Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 58

Author Topic: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 51  (Read 86857 times)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 41
« Reply #705 on: June 19, 2012, 06:59:11 am »

.... My god, I just realised that I was reading 'defected' as 'deformed'.

Sorry, that was my bad. Will stay with current choice still, for continuity's sake. And your sanity. I apologise for that >.>

And no, his skin is normal for his species.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: June 19, 2012, 08:38:34 am »

So much for a stealthy frontal approach.  I need to make sure that grenade doesn't go off.

Throw the gravity trap at the boss.  Advance while moving from cover to cover, taking shots of opportunity.  (Unless the grav trap hits all of them, in which case charge and mow them down.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: June 20, 2012, 03:48:56 am »

Kaviv flinched and grunted as the shot grazed him, but managed to bite back a cry of pain. He made a noise a bit like "Ghh!" before ducking back down into cover as 971 started diplomatizing.
Not daring to inspect his injury just yet, Kaviv will steady his hands and re-load his shotgun. He racks the first shell in readiness, watching 971 and waiting for a response. He was nervous, of course, but the adrenaline in his system kept him going. Having a seasoned operative like 971 on his side didn't hurt his confidence, either...
'I hope he doesn't just make them angrier...'

>Get down into cover! Re-load shotgun! Wait and see what happens!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: June 29, 2012, 09:33:32 am »

Akhain Gazhorn
I'll go with Hurid yl Bassdrom

[5] - The role of the Republic intermediary proves more alluring to Akhain. He lets the automated programs do their work and make him, as far as the database is concerned, Hurid yl Bassdrom. If the cab driver notices anything - the more modern vehicles usually scan their passengers - he doesn't say anything. The bounty hunter's hotel creeps ever nearer, and soon enough Akhain is out of the cab and in the hotel lobby.

He's got Systar's room number, but the man isn't necessarily home. Chatting up the staff manning the lobby desks might be worthwhile.

Spoiler: Talarion (click to show/hide)

Systar
So much for a stealthy frontal approach.  I need to make sure that grenade doesn't go off.

Throw the gravity trap at the boss.  Advance while moving from cover to cover, taking shots of opportunity.  (Unless the grav trap hits all of them, in which case charge and mow them down.)

[5] - Acting quickly, Systar grabs his remaining Gravity Trap and flings it across the church floor [3] at the gang leader. [Dodge:2] The cylinder slams square into his chest and activates. He barely manages a yelp of surprise before the field engulfs him and locks him into place. [8] From the look of it, Systar is in luck - it should hold him for the time being.

The two remaining gangers erupt in frenzied shouting and curses and head for cover. [2][1] They find it behind the benches and get down. Systar moves out, keeping himself low. He vaults over benches and slides down under the next.

[6] Systar's shots [2][Dodge:6+1] are quick and opportunistic, but fail to find flesh. [6][2] The half-hearted return fire from the gangers [Dodge:3+1=4] isn't any better. Systar finds himself only two rows away from the gangers, huddled behind thick wood. The leader is still stuck on his dais, feet dangling in the air, mouth twisting ever-so-slowly to incoherent rage.

Enemies
Spoiler: Ganger Boss (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Big Ganger (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Masked Ganger (click to show/hide)

---

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Gaosaron
"Wait. I want to know something first... Can you tell us just what the hell happened here?" Gao said, trying to look past the man and see more of the room behind him.

[5] - 'Mmh. Of course. I thought that that message might not have gone through,' the man says. [2] Gao can't pick up anything else than the empty hallway behind the man. If there are other survivors, they're still somewhere inside.

'From what we've been able to gather - which is not that much - this started as simple, honest corporate espionage. It's no secret that the corps out here in the fields do it. Send a few infiltrators or an AI aboard the next supply boat and steal-slash-sabotage the other guys' research. People rarely get killed.'

'I'm guessing something went wrong this time?' Tarur says, keeping his eyes on the canteen behind them.

'Uhh... yeah. We had a shipload of non-sentients coming in for testing. Somebody snuck an experimental AI - Jones says it's a DiamondEye lease, but I don't know - aboard the lab ship and had it take control over the ship's systems over its journey. So we obviously don't know for sure what happened next, but we're guessing it was here for sabotage and got a little overexcited. Long story short, the non-sentients arrived with their intelligence boosted tenfold and in much greater numbers. Unfortunately, we only found out when they forced the containment door open and began arming themselves. We locked ourselves in here - it was every man for himself then. We thought the AI was in control at first, but it looks like the little bastards locked it out of the primary systems somehow.'

He grimaces. 'And... that's about it. We've been living on emergency rations this past week, stuck in these panic rooms.'

Tarur nods slowly, taking it in, and speaks. 'How many of these things are there? We might need some reinforcements from your boss for a full purge.'

'There were sixty of them when they came in, twice as many as there should've been, but they've been breeding more like there's no tomorrow from the lab ship. There could be over a hundred by now.'

Allies

Spoiler: Tarur Ratrik (click to show/hide)

---

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)

Subject 971 and Kaviv Otoli
Action: Kill the Headband Ganger and autoreload my pistol.

Either way, Try to end the fight through some forceful diplomacy.

Kaviv flinched and grunted as the shot grazed him, but managed to bite back a cry of pain. He made a noise a bit like "Ghh!" before ducking back down into cover as 971 started diplomatizing.
Not daring to inspect his injury just yet, Kaviv will steady his hands and re-load his shotgun. He racks the first shell in readiness, watching 971 and waiting for a response. He was nervous, of course, but the adrenaline in his system kept him going. Having a seasoned operative like 971 on his side didn't hurt his confidence, either...
'I hope he doesn't just make them angrier...'

>Get down into cover! Re-load shotgun! Wait and see what happens!

[5] - 971 aims down and fires, [Dodge:1+1+1-1=2] and the running ganger goes down. [Damage:6] He goes down with a yelp, shouting for help. The others ignore him, not moving one inch.

"Last chance boys. Clear out of this place and never come back. You know you've not got the numbers to hold out against a rival gang anymore-you've not even got enough to continue harassing little old shopkeepers. At this point, you're finished. It's either die or run.

Your choice. So, anybody feel like a Hero today? Who wants to be next?"

There is a long silence after 971's words, broken only by the sound of approaching footsteps. They echo around, making it hard to tell where the reinforcements are coming from. [1] Finally, there's a reply - but not what the hunters would've wanted. The footsteps stop, and a new shape comes into view. An instant before it wakes up, 971 makes out the shape of another Golgo heavyweight.

[6] 971 is uncomfortably reminded of his encounter on the walkways outside, [1][Dodge:1+1=2] just before a volley slams through the flimsy metal on the railings and through them against his battered armor. [Damage:7] This time, the shots only scrape him, but it still hurts like hell. Both of the hunters are forced to keep their heads down under the onslaught.

[5-2=3] Breaking through the suppressing fire, the bounty hunter returns fire. [Dodge:6-1=5] Even with his upgraded weapon, his quick shot meets metal and ricochets off without hitting anyone. Kaviv, too busy reloading, has no chance to fire.

[2][5] With reinforcements and an opportunity, the hiding ganger fires as well, [2][Dodge:1+1=2] punching off a burst that catches Kaviv in the back of the thigh. [Damage:12] He forces himself to stay put and finishes reloading his weapon.

[6] None of the three remaining gangers appear, and the hunters can't hear them either. It may be that they were more in favor of 971's offer and headed out. Or the source of the gunfire from earlier might've gotten them.

Enemies

Spoiler: Headband Ganger (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hiding Ganger (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: MG Ganger (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Other Enemies (click to show/hide)

---

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Yoink (click to show/hide)

Barauc
Head out to somewhere with considerable less "Heat"

[4] - Barauc has learned enough of this city to know where to go. The government's hold on it is limited. Gang territory poses another set of problem, but he's fairly sure law enforcement can't touch him there. Stay low there until the heat's died down, and then proceed to Tegarr - he's been through this before, atleast somewhat.

[4] The cab arrives, and the driver takes his directions to the Pits in the Industrial District remarkably calmly. The gangers there have been known to shoot down even passing Guard aircraft. But even better, he asks no questions or makes any comments, and is fast enough to leave the hotel behind in an eyeblink. Barauc keeps his eye open for any pursuing craft, but it looks like he escaped immediate scrutiny. They'll have security tapes and records, though.

Black, acrid smoke hides the rest of the city from view as soon as they penetrate deeper into the Industrial District. Down beneath the walls of the factories, under the shoddy worker tenements and tent cities, Barauc hears the shotgun-bark and panicked shouting of the underworld.

The cab sets him down next to a vast steel globe containing whatever industrial materials the factories need. The hulls of stripped-clean vehicles are scattered along the space, which the driver eyes with some worry. Barauc pays him quickly and gets out.

After the car disappears into the sky, Barauc stands for a moment in silence. The shadowed, trash-filled alleys seem to snake through the area, following the factory walls. Not too far away, Barauc seems a colourfully-decorated building with people milling about. Light shines from the windows and loud music spills out of the door any time someone enters or leaves. Some distance behind it rises what seems to be a fighting pit.

Spoiler: Riccto (click to show/hide)

Loria
Loria made a token effort to recover the bodyguard's implant. Even if it was destroyed she might be able to get a manufacturer's ID off it. That done (or not) she quickly rummaged through the bedroom's dresser trying to find a loose covering to hide the damage to her torso. She headed out of the apartment building, taking the stairs to try and avoid meeting anyone in the elevator, aiming to meet with the PI.

[4] - There's no identifying the implant, but Loria picks out a few shreds of what she hopes are synthetic matter for future study. Poking around in the man's innards isn't too inviting anyhow, and she doesn't really have much time. The bounty hunter gets up and heads out of the wrecked apartment, [5] pausing to clean her more obvious wounds and blood and to tie a linen sheet behind her armor. That done, she hurries downstairs and out of the apartment complex - fortunately without encountering anyone else.

Once outside, she finds a quiet spot and gets in contact with the PI. They negotiate to meet there and Loria settles down to wait, trying to keep her wits intact despite her wounds. After what seems to be an eternity, Teodosio appears. Loria only notices him when he's standing over her already.

'Damnit. Come on. We'll find you some medical help on the way,' he says and grits his teeth. 'What happened? Don't tell me you killed them. I'm in trouble enough as it is.'

---

Spoiler: Theodolus (click to show/hide)

---

971's and Kaviv's mission might be the only one where ammo might at some point actually run low. Mostly because they don't scavenge. Have I mentioned I made clip sizes waaaay too big?

Also, Dwarmin, I swear, it's not physically possible for you to have worse dodging luck. Have you actually successfully dodged anything in the game so far?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 01:23:40 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 42
« Reply #709 on: June 29, 2012, 10:07:59 am »

Chat up the staff manning the lobby desks.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: June 29, 2012, 10:11:12 am »

Loria looked over at the PI. "No, they left the apartment a while back. I thought I might find some worthwhile information inside but their bodyguard stayed behind and got the drop on me." She laughed a little self deprecating laugh. "I didn't even kill him. The idiot managed to do that all on his own. Ouch! Agh, this hurts something fierce." She grabbed some painkillers from one of her first aid kits and chomped them down. "So where are we headed?"
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: June 29, 2012, 11:48:40 am »

"Shit. We don't have the firepower to take down that many." Gao thought for a moment. "I don't suppose we'd be lucky enough to have a self-destruct system in this place, would we? Because I think our best bet is to activate that and get the hell out."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: June 29, 2012, 12:54:48 pm »

Sucks for the boss ganger.  5 combat roll, 2 dodge, max stun.

I've got you now.  Right where I want you.

Move in for a blade kill on the two mobile gangers.  When they're dead, borrow a pistol from one, and execute the boss.  Loot his grenade.

Was that grenade intended to be used as a threat?

Speaking of grenades, as much as I'd like to keep it, you forgot to remove that grav trap from my inventory.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: June 29, 2012, 01:24:55 pm »

Was that grenade intended to be used as a threat?

Speaking of grenades, as much as I'd like to keep it, you forgot to remove that grav trap from my inventory.

That's awfully kind of you. In return, I'll throw you into only 'suicidal shmuck bait missions' from now on.

And yes, he might've used it eventually but we'll never know now.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: June 29, 2012, 01:44:55 pm »

Aren't those the missions I'm already on?   :D

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: June 29, 2012, 01:53:43 pm »

I was afraid you might say that. I am left only with one option - ramp up the difficulty even more. I mean, come on, gangers? What are they gonna do, miss you with a Snaplock? Fortunately, your next few missions are, unsurprisingly, going to feature a bit tougher foes. Especially the assassination if you ever get to it, oh yesssss.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: June 29, 2012, 01:58:46 pm »

I guess I should have said "excepting this one."  The judge and the Consul, oh yes indeed.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: June 29, 2012, 02:01:59 pm »

I guess I should have said "excepting this one."  The judge and the Consul, oh yes indeed.

And, uhh, the head of a powerful interplanetary crime organization, which the Republic excepts you to start working towards soon, y'know. Who knows, maybe they'll send a suspiciously-acting intermediary to help you with that.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: June 29, 2012, 02:13:01 pm »

Yeah yeah, I know.  They're next if I can ever kill all these gangers- they breed like rats.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: June 29, 2012, 02:15:42 pm »

Okay, you really should know better by now. Brb, replacing all gangers with foreign, heavily-armed mercenaries.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 58