Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hardcore enemies  (Read 1659 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Hardcore enemies
« on: June 12, 2011, 09:49:08 am »

Discuss hardcore enemies you have encountered in DF here!

I was fighting a hammerman and I had crushed 6 of his bones, severed his (middle) spine and ripped off his right hand, yet he had NO pain and stayed alive for a while.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Kicior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hardcore enemies
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 09:57:13 am »

I was fighting a hammerman and I had crushed 6 of his bones, severed his (middle) spine and ripped off his right hand, yet he had NO pain and stayed alive for a while.
He probably didn't feel pain because of severed middle spine  :P
and slippedy sloppidy doo everything is made of fuck

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 09:58:51 am »

He probably didn't feel pain because of severed middle spine  :P
The severed spine was one of the last things I did. He didn't feel pain before the middle spine severing, either.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Alestom

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Scotsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 02:12:26 pm »

A FUCKING MOOSE! look at BS Deaths around page 21-22 for the whole story, But he killed 5 legendary adventurers and 9 companions (Sword,axe and crossbowmen)

If I had my time again, I know Id be a fighting man

In far Malay or Vietnam, Though I am more a lover

Golcondio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 03:12:35 pm »

A boss axeman, fainted after I broke his toe with a kick, then "survived" (for 1 turn) the loss of all 4 limbs at the joint...

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 06:13:59 pm »

A female bandit by the name of Rope Necrostyles. I sliced off both her arms and she escaped (because the camp was in a blizzard where the thick fog made it impossible to see). I wait a bit and come back to the site, and Rope, armless, murders three of my companions under the cover of fog. When I finally catch up, I lop off one of her shoulders, and she escapes yet again. Never saw her again after that for some reason (but she's definately alive, because I never got quest cred).
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Corneria

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN:ACCEPTABLE][TRESPASSING:SHUN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 12:56:01 pm »

A female bandit by the name of Rope Necrostyles. I sliced off both her arms and she escaped (because the camp was in a blizzard where the thick fog made it impossible to see). I wait a bit and come back to the site, and Rope, armless, murders three of my companions under the cover of fog. When I finally catch up, I lop off one of her shoulders, and she escapes yet again. Never saw her again after that for some reason (but she's definately alive, because I never got quest cred).

Race?
Oh yeah: Nazis.  Now I lost the argument.  So you can't argue with me anymore.  Nyah.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 02:41:34 pm »

a human warlord, i throw a spear in to her heart, and whive the spear sicking out or her chest she came at me blade in hand, fighting with a frury unmached by any beast on she attacked me.
in the end her wound was the end of her, i used her blade to kill hundreds over the comeing years.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

ETV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 06:00:46 am »

"Oh yeah I am going to mess this night creature up SO bad!"

Later that day after entering generic night creature house.

"OH shit oh fuck my sword is bruising his fat he's latched onto my arm oh shit motor nerve damage in the leg oh shit!"

I soon learned the importance of aiming attacks and training skills before taking quests.
Hello.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 09:50:39 am »

A god damned minotaur.
He tore some rather experienced companions to shreds like they were made of steam, and could very well have won had his luck kept up after I stepped in. Managed to slowly pick apart his legs and arms, he eventually just bled to death, but I absolutely could not land any one fatal hit.
Half our forces were dead, and everyone left was injured.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 11:08:10 am »

Fought an Ettin once...
Died when it touched me.
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

Kicior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 01:29:13 pm »

Kangaroo Demon which was throwing elephants.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 02:05:29 pm »

What.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Kicior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2011, 02:23:15 pm »

I didn't make a screen when he was throwing elephants but I made a screen when he kills one by punching it in head.

kissa3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2011, 02:43:54 pm »

Got ambushed by  3 goblins. 2 of them wore uranium armor (bronze actualy) by halberts attacks got deflected every time, no matter i stab or slash. I slashed both upper arms off one of them, and he ran away(?). The other one, i hacked his legs to shit, but he was still standing. Then i took his left arm, and he landed lucky hit, which gave me extreme pain, and started fleeing. As i was stumbling and falling down unconcious, i saw that armless goblin, run in out of no where kick my head off.

These were THE most hardcore goblins ever.
Pages: [1] 2