Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16

Author Topic: Evercage, the dwarven prison [Dwarf Fortress Advanced v. 0.3.6 COMMUNITY]  (Read 31622 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Evercage, the dwarven prison [Dwarf Fortress Advanced v. 0.3.6 COMMUNITY]
« Reply #120 on: August 01, 2011, 05:25:56 am »

My dorf has a friend? 

Interesting...
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 01, 2011, 02:27:34 pm »

Can i have a prisoner dwarf?

Name:Kilik
Crime:Medicinal malpractice
Profession: I would prefer a doctor dwarf but if thats not possible Ill just be a guard.

Medical malpractice?

Spoiler: Kilik (click to show/hide)

Here you go, who could be better chief doctor than the one sentenced for such a crime?  ;D

My dorf has a friend? 

Interesting...

IIRC even Hannibal had friend or two. And when considered the type of dwarves mostly sentenced to Evercage, I would find it a bit surprise if Lecktor didn't have any friends at all...  ;)
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 01, 2011, 02:55:25 pm »

what sort of crossbow do i have? is this mod that has crossbows with bayonets?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 01, 2011, 02:55:53 pm »

Yay but can i be a male instead?
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 01, 2011, 03:47:41 pm »

what sort of crossbow do i have? is this mod that has crossbows with bayonets?

Yes, this mod contains bayonetted crossbow, strong crossbow as well as bayonetted strong crossbow. You have normal one.

You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 02, 2011, 02:03:14 am »

Yay but can i be a male instead?

Hmm.. medical malpractice and turning to male...

I think that's going to make an excellent entry!  :D

Read: Done!

Spoiler: Kilik (click to show/hide)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 02, 2011, 04:18:37 am »

Are there any ( unclaimed ) prisoner dwarves with a rude personality?  If so, please have Lecktor somehow kill them, especially if you can make it look like an accident ( or better yet, somehow have Lecktor make them so unhappy that they go insane and kill themselves ). 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 02, 2011, 06:08:10 am »

I made a friend?

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 02, 2011, 02:16:29 pm »

Are there any ( unclaimed ) prisoner dwarves with a rude personality?  If so, please have Lecktor somehow kill them, especially if you can make it look like an accident ( or better yet, somehow have Lecktor make them so unhappy that they go insane and kill themselves ).

I will see if there is a something I can do about that. Can't promise anything yet though.

I made a friend?

Well, as chief doctor you are mostly hanging in the dining hall unless there are patients, so I find it only natural. And after saving few of our guards I would find it strange if you didn't have any.

In fact, you have a total of 17 friends...  :D

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 02, 2011, 02:35:37 pm »

Chapter 3 - Road to Barony

2nd of Granite, year 105

The new year has begun with shocking news. Our chief doctor, who was sent here due some medical malpractice, has taken a new name to herself. From now on she wants to be called Kilik. But that's not the shocking part but the fact that she made a terrible surgery to herself, turning herself to male! Male! I don't even want to think of what she, or he here on, used to make that thing between his legs. That's just plain disgusting! But what else would you except from a bunch maniacs here in Evercage?

9th of Granite, year 105

One of our masons has gone moody. Some witnesses said that he has been acting strangely last few days, and today he withdrew from the society, walked to one of our masonries and claimed it to himself. After spending some time he begun working. When I consulted our bookkeeper for more information what the mason collected she said that the materials include some rock, vampire leather, cloth, wood, rough gem, nickel silver and bones. Nothing special, except perhaps the vampire leather and goblin bones. I wonder what is he going to produce from those materials?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

13th of Granite, year 105

Stronghammer has demanded two items from rune bronze. When I consulted Yorilda about production of those she said that before the monastery is built there is nothing they can do about it. Unless some temporal altars and temples are built, that is.

17th of Granite, year 105

I think that Stronghammer took the hint of Yorilda seriously, as he immediately ordered the construction of two altars and two rune workshops inside the industrial district. No temples has been built yet as our priests must sanctify some stone for those, and for that they need altar.

The mason also came out from the workshop today, presenting us alunite throne he had made. It was pretty, though nothing special. It had some interesting decorations, like picture of bloodfly made with brown zircon. Never seen such a creature myself and can't think where he would have either, but apparently he has.

We also got a group of migrants today. I think the king is preparing our fortress for the barony, as from twenty-two dwarves that arrived only ten were prisoners, and from those ten two were children. No personnel were sent with the group though, only priests and guards. This means that we have to prepare many new rooms for the newcomers.

26th of Granite, year 105

The temples has been constructed and thus our priests have temporal place to do their services.

As I understand the work for producing rune bronze has already begun. Yorilda claimed that we don't actually need to smelt bronze fro copper and tin, which we are lacking, but instead they can sacrifice some copper bars for bronze. I'm quite skeptic about that but Stronghammer seems to believe it, so that's how they are going to acquire the bronze needed.

4th of Slate, year 105

Another farm has been built. After I asked Stronghammer the reason, as we don't currently need more food, he said that it's not for growing plump helmets but pig tails. Apparently he wants to start a cloth industry here as well, which is fine to me.

14th of Felsite, year 105

The goblins decided to lay a siege again. Even though only small force was spotted Stronghammer still ordered everybody back inside and the gate to be sealed. What made the situation funny was that the elven caravan was approaching our fortress at the same time, so they were effectively shut out.

As we watched the goblins to gather south from use, at the western bank of the river, we saw that the invading force was made from dozen or so goblin axe soldiers as well as one hammer goblin. It was clear that the one carrying the hammer was the leader of the invasion. As the goblins noticed that our gates were shut they decided to set up a camp, and so it was decided to try to lure them closer by lowering the bridges for a moment.

While the goblins didn't react immediately the lowering of bridges allowed elves to enter our fortress. And we know what that means, right? The mob squad was immediately ordered to slaughter all the elves, six in total.

The slaughter was brutal and no elf survived from the process. Limbs were ripped off with bare hands, blood was splattered everywhere and the stink of elven urine could be smelled even to deeper sections of the fortress.

The goblins haven't moved yet so we decided to keep the gates open and see what will happen.

8th of Hematite, year 105

As the goblins weren't interesting to move towards us Stronghammer decided to send our troops to them. The melee soldiers were ordered to guard the crossing while archers stationed at the opposed side of the river.

Everything went as planned first, several goblins were slaughtered and two fled, rest of them stunned by the shock of our surprise attack. But then, when everything looked fine, one our archers decided to venture the wrong side of the river, that is the same side where goblins were.

There were six goblins left, one seriously injured, but Rar saw no other possibility to safe the poor archer than to charge towards the goblins, which had finally taken interest of our soldiers, especially the lone archer.

The poor dwarf didn't realize that it would be better to run than face all the goblins alone, especially when there was no quarantines that others would reach the site soon enough. Instead she decided to attack the goblins all by herself, shooting the first goblin down and then hammering the next one with her crossbow. Fortunately this was enough to give her enough time allow others to reach the site, and so the siege was broken.

The archer didn't survive the assault without wounds, but luckily she was able to leave the battlefield without help, as the wounds were concentrated on her right upper arm. Stronghammer ordered her to visit Kilik for better diagnosis.

16th of Hematite, year 105

The wounds of the archer weren't bad, just like we suspected. The skin, fat and muscles were cut open, but that's something our doctors can cure easily. We expect her to be back in duty in few days.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 02, 2011, 04:02:22 pm »

LOL, im awesome  8)

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 02, 2011, 04:04:01 pm »

soo no kill for me?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 03, 2011, 09:23:35 am »

Actually, you got two kills. It will get mentioned in next update.

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 03, 2011, 03:50:18 pm »

muahahahahha the reign of stronghammer continues even with the mandating of useless items. Anyways great job so far, im enjoying the read.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 05, 2011, 06:59:49 pm »

muahahahahha the reign of stronghammer continues even with the mandating of useless items. Anyways great job so far, im enjoying the read.

Thank you! Those words are the reason why I keep going with this fortress.
I'm really happy to hear that people are enjoying reading this story.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16