Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21

Author Topic: "You Can't Discuss Religion, That's Naughty (But Only If You're Athiest)"  (Read 24602 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

I admit they're good, but not THAT good.

They're GRRRRRRRRREAT

The best part is, give it 10-15 minutes and you can eat another bowl. Probably no more than 4 or 5 a day though.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Africa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I love bringing up the thing about how circumcision was promoted in America to prevent masturbation whenever people start telling me how important not having a foreskin is for cleanliness. I guess the ridiculousness of that latter myth has already been discussed. Fact is, you can't get a foreskin back, so people who grew up without one are more likely to rationalize why that's a good thing rather than face the fact that they had part of their dick chopped off for no good reason.
Quote from: Cthulhu
It's like using hobos to fight an eating-resistant baloney epidemic.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

Uh, yes you can.  Foreskin restoration surgery exists.

Also, justifying penis-related choices your parents made for you is the engine of the entire debate.

Both sides.
Shoes...

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

And here I thought the engine of the entire debate had devolved to "demeaning each other based on penile status = SMOOTH / FLOPPY".

Next we'll move on to dealing with those stupid Star-Bellied Sneetches.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Has this officially been renamed The Penis thread yet? It would go nicely with the Weiner thread.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile

If I may bible batter?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Summary: You can't be Jewish uncircumcised. So, no matter if you think it's mutilation, you'd be killing off an entire religion by banning it. I say there should be no government involvement  on the issue.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

The Bible says to do a lot of things that are already against the law, and for good reason.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Honestly. Yes. circumcision may not be the ethical thing to do, but it's really quite a minor thing. I would say, let it happen, cause it is not enough to go into battle over.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile

Summary: You can't be Jewish uncircumcised. So, no matter if you think it's mutilation, you'd be killing off an entire religion by banning it. I say there should be no government involvement  on the issue.

Are we to permit mutilation to protect a religion?

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are we to permit people vastly over-exaggerating what actually happens? There's a reason it isn't called male genital mutilation. People use terms like "mutilation" exactly so people think more goes on than actually happens. You have a tiny flap of flab cut off for whatever reason. You aren't selling a kidney.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile

You did not say that it was an exagguration. You said that it did not matter if we think it is mutilation; we should keep it to protect a religion. Thus, you are telling anyone that thinks it is mutilation that they should disregard that they think it mutilation in order to preserve a religion.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 08:56:40 pm by Fenrir »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Are we to permit people vastly over-exaggerating what actually happens? There's a reason it isn't called male genital mutilation. People use terms like "mutilation" exactly so people think more goes on than actually happens. You have a tiny flap of flab cut off for whatever reason. You aren't selling a kidney.
I propose that you are under-selling the mutilation by saying "You have a tiny flap of flab cut off for whatever reason. You aren't selling a kidney."

Religion simply cannot dictate law. If the members of Judaism feel that they have to cut up their male children's genitalia to make God happy, well, too bad. You can't cut up the children's genitalia even if God wants you to. This is 2011, not the Dark Ages.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 08:56:12 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You did not say that it was an exagguration. You said that it did not matter if we think it is mutilation; we should keep it to protect a religion. Thus, you are telling anyone that thinks it is mutilation that they should disregard that they think it mutilation in order to preserve a religion.
I'm telling anyone who thinks it is mutilation to actually find out what happens, rather than listening to sensationalist preachers and media.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile

That is not what you wrote.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mutilate:
1 : to cut up or alter radically so as to make imperfect <the child mutilated the book with his scissors>
2 : to cut off or permanently destroy a limb or essential part of

And are you serious about that scriptural argument? Because you may really want to check out some of that other stuff that is "essential" for there to be a Jewish religion. But I guess there really isn't a Jewish religion anymore, going by your argument.

I'd really like for this penis conversation to die but I'm not going to let the absurd go unanswered.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21