Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Question about latest Version  (Read 3467 times)

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Question about latest Version
« on: June 12, 2011, 08:32:47 pm »

Im just curious... I skimmed the main page whare he talks about stuff and you can download the game... and the last update DF 31 25.  was like ages and ages ago and as I was skimming he was talking about vampires and whare wolves and whare lizerds and Narwall peaple and kiwi peaple and im just wondering if he is adding these to DF 31 25 so if i download it will i get all this awsome stuff or is this stuff he is planning on adding and if so when? I meen it was ages ago the last update and the next one sounds like its gunna be a huge jump if all that stuffs gunna be in it

plus have they fixed towns yet? or are they still like 50 peaple without any family or hystory stuffed into like one house with a strange strip of dirt behind or beside the house...

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
Re: Question about latest Version
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 08:40:40 pm »

Things that Toady has been adding to the game since the last release came out are not in the last release, no.  You'll need to wait for the next release for those things.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 08:42:31 pm »

Things that Toady has been adding to the game since the last release came out are not in the last release, no.  You'll need to wait for the next release for those things.

ok any idea when the new update will be? has toady given any hints?

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 08:45:20 pm »

Nope.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 08:47:31 pm »

but it will most likely be soon though right? givent the fact that the last update was so long ago... how is the progress looking?

also Is this going to be like the big update when the whole game changed? 40d I think it was but corect me if im wrong? like how he changed all the systems and made everything better?

tfaal

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Ello, 'ello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 08:48:46 pm »

There's no official release date or ETA that I'm aware of. My own optimistic estimate would be the end of June. My pessimistic estimate would be the end of July. He's got several more night creatures to implement, plus however long the mundane town stuff takes. The last DF Talk had some good info on the extent of the planned features, which might give you a better idea. He definitely doesn't want the release to take to terribly long, but it is a big one. 40d was one of the huge updates, but the most recent one was 32.x/DF2010. It won't be as big as either of those; DF2010 took over a year to develop.
I still think that the whole fortress should be flooded with magma the moment you try dividing by zero.
This could be a handy way of teaching preschool children mathematics.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 08:59:09 pm »

alright I gotcha... are they going to be changing the interface and systems like they did before? kinda like how you they made graphics higher res and changed how you isue orders and well lots of things basically is this going to change the core stuff like 40d did

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2011, 09:22:13 pm »

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2011, 09:37:11 pm »

that dousnt really have the answers to my questions...

tfaal

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Ello, 'ello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2011, 10:04:38 pm »

This particular release won't have any major changes to the interface, no. Standing work orders and a few other interface things are on the big dev list Capn linked you too, but other than that, it's mostly the same, and that list is the forecast for the next year or so, notwithstanding any stuff Toady decides to throw in on a whim.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 10:06:09 pm by tfaal »
I still think that the whole fortress should be flooded with magma the moment you try dividing by zero.
This could be a handy way of teaching preschool children mathematics.

BronzeElemental

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2011, 10:08:05 pm »

What will be, will be. Don't stress it, you just get a hernia.

Rainseeker

• Bay Watcher
  • Listening to Toady make trumpet sounds since 2009!
    • View Profile
    • Rattown Stories
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2011, 10:18:55 pm »

Don't worry, it's always like it here.  I would be surprised, however, if he does not release before the meetup.
Rainseeker writes comics!  http://rattownstories.com

Also, forum profile for said comic:  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=78817.0

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2011, 10:26:43 pm »

I would be surprised, however, if he does not release before the meetup.

It is never a wise move to hang your state of mind upon events outside of your control.

Rainseeker

• Bay Watcher
  • Listening to Toady make trumpet sounds since 2009!
    • View Profile
    • Rattown Stories
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2011, 10:43:11 pm »

I would be surprised, however, if he does not release before the meetup.

It is never a wise move to hang your state of mind upon events outside of your control.

The slight surprise I was referring to has never much bothered me one way or the other. ;)
Rainseeker writes comics!  http://rattownstories.com

Also, forum profile for said comic:  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=78817.0

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2011, 10:44:20 pm »

Even the lighest leaf's descent causes ripples on a pond that may otherwise be pristine with stillness.
Pages: [1] 2 3