Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 58

Author Topic: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 51  (Read 86870 times)

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 32
« Reply #570 on: December 28, 2011, 05:16:00 pm »

Check If there is any info on his office. Also, Go Implant shopping
Raggle Fraggle

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: December 29, 2011, 01:21:08 pm »

Contact the Republic and inform them of Kosh's demise, collect his body to hand over to them aswell.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 05, 2012, 10:51:02 am »

"Uh, no... This planet. Never been off-world, actually!" Kaviv shrugged. "A different part of this planet, obviously." He shifted a bit in his seat. It was time to twist the facts to sound more interesting. "I, uh, used to work in the catering business, you know. Family business and such, had a few restaurants around the place. We-..."
He nearly jumped out of his skin as his comm vibrated, and he hurriedly grabbed it out from his pocket, any number of unpleasant possibilities running through his head, most involving him being in trouble for getting distracted and letting the team down. It was only once he'd read 971's message a couple of times, that he realized he may have said something clever for once. Completely unintentionally, of course, but still.

"Oh dear, I'm sorry Eliza, I must be going! You see, I'm supposed to be getting the, uh, food for the party. Do you like fish? I hope you like fish, I have a special shipment of these giant fish-things, from some place I can't begin to pronounce the name of. They should be very tasty, yes? I will be back in a while, just got to go get them cooked up."
He smiled at Eliza as he rose to his feet, fervently hoping he was pulling of the role of... What? A fish merchant/caterer? ...despite being, in truth, a heavily armed kebab vendor-turned-revolutionary bounty hunter.
Promising to be back in a little while, he hurried out to catch up to 971, grimacing inwardly at himself and trying to force a partygoing grin as he moved through the place. At least he'd found out something about this gang, he supposed, but he'd have to be a bit more... Inconspicous, perhaps, in future.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: January 07, 2012, 12:47:39 pm »

Update tomorrow, sorry for the wait.

And also sorry if anyone expected an update when they saw I had posted, yelp.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 09, 2012, 07:42:18 am »

Akhain Gazhorn
Contact the Republic and inform them of Kosh's demise, collect his body to hand over to them aswell.

[1] - Akhain heads over to the cryo-crate Jinan packed Kosh's body in, but doesn't get further than touching the surface when Jinan coughs politely from behind him. She looks uneasy.

'Err... you're not planning on taking that with you, are you? Upstairs already sort of requested I bring him 'round.' she says. 'And I can't really say no to my superiors. And really, neither can you, now.'

Spoiler: Talarion (click to show/hide)

Systar
Cloak and go in the back door.  Start thermal blading loners quietly.  If the alarm goes off, start trying to eliminate as many as able while still invisible, grabbing a shotgun if possible.

[1] - Systar heads for the back door, thoroughly checking he's not in sight of any of the gangers - only for the back door to open the moment he reaches for it and a wiry youth with a Snaplock to step out.

[6] Acting quickly, Systar thumbs the Thermal Blade activator and [Dodge:3][Damage:6-12=0] barely hits, the boy's thick coat absorbing the blow. His implant kicking in, [4] Systar's blade jerks back again [Dodge:4] through the ganger's breath visible in the cold air. It does him little good, and the kid [4-1=3][Dodge:1] pushes the barrel of the Snaplock against his stomach. [Damage:16+5=21]  His armor absorbs little, and despite the low stopping power of the pistol, he stumbles back and crashes against the trashcans behind him. Systar goes sprawling down, and the boy [4-1=3] lowers the pistol for another shot.

[Dodge:2][Damage:13] It impacts just above the last shot and cracks open Systar's armoured torso. The ganger, looking surprised at his success, turns to look inside the church [2] while the bounty hunter attempts and fails to get back up. [3] The ganger lets out a shout to his comrades inside the church, but Systar finally manages to find the activator on his Cloaking Device and [5] disappears out of view.

Enemies

Spoiler: Young Ganger (click to show/hide)

---

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Gaosaron
Gao gave the obvious orders. "Fire at the group, I'll take these two bastards!" He fired at the one who was still standing first, since the downed one was injured and would need time to get to his feet... precious time he could use to put down the healthy one.

[1] - Gao goes for the kill, but his target is faster and [4+3=6] leaps at him, both scalpels spinning. [Dodge:1] Both scalpels also sink into Gao's stomach, [Damage:10] and cut straight through his already-damaged armor. [4][Dodge:2] The bounty hunter retaliates and blasts him down with his carbine. [Damage:24] The alien is shredded apart and goes flying, and the bounty hunter turns his attention to the wounded one.

[6][Dodge:4] The alien disappears below the cutting table, however, scampering on all fours like an animal.

[3+1=4] Ratrik lets loose with his beloved Flechette Shotgun again, [Dodges:6/3/1/4/6/1/5][Damages:6-15=0/27+15=42/26+15=41] killing two and scattering the rest. They don't waste any time, [5] all going after their opponent. [Dodges:4/2/2/4/5][Damages:2/4] Their fists and claws do little damage, but they're remarkably ferocious. On their second try, [Dodges:5/4/2/2/5] two hit again, [Damages:6/2] with similar effect.

[4+1=5] Ratrik returns the favor with another Flechette blast, [Dodges:2/1/1/1/2][Damage:42/42+15/41+15/12+15/20] which kills every single one of them. His clip clicks empty, but his implant kicks in and he reloads the weapon faster than the eye can follow.

Enemies

Spoiler: Scarred Alien (click to show/hide)

Allies

Spoiler: Tarur Ratrik (click to show/hide)

---

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)

Subject 971 and Kaviv Otoli
971 activated his comm. It would send a vibration to Kavivs own comm-a silent message.

Action: Continue Survelliance. Figure out which way they are heading and arrange for myself to be there.
"Oh dear, I'm sorry Eliza, I must be going! You see, I'm supposed to be getting the, uh, food for the party. Do you like fish? I hope you like fish, I have a special shipment of these giant fish-things, from some place I can't begin to pronounce the name of. They should be very tasty, yes? I will be back in a while, just got to go get them cooked up."
He smiled at Eliza as he rose to his feet, fervently hoping he was pulling of the role of... What? A fish merchant/caterer? ...despite being, in truth, a heavily armed kebab vendor-turned-revolutionary bounty hunter.
Promising to be back in a little while, he hurried out to catch up to 971, grimacing inwardly at himself and trying to force a partygoing grin as he moved through the place. At least he'd found out something about this gang, he supposed, but he'd have to be a bit more... Inconspicous, perhaps, in future.

[4] - 'Umm... okay. I guess I'll see you soon.' Eliza says as Kaviv flees the scene. He follows his partner to the street, locating him only after a thorough scan with his visor.

971 waits for the gangers to make their move in the shadows of an opposite alleyway, [2] which they do a little too quickly. Seeing them out of his view, he rushes after them to find them entering the store they were supposed to keep an eye out. They begin the usual routine with the owner, who doesn't seem particulary nervous or waiting for something. He hands them over cash, then more. Satisfied, they head back out.

[6] The first one puts a hand to his ear abruptly, and 971's scan picks up a commbead in his ear. They exchange a quick bout of words and set off running down the street. Perfect - if they're heading back to base. It's the right direction, atleast.

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Yoink (click to show/hide)

Barauc
Check If there is any info on his office. Also, Go Implant shopping

[3] - Barauc sets the blueprints and general information on the precinct house downloading - slow business with the outdated systems - and heads out to go implant-shopping. He asks around for the nearest black market implant surgeon and decides to pay a visit to his clinic.

It's all very business-like, and he's shepherded to a board with all available implants listed - special requests cost extra.

Spoiler: Implants (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Riccto (click to show/hide)

Loria
Damn it! Why didn't I think about this in the first place? Loria mentally slaps herself for forgetting even the most basic of surveillance gear. Well, I can't see how this could get much worse. May as well just go take a look around and see if I can get close enough to hear anything. With that she headed up into the apartment building proper, trying to re-locate her targets. Once close enough she'll see if she can find out anything about future meeting locations she can gather solid evidence at.

[5] - The names of the owners are listed in the lobby board, so locating Roskank's and Anthony's apartment isn't difficult. It's on the third floor, first door on the right. Listening in at the door it's obvious they're inside, but she can't make out any words.

After a while, she hears someone coming and detaches herself from the door. The arrival walks right over to the opposite door from her targets and begins working on the lock. She might have some useful information, but otherwise it's beginning to seem Loria might need to wait until the two are gone or asleep so she can strike.

Spoiler: Theodolus (click to show/hide)

---

Systar's combat this turn; unluckiest rolls ever? Tarur Ratrik's combat this turn; luckiest rolls ever?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 33
« Reply #575 on: January 09, 2012, 09:02:38 am »

971 waved over Kaviv and pointed in the gangers general direction.

"They're heading that way. In some kind of rush, but can't say why. Should make easier to follow at least. They might be responding to some sort of trouble, hopefully not the kind we intend.

...Also, tell me you got that girls number. She was totally into you."

Action: Follow the gangers at a comfortable pace-if they're rushing, they're not paying attention to us.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: January 09, 2012, 11:57:13 am »

Gao grumbled. "Damn little bastard... I'll handle him, you see if this guy is still alive." Gaosaron, his two lower left arms pressed to his wounds, dove towards the table to drag the little alien out and introduce him to the business end of his mechanical blade.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: January 09, 2012, 12:37:58 pm »

Ouch.  So much for stealth.  32 turns, and I'm pretty sure that's the first time I've gotten shot.

Shit.

Go stab the little bastard in the back for putting a hole in me, then hang back.  If a group of more than 2 comes, use another gravity trap on them and stab away.  Otherwise, start shooting them with the pistol.  If no one comes, move in, following previous strategy.

I think the bad rolls here are compensating for the great rolls I've had in Dark Genesis RTD.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 09, 2012, 07:01:27 pm »

"Uhh... Can I get evidence of his death, then? I do have to report to the republic, still..." Akhain looked pointedly at Jinan, as if to say 'Well duh'
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: January 10, 2012, 07:15:18 am »

Kaviv nodded as he hurried over to join his 'partner/mentor', adjusting the strap to which his shotgun was attached so the weapon hung behind him, resting against his legs as he walked.
His skin flushed a bit red as 971 mentioned the girl, and he was quick to make excuses.
"Oh no, she was just- I was just asking her, you know, questioning, getting information about this gang, you know?" He calmed his embarassed babbling a little and continued, looking mildly embarassed as he matched his strides with 971's. "This gang, they're called the Hounds, apparently. I think. They do all sorts of usual things, you know, selling drugs and such. Not too interesting, I think. Er, sorry about taking so long..."
He looked more closely at the gangers they were following, becoming nervous as he realized the shit was quite likely about to hit the fan.
Kaviv follows along with 971, filling him in on what he learnt of the gang in an attempt to change the subject.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: January 10, 2012, 10:35:08 am »

Loria thought for a few minutes. If I wait until they leave I might miss out on an important meeting. If I go in after they're asleep I run the risk of being found. Either way there's an element of risk. Well, what the hell, go big or go home, right? Having made up her mind she tries to find a concealed corner where she can watch the doors and wait for the residents to fall asleep. Once they are asleep she'll slip in, search for any clues in their apartment and slip out. Hopefully without being detected...
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: January 10, 2012, 11:20:37 am »

971 grinned at his young friend. Kaviv seemed nervous, which could be good or bad-he was rationally reacting to the situation, keeping on his toes.

He did happen to remark, during a quiet moment of the pursuit.

"Kaviv, one thing you're going to have learn is to take it easy. Even when you're on a job. Neither of us is gonna live to a ripe old age, let's face it. So, stop worrying about it and get on. Make sure in the future, you get the girls number. Cause you never get a second chance in the life we lead.

I mean, I hope you can get out of this business before you buy it-me, I'm a lifer. I doubt I'll ever make enough that afford the ship I want...you, Kaviv-have you ever thought of getting out?"

971 laughed-a stange barking chuckle, which sounded like yipyipyarkbarkaryip!

"I was designed for this job, you know? That sucks. To know you were, from birth, designed to do a specific thing. But, I accept it. I gotta do the best with what I got.

What are you going to be Kaviv? Afterwards, I mean? Are you gonna get yourself a family, maybe? Go back to Kebab Vending, or maybe turn and make a franchise out of it?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: January 13, 2012, 09:27:23 am »

Kaviv listened sombrely, nodding his head a few times until 971 mentioned 'getting out'; he frowned a bit at that. He wasn't sure he really understood what 971 was saying... That he should get out of this business, after trying for so long to get into it, to become something, to join just about his whole family in doing so?
"Getting out? I don't..." He didn't really like the way this conversation was going. Wasn't it stressful enough that they were on the trail of a bunch of ruthless, murderous drug-dealers who were most likely armed to the teeth and posessed by some sorts of demons? Apparently not, because his bounty-hunting partner decided to pick this moment for a heart-to-heart.

"I don't think I, ah, understand... Why would I be wanting to 'get out'? Have spent my whole life trying to get 'in', the whole of my family is helping the revolution, you know..." He trailed off as 971 started laughing, making poor Kaviv feel even more awkward. Perhaps 971 was joking? He couldn't... Really tell. I mean, he did sortof lack much in the way of human facial expressions...
He assumed a brave face as he walked along, or his best approximation of one, and tried to sound confident. "I am not planning on 'getting out' until the Old Regime is good and gone. Why do you say I'm not a lifer, too? My uncle Kusza died in the fighting, and my eldest brother, Tmaero lost most of his leg! I would... I would be, you know, letting the family down, if I didn't do my part. Maybe one day, yes, I'd rather be cooking, running a restaurant, but..." He trailed off, his attention returning to the gangers ahead. He shrugged uncertainly, looking a little embarassed.
"Uh... Maybe we should focus on this for now, yes? ...Thanks, I mean, for the advice. But I am a Kebab Vendor, not a coward. I'll stick this out."

He felt a little better about his whole situation as he said that; it really did seem like a 'Revolutionary' kindof thing to say! But then, of course, he remembered his younger sister, little Brelat, who had never thought much of the whole war idea, who had always helped Kaviv in the kitchen, making jokes and laughing together...
He certainly wouldn't mind, one day, opening a restaurant with her. He hoped she was alright, mayb-- He shook his head and focused on the task at hand, nervously checking his equipment for the hundreth time, once again matching his step with 971's and looking towards the men they followed. He grimaced slightly, then swallowed. He hoped he didn't die here...

((Rambly and not quite as good as I'd hoped. :-\ Also, I need to start colouring my dialogue, too! :P))
Booze is Life for Yoink

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: January 13, 2012, 11:27:14 am »

971 cocked his left eye and grinned a toothsome smile.

"Ahh, but I got you thinking, didn't I? For a second there, you saw yourself in some place better than this.

Sometimes just surviving isn't enough-the money isn't enough. You hold onto that good place you saw, Kaviv-and you fight with everything you got to get yourself there one day, even if you're not sure where it is."

971 turned forward, and swept the shadows with a seemingly lazy arc. No hostiles...yet.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: January 15, 2012, 05:13:33 am »

Waitin' on Riccto. In the meantime, err, share your thoughts about the game?
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 58