Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 58

Author Topic: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 51  (Read 87081 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Taric Taiservi
Open fire! No quarter to criminals!

[4] - Taric knows this is the best chance he'll get. He drops his arms to his belt, gripping the Carbine tightly. Something begins to dawn on Cain's face, a mixture of surprise and anger. Taiservi slides his fingers around the trigger and pushes the barrel of the weapon up. The cold steel slams into Cain's stomach. Point blank range, he doesn't stand a chance. Taric's finger tightens around the trigger.

[Dodge:5-1=4] But Cain is simply faster. He twists his body, slamming both of his fists into Taric's right arm. The carbine unleashes a volley of bullets, but Cain has ruined the bounty hunter's aim and the shots disappear inside the platform floor. [6][Dodge:2][Damage:6] Continuing the same move, the ganger boss cracks Taric's visor with his elbow. Taric stumbles back, [6] but Cain isn't willing to let go yet. [Dodge:1] There is a crack of bone and flesh as Cain's foot connects with Taric's head. [Damage:2+2=4] Taric is sent flying onto the floor of the platform, leaving a trail of blood behind.

[3] Cain walks confidently over to the fallen bounty hunter, mistakenly thinking he's down for good. [Dodge:3-1=2] Taric snaps into movement, springing up from the floor and activating the shimmering Thermal Blade in his hand. [Damage:22] The stench of burning flesh fills the air, the Blade cutting deep across Cain's chest. It's his time to back away with a scream, dark blood gushing out of the wound. Cain spares one glance at Taric, and makes a run for it. Damnit. [4] The ganger boss pushes his way past the alien in the doorway and disappears inside the apartment. This is the best chance he has, Taric can't let his prey get away.

[2] The doorway ganger turns to follow his master back inside as well, rather than using the shotgun to finish Taric off. [3][Dodge:4-1=3] Taric fires off another burst with his carbine at the retreating enemy, [Damage:34-12=22] felling him before he can escape.

Enemies

Spoiler: Cain the Ganger Boss (click to show/hide)
---

Spoiler: Taricus (click to show/hide)

Akhain Gazhorn
Thank the salesman, head back to my living space to check my missions.

[4] - Akhain thanks the black market salesman one more time and gets out. It's about time he read up on the jobs offered. Gunfire echoes through the area when he comes home, but it's just another alleyway mugging. Gazhorn passes them quickly. He climbs up the stairs and sits down on the worn-down sofa in the safehouse, whipping out his communicator. Three new missions are available.

The first was sent by a store owner, who's received threats from some gang and wants Akhain to wipe them out, or atleast convince them to stop disrupting his business. He's willing to pay 8000¤. From his description, this seems like your standard street gang. Killing the leader should suffice.

The second is from the new regime. The target is someone called Father Kosh, and the bounty for him is 25 000¤. They want him alive. He employs an army of mercenaries and experienced old regime patriots. Akhain would have to track him down as well, as they don't actually know his whereabouts.

The third has a hidden sender, and it seems impossible to track him or her down. It doesn't mention a target or the bounty, only asking him to meet with the sender in some park in the Old District.

Spoiler: Talarion (click to show/hide)

Systar
Quietly break the lock, then move in to survey the target.

[1+2=3] After some struggle, Systar manages to get the infernal thing open. He looks around, but nobody is present. [4] His visor doesn't even spot any security cameras. Systar heads up the stairs to the roof.

The view from the top of the tower is quite spectacular, but he didn't come here for sightseeing. Systar crouches down and zooms in with his visor. The device allows almost perfect vision even at this range. [5] If there is someone in the penthouse flat right now, Systar can't see him. So he waits. Fortunately, it doesn't take long for someone to come into view. The Visor identifies the two as humans, though it can't check for ID at this range. The first is a towering brute in a suit, with brown hair in a short ponytail. He looks like his face has been sculpted from stone, all sharp lines and angles. Stjepan Milic, no doubt. The second one is a short woman, who Systar quickly dismisses as unimportant. The woman pushes the bigger man onto the bed, and Systar can't suppress a smile. This is getting a bit too personal now. They're probably going to be there for a while.

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Gaosaron
Gao looked up at where the beast had climbed up. Looks like it's too far to fly. I'll have to find another way. There was a security station nearby; he'd just go over and ask politely if he could view the blueprints. If they didn't want to show him, he would remind them that he was here to solve their problem with the predator. If they still didn't want to show him the blueprints - or no one was in there - he would kick down the door and look around for them.

[1] Gao checks the last weapon he took with him - the RUS2 Carbine, which he doesn't have any extra ammo for - [5] and heads quickly over the walkway. He can feel the heat radiating from the molten metal below. The security station is lighted up on the inside, and Gao knocks on the door. A security guard opens up, and Gao asks if he could look over the blueprints of the building. [5] After hearing the reason for Gaosaron's presence, he softens up.

'If you can get the workers to shut up about this shit, I'll be more than glad to show them to you.' he says, the visor translating with a short delay.

Gao is led up to the security box. The guard looks through the cabinets, and Gao uses the time to check the security cam feeds. [6+1=6] Luck is with him - he spots the creature on one camera. It's a large, furred predator with arms and legs perfect for climbing. It's currently feasting on some poor soul in a small room filled with pipes and valves. Gao checks the name of the room from the monitors. The guard turns around with his arms full of blueprints and maps of the factory complex, just in time to see the creature rush out of view. He doesn't seem to realize the cameras have been messed with, and lets the bounty hunter study the maps in quiet. [6] That room is just a short elevator ride away, though there's no guarantee the thing will still be there when he arrives.

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)

Subject 971
Action: 971 contacts the judge and informs him there is a person or group of persons seeking his death. Ask Tegarr, or my friends in the new regime, how much it would be worth to them for me to deal with these people.

[1] - 971 tries calling the judge, but he doesn't pick up. He leaves a message about the threat to his life anyhow. He decides to tell the new regime about it as well, but is only met with laughter.

'I'm sorry, but the entire criminal world hates him. Just killing some of them won't do anything. You should probably talk to him instead in any case.' they say. It's pointless. Hopefully Tegarr will hear the message later on.

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Zara
Check for a sewer system I could use to sneak in, and if one is non existant go find, and hijack a boat using it to sneak in to the base.

[3] - Zara decides to bypass the guards through the sewers. He checks out the sewer map of the area online. Unfortunately, it seems the closest way inside the sewer is a dozen blocks away. Well, there's no hurry. Zara makes his way to the entrance, a small building hidden in the side of a larger building. The stench is already horrible, and only going to get worse.

[6] Zara doesn't even need the Cloaking Device to get past the few men working here, or the locked door. He slips down into the tunnels. The stench of raw sewage assaults his senses, the combined waste of thousands of different species somewhat difficult to adjust to. He begins making his way towards the CSC HQ. [3] He hides behind a large pipe when he hears noise from up ahead. Soon, two gangers come into view, laughing loudly. They decide to stop just at an intersection of sorts, which Zara needs to go through, though it shouldn't be too hard to slip past.

Enemies

Spoiler: Horned Ganger (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shirtless Ganger (click to show/hide)
---

Spoiler: adwarf (click to show/hide)

Achutugu-osha
Hmm... I should get my combat knife and my pistol. Then I'll browse the black market for some more supplies.

[3] - Achutugu heads back home to prepare for the mission. [3] She has three clips for the Snaplock. She decides to check out the black market for other equipment. There's plenty of time.

It's not a long trip to the warehouse, and she's memorized the route perfectly. The huge doors are opened by a gigantic, muscled alien. Achutugu recognizes this one as 'the Rhino'. Two other guards appear, Sokh and Selene. Achutugu knows this building like the back of her own hand. A fourth alien approaches.

'You looking to buy somethin'? We've got it all. The biggest guns and fanciest machines, fresh from the factories.'

Spoiler: choobakka (click to show/hide)
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 4
« Reply #121 on: June 20, 2011, 08:33:40 am »

971 scowled. Total bust for missions this morning. This judge was probably dead already! He might as well go meet Dalia, then.

Go and meet Dalia at the spaceport!

Spoiler: Stored Equipment (click to show/hide)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 20, 2011, 08:33:57 am »

Accept the second job. Start searching. Take Zuche 20 Shock Mine, Thermal Blade, RUS2 Accelerator Carbine, Zuche 3 Cloaking Device, Target Beacon and Zuche 19 High-Power Visor

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 08:43:38 am by Talarion »
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 20, 2011, 08:43:34 am »

Gao rubbed his chin thoughtfully as he observed the target. It's probably not local. It must have been brought here from another planet; a pet that escaped, perhaps? Eh, no worry of mine and no point speculating. There's footage of it killing a man, that's all the justification I need to put it down like the rabid beast it is. The security guard brought him the maps and he scanned them all quickly with his visor, trusting its camera to record the images well enough to be clearly visible when needed. For now he paid particular attention to the nearby rooms and found the one he was looking for.

"Thank you. That will be all. I'll be back when I've got the beast." Gaosaron nodded, turned, and went for the elevator. I'd better prepare the shotgun for now. If it starts to run I'll switch to the carbine but I have the feeling this is the type of animal that likes to pounce, and I'll need a lot of punch quickly if it does.

Spoiler: Stored Equipment (click to show/hide)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 20, 2011, 09:00:22 am »

Pursue him. Don't let the prey get away! Fire with the carbine, aiming at the legs if possible.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 20, 2011, 09:22:23 am »

"You got anything on my price range? Under 5000¤ is what I can do."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 20, 2011, 10:52:06 am »

Well, good for him, good for me.  At least he can go out with a bang...

No problem, though.  He won't even hear me come in the door.  A stab or two and he's done.  The woman doesn't matter- she dies if she interferes.

Plan of attack:  Breach door as quietly as possible.  Sneak to bedroom.  When target is in good "position," dash in and stab him until he dies.  Kill the woman if she interferes- otherwise dash out and disappear into the night.  Collect payment.

That's probably more than one turn, but that way you know what I'm planning.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 20, 2011, 10:54:27 am »

Plans are good. Whose going to try the grenade in the pizza box ploy first?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 20, 2011, 11:15:59 am »

Hilariously, knocking and stabbing in the face when he answered had crossed my mind, but I figured everyone here is probably a suspicious bastard and wouldn't open the door.  It really won't work if he's... distracted.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 20, 2011, 12:00:26 pm »

Damn it they are in my fucking way. Oh well it looks like I finnally get to kill them. thought Zara as he pulled out his knife, jumped at the closest one, and used it to slit his throat.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 21, 2011, 09:06:10 am »

Taric Taiservi
Pursue him. Don't let the prey get away! Fire with the carbine, aiming at the legs if possible.

[3] - Taric rushes towards the door, determined to stay on the heels of his target. He crosses the distance in great leaps and enters the apartment. A stray thought enters his head while he's still crossing the doorway. Did Cain have more bodyguards with him or not? He soon realizes that yes, yes he did.

[1-1=1] The first, a wiry, masked alien, is taken by surprise by Taric's sudden appearance, [2][1][3] and the second isn't any faster, but Taric brings the Carbine up in an instant and opens fires. [Dodge:3-1=2][Damage:24] The second bodyguard goes down with a surprised yelp, blown off his feet by the sheer kinetic force of the bullets.

[3] The apartment is darkened, with furniture turned over and scattered all over the floor. Looks like Cain and his buddies were here to roughen up or scare off the inhabitant. The layout of the apartment seems simple, there's the room Taric just ran into, dominated by a single bed in the middle, and two others. A small TV lies on the floor, cracked open by Cain's goons. There's a large window in the back wall, which Cain is attempting to climb through. There's really nowhere to go, except maybe the second level of apartments. Cain looks athletic enough to pull that climb off.

Enemies

Spoiler: Cain the Ganger Boss (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Masked Ganger (click to show/hide)
---

Spoiler: Taricus (click to show/hide)

Akhain Gazhorn
Accept the second job. Start searching. Take Zuche 20 Shock Mine, Thermal Blade, RUS2 Accelerator Carbine, Zuche 3 Cloaking Device, Target Beacon and Zuche 19 High-Power Visor

[4] - Never one to shirk away from danger, Akhain decides to choose the most difficult job. He exchanges some messages with his Republican employees and starts preparing. He still has four Shock Mines left, and attaches them to his belt. [1] He doesn't have any extra ammo for the RUS2 Carbine, so he can't afford to waste ammo. As backup, he also takes the Thermal Blade and the Cloaking Device he bought earlier. Should be enough.

[5] A Republic aircar is sent to retrieve the bounty hunter. The lowlives of the district scatter like rats when it approaches. Akhain climbs aboard, entering a luxuriously furnished backseat. A short alien woman is waiting. She pushes two dataslates into Gazhorn's hands as he enters. There's a picture of the target on the first one, and even Akhain must admit he looks pretty intimidating. He has rough, heavy-set features, but it looks like he's shaved off the needle-like 'hair' found on his kind. Akhain's pretty sure they're extremely important in someway. Must've hurt. The scars are still visible on the picture. There's a bulletpoint list of information next to the picture, with things like 'fanatically devoted followers' and 'a swordsman of unparalled skill' included. And apparently all of those followers are heavily armed with off-world black market guns.

The second dataslate is filled with news reports and whatever info they've gathered on this guy. A bit more useful to him.

'Mr. Gazhorn?' the woman asks after awhile, shouting over the roar of the engine. 'Good luck. You're going to need it. You're the sixth man we've sent against him. Nobody's returned so far, so let's hope you'll get lucky.'

Akhain's dropped off back at his apartment, making him wonder about the purpose of the aircar trip. He thinks about ways to track this guy down. The first thought that pops into his mind is that if he's getting so much black market gear, it might be smart to ask from the black market itself. Then there's always his old contacts. It's a pretty big network, so they might know something. Or he could try to piece something together from news reports and such, though the Republic's agents seem to have done that already to no avail.

Spoiler: Talarion (click to show/hide)

Systar
Plan of attack:  Breach door as quietly as possible.  Sneak to bedroom.  When target is in good "position," dash in and stab him until he dies.  Kill the woman if she interferes- otherwise dash out and disappear into the night.  Collect payment.

[6] - Systar gets up from his position, gathers his gear and heads back down. He walks quickly, resisting the urge to run so he won't attract too much attention. If you're lucky, they won't be done in a while. Systar quickly crosses the linking bridge and looks for the elevator to the penthouse floor. The labyrinthine hotel corridors prove somewhat infuriating, but he's going up soon enough. He locates the penthouse doors in no time, and takes a deep breath. Raised voices come from inside, but it's too late to abort now. [3] Systar fumbles with the electronic lock, cursing when he can't immediately get it open. The lock beeps loudly and complains about a malfunctioning access key.

[1] The voices stop. Shit. A man's voice, no doubt Stjepan, asks 'Who's there?' from inside, and Systar hears approaching footsteps.

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Gaosaron
"Thank you. That will be all. I'll be back when I've got the beast." Gaosaron nodded, turned, and went for the elevator. I'd better prepare the shotgun for now. If it starts to run I'll switch to the carbine but I have the feeling this is the type of animal that likes to pounce, and I'll need a lot of punch quickly if it does.[/b]

[4] - Gao politely thanks the guard and heads inside the elevator. A simple button press is all it takes to bring him face-to-face with a fearsome alien predator. [6] Fortunately, not literally. The elevator doors open to a long maintenance corridor. Right at the end of the corridor, partly obscured by a cloud of steam, the predator sits munching on some poor bastard's innards. This looks like a new victim.

[4] Gao opens up with the shotgun, but the range is too great to do any effective damage. [Dodge:5] The beast is back on it's feet and starts racing down the corridor away from him. [3]vs[8+1=9] Gao rushes after it, but the creature is much faster than him and crosses the distance to the next room with a few great leaps. The time Gao gets there, it's long gone.

There's four maintenance rooms along this corridor, but it could've just as well leaped outside and back over the Steelworks. A brief scan turns up no tracks, though a more thorough one might.

Enemies

Spoiler: Alien Predator (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)

Subject 971
Go and meet Dalia at the spaceport!

[6] - Just fifteen minutes later, 971 stands by a glass wall in the starport. This is the right level, but Dalia is nowhere to be seen. The general wanted to meet him here, and 971 is sure he's on the right level. He prepares to make another walk through the floor, but a voice from the small cafe behind him stops 971 in his tracks. He turns to look, but there's only a few crewmen and women in their jumpsuits present.

'Over here, 971. We've got work to do.' one of them says, taking her helmet off. 971 wonders how he didn't recognize her earlier. Dalia looks like she's aged decades since they last saw. Being charge of the Republican Guard and the cleansing of the city can't be easy.

'What's with the outfit?' 971 asks, settling himself into another chair at Dalia's table.

'I'm here undercover. Doesn't matter. Let's get down to business.' she says curtly. 'See that guy?'

Dalia points at a Sikhet male in what probably passes as a suit for their kind, manipulating the controls of a datasphere across the hall. 971 memorizes his face and outfit quickly.

'He's a diplomat from the Sikhet Federation, called Fashuk il-Maldas. Unfortunately, he also runs the largets smuggling operation in the sector. He's the main provider of arms to the gangs and syndicates. I'd love to arrest him, right now, right here, but there's all that diplomatic immunity bullshit. We don't have enough evidence to arrest him, so I'm turning to you. I don't trust the hired gun scum that's been trickling onto the planet, but you're a friend. I want you to follow him, find out where he's staying and then take him down. If you can download his files beforehand, all the better. We need those to root out the Federation's spies and informants in the government.'

Dalia pauses, gauging 971's reaction. 'We can pay, of course, if you need the money, but I've got other things I think you might be interested in. It's your choice.'

Across the hall, Fashuk shuts down his datasphere and heads to the elevator. If 971 doesn't go after him now, it could take hours to locate him again, but he doesn't have much of his gear with him right now. It might not be the best idea to go in unprepared. 

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Zara
Damn it they are in my fucking way. Oh well it looks like I finnally get to kill them. thought Zara as he pulled out his knife, jumped at the closest one, and used it to slit his throat.

[5] - Zara jumps over the pipe into the water, closing the distance to the first ganger quickly. His chainblade wakes up with a roar, [Dodge:4] but the horned ganger jumps back and escapes the blow. [4] The bounty hunter continues on undaunted, using his implant to it's full potential. He moves so fast his vision blurs, [Dodge:2] but not too much to save the ganger. [Damage:13] The chainblade rips through flesh and bone like paper, tearing apart Zara's opponent's insides. The stench is horrifying. [2] The screaming man collapses, not even trying to fight back.

[2] His friend near the wall screams curses but fails to fire, stupid enough to leave the safety on. [1] Zara doesn't have time to go after him, focusing instead on pulling his blade out from the first ganger's spleen.

[5] The second ganger makes a rather wise decision and turns to flee. Just a stupid, scared kid. There's not much point in chasing him.

Enemies

Spoiler: Horned Ganger (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shirtless Ganger (click to show/hide)
---

Spoiler: adwarf (click to show/hide)

Achutugu-osha

[3] - The salesman rolls his eyes and begins listing things costing under 5000¤.

Spoiler: List (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: choobakka (click to show/hide)

---

Bah, I wrote the turn for the first four players yesterday, and for the rest today, with a headache. Ignore all drops in quality.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 5
« Reply #131 on: June 21, 2011, 09:10:17 am »

Keep on him. Open fire as well. Ignore the drugged up ganger for now. If cain does get up, throw a grenade in with him.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 09:34:22 am by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 21, 2011, 09:19:16 am »

"No problem, Dalia. You won't see him again, I promise."

971 heads to the ground floor to wait for his target to emerge from the elevator. Then he follows him at safe distance, not engaging him directly yet, just seeing where he goes, and studying his habits.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 21, 2011, 09:21:03 am »

It's all right. ^^;

Gao transferred his shotgun to the middle pair of arms and raised his top right hand to his visor, pressing a few buttons to initiate a more advanced scan. If it turned up nothing he would assume it had went into one of the rooms and sweep them one at a time; animals liked to lurk in dark, enclosed spaces if he knew his psychology.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 21, 2011, 09:26:29 am »

Don't forget: It crawls on walls, ALIEN style. You know what that means...  :P
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 58