Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Author Topic: And again, Toribash.  (Read 38702 times)

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
Re: And again, Toribash.
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2011, 06:25:59 pm »

dont use the ass joint, contract the topmost joint of the leg to throw a kick. It is also a good idea to jump with the other leg so your kick has more power. Also, anyone who didn't know: clicking on the hand sets it to grapple mode :)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 06:28:20 pm by EvilTwin »

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2011, 06:30:22 pm »

In my internet drought (had internet cut off, couldn't get it back on for about 9 months), I made up a bunch of Toribash moves. One of them was a shin kick so powerful it sent their leg flying off. The other was a 2 turn decapitation.

This game's epic
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2011, 06:40:30 pm »

After lowering the dismemberment threshold setting a bit, I somehow managed, while attempting a doube-foot jump-kick to the midsection, to first rip off one of my own legs, and then while flailing aroung, pin Uke below me and at the same time rip off one of my forearms. And still won by a significant amoung, despite not doing any visible damage to Uke.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2011, 06:45:00 pm »

Whoah, this looks like MADNESS. :D
I'll have to try it later!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2011, 07:05:30 pm »

One time, in Twinswords, my opponent lopped my arm off, but then I grabbed it, smacked him in the face with it and won on points.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Krelian

• Bay Watcher
  • Hola
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2011, 07:07:54 pm »

ok, I managed to rip my own arm.... trying to throw a punch.... at a practice dummy...  this game is hard >_<

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2011, 07:08:41 pm »

I got disappointed after Hampa announced 4.0 and then left to work on Toribash Wii for a year.
Toribash Wii has now been out for six months at the least, and still no 4.0.
Also, the player customizations are either pseudo-pay-for (you can buy items to improve your TC/win ratio or TC outright) or you have to win thousands of rounds online on certified servers.

That doesn't mean it's not fun.  Just don't expect to be the guy with the full custom textures.

EDIT: I might as well point out the videos I made a long time ago.
I wasn't very good at it (both the game AND the editing, at that time...  Especially the latter, I didn't spend nearly enough time on it) but here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-zSS3FIXqM  2006
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uutgepSzITo    2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4jnqk0jgT4    2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntMbNS1-5oY  2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Lqm0yHleyE  2007
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 07:12:19 pm by Jay »
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2011, 07:08:59 pm »

yeah, the "c"

I still cant figure how to throw a kick. I mean, how to raise the thigh... contract the ass lowers it I guess, but what raises it >-<

Contract both glutes, contract the hip of the leg thats gonna kick, extend the other. If its the right leg thats kicking, turn your torso to the right, if its the left one, turn left, etc. Extend the peck on the kicking leg's side, lower its shoulder and contract its elbow, then contract the other peck, preferably turning the hand into a grab.

If done properly, you got your basic judo mode kick. You can use the knees, wrists and ankles to improve its effect too.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2011, 07:14:26 pm »

Usually, my first turn consists of extending my ankles, sending me flying at my opponent.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2011, 07:25:47 pm »

I am usually flying all the time and win on points. IF I win that is... Usually I get completely butchered :D

Anyone wanna play? beginner's judo2 is empty :) (dont have that much time though)

EDIT: nvm, I'm off. anyone who wanted to get slaughtered in a noobish way will have to wait till tomorrow...
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 07:28:34 pm by EvilTwin »

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2011, 07:49:50 pm »

I'd totally forgotten about this game.  DLing now and looking forward to getting my ass (literally) handed to me.

Has anyone got a Bay12 room up?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2011, 08:46:08 pm »

Figured I would try it. In the single player I was able to twist and repeatedly slap my opponent upside the head while grabbing his lower torso with my other arm, then elbow his arm as he tried to hit me, then kick him in the side as we both twisted to the ground, then kick out with both legs while releasing him and flip him over and send him landing on his head behind me. Couldnt figure out a way to keep myself standing though, so I fell over too. Then it crashed at the end of the match, without even an error message in the stderr file.

Can't get the game to run in multiplayer at all. I was able to register an account, but the game either freezes and stays stuck utilizing one core of my CPU at 100% or crashes outright - still with no error messages.

Not sure whats up. All my drivers are up to date, and my computer runs every other game I throw at it with no problem - morrowind, oblivion, SPAZ, fort zombie, star ruler, distant worlds, dwarf fortress, etc. etc.

Too bad too, looks like it might have been fun.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2011, 09:53:57 pm »

http://www.mediafire.com/?rfwks9a8rair5xm

Still my favorite replay i've made.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Jusman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2011, 09:58:59 pm »

I played this awhile ago but I wasn't really good at it, I tried it just now though and managed to beat Uke three times in a row so I may join in on the online matches
I heard your like sieges so I put a Goblin fortress in your fortress so you could siege while besieged.

Grishnak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2011, 03:21:29 am »

I used to play the shit out of some Judo. I loved doing retarded flips and shit. So much fun, I might download and fire this up.
I'm a saint when it comes to pirating.  I've ripped and burned many a .iso, went .rar at my maties and sailed the .7z's.
Blog for my new roguelike Lost Horizon. <- kind of on hold
My SoundCloud
My Youtube Channel
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19