Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20

Author Topic: Crewtowns: A direforged succession game (Needing more players)  (Read 34888 times)

Michael_Almeida

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:general idiocy]
    • View Profile
Re: Crewtowns: A direforged succession game (Needing more players)
« Reply #195 on: September 04, 2011, 08:32:28 am »

How many years has this been going for? Seven? Eight?
COMPETENT MODDER
ADEQUATE DRAWER
LEGENDARY PROCRASTINATOR
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 04, 2011, 08:58:56 am »

A lot.
I considered engraving the rest of the coffin area, I also placed a new coffin but was really really occupied with frogotten beasts and theifs that let a blind cave ogre out of a cage, luckily he wasn't in a place with pathing to dwarves, though my cult's frogotten pet might have snacked on him.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

slathazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 04, 2011, 01:54:41 pm »

Ikidarsha is properly buried.

Also I don't think I'll take a second turn after I'm finished with Saints. School is starting very soon.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 12:59:59 am by slathazer »

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 06, 2011, 08:05:31 am »

Oh, I figured you'd take fall and winter of mine than do your own, haha.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

slathazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 06, 2011, 09:08:58 pm »

I would, but because this is my first succession fort and a new school year is coming, half a year of Crewtowns is plenty of work. I'll want to take more turns as we continue to repeat the order though. I will post the whole of my narrative and the save Thursday.

slathazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 07, 2011, 10:26:40 pm »

My father tells me to stay away from the mason's cult. He says that they're occult artifact-makers who sacrifice animals to appease the monsters.  Father thinks that they should join the militia if they want to get rid of the monsters, not throw away our food supply. I think he's wrong. Saint, the cult leader, has talked to me and he's very nice. He occasionally gives me tablets to read. I've been inspired! I've decided to start my own diary.

Today Mr. Saint gave me a new name. He calls me "Slathazer Vorcackon Genavorchawich". It sounds like a boys name to be honest. It's strange, but I think it's nice "Slathazer: born 192". Mother and father think I'm acting strangely. They took me to one of the doctors and had them check me for some reason. I haven't told them about the journal.

Mr. Saint invited me to see the alter he built today. They were throwing a goblin down a pit. I was frightened, but Mr. Saint comforted me.
Afterwards I felt different... more intelligent somehow. I can't really explain it but I felt like I deserved something. I decided to ask Mr. Saint about it, but he just chuckled.

28th Galena, 196
   Something odd happened today. I slipped past the miners who were doing nothing at the dining table, talking I guess. I was just thinking that it would be nice for them to dig a big grand siege area when one of them suggested it to them all, and they all got up and went out the door to build one! Maybe mother and father were right about something being weird...

15 limestone, 196
   I've ordered the building of a sliding wall near the main entrance. I hope to build a road to our trade depot shortly. My new siege chamber is going excellent. There will be plenty of goblins to throw down the chamber once it it finished.
   How you may ask? Well, I've discovered that merely by brushing past people I can give them commands. I also feel a strange rush of joy and energy when I command them. I feel alive, invigorated, powerful. I think even Mr. Saint is slightly afraid of me.

17 Limestone, 196
   There is another frenzy going on. People are rushing and fearful again. It seems that there is another forgotten beast! This one is an insect and a hornet. It would seem benificial to kill it, perhaps put up its bones atop the altar... I need to go down to the military to influence them... This is fun!
I don't know how the feeble militia will be able to get down to the beast safely though, I better wait for it to come to me...

19 Limestone, 196
   I tried to tell the dwarves to honor the great hero Ikidarsha but with this new power there seems also to be the inability to properly explain what I wish. Ikidarsha's body had dissapeared, it seemed, after I ordered her peasants coffin to be removed so that she could be moved to a better one. I asked around and found an idiot thresher by the name of Alath Rovodcog throwing our great heros body into a refuse pile of hands and limbs of people Ikidarsha herself most likely removed. Alath will be suffering a slight drop into the altar shortly...

28th Limestone, 196
   Finally I got the buffoons to properly bury Miss Ikidarsha. I kindly asked one of the engravers if he could engrave the walls with images of her. He apparently ignored me though. Pictures of Crewtowns dwarves laboring and travelling, as well as a picture of the mayor. Beats pictures of cheese I guess.

2nd sandstone, 196
   Lolor Adilnazon has been acting strangely. He's been quiet and not cooking.  He then went downstairs and claimed a whole Craftsdwarves workshop. Though it's not like anyone else was using it.

19 Sandstone, 196
   The buffoons kept suspending the building of of the trade doorway, when I asked them why they said there was a sock in the way. They didn't want to move it if it wasn't theirs, so they just gave up the project. I tried to explain to them that if goblins were to attack (something Mr. Saint says is very likely) they would have a wide open entrance to the fortress, but they just shrugged and said that they didn't know whose it was.
   The work on the choke point for the fortress is going well, as is my astronomically increasing intelligence. Nobody seems to bother with me now except when I tell them to do things. We seem to have an exact balance of food. I think we should have more of it so that when migrants come they won't make the fortress starve, I'll influence the planters to see if they can point me in a direction...

26 Sandstone, 196
   Lolor, the lowly cook came sprinting up the staircase like a child. (It was childish to even me.) he was holding with glee this new thing he had made "Eresod!" He proudly proclaimed, holding up a mess of small bones. "It's a bin! We can store stuff in it!". Though a turkey bone bin isn't something wholly contributory to the fortress, Lolor did learn a few things about bonecarving. I told him to make some bolts for our archers to not practice with.

27 Sandstone, 196
   Bim Adagonul fell today. He was digging out the floor and fell. He was unconsious for a few hours, then got back up and was fine.

1st Timber, 196
   I knew that Migrants would come. "Despite the danger" too. They must have heard something about my fort (hehe "My Fort" has a nice ring to it. I'm the only reason we're doing anything anyways...) and got all worried. Well, it's to the engraving for the lot of them. There are nine in total. One decent Mason who Mr. Saint will no doubt gladly bring into our little cult, and one Yak Cow which I immediatly ordered to be slaughtered.

4th Opal, 196
   In channeling out the floor, Mr. Miner got stuck. I need to find a way to get him to come down.

5th Opal, 196
   I feel fuzzy somehow. Like... I'm fading or in a dream.

15th Opal, 196
   I've had the cute animal traner training for months now, and with all the spare beasts around we'll have a fine army of dogs and war grizzly bears soon to help kill those cute goblins... *Drawn is a very crude picture of a bear along with some dwarves*

19th Opal, 196
   The Miners are bored, so I asked them to dig beneath the lava. We saw some strange ores down there. They look pretty...
They keep shouting that the stone is warm for some reason. I told them to dig it anyways.

24th opal, 196
   people are obeying me less now. I don't know why. Even the Masons seem not to want to do what I ask. I think I'm fading away. My powers are fading away...
   I've built lodgings for 40 people, and dug out some for 20 more. Nearly 30 dwarves don't have any rooms. I don't understand after nearly 20 years of life, the fortress holds 145 dwarves, but only has room for 90? Hopefully these new apartments will fix that problem. They are much smaller, but tightly packed and easily managable. The bigger rooms can be engraved and reserved for the nobles.

3rd Obsision, 196
   Mr. Zuntirzanor started building something today. Like I said, my power is waning.

8th Obsidian, 196
   It's a toy hammer.

11th Obsidian, 196
   The forgotten beast came in somehow. He came out of nowhere. I asked the military to face him. They killed him in a few minutes, with only the loss of one dog.

16th Obsidian, 196
   An Auride trader came today. She just went into the old dining room and sath there looking expectant. Oh no. There are more coming. They look very strange...

19th Obsidian, 196
   What the- ANOTHER forgotten beast? I can hear it growling all the way from my bedroom. It frightens me...
These Aurides seem extremely impressed by our crafts. They're not that pretty though... For a few bins of the things they gave us wood, food, metal...

2th Obsidian, 196
   Im almost bored now. A lot of my people won't do what I ask anyways, so I might as well let them to their own desires. I'll lay low for a while and try to study more.

Thanks a lot for letting me play, guys! when next the turn comes to me I'll probably do it again. Good luck to the next player!

Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4925

I do have screenshots, but I'll edit them in later.

Kelmoir

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 07, 2011, 11:43:56 pm »

Guess It is my turn now.

Downloading. Since the last turn wasn't complete, the time is until 1st spring in 198?

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 08, 2011, 04:52:13 am »

I wouldn't think so. That'd be like giving you a whole extra year because the player before you only finished the last 11 months. Don't see the logic in that.

I'm surprised nobody in the last 4 years has bothered to check up on the kennels :P
Look at all this meat! Spishaban's been busy... (dude loves his turkeys)

Edit: Why are the war animals and birds pastured together... or even pastured at all in first place? They don't need to eat grass. If anything it's just encouraging them to eat each other.

And our current Chief Medical Dwarf is doing an absolutely terrible job. I'm 100% sure those guys were still in the hospital when I checked up on the fortress... over two years ago. Granted, it could be because Unib is in the military, and always training, all the time. Or maybe it's just a glitch related to Traction Benches. Perhaps deconstructing them will fix it?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 05:24:34 am by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Kelmoir

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 08, 2011, 05:42:46 am »

My turn started on 1st Granite 197 (the actual in game date), thus one Year is until the first Granite 198.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 05:45:20 am by Kelmoir »

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 08, 2011, 06:19:10 am »

Well you look to be in need of player so I'll gladly take a turn if you message me  :D

EDIT: And Kelmoir, I'd say you should play to the granite 198, that's 13 months rather than 12, hardly a stretch
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 08:57:23 am by ashton1993 »
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Cousen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 08, 2011, 08:38:55 am »

I feel your pain Spish, this fort really grew on me. 

I want to sign up for a second turn at it.  I will limit my updates though, or just keep them in one post. sorry about that last time around.  At least you guys new what was happening as it was happening.

Kelmoir

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 08, 2011, 11:13:11 am »

1st Granite 197
I am Kelmoir Kelabsam, an Recruit of this Fortress.
Today they told me, they wanted me to do the decisions what to happen with this Fortress, and to make it safe. Through I don't know, why they choose me. Because of that child maybe.
So, the first thing I did, is what annoyed me most - all those supended furniture jobs were activated once more, and the got to be done, everything else is lazy.
Since, the Fortress itself seems to run pretty smooth at the moments, I guess I should focus on the second big entryway and the entrys from the caves first.

4th Granite 197
Our great Hero Imush is now burried in the Tomb near the Barracs.

16th Granite 197
Spishaban caught and told me, that all there is still a lot of mess to clear up. I have to admit that he is right.
So first, I seperated the War animals from the Ducks, and pastured both inside. Mainly, to keep them in an specifiic place, where I can find them.
the Kennels were quite empty, and the cages quite full, did something about that, too.
And finally I kicked some stonecrafters asses out of their traction Benches. Healthy Dwarfes work!

26th Granite 197
Some Migrants have arrived! 5 dwarfes arrived, making 150 Drwarfes in the fort.
Miasma in the enty way! Seems like the stuff in the Butcher shop startet to rot. Crap. Gotta do something about that.

1st Slate 197
And why is nearly every dwarf buisy with hauling shit? I'll drill a new route through the fortress to make things quicker.

10th Slate 197
The new garbage dump is finally operating, it is using Magma, as one would expect.

25th Slate 197
Zefon Ididok (what an idiotic name) has become a moody Bone carver.

26th Slate 197
and he claims a craftsdwarfs workshop, how suprising. But he seems to got that he wants.

1st Fesite 197
All those ghosts are quite annying, gotta solve the problem on an dwarven scal - Memorial slabs for everyone.

11th Felsite 197
Our moody bonecarver finally got all the Stuff he needs, and started his contruction.

12th Felsite 197
The Glassfactory is also finally finished - time to start the real project, the Magma Curtain.

14th Felsite 197
And the elves arrived...

16th Felsite 197
And the moody bonecarfer finished his project, an Mountain Goat bone cabinet, creepy.

18th felsite 197
and the wuadi arrived, that reminds me, why doesn't my broker got any apprisal skill? Put a Miner in charge...

18th Hematite 197
the work on the Magma Curtain is proceeding in scedule, but besides that, there is only one thing happening.
New migrants, 5 in total, making 156 dwarfs now (one birth was in between).

12th Malachite 197
The Memorial Hall is scoring its first Victory - scratch one Ghost (Zaneg Edemser, Ghostly Woodcutter has been put to rest).

20th Malachite 197
My wife gave bith to a healthy son, he was named Erith Isontobul.

2nd Galena 197
Scratch another Ghost.

10th Galena 197
An Titan showed up near the Fortress, so I ordered the standart procedure.

11th Galena 197
The Beast was Slain, by the single speardwarf Zefon Vucarkivish, and his heavily Armored war dog Kogan Lorkubuk. What a tough dog, must got an Adamantine Hide.

12th Galena 197
an encar Caravan has arrived.

2nd Limestone 197
By carful watching the Stocks, i noticed, that the booze stocks were decreasing. I can't let this fortress run out of Booze!
Also gave the trader piles of Junk and got Metal bards, foreign Booze and other metal stuff for it.

22nd Limestone 197
And another migrants have arrived... 5 int toal, and the fortress is at 162 Dwarfes....
I really wonder, if the Magma curtain is finished (and tested) before the next Goblin party arrives or if we have to deal with them by the usual way.

9th Sandstone 197
Scratch another ghost.
That means, there are no ghosts left. But the memorial hall will recieve further Slabs. Since thats the intention.
And our Mandae making assole (or Mayor) has mandated three green Glass Items. Well, sice the screw pumps for magma consist entierly out of it, that isn't a big deal.
And the Magma pump stack is finished, and some final safety prepations are used, time to get the Magma ready for some fun.

20th Sandstone 197
there were some Issues with the pump stack - die filling Floodgate for the magma curtain were undergoing tests, when the magma reached the spot - magma spilling there, but luckily safty measures won, and no living creatures were harmed - not even the cave spider in the usual kill zone. I really don't know, how it got there.

19th Timber 197
The dwarfen caraven has arrived.

20th Timber 197
An Ambush!
Standart procedures were ordered.at least one casulty I fear for.

22th Timber 197
Another Ambush!
the first ambush is still alive (including that dumb dwarf, that ran 20 fields away from them ofer the plant, to get some gems...) Gotta recall the military, the traps will handle that.

27th Timber 197
The first ambush finally ran into the traps, set of a dozen Stone trapf, and left, without casulties, and one heavily wounded goblin. That new Siege Area really needs to become operational (some traps there were melted away by the magma accident).

5th Moonstone 197
The Ambushes are away, they lost on ambushee, and one snatcher. And several Goblins are now caged. Guess it's time to make use of the Mason Altar.
And the magma is nearly entierly evaporated, so I can fix up the Pump stack and seal that leak.

9th Moonstone 197
the get plased by those masons, I ordered 2 goblins being sacrificed on their Altar. I didn't bother to strip them first, with all that lurking down there, they won't survive, anyways. And besides, there is enough shit that litters everything.

1st Opal 197
the Siege training range was put into service, this was nessiary, because the new siege Area also relies on massive Use of Siege Engines.

1st Obsidian 197
finally, the magma pump is rebuild, and the last error is removed, time to get it operational!
Guess that was supposed, to happen, one of the pumps in the system was alligned wrong, the first time ever! Well, right now, it is actually deady, and the magma only floods the right places, but still not finished.

12th obsidian 197
And yet another ambush!
Once more, standart procedure...

14th Obsidian 197
Ambush number 4 this Year. Must be a nest somewhere...

16th Obsidian 197
Where did that moody dwarf came from? Anyways, he just claimed a craftsdwarf workshop (in the Adamanitine preproccessing area) and went off gathering stuff.

17th obsidian 197
the giblins got casulties, but are still there, right in time, to meet the Auride caravan... I still don't want to send the military...

19th obsidian 197
the marksdwarves and the Auride guards killed the goblin without any further casulties.

25th Obsidian 197
Just in time, the last repairs on the Magma Curtain were finished, Time to perform some tests.

26th Obsidian 198
Well, there sre still some issues with spilling Magma, and the magma isn't showing on the real low tiles, but the magma's got to be there, due to the nature of the screw pumps...
Anyways, still possible, to flood the corridor with a safe amount of magma, if handeled wrong.
And hopefully, everyone turn first the power for the curtain, and after that activates it, and when turning off, deactivate first, then de-power. if done otherwise, some magma will spill.

1st Ganite 198
So, My time is over, So, I'll pass the lead to the next one.
What did I accieve?
- Smothing most missing parts of the inner Fortress
- Magma powered Glass Industry bought online
- Made Magma avaiable near the Surface, including stable Power suply (all constructed Levers are labeled with notes)
- got the gortress rid of ghosts by building the Memorial Hall (not finished, but can easily expanded in the future)
- some things, Spish mentioned, even though the cages are still cluttered.
- net pop increase (some dwarfes were just too stupid)
To be taken care of by the next overseer:
- Moddy dwarf in the adamantine preproccessing area
- the semi external Pasture including stockpiles need a safe route (door is currently closed, to prevent further stupid dwarf deaths)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 05:08:51 pm by Kelmoir »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 08, 2011, 08:47:26 pm »

Hey, if we're signing up for second turns, count me in! I'll be less lazy this time. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Michael_Almeida

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:general idiocy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 09, 2011, 06:41:59 am »

I want to sign up for a second turn at it.
Hey, if we're signing up for second turns, count me in!

In the event that at the end of a player's turn, there is no one to take over, I will restart the turn order from the top of the player list. Until then, I will not give extra turns to anyone.
COMPETENT MODDER
ADEQUATE DRAWER
LEGENDARY PROCRASTINATOR

Kelmoir

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 10, 2011, 05:13:21 pm »

So, my turn is over, just waiting for the dffd registration verification e-mail for uploading it.

I'll drop an pm to michael, as soon, the uploading is finished.

I will edit this post, as soon,everything is uploaded

Edit 1:
Well, 3G sucks. tried  uploading 5 times, none succeeded, it is tooo damn slow, to upload 14MB of data :x.
So I will upload it tomorrow on work in a break, we got enough bandwith there to do the trick.

Edit 2:
DFFD wasn't avaiable while I was on work, so I uploaded it on Rapidshare.
https://rapidshare.com/files/4103214897/Crewtowns198.zip
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 11:48:50 am by Kelmoir »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20