Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 58

Author Topic: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 51  (Read 87119 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Nope, because it's fiction. :P (Leading maybe but fighting, probably not. Worker bees and all that.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Or he could be fighting to be part of a more prestigious harem himself (Male bees AKA drones: Sit around making more bees :P)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

I'll edit myself, a bit

Name: Subject 971
Appearance: Three foot tall lizard/rat/dog, small claws, point teeth, stubby tail
Background: Inexperienced Revolutionary
Starting Implant:AugeanTech FlexiSpeed Aid

History: He is one of a now extinct race, brought back to life in the Old Regimes monstrous cloning labs-they often took old, dead species and tried to "improve" them, to serve as saboteurs soldiers, and assassins. This particular race was known as "Kobolds"-they were wiped out by a race of highly evolved Felines who viewed them as prey.

He was number 971-deemed defective, and earmarked for termination via combat research, just like the last 970. To the researchers surprise, he survived. Field testing was approved-they abandoned him on hostile planets with no backup, no support, and an explosive collar active. He came back, every time.

Eventually, they authorized an entire line of cloned Kobold soldiers to be created-all they had to do was harvest 971's organs. Live.
He was waiting patiently on the operating table, when he heard an explosion. Rebel soldiers had finally broken through, and they were gunning down the hopeless experiments in their tanks and cages. A female rebel entered the operating room. She leveled her weapon at 971. He asked her not to kill him, and, in that moment, mercy stayed the womans hand. Her name was Dalia-a Rebel commander.

His skills were put to great effect by the rebels-natural reflexes, cunning, and a small size that allowed him to sneak and inflitrate. He had little natural combat training, but was more than ready to embrace his new life as a rebel fighter, vowing to destroy the Regime that had created him. 971 became a sort of folk hero-the underground media played him up as a symbol of what they were fighting for.

After the war, he realized he had no connections to anyone, and without the knowledge to recreate his people, likely will never. Dedicated to the peace and security of the New Republic, 971 also wants to find out if any Kobolds are left, anywhere. That's going to take alot of money.

And, of course-there were still many that are more than eager to claim the secrets of the Old Regimes cloning technology from him, dead or alive.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Hmmm... My dude is more of a solo operator, so sure, I'll make the change to Foreign Mercenary.  Corrected sheet below.

Name:  Systar
Appearance:  Human, of slightly below average height and lean build.  Wears dark grey clothing with no visible colors.  Has a forgettable face, except that his eyes are always darting around.  A bit twitchy.
Background:  Foreign Mercenary
Starting Implant:  AugeanTech LightningBolt Pack
History:  An assassin from a coreward world, Systar prefers to get as close as possible to his target and eliminate them quickly.  For him, speed is king, and everything else is secondary.  He has come to this planet after hearing of the chaos.  He will sell his skills to the highest bidder to secure fortune the best way he knows how: killing people quickly.  If no one can run away from him, they cannot survive him.

His personal life is a mystery, as are his motivations- aside from money.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Name: Zara
Appearance: Silver Hair, Silver Eyes, 5 Ft 9 In, No Outstanding Scars
Background: Foreign Mercenary
Starting Implant: AugeanTech LightningBolt Pack (Increased speed, +1 Melee Attacks)
History: Zara was the only child in a family of Mercenaries, and every single member of the family was one. He grew up learning how to shoot bottles from far away, and how to defuse explosives. It was a hard life, and he encountered many challenges as he learedn everything from evasive driving to how to use a grenade launcher, and because of this when Zara came of age he became a merc, and his first jobs were working for the cartel on his home world. He spent many months helping them hunt down traitors, and snitches, but from all of that he still barely had any money, so he used what little he had,and moved to another planet for a bit. After a while arrived on the planet , and he decided to become bounty hunter, and use his skills to get rich by hunting down rouge aliens.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 12:36:29 pm by adwarf »

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile

Oh, great! I'm in!

Name: Achutugu-osha
Caste: Blue
Appearance: Achutugu-osha is a member of the Ddegnish, a species with seven different castes, called by most Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, and Violet. All are equally important in the raising of a mass of grubs (Ddengi grubs are spawned seven at a time, one from each caste). The Blues are the Protecting caste, who in the grub stage act as the defensive part of the grubmass, spitting acidic compounds at enemies, and in the adult stage protect the grubs from harm. Blues in the adult stage have seven eyes in a bulbous head mass, hair-like antennae clusters on their head, insectoid mouthparts, four legs and two pairs of arms, one for manipulation (dextrarms) and one for fighting (strengarms). Achu has green eyes, a light blue carapace, and yellow antennae. Bhee (the blue pronoun) also has a scar on bhir chest carapace. Bhir gender is 2, roughly equivalent to human female, and bhee doesn't mind being called "she" by two-gendered organisms.
Background: Inexperienced Revolutionary
Starting Implant: 'Juggernaut' Athletic Graft
History (optional): Achutugu-osha's (Achu to bhir friends) grubmass was in an explosion at the factory where bhir Greenparent (The Teaching caste) worked. Achu was the only survivor from bhir family-unit, a rarity because most of the time one grub in a mass cannot survive without all of the others. Bhee did survive, however, and crawled to the nearest organism, a human who had been overseeing the factory. Achu was raised by the human, and was taught the human's philosophy, Discordian (Groucho)Marxism-(John)Lennonism. Bhir belief is that all sentient organisms have a right to do what they want to, unless it infringes on the same rights of others, and that the Illuminati control everything. Fnord.

That's right, a paranoid alien from a species with seven variants and 5 genders. Aw yeah. I could describe everything, but I don't want to because I really don't know what most of them would be, I just wanted to put some really complicated species in for the hell of it.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 12:07:58 pm by choobakka »

Greyejoy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Name: Delcus
Appearance: A middling height human with numerous shrapnel and burn scars covering much of his body. He wears an old, patched, and fading dark purple jumpsuit with a bright green vest and belt with more pockets than is socially acceptable. It looks as though his hair and eyebrows have been singed of permanently, and you can't tell if he has a beard or his jaw is covered in soot and grease. It seems his grin never falters, and you have the strangest suspicion that Delcus hasn't bathed in a while.
Background: Foreign Mercenary
Starting Implant: Navigator Uplink Package
History: Maybe it'll be revealed in time. Maybe not. What is known, is his penchant for incendiary and explosives. Traps, gases, grenades, molotovs, chemicals, you name it. If it's dangerous, lethal, and can be cooked in a lab, Delcus will be in love. The chemicals may have also gone to his head a little bit.
If you had necromancy powers, this would be a pretty solid way to prank people.
A creepy old man runs up to you and suddenly the skin in your backpack tries to kill you? High Octane Nightmare Fuel much.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Really, adwarf? No history?

Sad face. :(

Choobakka looks so much cooler.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am still working on that  :)

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I invented seven new pronouns! Rhoi/Rhim/Rhis, Oon/Oim/Os, Yeem/Yeet/Yeer, Grii/Grip/Grio, Bhee/Bhim/Bhir, Iono/Ioni/Iom, Vrik/Vrim/Vrol!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 12:04:28 pm by choobakka »

Greyejoy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm leaving a history off my guy, because I think it could play out more interestingly. Especially if we have some fun character interactions so I can use his chaotic and drug addled mind.
If you had necromancy powers, this would be a pretty solid way to prank people.
A creepy old man runs up to you and suddenly the skin in your backpack tries to kill you? High Octane Nightmare Fuel much.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Choobakka, Sex and gender mean the same thing in terms of context. Maybe varient or strain would be what you're looking for?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There we go. I'll fix that. I couldn't think of another word tp describe what I wanted to say with the whole "seven varieties of the species" thing.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Caste?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Caste!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 58