Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Squid Ink!  (Read 719 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Squid Ink!
« on: June 13, 2011, 10:03:16 am »

Quote from: Toady One
We're going to do something with squid ink as an escape mechanism (not sure that we'll go any further with it).

Please make squid ink have a short-term blindness syndrome, if that's not already planned D:

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Squid Ink!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 10:11:27 am »

Quote from: Toady One
We're going to do something with squid ink as an escape mechanism (not sure that we'll go any further with it).

Please make squid ink have a short-term blindness syndrome, if that's not already planned D:

The problem is that the Ink doesn't REALLY blind you through a syndrome. It blinds you buy obscuring your vision dirrectly.

In a way that other non-clear liquids should be doing right now.

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 10:21:42 am »

The spinning Vomit strikes Urist McBladeswoman in the right eye, bruising the muscle.
And yet, no blindness.
Wut?
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 10:30:31 am »

The spinning Vomit strikes Urist McBladeswoman in the right eye, bruising the muscle.
And yet, no blindness.
Wut?

I think we all have had adventurers who have had several caked on layers of liquids on our eyeballs.

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 04:40:09 am »

And yet, no blindness.
Wut?

I think we all have had adventurers who have had several caked on layers of liquids on our eyeballs.

Vomit, water, blood, and pus from a headwound, at my last count.

That was a fun adventure. Then I died of infection.
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 06:49:33 am »

When I read the title, I thought it was going to be about using squid ink as... Ink. For writing with. Once books and book writing are implemented, this needs to be an option.

EvilMoogle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 07:32:19 am »

Yeah, I came in expecting to see ink as an extract/trade good (later writing component).