescript cylinder and a note from the Commander, plus 5000¤, hastily stacked on top of everything else. 971 strains his eyes to understand Dalia's handwriting.

The cylinder is actually an advanced targeting system, straight off the labs. It can be attached to almost any weapon and it will calibrate itself to fit that gun. It guides the user's aim to the weaknesses of the target and can find such points in the span of a few milliseconds. It can only be used once, because multiple calibrations mess up the systems.

Attach to any gun for -2 to Enemy Dodge. Cannot be removed once a weapon is chosen.

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Barauc
Pay up for the intel

[6] - 'He's hitting two places today - a drug drop-off point by the river, and a freighter dock at the starport. Pleasure doing business with you.' he sends back, uploading the co-ordinates and estimated times for both places.

Spoiler: Riccto (click to show/hide)

Loria
Loria decides to contact the private investigator to get more details. After daydreaming about what she wishes she could buy she snaps out of it and takes a realistic look at what she can actually afford. She decides to grab two clips for her RUS2 Carbine (1800), two Zuch 12 Gravity traps (4000), a Flare Gun with two clips (3900), and an extra First Aid Kit (1000).

[6] - Loria calls in equipment for 10 700¤. It arrives a little while later in a neat little package, left in the alley behind her place.

[5] Adding to the five clips she already has for her Carbine, she's bought two new ones. [6] The seventh First Aid Kit should also come in handy.

Spoiler: Theodolus (click to show/hide)

---

Huh, Taric, I was expecting you to die this turn. Oh well, it's only a matter of time.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 22
« Reply #430 on: September 12, 2011, 08:47:08 am »

Fuck it, I'm going grendel that drone.

Jump up onto the drone and tear it apart!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 12, 2011, 09:29:40 am »

After picking up her new equipment Loria places a call to the PI requesting a meeting regarding the job posting she saw earlier. She keeps an eye on the news until it's time to leave for the meeting, in case something important pops up.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 12, 2011, 09:37:09 am »

Good luck with that, Taric.

Stealth mission, huh?  I might need to grab some more info.

Study the datacube for mission intel.  Head to the black market and search for anything stealth-related.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 12, 2011, 09:49:59 am »

OOC: @Taric-You may have a slim chance of destroying it, I mean it doesn't have alot of HP...it can one shot you, but you might be able to kill it one or two shots as well. It's pretty clear the GM intends for you to run or die though, so don't blame him if the obvious thing happens. :P
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

971 scoped out the Analytic-Reactive Targeting System. Pretty nifty! He wondered if some the rebel engineers he worked with had developed it, now that they had government backing? Inspecting it a bit closer, he did make out an inscription

"Tenth Gate Labs"

Only a rebel might really know what it meant. A memory, floating back to him.

971 grimaced and opened fire his carbine-he saw one man go down, and as he aimed at another, the gun clicked empty. The man gained confidence and grinned as he approached. Maybe hoping to cut down 971 and earn a battlefield promotion.

Luckily, De'Shant hucked one of his fancy g-knives through the mans head a moment before he could fire. Good ol' Shant-no one would mock him about who brought a knife to a gunfight anymore, would they?

The streets were covered in gore and bodies-many of the rebels had cast away their guns and started using small arms. Heaps of fanatics were begining to make barricades...the Habiri Alshas was laughing. Jon Du'lok seemed to be meditating...Jemina Oces was taking careful, precise shots as was her way-making every bullet count. Ink was in the back, preparing his "Goodnight Suprise"-a radbomb that would probably end up roasting everyone to ash in 100 yards before they could be taken alive.

Dalia was also firing, fiercely rallying the rebels to keep on fighting...she was sort of beautiful, covered in blood and sweat like that. They would die for her-they would die for each other. That was how it was.

It was a shame it had to be here-the regime had just begun to show the first signs of teetering.... the Turncoat that had lead them here, he had been rewarded-cut down by the Regime soldiers with no small degree of irony. Judging by the suits, these soldiers were Father Kosh Fanatics. Scary son of a bitch-and they could hear his voice, exulting imminent victory and imploring his men to fight on, no matter how many died-all from the safety of a loudspeaker mounted on his APC, of course.

They might have bought it...came very close that day. But, if there ws anything watching over them, it gave them a break. The alley they had taken cover in had an entrance to the underground-problem was, it had been welded shut beforehand...so they had to hold them off until it was open. Easy, right?

In that moment, it became clear to 971 that they wouldn't throw back the next charge-there was too many of them. They would be overrun...and die martyrs, like so many of their brothers and sisters. 971 was prepared. He drew his combat knife and...

That son of a bitch-what was he doing? Jon was preparing to charge. He addressed Dalia, and even in the roar of fire and death, they could hear hm clearly

"You need someone to hold the escape. I volunteer. Jon reaches the Tenth Gate today...I'll see you all there, yeah?"

He smiled, and charged the soldiers, scattering them for that crucial moment.

And the rest of them got away. Live to fight another day.

It was only later that 971 found out what he meant by the "Tenth Gate"-Jon was one of the Drash, and his people believed that everyone who died was guaranteed the chance to go to Heaven-but, one had to pass through the gates... If you screwed up, then you really got sent to Hell, but in theory it meant even the worst person could fight his way through, if he was strong enough.

The first four were predictably reserved for dishonorable murderers, rapists, cowards and traitors-these gates were bone, fire and flesh, guarded by those you had harmed in your life, along with the corrupted souls of all the other lost Drash.

A bit further up on gates five and six, the reward for thievery and general dishonesty wasn't so bad-less demons, and the gates were only made of iron. Still a tough fight.

Gates 7 though 9 were made of silver-it was here, as one who had lived a life of virtue was rewarded, that they pretty much just let you in if you had been a nice guy, though you still had to dodge some of your foes.

Ahh, but gate 10-it was made of gold. You were heralded with trumpets, your friends and loved ones were here to welcome you, rather than bar your way. This was reserved for those who had died in honorable battle, and it was the highest honor one could hope to achieve.

971 had no experience with religion, but he had begun to believe something awaited him after life-what it was, he couldn't say. He wondered which gate he might find...

Old memories...971 found himself remembering more and more things lately. The techs said it might because he was aging and maturing faster due to being an imperfect clone. Well, he would deal with that when it came up...

He took a look at his weapons. A longer ranged one would be preferable...but he didn't have a rifle. He did have that revolver though. He liked the idea of having a powerful weapon, readily concealable.

Also, 5000 creds richer. That helped...

Actions: Search for new jobs!

Call up my weapon contacts and order four more clips for the Aurora revolver and two more clips for the Widowmaker-also, call a cleaner that can wipe the gun of any physical or digital trace of Fashuk.

Attach the Analytic-Reactive Targeting System to the clean Aurora Revolver.

Spoiler: Stored Equipment (click to show/hide)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 12, 2011, 09:56:09 am »

MEMORIES

Long IC backstory posts? I approve!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 58