Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 58

Author Topic: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 51  (Read 87120 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Frothing-mouth nationalist. So the opposite way 'round, he doesn't mind the rebels but the everyone offworld trying to take a piece of his home is going to get shot. Repeatedly.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey Digital could you perhaps give me more melee based weapons (ones that stab) with a gun for backup?

I only have two melee weapons in starting equipment right now, but I suppose I can put in more. You'll have a wide variety of different weapons and gadgets to choose from to take with you on missions. Everybody probably starts with four inventory slots, gaining more as you progress in the game.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Ah, OK. I getcha, Taric.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

I think adwarf and I have the same general approach to combat- we could probably team half-decently.

As far as ideals go, my only one would be "Looking out for #1," so I'd just take jobs from whoever paid well.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile

I would do anything that would help bring down the Illuminati, man. They're watching us... From the walls and the sky and the earth... Can you see the fnords?

Greyejoy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Man, all your characters have some interesting ideals and goals. I'm kind of looking forward to whenever mine gets in, how you all deal with a mentally unstable psycho whose only objective is to do as much damage as possible. It fits even better with mine showing up later too after everyone falls into a niche. This is lining up well!
If you had necromancy powers, this would be a pretty solid way to prank people.
A creepy old man runs up to you and suddenly the skin in your backpack tries to kill you? High Octane Nightmare Fuel much.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My approach is kill them before they know your there, and if they find me I disappear,and kill them from the shadows as they try to find me.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm, I think I'll add a cloaking device into the equipment list now.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm, I think I'll add a cloaking device into the equipment list now.
Thank you very much thank you.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, don't overestimate the thing. It doesn't protect you from motion sensors, thermal cams or such. Sure, your average gang won't have any of this stuff, but atleast the smarter ones fill the entrances to their bases with proximity mines against people like you.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, don't overestimate the thing. It doesn't protect you from motion sensors, thermal cams or such. Sure, your average gang won't have any of this stuff, but atleast the smarter ones fill the entrances to their bases with proximity mines against people like you.

I know I will find a stealthy way in.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile

Name:*Real name is unpronouncible by most species, goes by callsign* Burrow
Appearance: Burrow is the quinticential 'Soldier' type male of his species. His chintin is a dark brown color and provides a hard covering to the delicate body and organs underneithed. His body is slim but long, built for speed and flexibility. He has two legs that while they have a set 'kneecap' can actuilly bend at almost any point with effort, something nessicery for the underground wars of his homeworld. His legs are thin and appear weak at first glance but are some of the sturdiest things about his phyisical body, the feet in two forward faceing talons with one backward faceing one(similer to a bird). His arms are similer in build to his legs, through they have poison secreters near the wrists. Both sets of arms, four arms total, can easily move around each other and are physically powerful. The top set of arms are in the 'usual' place for bipedial species, but the second set come from the sides of his 'stomach', he usually keeps them hidden, wrapped around his 'stomach' as a supprise for those he hunts down. He has two large compound eyes on either side of his head, allowing him a nearly 360 degree range of vision, though it's easiest to focus on one or two things at a time. He has a triangularly shaped head that ends in a.....complicated mounth, meant to do many things. It's major use is, of course, biteing into things to eat them, though it's meant for both sucking neuitrients out and for swallowing the food. But it has an additional use, it can secrete a chemical meant to melt into earth and hard rock to weaken it to allow his claws to digg into them easily. His eyes have a harder time seeing in bright lights, more accustomed to seeing in near perfect darkness.
Background:Foreign Mercenary
Starting Implant:AugeanTech LightningBolt Pack
History (optional):Burrow is from a species that has almost never left their homeworld. On the surface their world appears to be a barren rock akin to any barren rock in the galaxy. But hidden underground is an entirely different story, just a mile benieth the surface the world is teeming with life, of many shapes and sizes. His species was actuily one of three sapient races on the world. All three warred violently for millenia, along with different 'hives' of themselves until two of the species where driven to extinction. Even now, and for the several centuries since the long war was won,differnt 'hives' of his own species constantly war with one another. Their species has rarely ever gone to the surface, and even when they did they rarely ever thought of going to space. Until a small mineing colony was made, and annilated, on the surface. His Queen immediately sent out orders for their own starship to be built and for scouts to be sent into the galaxy to report on what these new creatures are like. This is still his mission above all else. Explore, investigate, find information, send reports back to his Queen.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile

Name: Akhain Gazhorn
Appearance: Akhain is from a strange race that humans are similar to. (Or, it's widely seen as such because his race was among the stars before Humanity) Similar build and features. In fact, most Humans view people from his race to be similar to fictional creatures thought of on earth; He has toughened, shiny black skin, and short, white hair. His eyes are black, rather than white, with golden-orange Iris'. He also has small, sharp nails on the ends of his fingers and toes, as well as sharpened canines. He is only slightly odd, as the average eye-color for his race is grayish-green or pale yellow.
Background: Former Regime Operative
Starting Implant: MultiVision Ocular Modification
History (optional): Akhain was a Regime Operative, before it got taken down. He viewed most conflicts as 'amusing', which is one of the reasons he was exiled off his home planet. After the Old Regime was taken down, well, he became a bounty hunter. From his time as an Operative, he has Ocular implants that automatically pick out explosives in his vision. He always has prided himself on his vision, and his main dream is getting a Ocular Implant that would give him a HUD, and other features common to old Human 'video games', because that would make everything so much more amusing.

Sorry it took so long, I didn't have time before I went to school.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 0
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2011, 03:05:53 am »

(Anything coloured is most likely an acronym, so hover over it to see more info.)

The sun finally climbs above the horizon, light flooding the city streets once again. Thyan - or Hope City, as the new government insists on calling the capital - never sleeps, but atleast the daylight sends the less-wanted members of society running back for their hiding places, where you'll have to dig them out from. Seven bounty hunters in apartments, hotel rooms and safehouses across the city ready for their first missions on the planet.

---

Day 1

Taric Taiservi

Taric moves his feet off the computer table, seeing the blinking icons in the side of the screen. New messages, which hopefully mean new targets and new money. Behind him, a furious voice bellows from whichever entertainment device he has wired up, repeating the latest news, but he hasn't had time to listen yet. A smaller computer sits  on the floor behind him, this one guarded and encrypted carefully for safe access to the black market and his old informants, in case he needs more ammunition and gear.

Spoiler: Taricus (click to show/hide)

Akhain Gazhorn

Akhain stares outside, his bionic eye flickering between thermal, infrared and normal vision. Just outside his window, two hooded gangers are mugging somone. This is a bad neighbourhood, but he had to flee when the angry revolutionary mobs stormed his home. There are some new messages on his communicator, and the woman on his radio keeps blathering on about the latest incident or gang war out on the streets. In his pocket is a worn note with a black market warehouse address he got from his informants two days earlier.

Spoiler: Talarion (click to show/hide)

Systar

Systar finishes cleaning his collection of blades and assorted close combat weapons, and turns on his laptop, leaving it on the table. A portable TV, connected to the planetary network, sits on his bed alongside guns and other equipment he's laid on it for further inspection. The hotel room is small and cramped, and not really built for humans specifically. The small filter implant he received yesterday so he could properly breathe this planet's atmosphere still hurts like hell. Still better than the clunky and easily damaged breathing gear he would've otherwise been forced to use. A small 'ping' from his laptop signs that it's ready to use. It's automatically connected to the black market and the various messaging accounts he uses. There seem to be new job offers for him.

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Gaosaron

With a flick of his wrist, Gao connects his datacore into the online network, or whatever it is called on this planet. Easily manipulating the controls with his implant, he also opens up a news site and a closed connection to an equipment market. He's found that listening to the current events and news of his location can prove very valuable. Fortunately, there appear to be plenty of new missions for him on this backwater.

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)

Subject 971

971 gets up from his bed in the little apartment the new government has graciously given him. His work for the resistance didn't go unnoticed, and the apartment sits in a skyscraper in the rich Old District. He couldn't have ever afforded this place if the revolutionaries hadn't pulled in a few favours for him. He moves over to his computer and opens it up. He has new messages waiting for him, hopefully his first bounty hunting jobs. The rebels have been spreading word of his services for him. Dalia - that's General, nowadays - personally had a huge advert of his projected against the side of a building in the financial district. Various entertainment devices cycle through the daily news around the apartment. He still has the addresses of old smugglers and contacts from the old days if he needs to visit the black market - not that he has that much money to spend.

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Zara

Zara revs up his mechanized blade, trying a few moves in the closet he's made into a makeshift training room. If he's lucky, he'll get to use the thing soon enough. Behind him, a black laptop beeps about new targets. He's also left a news site open on it. He's got the numbers of the local black markets, in case he feels he needs extra equipment and supplies.

Spoiler: adwarf (click to show/hide)

Achutugu-osha (I'll... go with she/her, m'kay?)

Achutugu-osha hammers on her dataslate controls with her dextrarms, bringing up whatever messages she's received during the night. It hasn't been designed for her kind, but she's learned to use such things during her youth with humans. The thing is filled with safeguards and self-made protections, because you never know when the Illuminati are watching. For much of the same reasons, her apartment has little furniture, and the few there are have been built by herself or her family. Achutugu's covered the windows with steel plating so no-one can see inside, but she's pretty sure it's dawn.
She has the location of a black market warehouse memorized - mainly because she's been watching it for the past few weeks in case it's an Illuminati front. She feels somewhat comfortable about going there now. Achutugu has a news site bookmarked on her dataslate, even though most of the stuff is just Their lies. It looks like there are some new messages for her.

Spoiler: choobakka (click to show/hide)

---

I had way too much fun with the last one.

In case someone didn't realize, I've given everybody three things to do - check your messages/job offers, watch news or visit the black market. Of course, if you want to go wandering outside, I'm not stopping you.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 03:08:27 am by Digital Hellhound »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 0
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2011, 03:20:59 am »

Search the blackmarket for stealth weapons, and devices.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 58