Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 58

Author Topic: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 51  (Read 86754 times)

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 27
« Reply #495 on: October 16, 2011, 12:42:37 pm »

Prepare the Railgun nonetheless and wait for my target.
Raggle Fraggle

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: October 16, 2011, 04:27:30 pm »

Gao mentally reviewed the mission parameters. We still haven't found the bio-weapon. Whatever it is, it's probably beyond those little bastards. I have an idea, though... He went back to the corpse of the monstrosity; if its weapon still had ammo, he would see if he could cut it off and use it himself to clear the hallway. If it wasn't possible to use it, cut it off, or if it were out of ammo, he would switch to his Inferno and open fire to draw their attention. Hopefully, they would rush him and miss Ratrik, who could then flank them with his shotgun. He relayed the plan to his friend to see what he thought of it; if Ratrik thought it was worth it, he would give it a go. If not, they could try another passageway and see where it lead.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: October 17, 2011, 09:58:11 am »

Well, I've blown tons of cash today anyway- why not a little more?  Maybe I can do something while I wait for the ID to get here.

Take the 1500 offer.  Look for a job I can do while waiting for that ID.

You said time's not really relative, but I'm taking it that I should have time to squeeze in a quick mission.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: October 17, 2011, 10:26:14 am »

971 grimced. This could get messy.

He replied to the shopkeep.

"You're paying me, so I'll keep an eye out for your boy. No more promises than that."

To Kaviv, he mentioned.

"You know, we could send the collector back with a story...you know, I've heard of the Hobnail gang that works around here. We could get them to kill each other...

Or, you can follow this guy, and I'll follow you-watch your back. Sound good?

Also, *shows picture to Kaviv* keep a look out for this kid. He's the shopkeepers nephew. Don't shoot at that one unless you have to."

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: October 17, 2011, 12:40:02 pm »

Loria turned back to the PI and shook her head. "No, I think that'll be enough to go off of for now. I'll be in touch." She turned and walked away, keeping a keen eye out for the unseen bodyguard. Getting to a vantage on the upper level that was close to the stairs, she trained her visor on the couple below, setting it to record them. With any luck she'd be able to run an algorithm on the recording and figure out what they were saying to each other. If they started to move out of the club she would be right behind the couple that was behind them.

(I'm making some assumptions such as the visor being able to record data. The referenced algorithm would of course have to be come by somehow, but it's worth a shot, especially if I roll a 5 or 6. :) )
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: October 18, 2011, 06:37:32 am »

Kaviv nodded his head a few times as soon as 971 spoke, not wishing to appear slow off the mark.
"Yes, yes, a good plan! Very good." His brow creased slightly as he realised 971 was asking him to decide. "Er... Well, we need to find them first, yes? So I'm thinking we just stick with this guy, and his shop?"  He shrugged his scrawny shoulders, as though trying to shrug off the responsibility, and then glanced up and down the street a couple of times as he adjusted his various weapons belts and straps.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: October 18, 2011, 06:41:23 am »

"Yeah, I'll go up high then. Lets find some cover."

Action: 971 finds a spot other than the shop, where he can watch over the street from above and stay hidden.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 18, 2011, 06:46:47 am »

Kaviv will just follow 971 like a bad smell, looking rather self-conscious in his Bounty hunting gear.
"Er, yes, cover! We need cover. Good thinking!"
Booze is Life for Yoink

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: October 19, 2011, 01:07:22 am »

Quickly find/invent a way to use the glider, utilising Kosh's corpse as a key. Then fly out of there! Or... glide?
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: October 25, 2011, 09:18:19 am »

Akhain Gazhorn
Quickly find/invent a way to use the glider, utilising Kosh's corpse as a key. Then fly out of there! Or... glide?

[6-1=5] - Acting quickly, Akhain rips apart Kosh's clothes, using them as makeshift rope to tie the cult leader against the back of the grav-glider, hands pulled over Akhain's shoulders to touch the controls. The bounty hunter himself has the priviledge to sit on top of Kosh. While the vehicle wasn't meant for two people, his position is good enough to interfere with navigation. Any problems that might arise should be minimal.

[4] It's been a while since Akhain last used one of these, his previous occupation leaving little time for luxuries such as this. The controls seem simple enough, but it's difficult to concentrate with a maddened horde of fanatics hammering on the door. He goes through the controls in his mind and quickly ties Kosh's hands against the command console. It lights up with a faint hum, [2] broken suddenly by a blast of energy blowing the door behind him off its hinges.

[6] He kicks off the platform, feeling the heat of the activating wings on his skin. They leave trails of gold behind Akhain in the air, lighting the way up for the fanatic hordes. The tunnel is wide and has enough space for three of these things to fly side-by-side, but the bounty hunter still can't shake the feeling he'll crash into the sides any second now. The speed of the grav-glider, constantly increasing despite Akhain's best efforts, doesn't help much either. Atleast he's quickly out of range for his pursuers, gunfire and several missiles impacting on the walls far behind him.

The pinprick of light at the end of the tunnel grows steadily larger [5] and Akhain regains his stable navigation all the way through. He worried about it unnecessarily. Blue sky and broken badlands are visible through the end.

[3] Soon he passes outside, where his glider abruptly getting caught in powerful winds. He stabilizes the craft eventually and contacts Jinan, only to hear she's still on her way. A trip all the way down from orbit isn't exactly short. He guides the grav-glider towards the far end of the badlands, enjoying the fresh air after the dusty cathedral. [5] Kosh shows no signs of falling away, but Akhain tightens his bonds anyhow.

[6] Kosh's fanatics either have nothing to pursue him with, or have just given up. Akhain enjoys the view until Jinan's shuttle veers in from above and picks him up.

After he's removed himself and Kosh from the grav-glider, the bounty hunter joins Jinan in the cockpit. She grimaces when she sees Akhain's battered body, promising immediate medical aid once they're back in the city - not with the surgical bot, fortunately.

'So, do you want to go over the mission first or get a bit of rest? Either way is fine.' she asks.

Spoiler: Talarion (click to show/hide)

Systar
Well, I've blown tons of cash today anyway- why not a little more?  Maybe I can do something while I wait for the ID to get here.

Take the 1500 offer.  Look for a job I can do while waiting for that ID.

[5] - Systar pays up and starts the download for the data packet. It's a lot of files, so he leaves it on the background while he focuses on a job.

A priest of an unidentified religion needs someone to drive out or arrest the gangers who have looted and taken residence in his church. Any damage to the church is unacceptable. The pay is 10 000¤.

The second job offer is from the Republic, oddly enough. They don't seem to have any knowledge of Boka and the mission that's been forced on Systar. A Republican Guard colonel is offering 5000¤ for a cooperative training session with new Guard recruits. Systar's task appears only to be evading the recruit search patrols and 'taking out' as many of them as he can.

The third is from a major gang boss of somekind, who wants someone to track down an escaped pit fighter slave. The bounty is only 5000¤, though.

The last, old message comes from someone who claims to be the head of a large criminal organization. The target is a rival by the name of Ichabod Ain, wanted dead or alive. He spends most of his time in his office in the Financial District. He needs to make it look like a suicide or an accident.

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Gaosaron
Gao mentally reviewed the mission parameters. We still haven't found the bio-weapon. Whatever it is, it's probably beyond those little bastards. I have an idea, though... He went back to the corpse of the monstrosity; if its weapon still had ammo, he would see if he could cut it off and use it himself to clear the hallway. If it wasn't possible to use it, cut it off, or if it were out of ammo, he would switch to his Inferno and open fire to draw their attention. Hopefully, they would rush him and miss Ratrik, who could then flank them with his shotgun. He relayed the plan to his friend to see what he thought of it; if Ratrik thought it was worth it, he would give it a go. If not, they could try another passageway and see where it lead.

[2] - Gao quickly explains his plan to Ratrik. The other hunter frowns in response.

'Why don't we just wait her for them to pass? No need to get into a pointless fight.'

There's always the chance the aliens would come inside the labs, though that would still allow them to ambush them from cover. They might return from behind at the worst possible moment in the future if they're let go, though. They're coming around the corner in a bit, but there's still time to prepare and set up.

[1] No matter how Gao tries, he can't seem to remove the Golgo from the construct's arm. It seems to have been heavily modified to fit, and unusable by anyone else.

Allies

Spoiler: Tarur Ratrik (click to show/hide)

---

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)

Subject 971 and Kaviv Otoli
"Yeah, I'll go up high then. Lets find some cover."

Action: 971 finds a spot other than the shop, where he can watch over the street from above and stay hidden.
Kaviv will just follow 971 like a bad smell, looking rather self-conscious in his Bounty hunting gear.
"Er, yes, cover! We need cover. Good thinking!"

[1] - 971 assures the store owner they'll be monitoring the situation and he needn't worry. He waves him away, as if anxious to get back to work already. The heroic bounty hunter begins looking for a good spot to observe the street from. The worn-down apartment blocks lining the edges of the street don't look too inviting, but should have a good view. Now, to actually get in there somehow.

He strides over to the nearest building door, only to have it protected by a keypad lock. [2] The door seems sturdy otherwise as well. Probably to be safe from the gangs and other crime.

The other buildings look the same, but 971 couldn't see much from them anyhow. He tells Kaviv to wait and quickly goes around the building, finding, to his relief, a fire escape reachable from the ground. He calls Kaviv to him, [6] and they make their way inside the building, stumbling into a dusty, brightly-lit corridor. There are no windows from the corridor, but the door to the best possible apartment in regards to view on the street lies wide open. Edging closer, it appears they're having a party. If nobody notices them crashing in, they could view the street from there. Of course, breaking into one of the adjoining apartments is also a possibility.

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Yoink (click to show/hide)

Barauc
Prepare the Railgun nonetheless and wait for my target.

[4] - Barauc takes up a proper firing position, continuing scanning the area for any signs of Baseba. The police chief continues being as elusive as always, but atleast he gets to see police squads preparing to assault the warehouse. There's a surprising lack of discipline to their movements and preparations. [6] Movement catches Barauc's eye, and he follows a running officer to the side, where a huddle of police vehicles are waiting. The runner knocks on a car window - and out steps Baseba. Barauc has already recognized him by the time his scope catches up. He fixes his aim on the side of the chief's skull and pulls the trigger.

[Dodge:2-1-1=1] There's a hiss of displaced air and an abruptly-ending high-pitched whine. Barauc blinks, [Damage:83+30=113] and Baseba's skull disappears into fine red mist.

Barauc doesn't give the runner time to register his kill. He puts away the empty Railgun, [4] slides down from his position onto a lower level and surveys the area. Going deeper into the construction yard would be the easiest and fastest escape route. Returning to street-level and just walking away before the police could react would be much funnier, but extremely risky.

Spoiler: Riccto (click to show/hide)

Loria
Loria turned back to the PI and shook her head. "No, I think that'll be enough to go off of for now. I'll be in touch." She turned and walked away, keeping a keen eye out for the unseen bodyguard. Getting to a vantage on the upper level that was close to the stairs, she trained her visor on the couple below, setting it to record them. With any luck she'd be able to run an algorithm on the recording and figure out what they were saying to each other. If they started to move out of the club she would be right behind the couple that was behind them.

[6] - Loria says her goodbyes and heads over to the edge to keep a closer eye on the targets below. As Teodosio noted, their companions are leaving. She memorizes them for good measure, her visor even naming a few. There's four of them, plus a fifth who's going on his own way. Teodosio probably has more information on all of them. They disappear into the crowd, moving through it with an ease that makes the bounty hunter frown. [5] She makes out the bodyguard's form standing at the side a few meters from the couple.

[5] As far as she knows, a standard-model Zuche visor doesn't come with a possibility for recording, but hacking it to memorize footage should be child's play. [1] The child would need to be super-smart, though, as Loria quickly realizes after poking around at the visor's innards. It seems she'll have to remember what they're saying on her own. Atleast the Visor is capable of amplifying their speech.

[1] Their topics of conversation are, unfortunately, unbelievably boring and vapid. Hearing about the latest fashions is interesting for a while, but when someone doesn't talk about anything else at all...

When the topic finally changes to more personal things, Loria refocuses - unfortunately, the gossip Anthony is spewing doesn't seem to have anything to do with black market connections or their implants in any way. If she didn't know better, she'd think they were doing the pointless chatter on purpose to distract her. Eventually, the couple gets up - but not to leave. They take their conversation to the dancefloor, where Loria can't quite make out their words. Loria tries to read their lips by zooming, but the constantly moving mass of people keeps getting in the way.

[6] When she looks back at the wall, she freezes. The bodyguard is nowhere to be seen. She fights panic, [3] throwing a quick glance across the upper floor. She mistakes several heavily-built aliens for the man, but he himself isn't anywhere in the vicinity. She calms herself. He most likely just moved somewhere closer to the couple down below.

Spoiler: Theodolus (click to show/hide)
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 28
« Reply #505 on: October 25, 2011, 09:27:26 am »

Gao shrugged. "All right then, but if we get jumped from behind then this time it'll be my turn to tell you 'I told you so,'" he said, referencing a mission about three years ago. He was sure his partner remembered the incident. In any case, he looked for a place to conceal himself until the little bastards passed, so that the pair of them could continue moving forward afterward without a fight.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: October 25, 2011, 02:14:45 pm »

Hmm... better not throw in with the crimelords right now; no telling if I'm being watched right now.  Surely they won't mind if I help out some local, right?  Plus, the pay's nice.  Must be some interesting church if they have that kind of money to throw around.

Take the priest's mission, and get details.  From my room inventory, check on how many Zuche 20 Shock Mines and Railgun clips I have.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: October 25, 2011, 08:27:38 pm »

The Scorekeeper will be pleased by the clean kill. Sadly there is no time to take a trophy, the credits will do.
Action : Escape, Quickly and Efficiently through the construction yard.

Raggle Fraggle

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: October 26, 2011, 12:48:58 am »

"I'd prefer rest, right now. Thanks for the help, Jinan."

Akhain smiled slightly before going off to rest. He would go over the mission later.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 26, 2011, 01:34:46 am »

Kaviv nervously licked his dry lips. His eyes darted from the apartment door ahead, to 971 and back again.
"D-do you think they're the, er, gangsters?" He says in a hoarse whisper, uncertainly fiddling with the strap holding his shotgun close to his body.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 58