Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 58

Author Topic: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 51  (Read 87084 times)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 0
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2011, 03:29:23 am »

Just curious, but does species actually impact anything to do with gameplay? And if it does, could I add in one or two perks from my species? Also, how early would it be possible to get further implants? In any case, my action IS:

Akhain stared at his computer for a few moments, before shrugging. A human physical tic that he picked up somewhere in these last few years. He gathered up his things, donning the human clothing he had. Another thing he picked up from the humans; It was hard to work among them without them.. for some reason, Human's have this odd notion of 'indecency' that includes Akhain and his species, for some reason. Possibly due to the Humans similarities to his species. He also picked up a handheld gun, and some ammunition for it, and strapped it on to his body in an easily reachable place. Then he opened his door, and headed off to the Black Market warehouse. It was a routine check for him. He never found what he wanted, or needed... but he may aswell check nonetheless.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 09:23:58 am by Talarion »
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2011, 03:50:16 am »

Gao scratched at his nose with his middle right arm while his top pair of arms manipulate the holographic image of a keyboard and monitor before him. His lowest right arm held a cup of water and his lowest left a sandwich of local plants, which he bit into as he scrolled the feeds. His middle arms then went to the holographs at either side, one pulling up any local jobs while the other scrolled a black market's inventory list. The original feed continued to play the planetary news. Which to prioritize... jobs. I shouldn't buy equipment until I know what I need. He turned his head to the left to look at the listings...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2011, 03:57:39 am »

Just curious, but does species actually impact anything to do with gameplay? And if it does, could I add in one or two perks from my species? Also, how early would it be possible to get further implants?

Afraid not. Species might affect story (though not much - this is a planet with tens of thousands different species), but not gameplay. You can get implants as soon as you can afford them. They're not that cheap, though.

Don't be afraid to think up your own characters and things. Most of the time, I can fit them in just fine.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2011, 03:59:28 am »

Will my species atleast allow me to dig undergound easier when I get to join? That's basicly why I made him the way he is, he hunts targets from bellow the ground.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2011, 04:02:32 am »

Was just wondering if I could have some additions to my character's species. (Such as a larger lung capacity, hardier skin and musculature, slightly less brittle bones etc) Could I still have them, but not have them impact on the game?
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2011, 04:06:44 am »

Was just wondering if I could have some additions to my character's species. (Such as a larger lung capacity, hardier skin and musculature, slightly less brittle bones etc) Could I still have them, but not have them impact on the game?

Yeah, sure. They just won't have an impact on gameplay or your stats.

Will my species atleast allow me to dig undergound easier when I get to join? That's basicly why I made him the way he is, he hunts targets from bellow the ground.

Well, even if I allowed this you'd have a pretty serious problem as most missions take place in the capital city. It's a bit difficult to burrow under metal and concrete, don't you think?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2011, 04:28:56 am »

Go though my equipment (Buy some if it's all gone) then search for some jobs.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2011, 07:54:40 am »

971 was glad for the work. Hell, he was glad to be alive. He experimental tapped a few buttons on the keyboard-things like this were still fairly new to him, and opened his messages. Hopefully he can take care of some enemies of the New Republic today...

He scrolled down past the advertisements, answered a few fan mails (I didn't have a mom or a dad, just like you 971...Keep fighting the good fight 971...I'm glad your on our side! Make those Old Regime bastards pay!...) and opened the folder that said "Business".

Action:Check job offers
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2011, 09:19:45 am »

For the love of money is the root of all evil...
                     1 Timothy 6:10

Systar frowned at the cramped condition of the dingy hotel room he had set up as his base of operations.  Little matter for now, though, as it was cheap and he was here for... field work.  He had a decent stash of cash, but it wouldn't do to spend it all before knowing what tools were needed for the job at hand, now would it?

First things first would be a quick glance at his current equipment while the job options loaded up.  The sooner he got his feet wet, the sooner he could get paid.

Check job options.  Also list current equipment.

Are implants the main equipment, or are there other things to collect as well?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2011, 09:32:32 am »

Just curious, but does my bionic eye actually do more than listed? I saw thermal and infrared vision... Could I use those for more general purposes? (e.g could I use Thermal vision to find someone who is hiding in a warehouse or something?)

What more do you need?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2011, 09:35:41 am »

Implants don't actually count as equipment, as they're inside your bodies. There's a ton of equipment, but you'll only have four inventory slots for each mission. Ammunition doesn't take up any space.

For example, if the mission parameters forbid collateral damage and unnecessary deaths, you could fill one slot with Gravity Traps (grenades that immobilize enemies), one with Flare Gun (a pistol that temporarily stuns enemies), a Cloaking Device and First Aid Kits (just in case). Or if you want to cause as much damage as possible, you can fill them with the biggest guns and bombs in your arsenal. You can have as many of them with you as you can afford. (I think. I haven't decided yet if I should include a limit.)

Everybody starts with a limited amount of everything from their equipment lists (different for each background, though there is a lot of overlap), and you can buy more from the black market.

Just curious, but does my bionic eye actually do more than listed? I saw thermal and infrared vision... Could I use those for more general purposes? (e.g could I use Thermal vision to find someone who is hiding in a warehouse or something?)

Sorry, that was mostly flavor, but you could buy a upgrade for it later on that would allow things like that.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2011, 09:43:25 am »

It's cool. I like flavour... Though I will eventually upgrade my bionic eye into... THE ULTIMATE EYE

What more do you need?

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2011, 09:58:42 am »

Check the messages from the illuminati pawns to see what lies they want to feed me this time.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2011, 12:06:20 pm »

Listing everybody's starting equipment choices would bloat the update unnecessarily, so I'm just listing their names and who gets what in this post and adding the details to the second post on the first page.

Former Regime Operative: Thermal Blade, Golgo Mechanical Blade, RUS2 Accelerator Carbine, Widowmaker, Frag Grenade, Zuche 20 Shock Mine, Zuche 15 Tracking Drone, Target Beacon, Zuche 19 High-Power Visor, RUS10 Breaching Charge, First Aid Pack

Foreign Mercenary: Thermal Blade, Golgo Mechanical Blade, Aurora Revolver, RUS2 Accelerator Carbine, Widowmaker, Zuche 4 Railgun, Frag Grenade, Zuche 13 Gravity Trap, Zuche 20 Shock Mine, Golgo Shrapnel Mine, Zuche 15 Tracking Drone, Target Beacon, Zuche 19 High-Power Visor, RUS10 Breaching Charge, First Aid Pack, Zuche 3 Cloaking Device

Inexperienced Revolutionary: Combat Knife, Snaplock Pistol, Widowmaker, Frag Grenade, RUS8 HE Mine, Target Beacon, Zuche 19 High-Power Visor, Flare Gun, First Aid Pack

I'm going to randomly generate the amount of explosives/devices you get and the amount of clips in your weapons, 'cos this is an RTD and I need to be rolling the dice every now and then. Check here what you get, and read the details from the second post. Oh, and Target Beacons and the High-Power Visors don't take any space in your inventory. They're in more for flavor, especially the latter.

These are just the starting weapons and more powerful ones can be found on the black market.

I'll be writing up the actual update soon-ish, ignoring all the actions about listing starting equipment.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2011, 03:13:23 am »

Taric Taiservi
Go though my equipment (Buy some if it's all gone) then search for some jobs.

[6] - Taric goes through available gear, thorougly checking each weapon, explosive and gadget in his arsenal. Satisfied, he turns to his computer and checks his messages. Unfortunately, his previous job hasn't been forgotten and only two of his messages are actually about possible targets. Your computer quickly translates the messages to a language you understand.

The first message is from a group of 'honourable businessmen' for a bounty of 15 000¤. Capture and delivery of a judge named Garak Lakh, who apparently fears for his life and has hired a group of mercenaries to guard him. He's told to be discreet and not link their name to your actions.

The second message is from the Bureau of Crimes Against Humanity. Looks like it's been sent to multiple people. The bounty is 50 000¤, to be split between those who survive. Further information will be given in a briefing later today.

The third message is barely worth mentioning, with a bounty of 6000¤. The message says that's all they were able to scrape together. He'd have to track down and kill a ganger boss named Cain in Lower Industrial.

Spoiler: Taricus (click to show/hide)

Akhain Gazhorn
Then he opened his door, and headed off to the Black Market warehouse. It was a routine check for him. He never found what he wanted, or needed... but he may aswell check nonetheless.

[5] - Gazhorn moves confidently through his crime-ridden area of town, knowing he could take on any mugger or ganger that tried to attack him. The warehouse isn't far, just half a dozen blocks down the hill, and he gets there pretty quickly. A grimy little human man opens the door, eyes darting everywhere. 'Yeah? Whaddya want?' [4] Akhain lets him know he's checking out whatever they've got in there. The guard lets him in, but follows him closely as they move into the shadowed warehouse hall. There are closed boxes and containers everywhere, each marked with a specific symbol. You realize it's probably just words in whatever tongue they speak, and regret leaving your visor back home.

'So,' asks another nervous-looking salesman, 'what do you want? Looking for anything specific? Need guns? Ammunition? Bombs? Some fancy high-tech Zuche gear?'

Spoiler: Talarion (click to show/hide)

Systar
Check job options.  Also list current equipment.

[4] - Systar looks at the equipment laid out on the bed for a while, checking that anything isn't missing. Then, mostly satisfied, he gets back on his laptop.

The first message is from the Bureau of Crimes Against Humanity. Looks like it's been sent to multiple people. The bounty is 50 000¤, to be split between those who survive. Further information will be given in a briefing later today.

The second comes from a familiar source, but one that he didn't expect to see here. It's from the Sikhet Federation, which rules the few neighbouring systems. It doesn't say much, but asks him to meet up with their contact as soon as possible at the city spaceport.

The third is also from the new regime. They want Systar to track down and bring to justice Father Kosh, who apparently was some member of the old rule. They're paying 25 000¤, though apparently this is a very dangerous mission.

The fourth is from an unknown source, asking Systar to meet him in a bar downtown for the details of the mission. He says he's willing to pay tens of thousands for this job, which sounds pretty nice.

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Gaosaron
Which to prioritize... jobs. I shouldn't buy equipment until I know what I need. He turned his head to the left to look at the listings...

[4] - Gao looks at the messages he's received. Three of them seem to be actual job offers, the rest are junk.

The first message is from the Bureau of Crimes Against Humanity. Looks like it's been sent to multiple people. The bounty is 50 000¤, to be split between those who survive. Further information will be given in a briefing later today.

The second appears to be from a group of factory workers, who claim some unknown alien predator has been unleashed on their workplace. Security isn't doing anything, and they're willing to pay 8000¤ for whoever kills the thing.

Third comes from what is obviously a front for a crime organization. Offering 10 000¤ for tracking down and killing what seems to be one of their rivals. This 'Three-Cogs' apparently has an army of gangers with him and is holed up somewhere in the Industrial district.

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)

Subject 971
Action:Check job offers

[4] - 971 opens up the business folder. Already five offers, looks like that advert worked.

The second comes from Dalia, who wants 971 to meet her at the spaceport later today. It doesn't say anything else.

The third has been sent by a distressed museum curator. Apparently in the chaos following the coup, some Old Regime commander looted his museum and loaded everything on trucks. They headed for the mountains, and he believes they're still there. He's willing to pay 15 000¤ for their retrieval.

The fourth is from a Mr. Ichabod Ain, who claims to be a legimitate businessman, but that doesn't sound too believable. He's willing to pay 20 000¤ for the death of a ganger boss.

The fifth has been sent by a group of unnamed people, who say there's a corrupt judge that's been letting gangers and other criminals go free at trials, and they want him captured so they can make him change his mind. The bounty is just 5000¤.

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Zara
Search the blackmarket for stealth weapons, and devices.

[2] - Zara tries to call one of the sellers, but no-one picks up. Just his luck.

Spoiler: adwarf (click to show/hide)

Achutugu-osha
Check the messages from the illuminati pawns to see what lies they want to feed me this time.

[5] - Four new job offers. Probably more Illuminati lies.

The first message is from this so-called the Bureau of Crimes Against Humanity. Looks like it's been sent to multiple people, no doubt for some nefarious hidden purpose. The bounty is 50 000¤, to be split between those who survive. Further information will be given in a briefing later today.

The second claims to be from the owner of some store, who's been threatened by a 'gang' and fears for his life. Typical, just another mundane problem when the Illuminati is what you should fear. He'll pay 8000¤.

The third is from the pawns in the new government. This seems somewhat intriguing. The mission is to infiltrate a powerful man's manor and locate some kind of information sphere. In the process, you can unearth the Illuminati ties the man is no doubt hiding. They want stealth and secrecy, and no collateral damage or deaths. Sounds tricky, but Achu's had years to learn hiding from the Illuminati. They're paying 25 000¤

The fourth has been sent by a group of unnamed people, who say there's a corrupt judge that's been letting gangers and other criminals go free at trials, and they want him captured so they can make him change his mind. The bounty is just 5000¤.

Spoiler: choobakka (click to show/hide)

---

This update was somewhat rushed, and I'm sorry. I'm leaving in just a few mins and won't be able to update today or tomorrow, so I wanted it done quickly. There's not much detail in many missions, and I would've written more if I'd had the time. Any errors, typos, formatting mistakes etc are also due to the same reason.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 58