Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Winners of Dwarf Fortress  (Read 7964 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: Winners of Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2011, 03:34:25 pm »

What about solving the age old question of how to leave a fort with out abandoning it?
Or the minor one of how to keep items in abandon fort/area from scattering?

plumphelmetpunk and Deon should be added for their contributions to DF one for playing other mods/toady versions of DF and the other for creating the mod that many love to play and still grows to this day.

Spoiler: rant and sorrow (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 11:48:37 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

LonelyZues

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2011, 04:20:27 pm »

Revocane and his fortress BloodRelic

Syff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2011, 06:06:20 pm »

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2011, 08:32:30 pm »

13erent, teh warcarp master.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 08:34:51 pm by Strife26 »
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2011, 04:04:34 am »

Deon (and TomiTapio) for making awesome mods. I'm surprised he isn't mentioned yet ^^

ETV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2011, 04:41:26 am »

Definitely this guy; http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=75780.0

...let me get this straight.

You first blockaded your entire landmass, planting statues along the edging to prevent any wildlife from entering, disrupting the migration habits and breeding of local terrestrial creatures, as well as probably annoying caravans to no end.

Then, you drained the ocean so that you could attempt to catch TWO animals only, with supermassive whales and sharks as a mere byproduct and entire freestanding structures in the middle of the ocean being mere attempts.  And after all this, you're still capable of draining the entire ocean at will.

Now, do it again.  Except add [AMPHIBIOUS] and [TRAP_AVOID] to the serpents!
Hello.

Endiqua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2011, 09:28:20 am »

Eiba is the author of One Dwarf Against the World, found here:  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=15572.0
DF sets out a challenge to us with no explanation and no assistance, and each time we fail it becomes more merciless, but we continue in the hopes that we can show it, "See?  I'm doing good, right?  I kept the little men alive!  You're proud of me, right?"

Chessrook44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2011, 10:27:00 am »

One word.

UNDERGROTTO.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2011, 12:45:31 pm »

I'm pretty shore that HFS usually wins dwarf fortress. You have to remember that Dwarf Fortress is NOT JUST a single player game.

Arkenstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfect Clear Diamond
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2011, 09:50:27 am »

I've updated the OP, removed the major/minor victory distinction and provided a good format for nominations.  I won't be doing any more listings myself if I can, so make sure to get it all in the right format.  I will not be accepting any nominations that do not provide a link to the project's thread.  I might do some more organization by type later though, if we get enough listings, or maybe a breakdown between the different kinds of victory. (I have a vauge method already, but it's based on intuition and very much arbitrary.)

Quote from: Retro
Dwarven economics are still in the experimental stages. The humans have told them that they need to throw a lot of money around to get things going, but every time the dwarves try all they just end up with a bunch of coins lying all over the place.

The EPIC Dwarven Drinking Song of Many Names

Feel free to ask me any questions you have about logic/computing; I'm majoring in the topic.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2011, 10:04:06 am »

It's "itnetlolor"

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2011, 01:07:46 pm »

It's "itnetlolor"
Even my name is visible in-thread, and it still gets misspelled/mispronounced. :P

Jackassery aside, thanks for the addition into the list anyway despite my non-self-nomination.

Another spelling error I noticed is myriad is spelled wrong. It's not miriad.

EDIT:
"Ship to Centauri" is supposed to be a Civilization reference, if I'm not mistaken, correct?

EDIT EDIT:
I also updated my latest post in the Bloodfist thread regarding it's successor (no uneccessary necroing there please). Questions about Bloodaxe, go it it's thread instead (also linked in the first post of the Bloodfist project thread). Bloodaxe's project page has also gotten a more proper update now.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 03:55:16 pm by Itnetlolor »

TotalPigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2011, 02:17:45 pm »

Copperblazes is a winner from 23a. I mean, there was basically nothing left to do when the adamatium was mined out.

http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-309-copperblazes

Arkenstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfect Clear Diamond
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2011, 04:29:47 pm »

You got a forum link for that?  I wanted to include it before, from the legends thread, but I wanted the forum thread if possible.  Plus, I need the guy's forum profile link.

Oh, one more thing: to make it clear, this thread is for nominating People, not Projects.  So, Boatmurdered isn't a nominee, but Evilslug might be one.  I'm still on the fence with how to go with community forts. (Maybe a "Cooperative Victory" or something...)

PS: the reason I ask for the project link is because I can always use that to get to the nominee's forum profile, while I can only do the reverse if he has said project in his sig (most do, but some have moved onto other projects since then).

PPS @Itnetlolor: yes it is, in-game it's called a scientific victory but that's taken by the dorfputers; technically you have a megaproject victory.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 04:33:54 pm by Arkenstone »

Quote from: Retro
Dwarven economics are still in the experimental stages. The humans have told them that they need to throw a lot of money around to get things going, but every time the dwarves try all they just end up with a bunch of coins lying all over the place.

The EPIC Dwarven Drinking Song of Many Names

Feel free to ask me any questions you have about logic/computing; I'm majoring in the topic.

yarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2011, 12:43:15 am »

wow thanks for this thread, I somehow missed the farming sea serpents thread. It was awesome :D
Pages: 1 2 [3]