Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 58

Author Topic: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 51  (Read 86824 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 30
« Reply #540 on: December 04, 2011, 12:42:14 pm »

It looked like they were free and clear, for the moment. "Let's hustle," he said, moving as quickly as he could without causing too much noise - like running would - toward the area the little aliens had emerged from. Whatever they were looking for was probably beyond that.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: December 05, 2011, 10:11:08 am »

It can never go smoothly, can it?

I don't have time for these goons.  Time for a little razzle-dazzle.

"Oh no!  Guns!  I don't like those!"

Dodge into an alleyway, and cloak as soon as I can break line of sight.  If they come in together (They should- they don't look smart enough to split up), hit them with a gravity trap.  Backstab one with a shotgun, grab it, and use it to blast the other two.  Once they're put down (No survivors this time), ditch the shotgun and get back to surveying the church before the cloak wears off.

Note to self- get another cloaking device after this mission.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: December 05, 2011, 10:13:26 am »

I'm on my third, fourth, and fifth missions- does that put me the farthest ahead in number taken?  Note I only actually completed one.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: December 07, 2011, 10:22:27 am »

Loria shrank back around the corner at the sight of her targets. Oh but it was good to be out of that club! She took a deep breath of stagnant city air, savoring the lack of psychotropic chemicals burning her mucus membranes. Back to business; she took a look at the direction the targets were heading, noting that they seemed to be wandering at random. Or heading somewhere for a continuation of their party? Quickly she marked their positions on the satellite and waited for them to round the next corner before following.

Loria will stay one turn behind them, using her uplink to note each time they round a corner. If she can no longer see them on the satellite imagery she'll try to do this visually.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: December 07, 2011, 03:48:00 pm »

I'll post this afternoon after work! Sorry for the lateness! :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: December 09, 2011, 11:13:14 am »

I'll post this afternoon after work! Sorry for the lateness! :-\

*cough*
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: December 09, 2011, 12:36:45 pm »

heh.

DH, just do the turn already. :P

No more stalling!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: December 09, 2011, 06:34:32 pm »

Kaviv cursed himself inwardly as the woman started speaking again, helping herself to 971's beer. He had to get out of here, damnit, 971 would be getting annoyed with him at this rate... He braced himself and tried to appear friendly as he listened to her.
"Ah, er..." Suddenly he had a thought. He looked at the woman, and around the party... Maybe he could learn something useful from her? Surely it would impress 971 greatly if he could learn something of their quarry from these degenerates... He thought fast, smiling some more.
"Ye-es, I think my friend knows this Hanna person. Me myself, I am new in town, I don't really know anyone..." He shrugged, and gestured about the party. "Who actually set this up, anyhow? My friend kindof brought me here at short notice. I'm Kaviv, by the way."

Kaviv will sit down beside his new 'friend', opening his beer and seeing if he can get any useful information out of her, partially in an attempt to impress 971 with his info-gathering skills... And partly just 'cause she's pretty.

(Sorry for forgetting! I've been forgetting to post in lots of RtDs lately... Perhaps it's really early-onset alzheimer's? D:)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 06:37:08 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: December 14, 2011, 02:52:06 pm »

Akhain Gazhorn
Akhain nodded at Jinan's final statement. "Will do..." He then stood up, and walked out, heading to (What he thought was) the armory, or storage, or 'the back'; The place where he could get some gear.

Go check out the gear in 'The back'

[2] - Gazhorn finishes his meal, enjoying the local fruits and beverages after the dryness of the desert. Jinan heads out of the ship, apparently trusting Akhain enough to let him waltz inside freely. Not intending to let her down, Akhain shuffles over to the back of the ship and, after a brief search, finds a cramped armoury next to the food storage.

The armoury is surprisingly poor, [3] a variety of semi-automatic pistols and SMGs plus a lone combat rifle of human make Akhain doesn't recognize. There's also an ornamented sword that seems ceremonial, but probably contains whatever the latest energy field or disruptor edge is nowadays. It's shielded and gene-locked, presumably to Jinan herself. Akhain grabs the combat rifle and a pistol. Atleast he could sell them if he has no use for them - they seem to be in pristine condition. [5] He takes three clips for both weapons.

[2] There are no grenades or explosives of any kind, for some reason.

Spoiler: Talarion (click to show/hide)

Systar
"Oh no!  Guns!  I don't like those!"

Dodge into an alleyway, and cloak as soon as I can break line of sight.  If they come in together (They should- they don't look smart enough to split up), hit them with a gravity trap.  Backstab one with a shotgun, grab it, and use it to blast the other two.  Once they're put down (No survivors this time), ditch the shotgun and get back to surveying the church before the cloak wears off.

[6] - The gangers snicker at Systar's exclamation, but he's gone before they can react any further. Systar rushes into the alleyway and activates the cloak, [1] which unfortunately won't last for more than a few minutes. He hears their confusion and heads back out to the street. They're milling about in a nice, close group. Systar takes his time, weighing a Gravity Trap in his hands. He lets his visor calculate a path for it and throws. [Dodge:4-2=2][Dodge:3-2=1][Dodge:3-2=1] It lands straight in the middle of them, leaving the safety of the bounty hunter's cloak and activates. The air becomes blurred and there's a whoosh of displaced air and energy. The three gangers find themselves locked in place.

The bounty hunter walks calmly behind them, plunks his Thermal Blade [Damage:33+12=45] through the back of a shotgun-carrying goon's neck to his forehead and takes the trapped shotgun with one smooth movement. Using the shotgun, he blows the two others' brains out in rapid succession. Systar discards the shotgun and deactivates the Gravity Trap - no point risking some crafty ganger retooling it into another weapon - and heads to his real objective.

[4] He makes good speed up the blocks towards the church, but the Cloaking Device wears off before he's where he needs to be. He stops on the other side of the street containing most of the aforementioned stores, bars and run-down housing with the top of the church - looking unfortunately much like a warehouse - visible. [2] No gangers seem to be nearby. [2] There don't seem to be any good places to look over the place here. He'll need to head closer.

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Gaosaron

It looked like they were free and clear, for the moment. "Let's hustle," he said, moving as quickly as he could without causing too much noise - like running would - toward the area the little aliens had emerged from. Whatever they were looking for was probably beyond that.

[5] - Tarur agrees, and the pair follow the corridor deeper into the testing chambers. There's an intersection, so they pick the side with the most lab windows and creep up along it. [3] After a few empty labs and medical rooms, they hear noise from behind yet another window embedded in the wall. Gao risks a peer inside.

The room is a typical surgical hall, with a table (with straps to hold a patient in place, somewhat disturbingly) in the middle with plenty of space around it for the doctors to work in. There's a 'patient' on it right now, held in place by both the straps and an alien holding his legs in place. Other aliens, one dressed amusingly in a drastically cut surgeon's dress, mill and shuffle around the table, standing on various crates and the backs of others to reach it. They're operating on the patient with various tools of the trade. Several aliens stand politely aside with containers of raw gene-stock and proto-implants and myriad chemicals and substances he can't even guess the purpose of. Judging from the screams of their test subject, he's still conscious.

There's atleast a dozen aliens in the room, and even though they're mostly armed with things like scalpels and syringes, the pair has already seen how ferociously any of them fight. Still, this is the first alive non-alien - though technically, the patient is also an alien, a great horned giant of a humanoid with severely atrophied muscles - they've seen on the station.

Allies

Spoiler: Tarur Ratrik (click to show/hide)

---

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)

Subject 971 and Kaviv Otoli
Action: Keep an eye on the street. Let Kaviv sink or swim!
Kaviv cursed himself inwardly as the woman started speaking again, helping herself to 971's beer. He had to get out of here, damnit, 971 would be getting annoyed with him at this rate... He braced himself and tried to appear friendly as he listened to her.
"Ah, er..." Suddenly he had a thought. He looked at the woman, and around the party... Maybe he could learn something useful from her? Surely it would impress 971 greatly if he could learn something of their quarry from these degenerates... He thought fast, smiling some more.
"Ye-es, I think my friend knows this Hanna person. Me myself, I am new in town, I don't really know anyone..." He shrugged, and gestured about the party. "Who actually set this up, anyhow? My friend kindof brought me here at short notice. I'm Kaviv, by the way."

Kaviv will sit down beside his new 'friend', opening his beer and seeing if he can get any useful information out of her, partially in an attempt to impress 971 with his info-gathering skills... And partly just 'cause she's pretty.

[6] - Kaviv forces himself to relax and lies relatively smoothly to the girl, who gets such a look of revelation and understanding on her face he suspects the drugs still haven't fully worn off.

'Oh, okay. Welcome to the, uhh, Republic, Kaviv. Eliza.' she says, gesturing at herself. She breaks into a smile. 'This is great, isn't it? Don't tell Hanna I told you this, but her boyfriend fixed us up with all this stuff.'

Eliza gestures vaguely somewhere to the side. 'The drugs?' Kaviv asks.

'Yeah, yeah. Brass - that's him, over there,' a quick nod somewhere towards the 971's window, 'is one of the Hounds. They're the biggest gang in the district. You know, I thought he was a bad guy at first, can you imagine?'

Kaviv isn't entirely sure if this is the gang they're going after, but 971 should still be happy to hear. It appears he does have info-gathering skills!

[5] The uneventfulness below is finally broken as two clean-shaven humans in matching clothing appear and march down the street like they own the place. From this far away, it's hard to tell, but both appear to be carrying Widowmakers. They don't seem to be in a hurry, wandering about seemingly at random.

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Yoink (click to show/hide)

Barauc
Baruc sighs which sounds like a low hiss through his rebreather as he prepares to send payment for the packet of Data, he also looks up a page of implants.

[6] - Barauc sends over the 1000¤ and receives the data in return. Having nothing better to do, he gets straight to a thorough read.

Yl Badht is less of an angel than Barauc's previous target, a serial womanizer and drunk with a long list of infractions and complaints in his files, yet so tireless in his fight against the criminal underworld he was recently at the age of 163 promoted to chief. Taking out an old man like him should not be too difficult. There's a brief bit about his skills - he was never a good shot and hasn't been training in years, though he's noted to be very charismatic - and then the packet proceeds to go into his routines with an uncomfortable amount of detail. Barauc half-expects hidden cameras all over his apartment, but if there are such things, there's no mention.

He memorizes the addresses included and checks his daily 'schedule' - [1] unless something has happened, the old man should be at the station working right now.

Spoiler: Riccto (click to show/hide)

Loria
Loria shrank back around the corner at the sight of her targets. Oh but it was good to be out of that club! She took a deep breath of stagnant city air, savoring the lack of psychotropic chemicals burning her mucus membranes. Back to business; she took a look at the direction the targets were heading, noting that they seemed to be wandering at random. Or heading somewhere for a continuation of their party? Quickly she marked their positions on the satellite and waited for them to round the next corner before following.

Loria will stay one turn behind them, using her uplink to note each time they round a corner. If she can no longer see them on the satellite imagery she'll try to do this visually.

[5] - Loria continues her slow pursuit and it quickly becomes apparent the trio are not moving at random, though their steps seem somewhat drunken. She follows them for a good ten minutes with the Uplink Package, monitoring the streets from high up. When they begin fiddling with the gene-locked door to a building, she knows they're home. A few minutes later, they're inside. Loria moves in to survey the house.

It's a six-story apartment building, each seeming to house two rather spacious apartments. [1] No fire escapes, aforementioned lock that only opens to house residents, windows of reinforced glass. It won't be easy getting in.

The bounty hunter shuffles through the feeds on her implant, but most of them, such as thermal, prove useless due to the high concentration of bodies inside. Finally, on the blueprint-hybrid cam, she catches a back door to the basement on the other side - standing wide open.

Spoiler: Theodolus (click to show/hide)

---

I'm amazed every update that nobody ever questions why I refuse to give a name for this planet, or even just the city. >_>

Another interesting fact - the planet is supposed to have slightly toxic atmosphere which most people deal with specific hidden implants and grafts and off-worlders with obstructive protective masks. I was never going to use it much, but Riccto's mention of a rebreather reminded me again. I doubt it was intentional as I haven't mentioned anything about it after the first turn, but oh well.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 31
« Reply #549 on: December 14, 2011, 03:24:19 pm »

So why do you refuse?  :)

I do recall the mention of me fiddling with a breathing apparatus in my opening post.

I do think that was my best turn ever.  You're right that stuns are, as written, very powerful*- I need to get more gravity traps.   Would a gravity trap going off cause property damage?  (IE can I use them in the church without pissing off the priest?)

*If you're looking for a balancer, perhaps require a 1 or 2 on the dodge roll to get a full stun- a 3 or 4 would only be an action penalty.

Stupid gangers.  Now to see if I can get an idea of what's going on in that church.

Get closer to the church to surveil it.  Avoid detection, and determine number and location of sentries, as well as checking for traps and ways in that don't involve damage to the structure.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: December 14, 2011, 03:30:42 pm »

I do think that was my best turn ever.  You're right that stuns are, as written, very powerful*- I need to get more gravity traps.   Would a gravity trap going off cause property damage?  (IE can I use them in the church without pissing off the priest?)

*If you're looking for a balancer, perhaps require a 1 or 2 on the dodge roll to get a full stun- a 3 or 4 would only be an action penalty.

I know, I know, but I can't be arsed to tweak them right now. That sounds about right anyhow. As for property damage - nah. 'Tis only locks things in place.

I also decree that because you haven't paid any attention to your breathing apparatus, it is now broken and everybody will die at the beginning of next turn. *pokerface*

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: December 14, 2011, 04:08:09 pm »

Don't make me gravity trap you.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: December 14, 2011, 09:43:52 pm »

Wait for my payment. Like a good alien/boy/thing.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: December 14, 2011, 11:49:30 pm »

Gaosaron felt sick. "We gotta stop those things." Unfortunately he didn't have any non-lethal pre-fight equipment like flashbangs or gravity traps; they were going to have to rely on surprise alone. "We bust in, I sweep left, you go right. Precision fire, aim for the ones with weapons first then go for the ones holding the implants and such. Maybe if we can save this guy he can give us a rundown on what's going on." He moved to the left side of the door, switching to his carbine - the shotgun was nice for hitting things without much thought, but he DIDN'T want to be shooting indiscriminately at this juncture. "On your signal, partner."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: December 15, 2011, 12:08:33 am »

Oh also...

I also decree that because you haven't paid any attention to your breathing apparatus, it is now broken and everybody will die at the beginning of next turn. *pokerface*

Obviously, Akhain has an implant to deal with it. Breathing apparatus' are too... vulnerable for an agent of the old regime like he was. That's why he doesn't need to fiddle with it or anything... because it only needs maintenance once a year, or something like that.

That is my reason and it will be valid. Otherwise I will kick a bucket... and buy a better implant! :P
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 58