Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 58

Author Topic: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 51  (Read 86931 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 12
« Reply #255 on: July 21, 2011, 05:37:35 am »

Taric Taiservi
"Well, I guess I'll have to tell him in person. Head to the Baron's location, taking the railgun, carbine, Thermal blade and first aid kits.

[6] - Taric calls up transport the Republic's offering, and is surprised when it turns out to be an actual private shuttle. He was expecting some rusty, crowded public hovership. They're not messing around. He drives his bike just outside the city borders and to a walled government launch pad. As an afterthought, he drags the thing inside the shuttle as well. You never know what you might need on a mission like this.

The pilot doesn't speak much, and the shuttle is soon on the way. It travels at a speed Taric is sure is illegal. The landscape flashes past in a blur. Taric begins to feel sick from staring at it for too long and has to turn away. He stares at the wall for the remainder of the trip.

[6] The pilot finally begins to slow down, and Taric spares a quick look outside. The ship is struggling on inside a blizzard common to this part of the planet, her shields getting battered by howling winds and shards of ice. The people here wear reinforced suits and masks every time they go outside at this time of the year. The pilot pushes the craft on, towards the city in the horizon. Taric tenses for a while, wondering if the pilot is skilled enough to land in this weather. Just after he convinces himself he is and relaxes, the pilot mutters a curse in disbelief. Taric turns to look, and the shuttle explodes in noise. Every single alarm goes off at once.

'What the shit?' the pilot screams. It's quite startling after his previous silence. 'Oh fuck.'

Taric doesn't waste any time, rushing to the cockpit to see what's wrong. The expression on the pilot's face is enough. Taric doesn't need to look out of the window and see the black blade-like hull of the Baron's personal starship to realize what's going on. He's found his target. Or, if he has to be honest, his target has found him. The ship's guns jut out from her sides, tracking the shuttle. How the hell did it get so close without the pilot noticing?

[6] 'Can you do anything?' Taric asks the pilot. He doesn't react, and Taric repeats the question with an accompanying punch. The pilot snaps out of his stupor.

'Hang on.' he mutters, checking something on the arcane control panel in the cockpit. 'The storm's messing with our systems, so it should be doing the same to him. I don't know if I could get us away, but I could try. But if I'm not fast enough, those guns will turn us both into slag.' He pauses, looking at a blinking icon on a monitor. 'Or, we could listen to what he has to say. Your choice, I guess.'

Spoiler: Taricus (click to show/hide)

Akhain Gazhorn
"What kind of money are we talking here?" He was less cautious now, treating this like a job offer. He was still alert, but more open now.

[1] - 'That will be discussed later. I do not wish to rush you, Mr Gazhorn, but please make your decision quickly. We both have something else to do.'

Spoiler: Talarion (click to show/hide)

Systar
Buy two Aurora clips and a Thermal Blade, then go accept the judge mission.

[4] - Systar makes his purchases and turns his attention to his missions again. He messages the senders of the judge-mission that he'll do it. Some time later, he receives more information. Judge Tegarr lives in an apartment in the heart of the Old District, though he's often in the courtroom or in the 'bowels of the city', consorting with known criminals and dragging innocents to jail.

The addresses of the first two places are included, but with extra payment, they could locate him if he's on the streets.

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Gaosaron
Gao shook his head, yawned, and stretched. Maybe he had needed the sleep, but what a waste of time! The computer was still on, so he checked his inbox for job offers.

[5] - Gao forces himself up and online, checking whatever job offers he's received. There are three.

The very first is old, from what is obviously a front for a crime organization. Offering 10 000¤ for tracking down and killing what seems to be one of their rivals. This 'Three-Cogs' apparently has an army of gangers with him and is holed up somewhere in the Industrial district.

Number two is from an old friend. Tarur Ratrik needs Gao's help with a mission he's received, finding what he thinks is a bio-weapon or such on a research facility up in the asteroid ring. His employer didn't give too much info on the job, but he's paying 30 000¤, which Ratrik is willing to split with Gao.

The third has been sent by the new government. They want someone to infiltrate the manor of Boka yl Vsiri and locate some kind of information sphere there. They want stealth and secrecy, and no collateral damage or deaths and are paying 25 000¤.

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)

Subject 971
Pursue, and hit him with the flaregun when possible.

[4] - 971 heads over to the door and peers in carefully. The door opens to a large hall with a few long tables. Dust hangs in the air, and little light is filtered in through the windows. Stairs lead down to a basement and the house continues through a doorway in the wall. [1] Fashuk is nowhere to be seen. Naturally, 971 only needs to take one step forward for the smuggler to jump in from the doorway and [2-1=1] almost drop the pistol on his feet, turn around and flee again.

[6]vs[1] For once, 971 is faster than his target. He crosses the distance with two mighty leaps and tackles Fashuk into the ground. [1] He struggles to keep 971 held down, and this escapes quickly with a knee to the crotch. The bounty hunter staggers after him. The pair enter a square, carpeted room with cushioned seats set in the ground. Various pipes and devices are scattered around the floor. 971 recognizes a few black market stimsims and drugs. The smoke in the air is somewhat intoxicating, and both combatants begin to lose their focus.

Enemies

Spoiler: Fashuk (click to show/hide)
---

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Zara
Find the exit, and run activate stealth, and shoot any guard I see, but keep running.

[5] - Zara activates the Cloaking Device, [4] and runs for the door. [3] Turning from a corner, he comes face-to-face with a Republican Guard who seems confused at first, but then begins to raise his weapon. Zara turns around and takes a blind turn before the man can fire. He's lost all sense of the archive room, and the soldier is straight behind him. [2] Naturally, when he finally finds the door, it's guarded by yet another trooper.

[2+2=4] The Guard following Zara fires blindly, [Dodge:1+2-1=2] but the path through the towering archives is very narrow, and he has nowhere to escape to. [Damage:18] The bullets dig into his back, [3] but he's already returning fire. [Dodge:2-2=1][Damage:40+12=52] The poor man takes a faceful of shotgun slugs and is thrown several metres down the path.

[1+2=3][Dodge:2+2-1=3] Zara ducks, seeing the door guard raising his carbine as well, but still catches a few bullets into his shoulder. [Damage:16-12=4] Zara charges onwards, [3] and forsakes the shotgun for the Mechanical Blade. [Dodge:3-2=1] Zara slams the whirring mechanized sword against the Guard's helmet, [Damage:15+9=24] which cracks but doesn't give in. The guard pushes Zara off him and takes a few steps back towards the stairs. Escape is within Zara's sight. He'll have to deal with this last obstacle quickly.

[1] The Guards notice the wipe and stop it before everything is destroyed. Hopefully, atleast the files Zara's employer wanted gone were wrecked.

Enemies

---

Spoiler: adwarf (click to show/hide)

Burrow

Burrow struggles with yet another alien machine, trying to get it to open. Despite all his years as a mercenary in the outside world, he has never grown good with computers. After a good fifteen minutes of hacking away at the thing, Burrow manages to open up his inbox, a black market connection and a news site.

Spoiler: KaguroDraven (click to show/hide)

---

Kaguro, in case you need to know, the list of starting equipment for the backgrounds is on Page 5. More info on everything is on the second post of the first page.

And yay, 971 and Fashuk now have an excuse for their incompetence!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 13
« Reply #256 on: July 21, 2011, 05:44:02 am »

Friends came first. "Tell me where you want to meet up and we'll discuss it in person," Gao wrote. As soon as the message was sent, he checked his equipment and decided he was satisfied with his current all-range loadout. Once he had the time and location of the meeting, he would buy some ammo (1 clip) for each of his guns on the way over.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 21, 2011, 06:15:15 am »

Check the news site, the news of these fleshbags might have some useful information.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 21, 2011, 06:23:05 am »

"Patch him in."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 21, 2011, 07:25:41 am »

"I'm interested." His eyes narrowed; He wasn't as trustworthy now, because he didn't know what kind of money he was getting. Then again, he was more trustworthy than ever, because not wanting to solidify details immediately meant they weren't trying to bait him into anything. It was worth a shot.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 21, 2011, 07:36:30 am »

((Um. Can I go on the waiting list? I, too, enjoy reading this RTD. :) ))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 21, 2011, 07:52:23 am »

Done, and glad to hear it.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 21, 2011, 08:10:01 am »

What was that music, 971 thought? It sounded so pretty...aww, he didn't wan't fight anymore...he just wanted to relax...

Flare Gun him in face!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 12
« Reply #263 on: July 21, 2011, 08:28:07 am »

And yay, 971 and Fashuk now have an excuse for their incompetence!

Meaning they'll both throw six next turn.

If they think I'm paying them anything after they offer me a pittiance, they're out of their minds.  Now... home or the office?  Home's quieter.

Go to the judge's home and stake it out.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 21, 2011, 09:30:00 am »

Finish him then run out the door, and escape

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 22, 2011, 04:56:23 am »

Taric Taiservi
"Patch him in."

[6] - Taric isn't so keen on dying yet, and tells the pilot to answer the starship's hails. He activates the blinking icon and an alien in shiny black uniform comes into view on the main monitor. Taiservi can't help but to feel somewhat disappointed. He'd wanted to see the Baron in person.

'Mister Taiservi? Alright, good.' the Baron's man says. 'The boss wants to meet you. Kill the pilot and come aboard.'

Spoiler: Taricus (click to show/hide)

Akhain Gazhorn
"I'm interested." His eyes narrowed; He wasn't as trustworthy now, because he didn't know what kind of money he was getting. Then again, he was more trustworthy than ever, because not wanting to solidify details immediately meant they weren't trying to bait him into anything. It was worth a shot.

[5] - 'Only just interested? Oh well. You can go over the details with Jinan. Welcome aboard, Mr. Gazhorn.'

[5] The connection cuts off, and the pilot turns to you. She seems relieved. 'I'm glad you chose that. I would've had to kill you if you'd declined our offer. Nothing personal, you just had heard too much.' Jinan says casually.

'Now, we need to implant you with a special comms device. This is one of our first prototypes, but we're planning on equipping all our soldiers with these once they're ready. It will allow us to remain in contact with you wherever you are. And yes, it contains a tracking device. I'm sorry, but there are always some people who think they can be oh-so-clever and play all sides. It doesn't work like that.'

Jinan smiles reassuringly, heading back to the main chamber of the ship to reveal a large alcove hidden in the wall. 'Just step in and the ship's surgical bot will do everything.'

Spoiler: Talarion (click to show/hide)

Systar
Go to the judge's home and stake it out.

[1] - Systar calls a cab to the judge's address. He appears to live in a sprawling, multi-floor apartment built according to the latest fashions and movements. It juts out from the side of a skyscraper like an ugly tumor. From where the bounty hunter's at, one could easily jump over to the narrow roof of the part sticking out of the tower wall and drop in through the window. Systar, however, decides to try the front door.

[1] He goes straight to breaking the electronical lock down. [2] Before he can bash the thing fully open, several alarms go off. Systar turns to see two heavy-set security guards heading his way.

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Gaosaron
Friends came first. "Tell me where you want to meet up and we'll discuss it in person," Gao wrote. As soon as the message was sent, he checked his equipment and decided he was satisfied with his current all-range loadout. Once he had the time and location of the meeting, he would buy some ammo (1 clip) for each of his guns on the way over.

[4] - Ratrik soon replies with the address of his hotel room, as soon as possible. He adds that the freighter that will take them up there is leaving in an hour or so. [5] Gao purchases an extra clip for all of his guns from the black market and orders a drop to his door. It arrives on time as always, and Gao pays the price of 2550¤ and drags the ammunition inside.

[3] Gao briefly forgets what he was supposed to do and spends ten minutes idly watching various entertainment devices before he remembers Ratrik and heads out. [6] The cab driver finds the hotel quickly and drops him off at the door. Gaosaron finds his old friend in the lobby. The heavy-set giant smiles when he spots Gao, shaking his hand enthuastically.

'You look terrible, hunter.' he croaks, pointing out Gao's wounds. 'Come on, follow me. The freighter's leaving soon, and we do not want to miss it. We can talk in the car.'

With that, he guides the other bounty hunter into a sleek aircar and pulls the thing into the air.

'So,' Tarur starts, 'what have you been up to lately?'

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)

Subject 971
What was that music, 971 thought? It sounded so pretty...aww, he didn't wan't fight anymore...he just wanted to relax...

Flare Gun him in face!

[6-1=5] - 971 raises the Flare Gun and, smiling faintly, finally manages to pull the trigger. [Dodge:4] It doesn't do a whole lot of good, as Fashuk isn't even looking its way and is unaffected. [3-1-1=1] The diplomat stumbles on, heading for the doorway. [8]vs[1] 971 charges forward and slams him face-first into the wall. Fashuk gives out a pained yelp and collapses. 971 drops onto the arms smuggler's back, hearing a satisfying crack of bone against the stone floor. [1] He struggles in vain under 971's weight.

'Fuck!' Fashuk hisses from below. 'Let me go! I'll pay double! Triple! Don't do it, please!'

The mission was to kill, but the bounty hunter could just use a Target Beacon to immobilize him. Dalia might have some use for him.

Enemies

Spoiler: Fashuk (click to show/hide)
---

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Zara
Finish him then run out the door, and escape

[3] - Zara performs a downward slash, [Dodge:1-2=1][Damage:9+9=18] ripping open the man's armor with force. Zara pulls out his bloody mechanized sword and throws the dying guard aside to head for the stairs. [1+2=3][Dodge:1+2=3] The horned guard from earlier appears behind Zara and opens up with the Carbine. [Damage:33-12=21] Zara lets out a hiss of sheer agony. His vision is blurring and the pain threatens to overwhelm him. He needs to get out of here.

[6] Zara runs up the stairs with inhuman speed, moving past another guard upstairs before he can react. Zara continues on, mind racing. Should he try the front door or the sewers, or the river? In any case, he needs to make a choice fast.

Enemies

Burrow
Check the news site, the news of these fleshbags might have some useful information.

[3] - Burrow looks through the news, but there isn't anything interesting to him. Outbreaks of violence, assassinations, gang warfare, the usual. There's plenty of Republic officials promising swift retribution and justice, but it's fairly obvious it's all talk and no action. A few government facilities on the coast have been shut down and abandoned without any apparent reason. Off-world, the Sikhet Federation is having trouble keeping their member-states under control and a bio-weapon of some kind has been unleashed on one of their worlds, apparently by terrorists.

Burrow checks for any info regarding his species and homeworld, but finds nothing.

Spoiler: KaguroDraven (click to show/hide)

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 14
« Reply #266 on: July 22, 2011, 05:03:48 am »

Check inbox for any jobs
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 22, 2011, 05:19:15 am »

Do as he says, Kill the pilot (Or convince him to fake his death) then pilot the shuttle towards the ship.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 22, 2011, 05:19:54 am »

Gao grimaced and shifted uncomfortably. "I imagine I do," he responded, continuing to move about and try to work the soreness and stiffness out of his muscles. The worst part about an injury wasn't the moment it happened; it hurt like hell, but in his experience adrenaline and survival instinct was enough to block the pain out. No, it was after he'd had some rest and all the chemicals had been flushed from his system. That was when the wounds hurt the most, almost sapping the life and energy out of him. His injuries were bad now, but they weren't the worst he had ever had, and he felt he could do the job.

He followed the giant to the car and got in on the passenger side. "So, what have you been up to lately?" Tarur asked, and he thought about the question, mainly about where to start at. The last time they had met had been on a ship orbiting one of the planet's moons, a corporate espionage job. Gao's job had been to get in and get the data; Ratrik's had been to watch his back. The mission hadn't gone as smoothly as he had hoped, but they practically never did since it was impossible to plan for every eventuality. In any event, the job had ended with a blown up cruiser; a necessity to escape with their hides intact.

"Well, since the Olivarin job I've been keeping my head down." He didn't think the company knew who had hit them, since no heat ever came down on him, but it was better safe than sorry. "I've mainly been doing jobs outside my area of expertise. An armed escort here, guard duty there. The job I pulled yesterday, what got me these, was hunting down a beast attacking a factory. Thing was a real son of a bitch, too, all teeth and claws. It almost got away from me, but I managed to bring it down before it could get back to the main floor and maul somebody else." He shook his head and rolled his shoulders. "I don't know, man. I never saw that animal before. It was probably an escapee from some crime lord's collection or something."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 22, 2011, 08:32:28 am »

"Don't fight, scum, or I'll snap your neck."  971 began to field strip the mans weapons, preparing to kill him if he needed to.

*assuming the man is still alive afterward*

971, now in complete control, drops to a more conversational tone, while keeping the mans own gun pointed at his head. "I wasn't paid to kill you...I need information. Your files. Tell me where and how I can get them, and I'll let you go, once I have them. Your financial information would be nice, as well. What use is money if your dead? Do what I ask, otherwise I kill with your own gun and leave you to rot, then go find them myself. Deal? "

971 begins counting to ten.

*assuming the man is still alive afterward THAT, and has given up the information*

"That should come in handy. Thanks, Fashuk." Then 971 breaks the mans neck. Pausing to call in Dalia for clean up, he wishes he would have had the time to explain to the smuggler that pillaging another mans home-or country-tends to make things personal. Didn't they know the stakes when they started?

Actions: 971 immobilzed and quickly relieved the man of all his weaponry. If the man resisted, he'd come down with a bad case of broken neck.

Then, he gives him a choice-his files or his life. Count to ten, and kill him if he doesn't comply or tries to negotiate terms.

If he does agree, kill him anyway, then call in Dalia. Then get moving, to claim the files, before Fashuks allies figure out he's dead and move to get it themselves.

OOC:
@Digital Hellhound: I just realized how vague Dalia was about if I had to actually kill Fashuk or not. Plausible Deniability, much?  :)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 08:39:02 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 58