Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 58

Author Topic: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 51  (Read 86812 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 18
« Reply #345 on: August 16, 2011, 08:23:30 am »

Tell Makahu to cross the street-we attack in tandem, but not close enough we die in the same grenade blast.

971 attacks-He sneaks in close, and throws a mine turned improvised explosive at the largest group of enemies he sees.

Then, he shoots and moves from cover of the alley, using his shotgun to down the remaining attackers

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 16, 2011, 08:44:54 am »

This mission is going from bad to worse.  I should have taken the stairs up and gone off the rooftops.

"Sir, let me show you my guard credentials..."

Activate cloak and RUN up the stairs.  When the guards are far behind, go in a random floor and look for an unoccupied apartment to hide in.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 16, 2011, 09:42:12 am »

Accept the Assassination Mission and check on supplies and open up the Blackmarket weapons section
Raggle Fraggle

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 18, 2011, 01:40:42 pm »

Gao looked at it critically. "Maybe I can repair it. I'm a fair hand at electronics if I do say so myself. At the very least I can check its sensory data and see if we can get an idea of what happened here, or maybe some structural data." It sounded feasible; the machine had to have some way of sensing when lifeforms were near, and maybe if they lucked out it would be by video feed. Some footage of the incident would be very welcome indeed, or failing that, a map would be nice. "If you think I shouldn't tamper with it, though, I understand. Damn thing looks about ready to fall apart."

Leaving it to Ratrik; if he thinks its a good idea to try and repair/hack it, then do so. If not, ask for the tour.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 19, 2011, 09:06:08 am »

Taric Taiservi
RUN! preferably towards whatever was thrown down to the ground (Apart from me)

[2] - Taiservi stumbles onwards blindly, the icy winds battering his body senseless. It's hard to see anything at all, and trying to locate whatever fell is nearly impossible. [6] While he doesn't find it, Taric has more sense than to just stand around waiting for death. He wades through the snow, determined to safety. Unfortunately, after a while of walking, he realizes he's mid-way across a frozen lake, which has been cracking open behind him, obscured by the blizzard. If he'd try to turn back, the ice might break and plunge him deep into the ice-cold waters - but the same might happen in any direction.

[2] And then he begins to hear buzzing... the drone is near.

Spoiler: Taricus (click to show/hide)

Akhain Gazhorn
Activate cloak, Gun them down or cut them down. They obviously won't listen to reason.

[6] - Akhain moves back, turning on the Cloaking Device. [5] This charge should last for a while. [2][2] The two nearest cultists fail to act, too surprised by their opponent's sudden disappearance. [2] He uses the chance to retreat unnoticed. The zealots poke their weapons at nothing, having no idea where Akhain is. Professional soldiers would've called the base already or sent a runner with a warning, but these aren't anything like professional soldiers.

[5] The bounty hunter takes his time, sitting back and taking good aim with the Carbine. [Dodge:1-1-2=1] Boom, headshot. [Damage:9+12=21] The super-accelerated bullets all find their mark, sinking inside the fourth cultist's skull one by one. Bone shatters and flesh is torn apart. The insides of the soldier's skull are scattered all over the path.

[6] Unfortunately, the rest saw the gun fire. [6+2=6] The painted fellow charges towards Gazhorn's resting place, [Dodge:3+2+1=6] but he simply stands aside and the zealot hacks away ineffectively at the rocks with his chainsword. [5] Akhain nonchalantly pushes the barrel of the gun against the alien's ear, [Dodge:2-1-2=1] and pulls the trigger. [Damage:2+12=14] The soldier goes down screaming, the side of his mind an unrecognizable mess.

[5] The third Fanatic drops his chainsword and charges forward next. Akhain wonders if he's going to try to take on him unarmed, but then his vision picks up the door-wrecker in his hand. [4] He gets the hell out of range before the suicide bomber detonates the explosive held aloft by his free arm. [Damage:45+24=69] There is a sharp boom, like the crack of a whip, and then the zealot lets out a scream of anguish, seeing his arm instantly vaporized by the force of the explosion. An instant later his brain is burned away as well, and the screaming quickly stops. [Dodge:5-1=4][Dodge:6-1=5] Unfortunately, the two other zealots were unharmed by their comrade's breaching charge. Akhain might still have to deal with them.

+What are you doing? You just woke up the whole damn place with that. You've got hostiles converging on your position from several directions, so move!

Enemies

Spoiler: Sikhet Fanatic (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Painted Fanatic (click to show/hide)

---
Spoiler: Talarion (click to show/hide)

Systar
"Sir, let me show you my guard credentials..."

Activate cloak and RUN up the stairs.  When the guards are far behind, go in a random floor and look for an unoccupied apartment to hide in.

[5] - Systar reaches into his pocket, and turns on the Device before anyone can react. [5] It should keep on for long enough. [6] Systar runs up the stairs as fast as he can, hearing screams of surprise and anger from behind. He moves much faster than necessary, and soon loses track of which floor he's in. After a while, he's forced to stop for breath. [1] The guards prove surprisingly qucik themselves, and crash into Systar's invisible form from behind, sending him face-first onto the ground. [5][Dodge:6] The bounty hunter squirms out from below the heavy guard and runs towards the nearest apartments.

[1] The guards fail to see which direction he went to. They do know the floor, though, so he can't hide forever.

[1] None of the apartments in this wing seem to be unoccupied. Or on the floor at all. Damnit.

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Gaosaron
Gao looked at it critically. "Maybe I can repair it. I'm a fair hand at electronics if I do say so myself. At the very least I can check its sensory data and see if we can get an idea of what happened here, or maybe some structural data." It sounded feasible; the machine had to have some way of sensing when lifeforms were near, and maybe if they lucked out it would be by video feed. Some footage of the incident would be very welcome indeed, or failing that, a map would be nice. "If you think I shouldn't tamper with it, though, I understand. Damn thing looks about ready to fall apart."

Leaving it to Ratrik; if he thinks its a good idea to try and repair/hack it, then do so. If not, ask for the tour.

[5] - 'Sure, feel free to try.' Tarur shrugs.

[1+1=2] Unfortunately, Gao's tampering only prompts a safety system lock, which he manages to cancel at the last second. It doesn't look like he can access any files or video feed the thing might carry. [5] It doesn't seem to have minded Gao's attempts, continuing to rant on about the facility and the possibility of a tour. [6] Gao gives up and asks it for the tour.

'Please follow me!' it beeps. 'Welcome to our research facility. Komondan Industries is proud to reveal the breakthroughs achieved by the brave men and women of the company, who knew to take...' the drone blares on, hovering down a [1] long corridor leading to the laboratories wing. Gao and Tarur follow cautiously.

[3] At the first door, however, it stops abruptly.

'Warning! Laboratories Wing sealed off due to emergency lockdown!' the drone beeps, then turns and begins to make its way back towards the lobby. [4] Thankfully, the Guard Pass should be enough to open the door if they want to go in. There are several other paths to take as well, however, and the guide robot could still be of use. 

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)

Subject 971
Tell Makahu to cross the street-we attack in tandem, but not close enough we die in the same grenade blast.

971 attacks-He sneaks in close, and throws a mine turned improvised explosive at the largest group of enemies he sees.

Then, he shoots and moves from cover of the alley, using his shotgun to down the remaining attackers

[6] - Makahu confirms that he understands and edges back to where you came from. After a few minutes of waiting, he appears on the other side of the street. 971 nods, but Makahu seems to take this as a signal to attack.

[4][Dodge:6-2=4] Despite the advantage of surprise, Makahu misses. The Snaplock hisses, but the bullet ricochets off one of the cars instead of the back of the nearest guard, a towering, tattooed brute. [4] She retaliates immediately, [Dodge:4] but Dalia's observes sinks back into the shadows. 971 curses, and takes out a HE Mine. It's not a grenade, but it should explode on impact. [3] She throws the thing at the edge of Fashuk's apartment, where three guards are just getting down to cover. [3] It does land near the right spot, but to 971'a amazement, nothing happens. [6] She takes aim and fires her Shotgun at the mine. Despite the long range, he scores a hit. Perfect. A few seconds later, the device detonates.

[Dodge:3][Dodge:3][Dodge:4] The guards did notice the mine throw and the following shot, and only two of them are caught at the explosion's edge. [Damage:44-24=24][Damage:31-24=16] Burning shrapnel cuts across their backs and legs, but neither is wounded enough to fall. [2] The two wounded soldiers begin limping back inside with the third, unharmed one.

Enemies:

Spoiler: Tattooed Guard (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unharmed Guard (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hooded Guard (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wounded Guard (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Other Enemies (click to show/hide)

Allies

Spoiler: Dalia's Observer (click to show/hide)

---
Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Barauc
Accept the Assassination Mission and check on supplies and open up the Blackmarket weapons section

[6] - Barauc takes the crime syndicate's kill and opens up a black market weapons list.

Spoiler: Weapons (click to show/hide)

[4] He soon receives the details of the mission from his new employer. The first target is Baseba yl Eos, a police chief in charge of the Steelworks area of the Industrial District. He's refusing to accept bribes and striking hard against smugglers in the area. Barauc is advised to target him on one of his weekly warehouse raids. Number two is another cop, by the name of Alsas yl Badht, who's frozen several much-needed accounts used by the syndicate. He lives in the Old District. The third is a judge called Tegarr, who's flushed out everyone the syndicate has managed to corrupt in the last decade from the entire district. He should be targeted when he's on the move, apparently - security is too tight at his apartment and the court.

Spoiler: Riccto (click to show/hide)

---

I'm beginning to think there's a curse on this game. All my players disappear just when their stories are getting interesting.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 19
« Reply #350 on: August 19, 2011, 09:16:54 am »

971 whistles and indicates with a hand signal to Makahu-using the rebel signal system for
"Targets, 40 feet ahead behind obstacles, cover me." Hopefully this guy knew what he was trying to do...

Action: Signal Makahu to keep the enemies head down with some covering fire.

I fire my widowmaker at the nearest close threats.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 09:26:30 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 19, 2011, 09:19:03 am »

I need to make a separate action for checking my own gear?
Raggle Fraggle

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 19, 2011, 09:20:54 am »

Some tactical advice; don't worry about the hooded guard or the two others right now, they're not focusing on you at the moment. Take down the folks in the Other Enemies tab. They're not listed just because they haven't started firing yet.

I need to make a separate action for checking my own gear?

I'll do that anyhow when you select your gear. Besides, you're free to include as many actions in your post as you want.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 19, 2011, 09:22:41 am »

But I kinda have been including that in my last couple of actions and want to look at my own gear before I do the full shopping list
Raggle Fraggle

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 19, 2011, 09:23:12 am »

Oh, I totally missed that tab...lol

editing action.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 19, 2011, 09:27:38 am »

But I kinda have been including that in my last couple of actions and want to look at my own gear before I do the full shopping list

Your starting gear depends on your background. As a Foreign Merc, this is your equipment.

Foreign Mercenary: Thermal Blade, Golgo Mechanical Blade, Aurora Revolver, RUS2 Accelerator Carbine, Widowmaker, Zuche 4 Railgun, Frag Grenade, Zuche 13 Gravity Trap, Zuche 20 Shock Mine, Golgo Shrapnel Mine, Zuche 15 Tracking Drone, Target Beacon, Zuche 19 High-Power Visor, RUS10 Breaching Charge, First Aid Pack, Zuche 3 Cloaking Device

The amount of clips/explosives is determined when you leave for a mission with your four chosen weapons or devices, not before. Because I'm not rolling for twelve different items and keeping them in mind just for you.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 19, 2011, 09:53:56 am »

I'm beginning to think there's a curse on this game. All my players disappear just when their stories are getting interesting.

He's probably just being kept away from the computer for a while. He was last active on the 11th, so I'm betting a family vacation or something like that. :) But if you want someone who won't disappear... :P
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 19, 2011, 09:55:30 am »

Yeah, if he hasn't posted an action whenever I decide to update next, you're in.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 19, 2011, 10:03:05 am »

Retreat, head towards my target, keeping my Cloak up to avoid any further fanatics.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 19, 2011, 10:11:59 am »

While we're on the topic of the waiting list, I figured I'd post my sheet. Tell me if I did it wrong!
I don't know much about the setting, so I tried to keep it fairly general. :)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 58