Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Let's read the EULA! VII: Pando Media Booster EULA (Short one this time)  (Read 36124 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's read the EULA! V: Steam® Subscriber Agreement
« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2011, 07:16:04 pm »

I read the Roblox EULA- it's rather short and generally uninteresting. I haven't seen the forum guidelines you mentioned earlier.

I might do Impulse or Facebook next, maybe Roblox forum guidelines (but like I said, the EULA has little to it).
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 20, 2011, 02:29:31 pm »

I read the Roblox EULA- it's rather short and generally uninteresting. I haven't seen the forum guidelines you mentioned earlier.

I might do Impulse or Facebook next, maybe Roblox forum guidelines (but like I said, the EULA has little to it).

That's pretty surprising. On their forums you can't mention any other game, and most words are blocked (Mine, Block, Terraria ect.)

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 20, 2011, 02:33:27 pm »

That's pretty surprising. On their forums you can't mention any other game, and most words are blocked (Mine, Block, Terraria ect.)

Sounds like the makers of roblox are preeeeeeeeteeeeeeeeeeeetttttttty butthurt buttraging over the fact that every mining/block based game on the market has done better than them.(afaik)
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2011, 02:46:27 pm »

Do their forum rules reflect the insanity? Send me a link.

Reminds me somewhat of the Wyrdysm forums (for the game Battleships Forever). The admins there rule with an iron fist and an unmedicated temper. But I digress- yeah, it's not surprising that the admins of a really small game forum rule like despots. People who are admins because they were the dev's friends seems to be a formula for internet drama.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2011, 06:58:51 am »

The ROBLOX wiki page on their forum:

The Rules

The Forum Moderators try to keep things in line, but it's best if you use the forum with some common sense. Think of talking on the forum like being in school. All the rules of Roblox still apply, and you're there to talk to other people. Not to spam or be mean to each other, just to talk.

Also, if something is going down or a new rule has been introduced a moderator will pin a post to let you know about it. What this means is that their post is stuck to the top of the forum and doesn't go down like regular posts. Pinned posts tend to stay there for a few weeks, so it's probably a good idea to read it.

The current and complete rules are right here. Read 'em at least once. [This was a link]

The rules aren't very complex though. As long as you aren't mean and you have a point to talk about you'll be fine and the moderators will like you =D That said, a great way to make enemies is to constantly annoy the moderators or make them mad. The less they like you the less likely they are to let you make posts. So follow the rules and treat the forums well, and everyone will get along.

Remember that the Moderators are always right. Whatever they tell you to do overrides what the Rules say. The Moderators are all experienced adults who know how to keep you safe on the Forums.

Choice sections in bold.
My comments in [brackets]

Rules:

This is NOT a complete list. Saying "It's not on the rules" is not an excuse; all moderators are to be given respect and listened to. If they warn you about something they're keeping you from being banned.

IF YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT OR CONCERN ABOUT A MODERATION ACTION ON YOUR ACCOUNT, PM A MOD. Do not post about it here. Do not ask about other peoples' bans or warnings - that's none of your business.

1. If a mod says not to post something, don't post it. This is not up for debate.

2. No foul or abusive language will be tolerated.
Period. It has no place in our community. Attempts to disguise bad language or bypass the language filters will not be tolerated.

3. No personal attacks will be allowed.
You’re welcome to disagree with another member’s opinion but attacking (flaming) and insulting another member is not acceptable. Intentionally starting flame wars could cause you to be banned for a while. Posting "lol look at this stupid thing this person did" is a personal attack. Posting "wow isn't this a nooby place" is a personal attack. Posting PM strings where you totally pwn the other person is a personal attack.

4. No degrading racial comments are allowed.
Self-explanatory. You WILL be banned.

5. No drug, alcohol, or tobacco references.
Discussions about or references to drugs and alcohol are not allowed.

6. No inappropriate references.
There’s no question that Internet is full of degrading inappropriate material and comments. Roblox is fully G-rated, it must be KEPT that way. This will get you instantly banned.

7. No advertising or spamming.
It is our goal to keep the online community free from advertising and spam. We do not allow companies or individuals to actively market products, services, or websites to board members. Links to Roblox stuff is all right, but don't post about your personal chatroom or such.

8. No dangerous or harmful posts.
Posts that encourage members to participate in activities that we deem to be harmful or dangerous to members will be deleted (i.e. lighting things on fire, jumping cars over people etc.). Doing this stuff in Roblox is fine, in the real world it's not and can get you to be seriously hurt.
9. No links off ROBLOX.
No links to sites that are not owned by ROBLOX or related to official ROBLOX projects. So basically only link to roblox.com or the ustream videos.

10. No dating topics.
This isn't a dating help site, keep topics about dating, relationships, girlfriends/boyfriends, crushes, who you LIKE like, who you think is cute/hot, etc. off Roblox. Yes, this includes talking about your real-life relationships.

11. No religion threads.
NO RELIGIOUS THREADS AT ALL ARE ALLOWED. NO POLITICAL THREADS AT ALL ARE ALLOWED. NO WORLD-ENDING THREADS AT ALL ARE ALLOWED. NO 2012 THREADS ARE ALLOWED.
Any threads along the lines of "post hear if you dunt believ in god!!!" will get the thread owner AND ANYONE IN THE THREAD POSTING FLAME POSTS OR TROLLING POSTS banned. That goes for both sides of the arguments.

12. Make threads with an appropriate title. Blank titles are not allowed.

ALL THREADS IN ALL FORUMS MUST ABIDE BY THIS.
Your titles should tell you what the thread is about. It shouldn't be a "surprise". Make the titles mean something.

"Hi there!" is OK.
"I made a new map it's called Battleroads" is OK.

"Guess what!?" is BAD.
"I just...." is BAD.
"place" is BAD.
"Come see!" is BAD.

Spelling it out clear here:

Any title that does not describe the thread is in risk of being locked.

Any misleading title that makes one assume there is different stuff in the thread than there is WILL be locked.

Any title that is deemed inappropriate (by the moderators, not by other users :P ) will be removed and the user punished.

Any JOKE TITLES, involving one to assume that you are swearing or otherwise doing inappropriate things in the thread WILL BE TREATED LIKE IT'S THE REAL DEAL. That means you will be banned. Alright? Don't do that, it's really annoying and makes moderation harder to do.

13. Spam is not allowed.
Off Topic is for topics not related for Roblox. This includes things like talking about school, about favorite pets, things like that.

14. Do not reply to threads just to reply.
Replying with things like 'uh.. ya' or 'what' doesn't help the thread at all. If you don't have anything to say, don't say it. If the only thing you can think of to say is mean, don't say that either.

15. Don't pick fights.
Posting things just to get people mad is called flaming. Posting in a thread just to say the topic sucks is trolling. Both are punishable actions.

Posting "pwnd!" or anything similar after a mod corrects another player is also a form of flaming. If a mod corrects another player, do not respond and tell that player how they just got owned. They know they got owned. You know they got owned. Just leave it alone.

Don't respond to people just to respond. If you don't have anything to actually say, don't say anything. Yes, that means that just posting "no u" or "kthxbai" or "inb4lock" or any of those other one-liners is still spam, and is still not allowed.

16. Don't bump old threads. They're cOLD. Leave them alone.

17. Keep your signature short.
There's no support for sigs in here, and having an 8 line sig is annoying and has got to be annyoing to copy and paste all the time. So keep them nice and small, out of the way. Having a sig over 2 lines makes your post longer than your character, making the page longer, meaning more scrolling and more spam.

So keep 'em small and you can keep 'em. Otherwise, no sigs.

Also, don't make posts just to show off your signature, or to include your signature if you forgot it in a previous post. That's direct spam and can get you warnings.

18. Ghost bumping is not allowed.

Again, this is not a complete list. Changes will be made.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2011, 03:32:03 pm »

Wow. That's...uh...wow. Them's some crazy rules.

Choice bits:

NO LINKING TO OUTSIDE SITES
So...you can't even say, "Hey, ROBLOX is cool. Anyone who plays it might also like Minecraft. [link to the minecraft site]"

NO RELIGION OR POLITICAL THREADS
So...there's no room for rational discussion about controversial topics?

Also, I'm a bit confused. Is ROBLOX supposed to be for kids?

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2011, 04:38:47 pm »

Well, the political/religious thing is standard fare on the rest of the internet. Bay12games just seems more liable to go for troublemakers than avoid problem topics.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2011, 09:22:29 pm »

It really is a good idea to ban religious/political discussion, though I don't view these bans as actually being common. dragonshardz, rational discussion about controversial topic may quickly devolve into rational flaming and rational trolling, and I don't ever see these discussions being resolved in a positive manner.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2011, 08:12:37 pm »

10. No dating topics.
This isn't a dating help site, keep topics about dating, relationships, girlfriends/boyfriends, crushes, who you LIKE like, who you think is cute/hot, etc. off Roblox.

Okay, yeah, nonstandard but makes sense.

Yes, this includes talking about your real-life relationships.

Wait, what? Is there a lot of interplayer dating on ROBLOX?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2011, 08:16:07 pm »

Hey don't you know? ROBLOX is like the site to go to for interplayer dating :P

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 26, 2011, 09:34:01 pm »

Posting to watch.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 30, 2011, 12:07:37 pm »

Yeah, the Roblox community is pretty f***ed up. ::)
God, if I ever get a job writing EULAs, I will put something along the lines of
"Furthermore, you agree to fight an angry hippo, who may or may not have a chainsaw strapped to it's head."

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 01, 2011, 10:43:45 pm »

Anyone have an EULA they're curious about, or suspect will be outrageous? If I don't get any good suggestions, I'll probably choose something at random tomorrow.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 01, 2011, 11:04:11 pm »

The EA Origin EULA, as it is right now. :V

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile