Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 58

Author Topic: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 51  (Read 86855 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 16
« Reply #315 on: July 27, 2011, 02:28:40 pm »

Bloody hell.

Get out, nice and quietly.  Head to his office and check for him there.

Damn you 971!  At least the guard was no trouble.

[4] He manages to draw a human-sized hole and finally enters.

I'm picturing a hole exactly the shape of my silhouette that I fit exactly through.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 27, 2011, 03:13:43 pm »

[4] He manages to draw a human-sized hole and finally enters.

I'm picturing a hole exactly the shape of my silhouette that I fit exactly through.

Y'know, I wouldn't be that surprised...
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 27, 2011, 03:40:16 pm »

971 nodded.

"Oh? I was looking for an old friend...I guess I might have got the wrong address. My friend told me to meet him in his apartment..."

971 didn't know if he was a guard or agent, or just a harmless old man. Either way, he wouldn't risk a fight here in the open. If he couldn't sweet talk the old man-who might be more than an old man-best to come back later tonight, when he was better prepared.

971 acts like a confused tourist, but he's actually studying the old man, to see if he's more than he seems. Any sign of hostility gets him a flare gun in the face! Keep an eye on whats happening around me, in case people try to ambush me.

Try to convince him I'm a friend of Fashuk, and that I owe him a bit of money, so I need to get up to pay him back.

If he refuses, I'll get in my car and fly back to hotel for some healing and a bit of rest.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 27, 2011, 04:28:17 pm »

...This vessel isn't called Ishimura, is it? If so, it's a damn good thing I brought along that blade...

Gao held up a hand, signaling Ratrik to stop for the moment while he took a look around. Specifically, he wanted to find a computer to hack into, to see if there were any security cams or such to look through and get an idea of what was going on. If he couldn't find one that was also working, however, he would search for a maintenance door instead, and asked Tarur to do so as well. No need to go through the decontamination if they could help it; if the door locked behind them and the other wouldn't open they would be screwed. Gao figured he should try to avoid any chances of that scenario occurring if at all possible.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 27, 2011, 05:07:44 pm »

It's an asteroid research facility, not a ship. Unlike ships, research facilities are completely safe.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 27, 2011, 05:19:24 pm »

research facilitiesare completely safe.

Tell that to the characters of Dino Crisis 2, Martian Gothic Unification, Deep Fear, Mass Effect (some missions in that game anyway), Resident Evil, etc... You aren't going to fool me with that one. :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 27, 2011, 07:33:53 pm »

Akhain taps his bionic eye. "Mines are no problem for me... and I'm itching for a good fight. I can handle myself, and I'd rather die by bullet or blade than a long fall ending in a... well, a splat. If at all." Flashing a shaky smile, he stands up and begins stretching. "I'll take the first route. Plus, there's always a chance that I can use some subterfuge to get them to take me straight to him." He shrugs.

Get ready to embark on the first route.

((Will I still be able to attempt to get Father Kosh to trust me by telling him I used to work for the Old Regime? I assume my new employees already know that I did work for the Old Regime? ))
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 29, 2011, 04:46:12 am »

I won't be able to update this for about 1,5 weeks, so. So, err, discuss the game otherwise in the meantime?

I'll start with a question - what do you folks think about the story and general setting of the game? Be honest.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 29, 2011, 05:36:24 am »

Three thumbs up. *holds up my two thumbs with a third severed thumb held between them*

Im enjoying my little story so far, the gameplay from what I've seen seems decently thought out.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 29, 2011, 06:43:39 am »

Well, I'm starting to get a better feel for Gao by having him interact with an old friend and talk about his past a little, so that's a plus on my part. ^^

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 29, 2011, 09:23:21 am »

Well, I'm not playing yet, but I definitely get a bit of a dystopian cyberpunk-ish feel from it so I love it. Honestly, I'm a fan of most sci-fi settings and it's just really nice having someone come up with a unique setting that isn't yet another Star Wars setting (all my roleplay friends are huge SW fans and aren't terribly interested in games that aren't set in that universe). But someone else needs to die off so I can get in on it. :) Still, even if I only got to read it's a great setting with a really distinct feel, which goes a long way to making the universe believable.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 29, 2011, 09:59:52 am »

I havent been able to push really far with my character yet, but I am really enjoying the openess for all sorts of characters and locations in the setting . Its niiice.
Raggle Fraggle

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 29, 2011, 11:24:22 am »

I like it- it's a very strong change from the hack&slash most RTDs end up being.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 03, 2011, 09:16:27 am »

I had a dream about this today - a player is leading a squad in a desert warzone, holing up in a Habiri building. Masked warriors begin to appear from the sandstorm, advancing slowly. The soldiers get to positions, but then they hear a crash from the side. Then the player would've had to choose how to distribute his forces, even though he didn't have enough men to hold the building. I think the player was Toaster.

Then I woke up, feeling vaguely disappointed none of you were in a position to experience that. Although, now that I think about it, Talarion is in a desert...

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 03, 2011, 09:59:17 am »

Oh dammit... My luck is bad enough as it is! I don't wanna die on my first mission :( although, how it took me this long I know not.

What more do you need?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 58