Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 58

Author Topic: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 51  (Read 86814 times)

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 31
« Reply #555 on: December 15, 2011, 02:22:26 pm »

I figured Barauc would have a rebreather because that fits with his whole motiff. He's like a Assassain Jawa + any Rodian

...Or just plain Zuckuss
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Zuckuss
(MY TRUE COLORS AS A STAR WARS NERD.)

See what else is on his schedule for the day.
Raggle Fraggle

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: December 15, 2011, 03:19:55 pm »

971 assumed these guys were enforcers-they show up, stroll down the streets armed, maybe rough people up...silent intimidation, possibly for a shakedown, maybe for just appearances. The fact they weren't scruffy looking addicts could mean alot of things...they could naturally be heading toward the party. He took note of their faces, and went to get Kaviv.

The man was still talking to the girl. So as not to create a scene...

"Hey, I'm heading out, Kavi-you come down and meet me when you're done here...yeah?"

Hopefully Kaviv could get some information about gang hideouts from the girl, if she knew anything. Or maybe just her number.

Action: Head back to ground level. Stay out of sight, but continue to survey them.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: December 18, 2011, 09:41:03 am »

*cough* Yoink, Theodolus?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: December 19, 2011, 12:07:32 pm »

Sorry, sick family, car problems, and work have taken over my life for the last 4 or 5 days. All good now though!

Loria walks around the back trying to find a good vantage point to view the open door from. If the coast seems to be clear she'll enter into the building through the back door, keeping an eye out for any security precautions that are in place, which might pose a threat to her.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: December 20, 2011, 09:33:10 pm »

"The Hounds? Wow, certainly sound more imposing than the Angry Aubergines we had where I grew up." Kaviv chuckled, hoping it sounded natural. He then followed the woman's gaze over towards this 'Brass' fellow, nodding slowly.
"Seems like a pretty good guy... Sure knows how to supply a party, eh?" He cast an uncertain glance over towards 971 from his seat, then cracked open his drink for emphasis. "Being new in town, is being hard to get that kindof stuff."
Kaviv watches the woman thoughtfully as he speaks, taking a few sips of drink and subtly trying to prise loose any additional information about these 'Hounds', their drug connections, or this 'Brass' guy. If he doesn't have much success with that, he'll eventually excuse himself in a friendly manner before heading over to 971. Hopefully WITHOUT blundering it all and making an utter fool of himself.

((Also, sorry! D: Like I said in a PM, I've been on holiday.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: December 28, 2011, 06:27:02 am »

Akhain Gazhorn
Wait for my payment. Like a good alien/boy/thing.

[3] - Akhain opens up his account and waits patiently for the payment. After a while, he's asked to accept a transfer of 4000¤ and takes it. Of course, he needs to actually tell the Republic he's taken out Kosh if he wants their reward as well - likely smaller than promised, as Kosh was supposed to be taken alive. There's no telling how much it's going to be reduced. The original bounty was 25 000¤. They'll probably want the body now.

Spoiler: Talarion (click to show/hide)

Systar
Stupid gangers.  Now to see if I can get an idea of what's going on in that church.

Get closer to the church to surveil it.  Avoid detection, and determine number and location of sentries, as well as checking for traps and ways in that don't involve damage to the structure.

[2] - Systar scouts out the area thoroughly and looks for any high-up spots he could use - but as he soon discovers, the gang is here in enormous numbers, their members lounging at the doorstep of nearly every building in the district. He gives up on the ranged surveillance and just walks as discreetly as he can past the church doors.

[3] There are six gangers outside the church building, standing with their guns out. They seem to be waiting for someone or something. Looks like the front door isn't an option.

Systar hurries into the narrow alley between the church and the building on its right, looking for any alternative entrances. [6] Both the back door and the windows lay wide open. It seems you're in luck for a change.

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Gaosaron
Gaosaron felt sick. "We gotta stop those things." Unfortunately he didn't have any non-lethal pre-fight equipment like flashbangs or gravity traps; they were going to have to rely on surprise alone. "We bust in, I sweep left, you go right. Precision fire, aim for the ones with weapons first then go for the ones holding the implants and such. Maybe if we can save this guy he can give us a rundown on what's going on." He moved to the left side of the door, switching to his carbine - the shotgun was nice for hitting things without much thought, but he DIDN'T want to be shooting indiscriminately at this juncture. "On your signal, partner."

[4] - Ratrik swallows and nods. 'Alright. On my three.'  He counts down, and on one he kicks open the door.

[5] Gao goes first, swinging to the left from the doorway and opening up with his Accelerator Carbine. [Dodge:3-1=2] A volley of supercharged bullets slam into a scarred alien's chest [Damage:17] with such force he spins around in the air and falls on his head, spraying blood everywhere. [1+3-2=2] He's in no state to counterattack.

[3+1=4] Tarur follows up with a blast from his Flechette Shotgun, the powerful weapon catching [Dodge:3-1=2][Dodge:4-1=3][Dodge:2-1=1][Dodge:6-1=5][Dodge:2-1=1] four of the five aliens on the right side unawares. [1] The poor subject on the central table is also caught on the edges of the blast. [Damages:20/17-15=2/32+15=47/46+15=61] Three are killed immediately and the fourth takes a flechette to the chest. [Damage:1-15=0] The subject is not seriously harmed, thankfully.

Only two aliens with some kind of weapons are left, but there are plenty of medical tools scattered around the room for the seven unarmed ones to grab.

Enemies

Spoiler: Scarred Alien (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Armed Alien (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Other Enemies (click to show/hide)

Allies

Spoiler: Tarur Ratrik (click to show/hide)

---

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)

Subject 971 and Kaviv Otoli
Action: Head back to ground level. Stay out of sight, but continue to survey them.
"The Hounds? Wow, certainly sound more imposing than the Angry Aubergines we had where I grew up." Kaviv chuckled, hoping it sounded natural. He then followed the woman's gaze over towards this 'Brass' fellow, nodding slowly.
"Seems like a pretty good guy... Sure knows how to supply a party, eh?" He cast an uncertain glance over towards 971 from his seat, then cracked open his drink for emphasis. "Being new in town, is being hard to get that kindof stuff."
Kaviv watches the woman thoughtfully as he speaks, taking a few sips of drink and subtly trying to prise loose any additional information about these 'Hounds', their drug connections, or this 'Brass' guy. If he doesn't have much success with that, he'll eventually excuse himself in a friendly manner before heading over to 971. Hopefully WITHOUT blundering it all and making an utter fool of himself.

[6] - 971 leaves his partner to chat with the girl and heads out, making his way down to street level. He sticks to the shadows and follows the two gangers as they make their way across the street. They continue strolling around with no obvious target. After listening in to their discussion for a moment, 971 gathers that yes, these are the enforcers the store owner was expecting. He sticks to the side and keeps them in sight.

[4] The girl babbles on at lenght about this gang, the 'Gutter Hounds'. It seems she isn't too interested in them, but she's heard the drugs are their main business. The big cartels and syndicates provide it to them and they sell it on the street, like here to her sister.

[1] Before he gets anything worthwhile about Brass, however, the girl frowns and stops. 'Enough about them already. You haven't told me anything about yourself.' she says, making a dismissive gesture. 'You said you're not from here - so, where do you come from?' she asks, then adds; 'Earth?'

[2] Kaviv isn't sure how to excuse himself without sounding terribly rude.

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Yoink (click to show/hide)

Barauc
See what else is on his schedule for the day.

[1] - He's going to be at the office for hours still, then return home and write more of his life's work, an enormous book about the history of the planet. Looks like there's nothing to do for a while.

Spoiler: Riccto (click to show/hide)

Loria
Loria walks around the back trying to find a good vantage point to view the open door from. If the coast seems to be clear she'll enter into the building through the back door, keeping an eye out for any security precautions that are in place, which might pose a threat to her.

[3] - Loria circles the building, but the only real vantage points are the windows of other buildings, behind similarly locked doors. She decides to peer around the corner instead, and seeing that there's nobody there, heads inside.

[6] The door is indeed open and devoid of any security measures, and leads to a humid basement storage. Piles of useless junk and forgotten furniture lay inside cage-like boxes. The dust is so thick on the floor she can actually feel it. There's nobody here, though the blankets and remains of makeshift fires tell her it's probably been used by the city's homeless recently. Before moving on, Loria pauses to look at the blueprints and think about her plan.

With Anthony and Mille inside their apartment, breaking in isn't really an option, but there's not really anything else she can do either. Their apartment has a balcony, and you could probably leap to it from either of the adjourning flats, but the benefits of that aren't very clear either. She curses herself for not bringing surveillance gear or microphones that could be planted there. If she heads away to get some she risk them disappearing somewhere, though.

Spoiler: Theodolus (click to show/hide)

---

Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 32
« Reply #561 on: December 28, 2011, 06:32:38 am »

971 activated his comm. It would send a vibration to Kavivs own comm-a silent message.

>Message Sent

Kavi O'Bavi

Got a pair of cold fish ready for the pan. Can you get down here?

I'm hungry. Let's eat already.

Niner-Server-Won

Action: Continue Survelliance. Figure out which way they are heading and arrange for myself to be there.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: December 28, 2011, 06:38:50 am »

Gao gave the obvious orders. "Fire at the group, I'll take these two bastards!" He fired at the one who was still standing first, since the downed one was injured and would need time to get to his feet... precious time he could use to put down the healthy one.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: December 28, 2011, 09:23:32 am »

(I just noticed I'm fighting the Bloodhound Gang.  Hah.)

All attempts at recon foiled, Systar resigns himself to a rear entry.  He peers around the dark alley, careful not to step on any loose trash to alert the gangers to his presence.

"Well, I'm in for a fight if I start making noise.  I just need to go in the back and start taking out people quietly.  Time for invisibility.

"Note to self- get more cloaks."

Cloak and go in the back door.  Start thermal blading loners quietly.  If the alarm goes off, start trying to eliminate as many as able while still invisible, grabbing a shotgun if possible.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: December 28, 2011, 09:28:40 am »

(What, wait? I don't see Jimmy Pop anywhere, did I forget something from a few turns back? ???)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: December 28, 2011, 09:54:17 am »

(What, wait? I don't see Jimmy Pop anywhere, did I forget something from a few turns back? ???)

What? Wrong thread, or just a reference I don't get?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: December 28, 2011, 10:42:45 am »

Damn it! Why didn't I think about this in the first place? Loria mentally slaps herself for forgetting even the most basic of surveillance gear. Well, I can't see how this could get much worse. May as well just go take a look around and see if I can get close enough to hear anything. With that she headed up into the apartment building proper, trying to re-locate her targets. Once close enough she'll see if she can find out anything about future meeting locations she can gather solid evidence at.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: December 28, 2011, 11:10:28 am »

Uhm. Okay, I have to bite the bullet and ask, since Kaviv's been asked where he's from: Where are we, anyway? :P
I was assuming Kaviv would've been born on this planet, seen as his family were all involved in the revolution, but I'm not really sure.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: December 28, 2011, 01:49:28 pm »

This is on the Planet, which as stated earlier has not been named. I'm not deciding your backstory for you, but sure, he could be a local.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 58