Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19

Author Topic: And again, Toribash.  (Read 38703 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
And again, Toribash.
« on: June 12, 2011, 04:36:28 pm »

This game seems to spring up on this board every half a year or so, and then sinks back into obscurity. Here at Bay 12 we're people very much used to bloody murder, dismemberment, and violent wrestling, so what gives?

For the unenlighted, Toribash is a turn-based powered-ragdoll physics fighting game for two players. What this means is that instead of pushing a button to punch, you tell the torso/shoulder/elbow/hand joints which way to move, and end turn, then watch as your fighter pummels himself in the face because you forgot to reset the shoulder's move from last turn. It's pretty fun.

So, how about some fighting?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Krelian

• Bay Watcher
  • Hola
    • View Profile
Re: And again, Toribash.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 04:55:51 pm »

its via ip ? and, can be played like vs a cpu, for new players? :s

oh, and in the video on the main page, the fights go all fast, is that some sort of replay? because if it is turn based, I doubt it will be that fast

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 04:57:29 pm »

Oh gog, Toribash. This is the best spectator sport game ever. Any of the Joust mods make it utterly impossible to plan, thus lulz.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 05:03:13 pm »

its via ip ? and, can be played like vs a cpu, for new players? :s

oh, and in the video on the main page, the fights go all fast, is that some sort of replay? because if it is turn based, I doubt it will be that fast
There's no real AI, though you can find some basic jiggle-around plugins for Uke (the other ragdoll). New players can just play against themselves - Uke is controllable in singleplayer, so you can set up whatever moves you want to practice.

And yes, the videos are a replay. The turns are simultaneous (basically it's just autopaused realtime), and the game automatically records every fight. It even allows editing, in the way of starting a new fight from any moment of the replay so you can change the outcome.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 05:08:11 pm »

Oh gog, Toribash. This is the best spectator sport game ever. Any of the Joust mods make it utterly impossible to plan, thus lulz.
I'd watch anyone who wants to play this.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Krelian

• Bay Watcher
  • Hola
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 05:10:01 pm »

Oh, simutaneous turns.. 

You got my attention. Ok count me in :)
downloading

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 05:27:18 pm »

If you want some practice you could always join a beginner room. People there are just as clueless as you are ;)

Krelian

• Bay Watcher
  • Hola
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2011, 05:33:55 pm »

well the AI already comes with some moves and he is beating the crap out of me LOL

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2011, 05:36:01 pm »

Haven't played toribash in ages, I even forgot about it, might start playing it when I'm fed with LoL during this summer break.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2011, 05:36:18 pm »

What's the latest version and how do I tell what version I have?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2011, 05:41:09 pm »

well the AI already comes with some moves and he is beating the crap out of me LOL
I think you're better off going to the beginner room :P

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2011, 05:41:57 pm »

Oh, Toribash! I love that game, thanks for reminding me :P

If anyone knows how to setup a bay12games room for that, pretty pretty please do it and post instruction how to join!

] EvilTwin withdraws from society...

Krelian

• Bay Watcher
  • Hola
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2011, 05:46:55 pm »

yeah, fricking AI knows kung fu >_<

I went to a beginer room. Won my first fight by standing still and my opponent fell to the floor and lose xD
Second fight, I fell to the floor :(

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2011, 05:51:26 pm »

yeah, fricking AI knows kung fu >_<

I went to a beginer room. Won my first fight by standing still and my opponent fell to the floor and lose xD
Second fight, I fell to the floor :(
Theres a freeze all limbs key or something like that. it helps keep you up right if I'm remembering this right.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Krelian

• Bay Watcher
  • Hola
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2011, 05:56:38 pm »

yeah, the "c"

I still cant figure how to throw a kick. I mean, how to raise the thigh... contract the ass lowers it I guess, but what raises it >-<
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19