Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: HAAAAAX: an infestation of RATs  (Read 9938 times)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: HAAAAAX: A compendium of recent events
« Reply #105 on: June 24, 2011, 12:28:21 pm »

Small correction for list: LulzSec's stated reason for the Arizona police hack was to protest Arizona SB1070, their recent immigration law.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #106 on: June 24, 2011, 12:37:11 pm »

Don't forget the DNS DDOS that has been slowing down just about everything.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 24, 2011, 09:04:48 pm »

Uberleaks actions:
*Today: Database from the New England Nordic Ski Association.
*Yesterday: Databases from European Antique Market, ODF Alliance, and American Students' Fund.

Also, the UK hotel chain Travelodge was hacked on Wednesday, with a chunk of its mailing list ending up in the hands of hackers/spammers.

More stuff: NATO's E-Bookshop got hacked.  Culprit(s) are unknown.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 25, 2011, 03:51:42 pm »

Don't forget the DNS DDOS that has been slowing down just about everything.
Source/article?
Last DDoS against the DNS servers I can find was in '07, with the only other on record in '02

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 25, 2011, 06:14:21 pm »

Okay.  LulzSec just released a bunch of stuff, in what is apparently their last action.  They're done.  Finished.  I'll have details on their actions up soon.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 25, 2011, 07:08:51 pm »

Okay.

Dates are unknown, but the contents of the LulzSec dump are:
*Internal AOL data
*Internal AT&T data
*Battlefield Heroes database
*Hackforums.net database
*NATO E-Bookshop database (looks like they were behind it)
*Screenshot of defaced site: chart.donhr.navy.mil (Department of the Navy job application site)
*Priority Investigations Limited database
*Databases apparently from gaming forums.  Forums not identified, but I'm not in any of them.
*Information on corporate office networks and "silly" routers.  I'm not exactly good at looking at that.  However, I did notice mentions of Disney and Sony.

In addition, some more stuff from Uberleaks:
*Yesterday: Databases from Big Brother Big Sister Ireland, Shambhala.org (buddhist website), and the Advanced Biofuels Association.
*Today: Databases from Fédération Française de Basketball, Biclops Games, How's Your Game, DATAR Massif Central (French regional government website), Basin PBS, and Wyoming PBS.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 10:05:21 am by Jack A T »
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 25, 2011, 07:36:11 pm »

Good thing they took down the Battlefield Heroes database, that game is terrible.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 25, 2011, 08:15:50 pm »

For people on a mission, their attacks seem to be remarkably unfocused when they are not simply petty.

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 26, 2011, 02:25:33 am »

deleted
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 01:25:02 pm by Jimlad11 »
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 15, 2011, 12:38:46 am »

Pentagon got cyber attacked (you lazy, lazy watchdogs). Apparently, another one could cause death. The government is advising everybody immediately deactivate their microchip.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 15, 2011, 01:11:06 am »

Yeah, I think myself and by the looks of it other people pretty much decided to abandon this thread... It became pretty clear that hacking goes on enough worldwide that on any given day there are half a dozen or more which can be dug up; the time investment required each day simply to look em up was a bit more than I think any of us were hoping for.

As such, I think I'll be abandoning the idea of 'The List' as a bit naive simply due to the volume of hacking. As of now, this thread shall be re-purposed to constructive discussion of the more interesting ones. As before, avoid shitposting like 'Grah, those h4x0rs are so mean.'

Updated OP accordingly.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 01:20:00 am by alway »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: HAAAAAX: A re-purposing
« Reply #116 on: July 15, 2011, 10:33:27 pm »

Finally, the government does gives a reaction to the hacking stampede. Not anything that would fix the problem right now or anything, though. just another committee.

Commitees can be useful, though; we've gotten this far with them and the government is still going well enough.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 18, 2011, 12:24:41 pm »

So...now that LulzSec has died down, they're reforming it to "Operation Antisec" and declaring a full-scale war on not just government and corporate websites, but anybody even remotely connected to IT security. From their "manifesto":

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Really, guys? You insist you're not black hats, that you're doing this for the good of the world, and then you declare open war on security bloggers and white hatters trying to make the Internet a safer place for Joe Q. Public? Because it's all some kind of conspiracy to make people buy anti-virus products that will help keep government secrets secret? Or something?

Then FUCK YOU. Please--come mess with our networks. And I will personally help track your scrawny, V-For-Vendetta-loving asses down and see to it that your tired bullshit is put to bed. Sorry for anyone that considers this shitposting, but I think this is a valid topic for creative discussion. When a group like this starts declaring *everyone* the enemy, they're striding boldly towards that fuzzy line that seperates activists from terrorists.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 19, 2011, 02:13:34 am »

LulzSec has apparently not completely died down yet, they have rooted of The Times's server and used it to post a fake death story on The Sun after redirecting it.

Link.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 19, 2011, 02:16:59 am »

V-For-Vendetta-loving asses down

Think you need to worry more about Fight Club.  Anon, the V-for-Vendetta group, seems to be a lot more playful... and rather more moralistic =/
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9