Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 58

Author Topic: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 51  (Read 86760 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 20
« Reply #405 on: August 24, 2011, 10:35:58 am »

That's why you're supposed to bring explosives.  Blow up that car and see which of the others stick around!

Also, extra ammo.  You silly kobold.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 24, 2011, 10:43:49 am »

Um, yeah...I didn't actually expect a giant firefight, and I wasn't allowed to change my gear before I rushed off. So, I'm stuck with improv grenades, a knife+flare gun and a shotgun with little ammo.

Edit: Extra ammo? LOL

It's double lol if you count in my enhancement is quick reloads, and Inexperienced Revolutionary starts with no extra clips for their guns. This class sucks, I wanna reroll.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 10:46:39 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 24, 2011, 11:21:18 am »

Err... math. What is it good for? Absolutely noth- wait, apparently RTD's. This is why I usually just do all calculations in the google toolbar.

Dwarmin, the big firefight is due to you going home to heal. If you'd gone in unprepared, ammo and common sense be damned, they wouldn't have been ready for you.

Heh, Toaster, the ambush would've happened anyhow, the bad roll just made sure you got no warning. The reasons? Your missions, or more specifically, how you did them. In the first, you left a survivor to tell everybody eeeeeeeeeeeverything about you. Plus, it was a high-security hotel, there's cameras everywhere. And your target was working for them (you were hired by an old regime fellow looking to escape, remember?), so they didn't appreciate you killing him off.

In the second - well, you targeted someone important to the government, and did it when he was prepared for you and had all the latest security systems. This you can blame Dwarmin for.

The new government might be inefficient, but it ain't stupid.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 24, 2011, 11:23:16 am »

Well, if it's any consolation to you dwarmin, that flare gun has an area of effect on it. Plus, you have shock mines! You just gotta think your way out of it.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 24, 2011, 11:32:05 am »

He has one High-Explosive mine left. Speaking of shock mine, stun weapons are seriously overpowered. Anyone got any ideas how to nerf them?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 24, 2011, 11:37:09 am »

Make them extremely uneffective if the target has higher or is at full health.

Makes sense, it's easier to stun a guy when he's wounded and vice versa.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 24, 2011, 01:57:03 pm »

DH:  I figured it was that stupid woman, dammit.  I better not tell them about the real objective I have- I doubt they'd like that either.

As far as stuns, Dwarmin's idea is good.

Question though- is trying to use a mine-type explosive as a grenade a negative?  I saw Dwarmin had a bit of trouble with it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 24, 2011, 02:30:54 pm »

DH:  I figured it was that stupid woman, dammit.  I better not tell them about the real objective I have- I doubt they'd like that either.

Question though- is trying to use a mine-type explosive as a grenade a negative?  I saw Dwarmin had a bit of trouble with it.

I can't fathom why.

Using mines as grenades is a matter of luck. It might not explode on impact, so you might have to shoot at it to detonate it.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 24, 2011, 05:14:53 pm »

@Serious; which door? I gave you three options.

Sorry, dentist's appointment, I was out all day. Anyway! I assumed the 'lab' was separate from the other doors but since I misread it, I'll use the Refinement door. Testing Chambers is apparently off-limits and I don't think anything interesting is in the Holding Area - probably foolish of me but it just sounds like where they would keep the lab rats and such.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 24, 2011, 05:51:47 pm »

Perhaps you could recruit said labrats as your allies? Who knows, there could be some all-powerful prototype genetic warriors or something in there! ...Or maybe I'm taking the 'labrat' idea a bit far. *Totally not trying to get you killed by some mutant so he can play* ;D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 24, 2011, 08:35:08 pm »

Attempt to find information about the route he takes on his raid
Raggle Fraggle

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 04, 2011, 07:57:55 am »

Taric Taiservi
Find and attack my pursuer.

[3] - The bounty hunter spins around, straining his eyes and hearing for the familiar buzzing or the shape of the drone. It's somewhere nearby, but it's impossible to tell where. Taiservi presses on, the winds picking up again and lashing against his skull. It distracts him from the buzzing, and when he next hears it, it's way too close for comfort.

[1] The small form of the drone approaches silently, the industrial laser embedded inside it powering up with an unnerving hum. [2] Then it stops abruptly, the thing's targeting disrupted by a flurry of snow and Taric lets out a breath of relief. [5] He begins to move forwards cautiously, trying to surprise the drone from behind. [Dodge:6-1=5] Taric charges and leaps towards it, but the drone is faster and climbs high into the air before he can reach it.

[4] The bounty hunter isn't going to give up yet. Taric waits for the drone to redescend, and tries again. [Dodge:3-1=2] This time it doesn't see him coming. Taric lands a solid hit against its body, [Damage:5] bending some of the metal and sending it racing towards the safety of the skies again.

[5] It returns straightaway, [Dodge:5-1=4] dropping behind Taiservi who hears the familiar buzzing and hits the ground. [4] This time the ice holds, and he rolls away from the robot's scanners. The heavy laser awakens and lights up the frozen wasteland once again, vaporazing huge sections of the ice around Taric. The steam hides him from view once again.

Enemies

Spoiler: Assault Drone (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taricus (click to show/hide)

Akhain Gazhorn
"Wait! You're not a fanatic.. Oh, my luck. I'm here to see Father Kosh, I'm also a former regime operative. Akhain Gazhorn; I wanted to come here to talk, but I was attacked by a group of fanatics. After that, my nerves were understandably tense. Can we talk before you try killing me any more?" Akhain keeps his guard up, but slightly lowers his weapon to try to convey that he doesn't want to fight.

+I swear, I'm a bounty hunter, not a one man army...+

Try and diplomasize but be ready to react/fight

[4] - The veteran seems displeased at Akhain's attempts at diplomacy. He holds his knife up for a few moments, face locked in the same idiotic grin. Then he steps back, flipping open a comm device. He speaks with someone on the other end, though Akhain can't make out the words. He seems somewhat disappointed, which Akhain takes as a good sign. The fanatics around him look confused, pointing their blades at where they think Akhain is.

[5] 'Hnnh. They think you might be worth checking out.' he spits. 'Follow me. If you try anything, you're dead.'

He gives a quick series of orders to the cultists and they fall into place in a loose ring around Akhain. The group begins moving quickly, and the bounty hunter struggles to keep up with his wounds. [2] As they move on, more and more soldiers and fanatics join them. Akhain soon finds himself in the middle of a small army.

+I sure hope you know what you're doing.+ Jinan buzzes in. +Just give the word if you need me to swoop in.+

The army continues through the twisting pathways through the badlands and towards the mountains. Akhain isn't sure how long they walk, but eventually the rough pathways turn into reinforced trenches, then stone bunkers and walls, then a stairway stretching high up the side of the mountain. While they aren't exactly magnificent architecture, Father Kosh's men must've worked dozens of years on this. Work must have started before the fall of the regime, most likely.

Then comes the cathedral itself. Akhain is led into a cave, with a small town built around an underground river. The people are dressed plainly and don't seem to possess much advanced technology, but seem normal otherwise. Many of the fanatics leave the group at this point, disappearing inside houses and down streets. There must be over three hundred people here. Akhain can't help but to wonder what the enigmatic Father Kosh is up to.

[6] While Akhain sees several alternative ways in, his guards seem determined to bring him through the front doors of the cathedral. And once Akhain reaches the top of a curving stairway and sees the front of the cathedral, he understands why. He also reconsiders the amount of time and effort spent on this place.

The cathedral resembles a fortress more than a church, built in the characteristic Habiri Sebbhak style. Four vast, blocky towers dominate the structure, overshadowing the ziggurat-like central building. The walls are of white stone and slightly curved, though tiles of some blue material are scattered throughout the area. A section of the cathedral seems still under construction, hidden behind a mess of supports and wooden platforms. Faintly visible on the top of the ziggurat stands a generator of some sort, gushing blue flames into the air.

Akhain is led in through the magnificient, intricately engraved doors to the shadowed insides of the complex. Sunlight filters in through small holes in the walls, but mostly the place seems to be lit up by smaller versions of the machine on the roof. He guesses they have some symbolic meaning.

[2] 'Why does he still have his weapons?' a shrill voice asks from Akhain's side. A wiry alien in blue robes approaches, sniffing the air around him. 'Take them from him.'

There are still a dozen fanatics and soldiers in the chamber with him, but he didn't come here to fight Father Kosh's henchmen, did he? The soldiers approach to take Akhain's equipment.

---

Spoiler: Talarion (click to show/hide)

Systar
Systar briefly thinks of his supplies, but knows he's outgunned.  No choice but to listen.

"Well, you have my attention.  Go on..."

Listen to what they have to say.

[5] - 'Smart boy.' the alien growls. 'It's fairly obvious why we're here, isn't it? I'd have thought you smarter with your reputation, but you've proven yourself very careless while on our fair planet. Normally, you'd have been thrown up to Pavais by now, but the people in charge thought I could offer you another alternative.'

He pauses, pulling out a datasphere from somewhere and bringing up a small alien and his armoured bodyguard. 'Boka yl Vsiri. Name mean anything to you?' he asks, then continues on. 'He's recently come into possession of something we'd like to have. Of course, we can't prove he has it and with his ties to the Dos Tarishs, investigating into the matter is a diplomatic incident waiting to happen. We've been having trouble convincing anyone to take this job, which is understandable.'

'You'll need to infiltrate his manor, find out where he's keeping the data we need, upload it to us and get out of there. No collateral damage. No alarms. No carelessness. Your reward is that we forget your crimes for now. Understood?'

He leaves the datasphere on the table and orders the Guards out. They don't bother to untie Systar.

'Remember, we'll be watching you. A long sleep on a prison ship is still a possibility.' he says at the door, and follows the Republican Guards into the hallway. The door is slammed open, and Systar is left alone in the room, still tied to the chair.

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Gaosaron
Gao glanced at Ratrik. "You think so too? Lucky, then. It's just sentient opponents. We can deal with those." He breathed a sigh of relief. After tussling with that beast last time, he wasn't sure what he had been expecting on this run... but now it looked like it was only a raid. He did wonder what kind of pirate would stick around to mess with any mercenaries who came sniffing around... but still, it was a person, and a highly flawed individual at that if s/he was playing games with the pair of them. Likely to be unstable and prone to making mistakes when s/he suddenly lost control of the situation.

"Let's head into the lab and find out what they were working on here," he said, moving for the Refinement door.

[3] - The Refinement door opens with Gao's pass, and the pair of bounty hunters enter cautiously, looking for whoever shut the door to their right. Nothing appears, but they look through several empty rooms. Various electronics and strange, pulsing organic masses are scattered around the area and locked inside sealed containers. [3] It takes a while, but it dawns on Gao that this area is used for shaping raw implants and augments into forms useable by clinics and whatever backstreet doctors provide this stuff. Komondan Industries and this facility appear to be a producer of different nonspecialized enchancements and implants. Dataslates and spheres and various physical documents sit waiting on tables and on the floor, no doubt containing juicy industrial secrets.

[4] After scouting yet another room full of small, flexible grafts neither of them can decipher the purpose of, Tarur spots something interesting. He calls Gao to see - it's another door to the Testing Chambers. [4] Straining his hearing, Gao picks out what he thinks is a buzzing of a laser and the clank of machinery.

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)

Subject 971
These files arn't worth my life. If I stay here all I can do is get myself killed...

Tactical Retreat! Like, get out of there!
Make sure it's a *defensive* retreat-taking cover every now and again and seeing if anyone tries to pursue me.

[4] - Realizing he's bitten off more than he can chew, 971 gets the hell out of the alley. [4][Dodge:1+1=2] The closest guard stands up and fires a shotgun blast that catches him straight in the back. [Damage:26] 971 falls to his knees, but gets up and forces himself onwards. [1] He sees nothing to get behind and just keeps moving towards where he thinks he left the car.

[3] Either nobody comes after him, or he moves too quickly for them, but 971 reaches his car without trouble. He takes off and contacts Dalia, explaining the situation.

'Understood. You got Fashuk, and that's enough for us. We'll try to take them while they're on the move. I'll let you know if it works out. In any case, I'll have something nice left for you at your door.' Dalia says and cuts the channel.

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Barauc
Attempt to find information about the route he takes on his raid

[3] - Barauc's attempts to find intel on Baseba's raids proves something difficult - it wouldn't be a raid if everyone knew about it, would it? - but eventually he gets in contact with a man in Baseba's precinct who's willing to keep him updated on the chief's location for [3] 2000¤.

Spoiler: Riccto (click to show/hide)

Loria
Loria quickly scans the job listings while keeping an ear on the news. She always one to keep up to date on the current political situation. In fact it was this very habit that made her decide to take a vacation during the exact week the coup happened, possibly saving her life. Ah, there's a good job. Having decided on a job she takes stock of her existing inventory and turns over to the black market page. Perusing the goods she places an order for a Zuch 4 Railgun with 3 clips, an Aurora revolver with 5 clips, and 2 clips for the RUS2. Along with the weaponry she orders a Zuche 3 cloaking device and a spare First Aid Kit.

[6] - First, Loria looks through available jobs. There are several.

The first is from a major gang boss of somekind, who wants someone to track down an escaped pit fighter slave. The bounty is only 5000¤, though.

The second is from a private detective looking for someone to help him in an investigation. He will split the reward with Loria if they succeed.

The third was sent by a crime boss, who needs someone to smuggle one of his agents out of a prison ship in orbit. He'll pay 20 000¤.

[3] She gathers little from the news, but it sounds like there's plenty of opportunities for her at the moment. A power struggle at the top of the new Republic is threatening to throw the planet into chaos for the second time. The current Consul is having trouble fitting the radicals and nationalists in the same government. Constant failures at rooting out the remaining Old Regime patriots are weakening her support. It is estimated over three thousand high-level Old Regime officials have escaped the planet by now.

Spoiler: Theodolus (click to show/hide)

---

Theodolus - I didn't take your black market order because, well, you obviously didn't even look for the prices. You can't afford all that. Just the railgun+clips would take up most of your money. Here's a list of weapons, there are other lists for other equipment scattered through the thread. Just tell me what you want.

Spoiler: Weapons (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 10:41:16 am by Digital Hellhound »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 21
« Reply #417 on: September 04, 2011, 08:37:44 am »

971 thought....all in all, not a bad job. He cursed himself for not moving faster...if that damn Fashuk had not edged him with the knife, he might have been more bold, but as it was...mission mostly accomplished. You accepted what you got. Time for a break.

971 heads back to home and inspects the package. Then he goes for some full medical treatment.

Afterwards, check my computer for more jobs...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 04, 2011, 09:35:54 am »

Continue attacking that drone.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 04, 2011, 09:40:47 am »

Continue attacking that drone.

I'll let you know you don't necessarily need to destroy the drone to win, you're still on thin ice, aaaand that little drone can make up to 200 damage. And you have no weapon.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 58